Current state of Gathering

• You can't take a group to go gathering. Nodes are in (very) limited supply as it is, there are far more profitable things to do as a group than go gathering together.

The main issue with gankers is not the actual ganking. As a gather, I don't mind the odd one or two solo gankers or duo gankers but I don't go black zoning anymore due to EXIT CAMPING.

What needs to be fixed is for it not to be worthwhile to attack gatherers in groups and to make solo ganking profitable.

There are ways you can do this;

While wearing gathering gear;

The fewer unique attackers the lower the chance that gear break or materials trash.
      The more unique attackers the higher the chance that gear breaks and bag items have higher chance of trashing/disappearing (including gathered materials)
      30% to 40% less defence stats. Cannot use weapon skills. Tools have unique skills like short single target stun, mobility, no attack skills.
      For every unique attacker you gain x% phys/mag defence and cc resist. Up to 100%. Non-purgable for short duration like 5 seconds. Refreshes every attack.

You need to make solo and duo ganking worthwhile WHILE wearing decent gear for the risk/reward ratio to be somewhat balanced. The state it is in now is you can take a group of players in basic cheap gear and take solo people down.. especially gatherers who are not veteran PvPers. There is literally zero risk, especially if you are stealthing near an exit because you don't even need to hunt gatherers, they have to come to you. I don't think that outland banks fix this.

tl;dr. You have to do something to get rid of groups camping exits as it is ruining the game. Make gathering gear vulnerable to single attackers but literal unkillable tanks (can't use weapon skills) vs groups.

The post was edited 1 time, last by YipToe ().

• YipToe wrote:

You can't take a group to go gathering. Nodes are in (very) limited supply as it is, there are far more profitable things to do as a group than go gathering together.

The main issue with gankers is not the actual ganking. As a gather, I don't mind the odd one or two solo gankers or duo gankers but I don't go black zoning anymore due to EXIT CAMPING.

What needs to be fixed is for it not to be worthwhile to attack gatherers in groups and to make solo ganking profitable.

There are ways you can do this;

While wearing gathering gear;

The fewer unique attackers the lower the chance that gear break or materials trash.
      The more unique attackers the higher the chance that gear breaks and bag items have higher chance of trashing/disappearing (including gathered materials)
      30% to 40% less defence stats. Cannot use weapon skills. Tools have unique skills like short single target stun, mobility, no attack skills.
      For every unique attacker you gain x% phys/mag defence and cc resist. Up to 100%. Non-purgable for short duration like 5 seconds. Refreshes every attack.

You need to make solo and duo ganking worthwhile WHILE wearing decent gear for the risk/reward ratio to be somewhat balanced. The state it is in now is you can take a group of players in basic cheap gear and take solo people down.. especially gatherers who are not veteran PvPers. There is literally zero risk, especially if you are stealthing near an exit because you don't even need to hunt gatherers, they have to come to you. I don't think that outland banks fix this.

tl;dr. You have to do something to get rid of groups camping exits as it is ruining the game. Make gathering gear vulnerable to single attackers but literal unkillable tanks (can't use weapon skills) vs groups.
      It's really funny because everything you said is in the game. Higher attackers just got increased penalties to durability of surviving items.
      You get resistances with more unique attackers already (rather, they get penalties of damage against you, so effectively, resistances).

Solo/duo ganking is already more rewarding since you sit the loot, at best, 2 ways, instead of tons of different ways. And now with the durability penalty of group kills, it's even less lucrative to group gank.

The problem you aren't realizing is: no matter what they do, people will still do it. If groups of 6+ guaranteed trashing of all of the targets gear, people would still do it. Making it less rewarding doesn't change that. The true reward is killing the player. Albion is made for people to feel like they're flexing, so you theres nothing albion could do to stop 10+ gankers from killing you.
    • 1) Not bad, but variety in gathering pve content will be good. Like gathering dungeons, more gathering gear choices etc.
      2)I feel like it is the same, but the income / risk ratio is low
      3)Outlands - Hideout
      4) Near our outlands hideouts (for alliance), T6 - T7
      5) Tier 8. This tier gives advantage for the fastest gathering for any tier. Fast gathering is my focus
      6) Empty nodes, it is difficult to find full nodes or even with 1/5 - 2/5. With Tier 7.1 bag and swiftclaw, it takes 1.5 hours to fullfill my bag
      7) I feel this past answers remain the same with the patch
    • Red Zone: Good :)
      Black Zone: Bad :(

Anything above T6 is either always depleted, heavily camped, or non-existent.

