Current state of Gathering

    • Retroman wrote:



      Safety
      You also had a lot of feedback regarding safety after Queen.
      With the last patch we already made an adjustment to the portal clusters, to improve the situation for portal ganking. In general we percieve the safety for players from cities and mid-core guilds has went down since Queen. We will likely make more adjustments in this regard. And are also interested in your feedback about these topics.

      Internally we have been discussing the following possible future improvements:
      • Add some form of Siege Camp chests in a few clusters close to city portals. So players can bank some gear in between (both gatherers and gankers could so be incentivized to play further away from portals)
      • Add a few clusters in the outer ring of the Outlands to have the city population spread out a bit further
      • Improve safety of some non-speed mounts
      But nothing is set in stone yet and we are also interested in your feedback about the safety topic.

      • Why don't u make the portals and all zones next to it blue zones at this point?
      • The map is already too big
      • what do u mean by improving the safety of non-speed mounts? and wouldn't this nerf ganking (which is already nerfed heavily with queen) as a whole and not just portal ganking
      Looks like u are catering to the carebears and ppl afraid of being ganked in a pvp game. Hate to see albion going in this direction and hopefully it doesn't mean that the black zones will become more casual in nature than it already is (Post queen if ur in an alliance u get access to hideouts, terries, blackzone cities)
    • Below are my opinions

      1) How do you like the current state of gathering?
      Horrible if you are not in a big alliance that have a lot of Hideout/territory's. The changed to big alliances really didnt help in my region outside Bridgewatch. One Alliances still dominates the area. I consider them an alliance because even though they are not officially tagged together they still bring in loads of numbers together making it impossible for anyone to even place an Hideout or gain a Territory. Personally I feel holding a territory was easier pre-queen for smaller alliances/guilds. Before your guild/alliances might be able to afford to send 15 sets to compete for territory in GVG. Now they get run over by these huge guilds/alliances that can afford to have 75-100 people wear high end gear.

      2) Since Queen, what is the main difference in your gathering experience? Black zone layout/portal ganking. I wont go over portal ganking since that should be eliminated on new update. Still wont help my experience because the black zone layout is horrible. Before I played in black zone Anglia the map was so much nicer. If I wanted to gather T7 stuff I would travel 2 zones away from the portal, 3 if you count the portal.If I wanted to gather T8 it was 3 zones or 4 if you count the portal. Now its 2 to 4 zones for T7 and 6 zones for T8. To travel to a T8 zone is horrible with not hideouts in between. One it takes to long even if you dont get ganked on the way there and back. You would waste 1 pie just to travel back because it take you 15mins just to travel. The T7 zones that are 2 away from portal only contain the same resources so if you wanted the other two resources you have to go to 4 zones away which again is just too far to travel. TLDR- Wjem traveling becomes half the time you spend gathering it becomes annoying. Travel 15mins to gather for 15mins on one pie.

      3) From where do you start your gathering? (From an Outpost, a royal city, an outland city...?) If I gather it be from royal city. No chance in putting down a hideout. We tried 2-3 times and each one got destroyed.

      4) Where do you gather? (What tier and what biome, deep in the outland center or on the royals) No just in royals but honestly I just do dungeons/hell gates. I use to gather 75% time pre queen, Now I gather 5% of time and get my resources from laborers.

      5) What tier of Gathering Gear do you use? And why this tier? Pre queen I use to wear T8 now I wear T6 because to take a chance to use T8 gear for T6 resources is not worth it. I would also never want to spend 15mins to travel to a zone to gather for 30min and than spend another 15mins traveling back.

      6) What is your biggest gripe with the current situation? The black zone map. It was better when you had the maps separated for black zones. Smaller guilds/alliances could compete in one section of the map that had very few T8 zones and less enchanted(Anglia) vs (Mercia) which the bigger guilds/alliances fought over. This map gives these big alliances/guilds to fight for the center and then come down and mess with the smaller guilds.

      7) How did the resource change from Patch 5 impact your experience? None they still went business as usually. They just dropped the alliance tag and just help each other with non aggressive packs.
    • Better late than never!



