Anti Portal-Ganking Measures with Patch 7

• Theat you seem so short sighted my friend. The BZ is already dead it would be literally a desert if you removed all bubbles etc. Makes no sense to just auto die just because you zone over and 10 retards are standing there (hence the bubble mechanic needs to exist). Even the current state of BZ is super punishing to any non zergs with the congested realm gates and extreme limited places for storage. If they somehow made even more punishing you mise well just call it quits in the BZ. As a PvPer you should be asking for them to fix the current state so you get MORE people to kill. You are fighting for your cause backwards.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tabor ().

• iRawr wrote:

Theat wrote:

No, Low risk, High profit

If you want to win in the Black Zone, then go out ready to fight and die, and not to cry about it on the forum.

BUFF GANKING

BUFF BLACK ZONE
      Right. That why BZ was so empty and dead. There is no other content with same risk\profit here. And it will be even more dead, like before FTP, if devs not fix it.
      I know its ok for guys like you, who just gank all day, and just go back to rust if the game will die soon, but players who just started like me, wanna play at least 6 month with live open world sandbox.

BTW i never ask to "nerf ganking", i always ask to nerf GROUP skill-less AFK ganking with radars\alt scouts. Or buff other content to make the profit equal the current state of group ganking.
      How do you gank people while AFK? You have to be actively chasing targets to gank them. Also, radar/alt scouting is both against the TOS. They're nerfed enough. The nerf is you get caught you get banned.
    • It's a sandbox, you can't force someone to group or reduce your number. Rewards for low risk should be reduced. I will give you an example.
      A friend created guilds for novice players who have just started their adventure with Albion. After a week we did a few trips on the black, (Some of them were there for the first time) they learned the basics and to take not only claws and bl in the gank group, to have some dispells etc. Two days later they began ganks group dungeons in 15 people. t4.1 - t5.0 and the results (on discords we have settlements from trips) clearly show the risk even for inexperienced, poorly equiped players are practically zero, and the loot is really good.
    • Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

iRawr wrote:

Theat wrote:

No, Low risk, High profit

If you want to win in the Black Zone, then go out ready to fight and die, and not to cry about it on the forum.

BUFF GANKING

BUFF BLACK ZONE
      Right. That why BZ was so empty and dead. There is no other content with same risk\profit here. And it will be even more dead, like before FTP, if devs not fix it.I know its ok for guys like you, who just gank all day, and just go back to rust if the game will die soon, but players who just started like me, wanna play at least 6 month with live open world sandbox.

BTW i never ask to "nerf ganking", i always ask to nerf GROUP skill-less AFK ganking with radars\alt scouts. Or buff other content to make the profit equal the current state of group ganking.
      How do you gank people while AFK? You have to be actively chasing targets to gank them. Also, radar/alt scouting is both against the TOS. They're nerfed enough. The nerf is you get caught you get banned.
      How do i gank? 0_o
      I am not gank at all. All my PvP fame got from real PvP activity's.

How players like Theat gank AFK? Ez:
      - get a group of 9+ players,
      - go to full PvP zone,
      - sit near exit portal of any "not dead yet" zone (1 zone from white\green portal is ok).
      - add naked alt to the zone entrance from the other side of the map(to reduce your risks to 0).
      - block the portal by alot of CC and catch every solo\small group trying to exit the zone.

Done, even if you AFK - you will get "PvP fame" when you party will kill someone. Coth they no need you to fight. And if your naked alt see there is a real PvP group incoming, just dont fight, jump to the portal, mount up in bubble. Done 0 risk - best profit in game, and millions of PvP fame, which in fact are not a real PvP fame, but you can be proud of this fame just as if you really participated in PvP.

Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

Also, radar/alt scouting is both against the TOS. They're nerfed enough. The nerf is you get caught you get banned.
      IF you get caught you MAYBE get banned.
      And i saw it just once, where player showed hes radar on stream. And i don't know if get banned for real, but hes group, who gank with he, but not stream they game - is not banned for sure.

And i STILL see and report SAME scouts at Caerleon entrances in RZ (It is against the TOS already. right?) for 4+ month i play the game. And they are still here, and still looking for mammoth who leave the Caer.
      So nope, TOS is not a game function, and it is can be good only IF it works.

