Current state of Gathering

• 1) How do you like the current state of gathering?

a bit worse, i wrote it before, why change a system when nobody complains. the turbo on gathering chest last for four t8 ticks. now we have 2 ticks?
      i still gather, but i miss Hohe and the fights and chases.

2) Since Queen, what is the main difference in your gathering experience?

Before queen:
      Red lock in HoHe and Well of the world. So T8 stone, ore.
      Now and then T6 in home plot zones.
      Gathering on swiftclaw with Warcamp. 2-3 fights or chases daily.
      Transport t8 ox

i used to gather sometimes in the red t5 zones Gutras Hill. now there are oxes so its all farmend.

After Queen:
      Whitelock t8 t7 now mostly T6 and what you find by chance at the edge.
      In fact 1 fight vs gatherer in 5 weeks and 3 death. Gathering on boar
      I refine near rests and transport on Grizzly. still need to do 23 transport

3) From where do you start your gathering? (From an Outpost, a royal city, an outland city...?)

First weeks from Hideout (Agresor) . Now from rest (Sologuild). Its even for me in silver, because so many allicance gatherer start from main hideout.

4) Where do you gather?

BZ White lock only deep BZ. Mostly in Ex Armor terrys

5) What tier of Gathering Gear do you use? And why this tier?

T8 gear Stone or ore, and sometime i use tool wood and sickle without gathering gear.
      Mostly i only use 1 set for instance stone with avalon tool and only take 1 ressource.

6) What is your biggest gripe with the current situation?

I quit for now t7 t8 Zones because they are empty. i cant see all the empty nodes that makes me mad, so i gather t6. Silver is good 1900 for 6.1
      Bad things: Long transports. Not enough contacts while gathering. Not a day when you find 4 big t8 like before queen and this was not after restart.

7) How did the resource change from Patch 5 impact your experience?

its good to see some nodes you can gather on a t8 round.
    • Preface:
      Over 40 million gathering fame.
      I was a hardcore gatherer of all the shinies, spending the last two years getting my skills to T8: 61, 72, 69, 63, 83.

Now I just play with my laborers and zvz.

1) How do you like the current state of gathering?
      I hate it so much that I didn't even complete last month's monthly. I used to worry about how I was going to get my resources back to town. Now I just worry about finding something. I don't log in as much now.

I don't wear gathering gear anymore, as it's pretty pointless when stacks are so tiny and charges take 5 minutes to load up. Likewise I would rather fight for my tools than bend over and just take it wearing gathering gear, since 1 T8 poison will melt your soul (regardless of mount).

3) From where do you start your gathering? (From an Outpost, a royal city, an outland city...?)
      Center of the BZ circle and I roam all around.

4) Where do you gather? (What tier and what biome, deep in the outland center or on the royals)
      T8, all biomes.

NONE. I used to carry MULTIPLE sets of T8 on me so that I could swap when coming across a nice shiny node. Risk versus reward. Now I only bring tools, as the probability of coming across a full node is so low that I don't even bother. Just look at the market; it's broken when folks are selling gear and tools at below cost.

After a month, I still don't even have a full stack of ANY resource. PreQueen, given my skill levels, I used to pull in a stack within 15 minutes. Talk about radical change.
      Gathering gear is useless when you only get 1 or 3 ticks on a node. The rarity of a full node doesn't make wearing gathering gear worth the risk. I am a high tier gatherer and I find nothing worth my time.

IF I am lucky enough to find nodes, then my inventory does start to fill up but probably 4x slower than before. Gathering gear is still useless when your talking 3 ticks. I roam around sometimes but it is still not worth my time usually.
      T8 All Gatherer - T8 All Refiner - T8 Rare Animal Breeder

Newbie questions are welcome! <3 <3

Referral Link: Play for free today!
    • Anisa wrote:

Buldozer wrote:

Yeah anisa but u waste 100 more time to transport. , u get 1 % of what u get before . U dont get gank because u are with the 2309p485093408593094530-4658345976098435760983457609845705693573498673285897-847657589458697435760-932457809-43850-94386-0439583-094850-934568=4398646059 alliance of BA with 90 % of the actif people in that sector ( i think the number is right , maybe more )

Soo sorry anisa , but cant compare your situation with the rest of the server .