      1) How do you like the current state of gathering?

      Stopped gathering after 3-4 tests, too much risk for a little reward, not fun finding a few nodes and most with 1 tick (before the last patch)

      2) Since Queen, what is the main difference in your gathering experience?


      Way less resources and nodes, I think I fucked up by bringing my gathering skill to t8, what a waste!


      3) From where do you start your gathering? (From an Outpost, a royal city, an outland city...?)

      HO usually, t8 maps are too far away to go back and forward from the portals.

      4) Where do you gather? (What tier and what biome, deep in the outland center or on the royals)

      I dont gather anymore

      5) What tier of Gathering Gear do you use? And why this tier?

      T8, more convenient for the gankers than for me.

      6) What is your biggest gripe with the current situation?

      Few nodes, small nodes, way more gankers, too much running to bring back stuff.

      7) How did the resource change from Patch 5 impact your experience?

      I play the game way less than before.



    • Retroman wrote:

      Thank you all for your feedback.

      Here is our conclusion from this and related topics.


      Resource Distribution

      A big part of your feedback was about clusters not offering enough resources. Big Nodes vs Small Nodes is a bit more divisive. Also depending on playstyle and location. The way we see it, we want to push more big nodes again, as these are really rewarding and make attractive to conquer high tier zones. But we also want to enable players to go there and sneak some resources away and make T7+ gahtering a bit more inclusive. To achieve this we will rebalance the resource distribution to in general have way higher respawn rates. To have less downtime of overfarmed gathering clusters, without flooding the economy.

      So in the next patch we will make the following adjustments:
      We increased the amount of T6, T7 and T8 in the world by 20%.
      We reduced the amount of nodes for T7 and T8. This allowed us to increase the respawn rate for these nodes drastically. This means T7+ nodes are more sparse, but when you find one it is much more likely to have charges.
      Also the likeliness of a node being a big node has been increased significantly.
      Detailed Breakdown of the changes:
      • General Changes to Tier 7 and Tier 8 Nodes
        • overall amount of Tier 7 and 8 spawning in the world has been increased by 20%
        • small nodes now charge up again as they did before
        • ratio between big to small nodes had been changed in favor of big nodes
      • amount Tier 8 nodes in the world reduced by 75% but in turn increased respawn rate tremendously
        • big nodes (27 charges) have their respawn rate increased by about 200%
        • small nodes (2 charges) have their respawn rate increased by about 500%
      • amount of Tier 7 nodes in the world reduced by about 50% but in turn increased respawn rate tremendously
        • big nodes (23 charges) have their respawn rate increased by about 180%
        • small nodes (3 charges) have their respawn rate increased by about 290%
      • Increased the amount of T6 nodes in T8 clusters by 100%
      • Increased the amount of T6 nodes in T7 clusters by 33%
      • Chance for Tier 7 and 8 animals to drop a cub has been adjusted accordingly


      Safety
      You also had a lot of feedback regarding safety after Queen.
      With the last patch we already made an adjustment to the portal clusters, to improve the situation for portal ganking. In general we percieve the safety for players from cities and mid-core guilds has went down since Queen. We will likely make more adjustments in this regard. And are also interested in your feedback about these topics.

      Internally we have been discussing the following possible future improvements:
      • Add some form of Siege Camp chests in a few clusters close to city portals. So players can bank some gear in between (both gatherers and gankers could so be incentivized to play further away from portals)
      • Add a few clusters in the outer ring of the Outlands to have the city population spread out a bit further
      • Improve safety of some non-speed mounts
      But nothing is set in stone yet and we are also interested in your feedback about the safety topic.


      For now we hope the new resource distribution and portal adjustment will improve the state of gathering for many players.

      Cheers,

      Retro
      OK - a little bit better

      I hope you spread the respawn timer of all nodes around the clock (not again after server restart for most nodes)

      Safety

      A gatherer is always a victim - he can't fight - only try to escape.