The post was edited 2 times, last by iRawr ().

• Afk ganking wheter solo or gruop is the best. Why bother chasing when fools will knock on your doors. Just stay and wait and kill.

Yesterday, i got bunch of solo kills in bz, and ungodly amount of kills when we were camping two maps deep in BZ - and even camping one hideout :D And people just die. God damn, like so many people. And you know what ? It´s always their fault. It´s not hard to evade gankers. Learn the game, and you wont die.
    • The people asking for a flag PvP option in the BZ are obviously nutty. But so are the people that think the current BZ is healthy for the game. It is all about balance. Excessive ganking in the limited choke points available for entry or to get back to sell loot is also a bad thing. This discourages virtually ALL players that do not want to play in zerg guilds to participate in the BZ. In case you guys have not noticed this is a huge portion of the population. The Royal cities and continent is jam packed right now. Many of these people should be in the BZ by now but due to poor mechanics will not even give it a shot. As a vet I agree the current BZ is not as bad as many people think because it only looks bad due to the zerging in the first 2 zones. Once past those zones it is pretty much a wasteland. However most players are not vets and also most players in MMOs will not bother trying something that is unnecessarily tedious. Fixes below will increase population AND PvP in the BZ.

*Spread out realm gates and add 2 more minimum for each city.
      *Add many more WC type banks (sounds like this will be happening at some point).
      *Add stations to BZ cities to make them livable similar to Royal cities (HO design failed once again due to zergs being zergs).
      *Implement trash rate increases based on fight ratio. If people want to gank 10v1 than they still can they will just get 0 reward for the 0 risk they take.
      *Rewarding small scale content needs to be added. Large scale consistent fighting is fun for many in Albion (territory/castles) but solo/small groups is the life blood for all games.
      *Revamp HO to only 1 per guild and make them only usable by that guild or alliance.
    • Tabor wrote:

The people asking for a flag PvP option in the BZ are obviously nutty. But so are the people that think the current BZ is healthy for the game. It is all about balance. Excessive ganking in the limited choke points available for entry or to get back to sell loot is also a bad thing. This discourages virtually ALL players that do not want to play in zerg guilds to participate in the BZ. In case you guys have not noticed this is a huge portion of the population. The Royal cities and continent is jam packed right now. Many of these people should be in the BZ by now but due to poor mechanics will not even give it a shot. As a vet I agree the current BZ is not as bad as many people think because it only looks bad due to the zerging in the first 2 zones. Once past those zones it is pretty much a wasteland. However most players are not vets and also most players in MMOs will not bother trying something that is unnecessarily tedious. Fixes below will increase population AND PvP in the BZ.

*Add many more WC type banks (sounds like this will be happening at some point).
      *Add stations to BZ cities to make them livable similar to Royal cities (HO design failed once again due to zergs being zergs).
      *Implement trash rate increases based on fight ratio. If people want to gank 10v1 than they still can they will just get 0 reward for the 0 risk they take.
      *Rewarding small scale content needs to be added. Large scale consistent fighting is fun for many in Albion (territory/castles) but solo/small groups is the life blood for all games.
      *Revamp HO to only 1 per guild and make them only usable by that guild or alliance.
      It is funny - they get the message and get it and get it...and we don't see the execution..

Quot Dubitas SBI???
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

Tabor wrote:

The people asking for a flag PvP option in the BZ are obviously nutty. But so are the people that think the current BZ is healthy for the game. It is all about balance. Excessive ganking in the limited choke points available for entry or to get back to sell loot is also a bad thing. This discourages virtually ALL players that do not want to play in zerg guilds to participate in the BZ. In case you guys have not noticed this is a huge portion of the population. The Royal cities and continent is jam packed right now. Many of these people should be in the BZ by now but due to poor mechanics will not even give it a shot. As a vet I agree the current BZ is not as bad as many people think because it only looks bad due to the zerging in the first 2 zones. Once past those zones it is pretty much a wasteland. However most players are not vets and also most players in MMOs will not bother trying something that is unnecessarily tedious. Fixes below will increase population AND PvP in the BZ.