Solo gatherer , lonewolf gatherer , small guild , small alliance , NORMAL PEOPLE ( not SQUAD , ARMORS or what ever the name now ) all other ,
      So if I was to leave BA would my opinion matter more? Because my opinion will not change no matter my circumstance.
      The point is not the MATTER , is your situation . When i was in MG , i had the same opinion i got right now . Was EASY FARM for me , but for casual was harder . Now for casual is a suicide mission , unless u are in a 3 million actif player 24/24 plaiying
    • Sinatra.SUN wrote:

@FirstTimeKarma i bring all 3 tools that the zone has.

@Satyrns Can you name a zone where that should be true?, i have been doing quite a lot of tests the last week and your results are at least 7 times worse than my worst result so if there is a zone you feel is that bad id like to try it.
      Go where u dont have a hideout , tell me how many silver u lost each hours . Like i said to ANISA , if u are casual , not in a monster alliance , u do zero . Everthing will be depleted if u are in a small alliance because u gonna have like 50 gatherer for 10 map ( exemple here )

I don't like.

I stoped gathering, beacuse the risk is to high.

3) From where do you start your gathering? (From an Outpost, a royal city, an outland city...?

Royal city.

4) Where do you gather? (What tier and what biome, deep in the outland center or on the royals)

Before queen i was gathering t5-t7 hide on black zones. Now i gather only on yellow zones.

T7 hide, T6 crop and ore, T5 fish, rocks and Wood - beacuse that's my highest tiers.

Too many portal gankers, the risk is to high.

I don't gather anymore, so it doesn't matter.
      Better if you play prime time, worst if you play in the not so crowded hours, transporting HO to town is boring.
      Its better, because i can get some t8 nodes in the evening prime time. Before this was nearly impossible.
      From Hideout
      some T7 and mainly T8 black zones
      T8 gear because i focus on t8 resource
      Its difficult to make Avalonian tool to pay off. The need to transport resourses to different city for refining is boring and time consuming thing without any skill involved. It was more interesting to transport them to black zone around Carleon.
      Its defenetly better now only problem is mammouths are really hard to find.

The post was edited 1 time, last by BBBoca ().

• Thank you all for your feedback.

Here is our conclusion from this and related topics.

Resource Distribution

A big part of your feedback was about clusters not offering enough resources. Big Nodes vs Small Nodes is a bit more divisive. Also depending on playstyle and location. The way we see it, we want to push more big nodes again, as these are really rewarding and make attractive to conquer high tier zones. But we also want to enable players to go there and sneak some resources away and make T7+ gahtering a bit more inclusive. To achieve this we will rebalance the resource distribution to in general have way higher respawn rates. To have less downtime of overfarmed gathering clusters, without flooding the economy.

So in the next patch we will make the following adjustments:
      We increased the amount of T6, T7 and T8 in the world by 20%.
      We reduced the amount of nodes for T7 and T8. This allowed us to increase the respawn rate for these nodes drastically. This means T7+ nodes are more sparse, but when you find one it is much more likely to have charges.
      Also the likeliness of a node being a big node has been increased significantly.
      Detailed Breakdown of the changes:
      • General Changes to Tier 7 and Tier 8 Nodes
        • overall amount of Tier 7 and 8 spawning in the world has been increased by 20%
        • small nodes now charge up again as they did before
        • ratio between big to small nodes had been changed in favor of big nodes
      • amount Tier 8 nodes in the world reduced by 75% but in turn increased respawn rate tremendously
        • big nodes (27 charges) have their respawn rate increased by about 200%
        • small nodes (2 charges) have their respawn rate increased by about 500%
      • amount of Tier 7 nodes in the world reduced by about 50% but in turn increased respawn rate tremendously
        • big nodes (23 charges) have their respawn rate increased by about 180%
        • small nodes (3 charges) have their respawn rate increased by about 290%
      • Increased the amount of T6 nodes in T8 clusters by 100%
      • Increased the amount of T6 nodes in T7 clusters by 33%
      • Chance for Tier 7 and 8 animals to drop a cub has been adjusted accordingly