      To escape - he need speed or more defend skills on his mount ( Maybe a "UNLOAD" Button :--)))

      Dear SBI

      I think with the Queen update and patches you want to create a better greater world, but you forgot one important thing : TIME

      It takes a lot of my playtime to travel into the important gather zones.
      It takes a lot of my playtime to transport all my ressources (Area - homeplot - royal city - and back)

      And by the way - a lot of time to fight with my guild/alliance for terris and hideouts.

      As a casual player and gatherer i'm happy to find more ressources, but at the end of the day - i'm runing around the worldmap for nothing :--((

      Maybe it changes a lot for hardcore players - not for me
    • I must admit you guys are great at changing something without changing anything (it takes skill), there are already a few nodes and here you go:

      small nodes now charge up again as they did before (again 1 tick shit around)

      We increased the amount of T6, T7 and T8 in the world by 20%.

      WOW ACTUALLY GOOD CHANGE!


      wait for it...


      • amount Tier 8 nodes in the world reduced by 75%
      • amount of Tier 7 nodes in the world reduced by about 50%



      AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
      now you reduce the nodes by 75% while increasing it by 20% so lets say there are 100 nodes in a map (I wish this was the case, but its just an example), now there will be 25 but with the 20% increase 30 nodes total, so 100 before and 30 now, GOOD FUCKING JOB!

      I am not going back to gathering to get trolled by you guys, good luck to the ones who will now go around and run more to find a single node THAN BEFORE, oh but at least it will spawn in less hours than before and again have 1 tick for the small ones ahahahah.

      What a JOKE!

      The post was edited 1 time, last by ArthurV ().

    • ArthurV wrote:

      AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

      now you reduce the nodes by 75% while increasing it by 20% so lets say there are 100 nodes in a map (I wish this was the case, but its just an example), now there will we 25 but with the 20% increase 30 nodes total, so 100 before and 30 now, GOOD FUCKING JOB!
      I think there is a misunderstanding here.
      So let's take your example of a hundred nodes:

      For example, 100 nodes and after being gathered it will take about 3 days for a node to refill. That means you get about 33 nodes a day.

      Only 25 nodes left. After being gathered it will not take 3 days but 0.25 * 3 day (72 hours) = 0.75 days (18 hours) to refill. But that is still about 33 nodes a day.
      Now we decreased the average time to refill even more to 15 hours. That makes it about 40 nodes a day. That is 20% more.

      So the important thing is the relation of the number of nodes to its time to refill.
    • Thorn-Delwyn wrote:

      ArthurV wrote:

      AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

      now you reduce the nodes by 75% while increasing it by 20% so lets say there are 100 nodes in a map (I wish this was the case, but its just an example), now there will we 25 but with the 20% increase 30 nodes total, so 100 before and 30 now, GOOD FUCKING JOB!
      I think there is a misunderstanding here.So let's take your example of a hundred nodes:

      For example, 100 nodes and after being gathered it will take about 3 days for a node to refill. That means you get about 33 nodes a day.

      Only 25 nodes left. After being gathered it will not take 3 days but 0.25 * 3 day (72 hours) = 0.75 days (18 hours) to refill. But that is still about 33 nodes a day.
      Now we decreased the average time to refill even more to 15 hours. That makes it about 40 nodes a day. That is 20% more.

      So the important thing is the relation of the number of nodes to its time to refill.
      Wait wait wait, so if there are 100 nodes in a map and it takes 3 days to respawn, you get 33 nodes a day?



      Interesting way of looking at things, lets use the same logic with the timers after the update, if now I have 25 nodes but it takes 15 hours to respawn it means I get around 8 nodes each 5 hours, lets say out of those 8 nodes 5-6 are small nodes with 1 tick (if you are lucky enough to find 2 big full nodes). Before, getting 33 a day meant 6,6 every 5 hours, now it is 8, if small it means 1-2 more 1 tick nodes, hurray!

      The average gathering session probably lasts 1-2 hours (lets say we have the 5 hour span of respawn, to be generous), so the hustle to get to the zone, explore ALL OF IT because there are less nodes and then gather less than 8 nodes (again the issue is the small nodes). Lets say we are lucky and find 2 big ones for a total of 58-60 ticks after scouting a whole T8 map.