Base T7 and T8 nodes need to be increased in terms of spawn rates & chance, while their enchanted variants (7.1/7.2/8.3/etc) should be left the same, or slightly reduced across the board.

This could make higher enchants more valuable, while allowing functional base resources to be more obtainable by the average player.

Also, there needs to be less focus on "group" gathering activities, aka aspects and the idea that T7/T8 should only be obtainable by the top guilds.

Put the focus of gathering back into the hands of the single/solo player, even if they own territory, or have a guild, gathering in itself is a solo activity.
      There is such a high demand on group PvE/PvP content, attempting to get a "gathering group" is almost a joke at this point, even with a large guild or alliance unless it directly benefits their next GvG (kek)

Also, with the recent portal moves, the Caerleon resource market has been absolutely shit-canned, anyone returning to the game past the "30 day island move" period, especially those with multiple islands are put at a complete disadvantage simply for not being active during the "Queen" update and patching cycle.

Otherwise, RZ gathering seems much better now than previous years simply due to the heavy focus on portals, BZ changes, and increased spawn rates overall.

• Focus gathering activities and new content towards solo play
      • Focus on fixing T7 & T8 resource spawn activity, rates, and chances
      • Increase base T7 / T8 resource activity while decreasing higher level enchants (7.3/8.2)
      • Red Zones feel empty besides Hell Gates simply due to everyone having instant portal access via starting cities, huge demand/focus on BZ while Royal Continent feels like behind

The post was edited 1 time, last by ProfessorZee ().

• Well its happening exactly what we said BEFORE they did that change in Queen .

U cant be a gatherer only anymore , u cant have fun to be ONLY a gatherer anymore . Its not anymore a vocation .

U need have a big monster alliance .

U need to have people with u or on map around u .

U need to be very FEW gatherer in the alliance/guild because everything will be depleted.

U need be UP after maintenance , and another time switch for new player come and other go sleep.
    • Wydoyolo wrote:

Crane wrote:

News flash folks:
      This is the new form and direction of gathering. You want the old times of gathering? Then you will have to brave the upcoming gathering dungeons.

ZvZ got nerfed too: you ain't getting fresh equipment as drops anymore, only broken items. Combat looters gotta learn how to make silver now.
      What is the purpose if your post, honestly?People are giving feedback, because they were asked to do so. Even with changes developers can hear new feedback, and they maybe realize these changes they proposed are not enough for community, but enough to keep specific avg. amount of resources in the world.

A.Frosted.Wolf wrote:

Gathering still sucks. Give us the old system with faster spawning T7 and T8 nodes. It wasn't broken and needed tweaks not an overhaul.

Quit trying to fix things that only need adjustments.
      You know, resources = items = silver = gold = > real money.
      I just stopped playing, gathering, debuffs. Simply can't enjoy this game anymore.
      People complaining about the changes, yea that's feedback. People not considering gathering dungeons will be the new gathering meta; that's the point of this post.
      T8 All Gatherer - T8 All Refiner - T8 Rare Animal Breeder

Newbie questions are welcome! <3 <3

Referral Link: Play for free today!
    • Gotta say, it gives me heart seeing all these whinging cry babies that dont want to gather in the black.

Its bloody AWESOME as it leaves all the materials for me.

Ohh woh is me, I cant solo the black zone and make mega millions without any risk, woh this game has gone to shit.

LOL.