It is funny - they get the message and get it and get it...and we don't see the execution..

Quot Dubitas SBI???
      Just coth RT players and they friends need silver for ..., and it is one of the easiest ways to get this silver. So they never approve this changes and will do everything to ignore it.
      They don't care on "risk - reward" shit they are simple players, and players are fighting for personal gain only.

Only SBI DEV can change it, but till they listen the "community" - they will never change it. Coth they RUST-like community - love to get alot of profit with 0 risk.
    • why would high number ganking be one of most profitable things in albion?

if you gather for 60mins and die you lost 1 hours work... for a 10 man gank group they invested same time as you if they dont gank anyone for 6mins.
      thats not good money at all. and you have to group up, deal with loot, comms..
      I like that things arent easy or safe bc when you are usccessful it has meaning.

realmgates should not be increased! there are difficult BZ areas to get to, where meduim sized guilds can live bc its far away from any realmgate or BZ city. same for WC, no increase pls. it should be hard to live in BZ and there are ways to do it without joining mega allaince already.

stations in BZ city sounds good.
      trash rate for fight ratio very good imo.
      for Hideouts to only have the option for access: Guild,Alliance,Open for all.
    • Theat wrote:

Activities that require the cooperation of more and more players, should be more profitable, and it is.

That's why players do 100v100 ZVZ.

That's why players do group dungeons.

Solo players should not be "equal" to groups and zergs. Make some friends. Learn to fight together. You can't have it both ways.
      You just dont understand the game. Group dungeons or zvz is much less profitable, then skill-les random ganker group in t4.1 gear bloking the portal.

And ppl doing zvz not for profit, but coth they like it, its just fun pvp, to fight players with equal gear, where only cooperation and personal skill of shoutcallers and zerg - win the fight.

And its not even cloth to ganking in profit, but much more healthy to the game.
    • Theat wrote:

"ZVZ not profitable"

Meanwhile the Mega-alliances control billions and billions of silver of net worth and assets.

I can't discuss this game when you "players" are out of touch with reality.

Maybe learn the game before critiquing it.
      The terry control, mega alliance and etc, is profitable, like every politics shit, but they take profit from gathering t8 terry, gank on it, best fame farm, castle chests etc, but not ZvZ itself.
      You just call profit from gathering - ZvZ profit. But its not.

ZvZ, as content - is not profitable itself. It is ALOT of risk, and pretty small reward just to cover the guilds regears. (If you fight in real ZvZ like 20+ vs 20+, not gank-roam party to catch some small group\solo by 20+ of your "zvzers", its just a group gank if you not fight the equal numbers in ZvZ).

You just can’t understand this, in your eyes the game is to farm 400 specs, take cheap things with friends and rob newcomers who could never defeat even one of you. Running away from any real fight or threat.

Players like you visit ZvZ only so that you are not kicked out of the guild or alliance. And do not lose territory for a sweet gank.

The real ZVZ is not about that at all, it's the real PvP, players engaged in it for fun, a competition of minds and skills they like, not for the just victory, and for sure not for the loot.
      Real ZvZers, wasting silver to practice and fight to have fun from the game. Not wasting they time to get some shitty gear to sell it for silver.

P.S. I am not out of touch from reality, we just have a different reality. We play at completely different levels of the game, and they both exist. All new players go through yours level of the game, but not everyone can leave it.

And at "ZvZ for fun lvl of game" - there is no place for players who care about silver he may lost or get in ZvZ fight. That why you can not understand.

The post was edited 8 times, last by iRawr ().

• Theat wrote:

It's clear that you don't understand this game, and have no right to your opinion to change anything in the game.

"no risk" 20 versus 40, 40 versus 60, 1 versus 10

You don't know what you're talking about.

Go play Barbie Online.

Keep the black zone BLACK.
      You dont know the game just the same as you can not even read. I didn't say anything like that. There is sayd ZvZ is alot of risk.
      So you have nothing to say to the actual words i wrote, just go cry about your "dead daggers nerfs", you just can't handle this discussion.