      Do you really think this is a good system compared to the past? do you think this is worth a t8 gathering set, mount, pie, potions, weapon for escape, faction cape?


      Gathering 1-2 hours I would sometimes get 4-5 big T8 nodes and a huge amount of T7. The respawn time was acceptable and you would actually enjoy finding nodes (not cursing at a 8.3 1 tick node).

      You guys are just changing things to change nothing from the actual system, probably wishing people see this as an improvement and go back to gather, cannot wait to see how this works out.



      Since you answered me I will personally go gather after the patch and test it myself (maybe I am wrong and 5 of those 8 nodes will be big nodes? DOUBT).
    • 1) How do you like the current state of gathering?

      I used to gather a lot,, since queen i have gived up.

      2) Since Queen, what is the main difference in your gathering experience?

      There were more spots like T6, T5 all together and was nice to gather, now is all spread and so few of them. T7 and T8 was hard to find any sposts with tics but when u finded it was full.

      t7 and t8 was monopolized by people that logged in on server reset. Who work or have a life was in a HUGE disavantage.

      3) From where do you start your gathering? (From an Outpost, a royal city, an outland city...?)

      From a high tier map or a map that i know people dont gank that much if i dont wanna risk too much.

      4) Where do you gather? (What tier and what biome, deep in the outland center or on the royals)

      Queen exausted me, need to do a lot of horse simulator to go anywhere, i just gave up, but when i go, i need to go a little deep because a go to take high tier gather.

      5) What tier of Gathering Gear do you use? And why this tier?

      t8, to take t8 resources and of course faster gathering.

      6) What is your biggest gripe with the current situation?

      Dont have anything to gather, when i try to take something its just empty, so why in Jesus name i would risk my self with gucci gather gear to have anything and just die. Every minute in balck zone is a risk, so the risk x benefit is not worth.

      And one more thing, we dont have anywhere to put our stuff.... we need to horse simulator a lot to put our stuff "safe". And we cant put our stuff in territory, so terrys are useless to gatheres.

      7) How did the resource change from Patch 5 impact your experience?

      Its worse, i have been playing less and less until you guys believe in players and do something to make people have a good time. One more tip for the devs, from 10 gatheres i know, 9 of them just gave up gathering and are playing less. Think about it.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Urokai ().

    • Neef wrote:

      I'm not sure if I like the gathering changes or not, But I do fully agree, Taking away the ability to store resources in terri chest has hurt gathering the most, We don't really need warcamps added ingame if we could store resources in terri towers again, Best option would be add a few more siege camps for small guilds who can't gain access to terri towers and also change terri tower chests to allow resources to be stored there again, This would fix the problem for small and med guilds who don't have much luck with hideouts.
      not everyone who gathers has a consistent Terri -_- especially not in Martlock or Thetford
    • Sgtbloodelf wrote:

      Neef wrote:

      I'm not sure if I like the gathering changes or not, But I do fully agree, Taking away the ability to store resources in terri chest has hurt gathering the most, We don't really need warcamps added ingame if we could store resources in terri towers again, Best option would be add a few more siege camps for small guilds who can't gain access to terri towers and also change terri tower chests to allow resources to be stored there again, This would fix the problem for small and med guilds who don't have much luck with hideouts.
      not everyone who gathers has a consistent Terri -_- especially not in Martlock or Thetford
      well thats why i said adding siege camps and allowing terris to store resources again would be the best option.
    • Neef wrote:

      Sgtbloodelf wrote:

      Neef wrote:

      I'm not sure if I like the gathering changes or not, But I do fully agree, Taking away the ability to store resources in terri chest has hurt gathering the most, We don't really need warcamps added ingame if we could store resources in terri towers again, Best option would be add a few more siege camps for small guilds who can't gain access to terri towers and also change terri tower chests to allow resources to be stored there again, This would fix the problem for small and med guilds who don't have much luck with hideouts.
      not everyone who gathers has a consistent Terri -_- especially not in Martlock or Thetford
      well thats why i said adding siege camps and allowing terris to store resources again would be the best option.
      if we add to many then it becomes just a camp grounds of transporting xx <_< I think the bz needs them in every t7 tbh
    • Retroman wrote:

      Safety
      • Add some form of Siege Camp chests in a few clusters close to city portals. So players can bank some gear in between (both gatherers and gankers could so be incentivized to play further away from portals)
      • Add a few clusters in the outer ring of the Outlands to have the city population spread out a bit further
      • Improve safety of some non-speed mounts

      Did I ever say "I love you guys"? :thumbsup:
    • Retroman wrote:

      Thank you all for your feedback.