Safety
      You also had a lot of feedback regarding safety after Queen.
      With the last patch we already made an adjustment to the portal clusters, to improve the situation for portal ganking. In general we percieve the safety for players from cities and mid-core guilds has went down since Queen. We will likely make more adjustments in this regard. And are also interested in your feedback about these topics.

Internally we have been discussing the following possible future improvements:
      • Add some form of Siege Camp chests in a few clusters close to city portals. So players can bank some gear in between (both gatherers and gankers could so be incentivized to play further away from portals)
      • Add a few clusters in the outer ring of the Outlands to have the city population spread out a bit further
      • Improve safety of some non-speed mounts
      But nothing is set in stone yet and we are also interested in your feedback about the safety topic.

For now we hope the new resource distribution and portal adjustment will improve the state of gathering for many players.

Cheers,

Retro
    • i like the changes seige camps will help, but in general more players need hideout access, until the public hideouts are fixed seige campa are a bandage.

when a hideout is made public or custom tge ability to block a player access is more important than allowing access the no access permission should be the highest permission value under owner / co owner
    • Retroman wrote:

Thank you all for your feedback.

Detailed Breakdown of the changes:
      • General Changes to Tier 7 and Tier 8 Nodes
        • overall amount of Tier 7 and 8 spawning in the world has been increased by 20%
        • small nodes now charge up again as they did before
        • ratio between big to small nodes had been changed in favor of big nodes
      • amount Tier 8 nodes in the world reduced by 75% but in turn increased respawn rate tremendously
        • big nodes (27 charges) have their respawn rate increased by about 200%
        • small nodes (2 charges) have their respawn rate increased by about 500%
      • amount of Tier 7 nodes in the world reduced by about 50% but in turn increased respawn rate tremendously
        • big nodes (23 charges) have their respawn rate increased by about 180%
        • small nodes (3 charges) have their respawn rate increased by about 290%
      • Increased the amount of T6 nodes in T8 clusters by 100%
      • Increased the amount of T6 nodes in T7 clusters by 33%
      • Chance for Tier 7 and 8 animals to drop a cub has been adjusted accordingly

Cheers,

Retro
      That's a good... start :)
      LootLogger, RegearBOT, other discord bots -> https://discord.gg/JwQHmYh
    • I am optimistic about the chests, but the rest is pretty meh.

In my opinion, removing the chests from the towers was the biggest hammer to gathering. I know the developers stated they didn’t want the towers serving as home bases, but they were crucial for gatherers.

Before queen, if your gvg team took a tower the gatherers poured into the zone. Now every zone is a homeplot. Put a warcamp chest in every zone, that will spread everyone out.
      T8 Quarrier | T8 Miner | T8 Lumberjack | T8 Fisherman | T8 Skinner | T8 Cropper

The post was edited 2 times, last by Constructor ().

• I'm not sure if I like the gathering changes or not, But I do fully agree, Taking away the ability to store resources in terri chest has hurt gathering the most, We don't really need warcamps added ingame if we could store resources in terri towers again, Best option would be add a few more siege camps for small guilds who can't gain access to terri towers and also change terri tower chests to allow resources to be stored there again, This would fix the problem for small and med guilds who don't have much luck with hideouts.
    • Retroman wrote:

small nodes now charge up again as they did before
      I'm looking forward to you're proposed changes except for this one thing. We don't need want to go back to 1 tick gathering at a time.

Retroman wrote:

Add some form of Siege Camp chests in a few clusters close to city portals
      Additional warcamps anywhere are a plus, but specifically in t8 zones is what will allow more players access to these zones.