You do realise that there are thousands of gathers in the black gathering, utilising their guild hideouts to craft and making a motza. There are safe zones in the black that have a bank vault, repair station and localised market and travel agent, If you got of your arses and stopped whinging long enough, you could run out to one of these places, set it as home and never have to deal with portal gankers when wanting to gather.

But please, continue, while I go and make some popcorn and laugh at the bullshit drama.

Oh and to the Devs, gathering seems fine to me, especially with the changes to mounts and weight. The wild boar is perfect for Black Zone gathering.
      ItsNewbie
      ----------------------
      https://www.aoherald.com/
    • ItsNewbie wrote:

Gotta say, it gives me heart seeing all these whinging cry babies that dont want to gather in the black.

Its bloody AWESOME as it leaves all the materials for me.

Ohh woh is me, I cant solo the black zone and make mega millions without any risk, woh this game has gone to shit.

LOL.

You do realise that there are thousands of gathers in the black gathering, utilising their guild hideouts to craft and making a motza. There are safe zones in the black that have a bank vault, repair station and localised market and travel agent, If you got of your arses and stopped whinging long enough, you could run out to one of these places, set it as home and never have to deal with portal gankers when wanting to gather.

But please, continue, while I go and make some popcorn and laugh at the bullshit drama.

Oh and to the Devs, gathering seems fine to me, especially with the changes to mounts and weight. The wild boar is perfect for Black Zone gathering.
      You are only looking at your own micro scenario.

People need to have an option of bringing back recources to royal continent. Pre queen update we had city plots, however who didnt have that option could easily gather and bring it back.
    • solventh wrote:

i didnt know gathering had to be a group activity. so u want people to gather less resources and do that with 4-5 friends? hah.
      Not quite what i think he was saying.

I can sympathise with both the people frustrated at gankers and the people see little issue with the current system.

My current situation is quite comfortable. I'm in an alliance/guild that owns HO and terries and has decent maps where, if you are ganked, there are 'safe zones'. This being said there are also those who go out of their way to try killing me (or us i should say) since we are a part of this alliance. The old gathering was much more profitable and fruitful, every time i saw a t7 i was happy because i knew i would be getting 23 ticks (rarely someone would only half mine). Now it's a gamble, and the smaller 3 tick nodes are mostly 1/3. I think a portion of the gathering community bailed and decided to try ganking because the the way gathering has impacted the game, as a whole, seems to be negative. The higher tier you get in any gathering skill the more danger you are putting yourself in with higher tiered nodes/maps. People, no matter what tier, will always gank. It's content that's pvp. The issue is where it was once more relaxed and fun, people seem to gank anyone- t4 or t8 gatherer. The dude was simply saying, in a nutshell, be smart about how you go into the bz whilst gathering. having people on the same map will give you eyes as to where potential gankers (or aspects) are. That's useful. How you decide to split (or not split) any resources is up to you.
    • Hey everyone, let's talk about Gathering

We have received a lot of negative feedback about the state of gathering since the launch of Queen.

But before we make any further changes, we would like to get a better idea of your thoughts and experience of gathering right now. It would be very helpful if you could reply by answering to the following questions:

1) How do you like the current state of gathering?

2) Since Queen, what is the main difference in your gathering experience?

3) From where do you start your gathering? (From an Outpost, a royal city, an outland city...?)

4) Where do you gather? (What tier and what biome, deep in the outland center or on the royals)

5) What tier of Gathering Gear do you use? And why this tier?

6) What is your biggest gripe with the current situation?

7) How did patch 5 change my experience?

1- I dislike it alot
      2- I did not play before queen so cannot comment
      3- From a royal city having to travel a couple of maps
      4-Used to gather t6 lymhurst area however due to the numbe rof gankers moved to t5
      5- I use t5 atm t4 when on red zones due to gankers
      6- My main problem is that there simply arent enough resources for all the gatherers in t5 zones there are more on t6 up but the number of gankers is too high essentially the game is too small for the amount of players it wwould be good to either, have more areas t6 up to distribute gankers, decrease respawn time of t5 up resources or to simply have more resources spawn
      7- I do not know what patch 5 did so can't comment
    • YipToe wrote:

30% to 40% less defence stats. Cannot use weapon skills.