      Here is our conclusion from this and related topics.


      Resource Distribution
      A big part of your feedback was about clusters not offering enough resources. Big Nodes vs Small Nodes is a bit more divisive. Also depending on playstyle and location. The way we see it, we want to push more big nodes again, as these are really rewarding and make attractive to conquer high tier zones. But we also want to enable players to go there and sneak some resources away and make T7+ gahtering a bit more inclusive. To achieve this we will rebalance the resource distribution to in general have way higher respawn rates. To have less downtime of overfarmed gathering clusters, without flooding the economy.

      So in the next patch we will make the following adjustments:
      We increased the amount of T6, T7 and T8 in the world by 20%.
      We reduced the amount of nodes for T7 and T8. This allowed us to increase the respawn rate for these nodes drastically. This means T7+ nodes are more sparse, but when you find one it is much more likely to have charges.
      Also the likeliness of a node being a big node has been increased significantly.
      Detailed Breakdown of the changes:
      • General Changes to Tier 7 and Tier 8 Nodes
        • overall amount of Tier 7 and 8 spawning in the world has been increased by 20%
        • small nodes now charge up again as they did before
        • ratio between big to small nodes had been changed in favor of big nodes
      • amount Tier 8 nodes in the world reduced by 75% but in turn increased respawn rate tremendously
        • big nodes (27 charges) have their respawn rate increased by about 200%
        • small nodes (2 charges) have their respawn rate increased by about 500%
      • amount of Tier 7 nodes in the world reduced by about 50% but in turn increased respawn rate tremendously
        • big nodes (23 charges) have their respawn rate increased by about 180%
        • small nodes (3 charges) have their respawn rate increased by about 290%
      • Increased the amount of T6 nodes in T8 clusters by 100%
      • Increased the amount of T6 nodes in T7 clusters by 33%
      • Chance for Tier 7 and 8 animals to drop a cub has been adjusted accordingly


      Safety
      You also had a lot of feedback regarding safety after Queen.
      With the last patch we already made an adjustment to the portal clusters, to improve the situation for portal ganking. In general we percieve the safety for players from cities and mid-core guilds has went down since Queen. We will likely make more adjustments in this regard. And are also interested in your feedback about these topics.

      Internally we have been discussing the following possible future improvements:
      • Add some form of Siege Camp chests in a few clusters close to city portals. So players can bank some gear in between (both gatherers and gankers could so be incentivized to play further away from portals)
      • Add a few clusters in the outer ring of the Outlands to have the city population spread out a bit further
      • Improve safety of some non-speed mounts
      But nothing is set in stone yet and we are also interested in your feedback about the safety topic.


      For now we hope the new resource distribution and portal adjustment will improve the state of gathering for many players.

      Cheers,

      Retro
      This is definitely a step in the right direction regarding gathering. clap
    • So in the next patch we will make the following adjustments:
      We increased the amount of T6, T7 and T8 in the world by 20%.
      We reduced the amount of nodes for T7 and T8. This allowed us to increase the respawn rate for these nodes drastically. This means T7+ nodes are more sparse, but when you find one it is much more likely to have charges.
      Also the likeliness of a node being a big node has been increased significantly.
      Detailed Breakdown of the changes:
      • General Changes to Tier 7 and Tier 8 Nodes
        • overall amount of Tier 7 and 8 spawning in the world has been increased by 20%
        • small nodes now charge up again as they did before
        • ratio between big to small nodes had been changed in favor of big nodes
      • amount Tier 8 nodes in the world reduced by 75% but in turn increased respawn rate tremendously
        • big nodes (27 charges) have their respawn rate increased by about 200%
        • small nodes (2 charges) have their respawn rate increased by about 500%
      • amount of Tier 7 nodes in the world reduced by about 50% but in turn increased respawn rate tremendously
        • big nodes (23 charges) have their respawn rate increased by about 180%
        • small nodes (3 charges) have their respawn rate increased by about 290%
      • Increased the amount of T6 nodes in T8 clusters by 100%
      • Increased the amount of T6 nodes in T7 clusters by 33%
      • Chance for Tier 7 and 8 animals to drop a cub has been adjusted accordingly
      this isn’t any better, reducing them by 75% will still kill it off. Make it 50% and like 60% otherwise don’t bother, making less with more is the same as the current system just now mobs spawn more, but if one person is sitting there now you can’t get shit.
    • Retroman wrote:

      Thank you all for your feedback.

      Here is our conclusion from this and related topics.


      Resource Distribution

      A big part of your feedback was about clusters not offering enough resources. Big Nodes vs Small Nodes is a bit more divisive. Also depending on playstyle and location. The way we see it, we want to push more big nodes again, as these are really rewarding and make attractive to conquer high tier zones. But we also want to enable players to go there and sneak some resources away and make T7+ gahtering a bit more inclusive. To achieve this we will rebalance the resource distribution to in general have way higher respawn rates. To have less downtime of overfarmed gathering clusters, without flooding the economy.

      So in the next patch we will make the following adjustments:
      We increased the amount of T6, T7 and T8 in the world by 20%.
      We reduced the amount of nodes for T7 and T8. This allowed us to increase the respawn rate for these nodes drastically. This means T7+ nodes are more sparse, but when you find one it is much more likely to have charges.
      Also the likeliness of a node being a big node has been increased significantly.
      Detailed Breakdown of the changes:
      • General Changes to Tier 7 and Tier 8 Nodes
        • overall amount of Tier 7 and 8 spawning in the world has been increased by 20%
        • small nodes now charge up again as they did before
        • ratio between big to small nodes had been changed in favor of big nodes
      • amount Tier 8 nodes in the world reduced by 75% but in turn increased respawn rate tremendously
        • big nodes (27 charges) have their respawn rate increased by about 200%
        • small nodes (2 charges) have their respawn rate increased by about 500%
      • amount of Tier 7 nodes in the world reduced by about 50% but in turn increased respawn rate tremendously
        • big nodes (23 charges) have their respawn rate increased by about 180%
        • small nodes (3 charges) have their respawn rate increased by about 290%
      • Increased the amount of T6 nodes in T8 clusters by 100%
      • Increased the amount of T6 nodes in T7 clusters by 33%
      • Chance for Tier 7 and 8 animals to drop a cub has been adjusted accordingly


      Safety
      You also had a lot of feedback regarding safety after Queen.
      With the last patch we already made an adjustment to the portal clusters, to improve the situation for portal ganking. In general we percieve the safety for players from cities and mid-core guilds has went down since Queen. We will likely make more adjustments in this regard. And are also interested in your feedback about these topics.

      Internally we have been discussing the following possible future improvements:
      • Add some form of Siege Camp chests in a few clusters close to city portals. So players can bank some gear in between (both gatherers and gankers could so be incentivized to play further away from portals)
      • Add a few clusters in the outer ring of the Outlands to have the city population spread out a bit further
      • Improve safety of some non-speed mounts
      But nothing is set in stone yet and we are also interested in your feedback about the safety topic.


      For now we hope the new resource distribution and portal adjustment will improve the state of gathering for many players.

      Cheers,

      Retro
      not happy with the change :(
      It was already frustrating as a Skinner to spend 10 seconds dismounted killing a mammoth to get 2 ticks of hides. Now I have to go back to only getting 1 tick while still spending 10 seconds trying to kill the mammoth.

      I don't know if anyone else mentioned this but any gatherer in a T8 zone is looking for T8 and T7 resources, there is absolutely no benefit to us by increasing T6 nodes by 100%.

      Please atleast revert the node change so atleast we are guaranteed 2 ticks....atleast for hides....