This may not have the result you think it will. Instead of being able to kill you for it, they will have to kill you before you get it while others farm it themselves. It may just change the meta to showing up with 30 to 50 members at a time and half of them farm while the others keep watch or gank.

I agree with the remainder of your post, though being new, I do not know anything for myself.
    • 1- I don't know. I stopped playing around december and came back 3 weeks ago, I feel its pretty much the same but I like it a little bit better.
      2 - Honestly I get more t8 and t7.I was never lucky before but with the small nodes I'll always get something 7, 8 and I been getting lucky and getting some fat nodes whenever I go.
      3- Outland city.
      4- Map tier 7 and 8 highland biome i believe its called ( rock, sometimes mountain biome )
      5- just t8, nothing fancy and a bloodletter and mistcaller for mobility.
      6- Maybe maybe not having a good mount to carry it all to a royal city. I fill 2, 3 spectral boar and that like an hour of my day.
      7- idk
      Shikady - La Supremacia
    • Gathering sucks because the resources are still depleted. The spawn rate STILL does not match the demand required to live in the Blackzone as intended with the Queen Release and hideouts. Make FLAT resources abundant, and .1 .2 and .3 rare. T8 needs to spawn in more places so it's accessible for more than just the top guilds.
    • Before all, i'm new to this game (1 week of playing so i can not talk about before the patch or even 10 days ago, or the red/black zone gathering :P )

1) How do you like the current state of gathering?

It's ok in blue zones and tier 4 or under. After it's not rentable for me at least. (in the zone i go into.)
      Or maybe if i just take whatever i found near me. But then i won't have a speciality or it will take too much time to up all the nodes.

2) Since Queen, what is the main difference in your gathering experience?

Can't answer this. I don't know how it changed.

3) From where do you start your gathering? (From an Outpost, a royal city, an outland city...?)

I'm based in Thetford and go mostly in blue/yellow zones nearby.

4) Where do you gather? (What tier and what biome, deep in the outland center or on the royals)

[b] Mostly near Thetford. Dewleaf Fen and some times Windripple Fen.[/b]

5) What tier of Gathering Gear do you use? And why this tier?

tier 5 for crops (with gathering gear and pork pie) , tier 4 for all others. (without gathering gear)
      Why? Because its the max i can use for now.
      Why no gathering gear for the other? I specialize in crops, when i see some hide or rare tree i can take, i take them.
      But i'm wearing the crop gathering gear, and removing it to put another one and wait for the bonus to proc' isn't viable, so i just take them like it is.

6) What is your biggest gripe with the current situation?

Well i'm tier 5 in crops ( cotton, skyflower)
      I don't bother gathering skyflower. Mostly i found a bush of skyflower it's either 0/5 or 1/5.
      And it takes to much time with my sickle tier 5.
      I just go in tier 4 to gather hemp. In 1 hour i can make ~500k silver.

7) How did the resource change from Patch 5 impact your experience?

I don't know about before.
      But for now I guess the more you go in tier the lessed ressource you will have. But the biggest money you can make from 1 stock.

tier 3 : 9
      tier 4: 6
      tier 5: 5
      tier 4: 4
      etc...
      Well in blue/yellow zone its better to keep at tier 4 for max rentability/time invested.
      I could gather skyflower, but i would earn less for the same time i gather hemp. And when i tell less... it's much less.
      It's not even worth it for me.
    • Im a T7 ore miner and for the most part Ive had a good experience. Dont really go into the red zone to gather. Got to T5 based out of fort sterling and headed straight into the black zone. I can usually fill my bag with t5 ores 1 block away from the portal and come back. I can go to t7 zoned late at night when there arent that many people on. I have died several times but Ive acustomed to short runs so the loss isnt that much. A few days ago I joined a guild with alot of territory deep in the black zone and its been smooth sailing gathering in their zone. But as a player who has played solo for the most part, it isnt the worst.