Current state of Gathering

• 1) How do you like the current state of gathering?
      Personally i find it fine. I can gather mostly what i set out to gather except T8 resources. I still enjoy the gathering and don't see myself enjoying it less in the coming future.

2) Since Queen, what is the main difference in your gathering experience?
      Significantly less access to T8 nodes as i am a solo gatherer without a guild. The T8 zones are simply to overcrowded or to far away from a siege camp or portal to make them efficient for me to gather. There are some T8 zones close to outland cities but as i said they seem overcrowded and not worth my time looking for resources in for the most part at the moment.

3) From where do you start your gathering? (From an Outpost, a royal city, an outland city...?)
      Since i am a solo gatherer without a guild i base myself out of siege camps, which functions as my home in BZ and do transport runs whenever the siege camp reaches close to the full capacity, which probably is my riskiest activity as there generally are some people camping portals.

4) Where do you gather? (What tier and what biome, deep in the outland center or on the royals)
      I mainly gather hides with a bit of ore and cloth on the side. My main biomes are therefore Steppe ones. I mainly gather 4 Steppe zones which consist of 3 T7 ones and one T6, I also occasionally gather T5 if the other zones are completely empty.

5) What tier of Gathering Gear do you use? And why this tier?
      I almost always run in tier 8 hide gathering gear with a T8 avalonian skinning knife, T7 pickaxe and currently T5 Sickle. I only change to other gathering sets corresponding to the highest tier i have unlocked if i want to only gather that resource or if in the case of ore i see a big node.

6) What is your biggest gripe with the current situation?
      The lack of access to T8 nodes as a solo player, which is somewhat understandable, but before Queen there was definitely easier access to these resources. Gathering at zones deep in the outland is not worth it at all either for me due to the long transports i would have to do combined with running into gankers and maybe not even finding and resources.

7) How did the resource change from Patch 5 impact your experience?
      After patch 5, I find i am more efficient in spending time gathering specifically T7 nodes as they now always spawn full, but in comparison to before i gather less T7 nodes. To clarify i gather the nodes that are up faster, but they also run out quicker. I also haven't found as many big nodes as I did before patch 5 was implemented. Overall I do not dislike that the T7 nodes spawn full, since it makes me more efficient on the map, which means I can go gather other maps quicker.

For reference emptying a T7 zone usually does not take me more than 30-60 minutes. If there are few nodes up, even less.

If my timezone is relevant, I am -1 hour of the ingame timer and if I can i gather mornings.
    • Sinatra.SUN wrote:

will do one now, but i do believe gathering should be about how much money you make from gathering, and not only how much money you get from gathering t8.
      but ill do a t8 test now.
      I think it's really cool you're willing to go out and give it a shot no matter how much of a gatherer you are or are not - or your stance on the matter.
      I wish more people would do this. Gather your one t7 pie worth, and tell us about your experience! No matter if it was positive or negative. Discussion from all angles is important!

I also see where you're coming from, but you gotta remember - tier 6 and under weren't changed. Only T7 and T8 were changed!

EDIT: I saw Frank's edit on one of his posts in this thread documenting his gatherings:

In fact i will do a 30 minute test now to see 30 minutes of income as i simply think people are totally off here.
      edit 30 minutes gathering under shitty conditions (swiftclaw, lumber gear in a fiber zone, no avalonian, majority nodes 1 hit)

33 6.1 fiber, 202 6.0 fiber 29 5.1 fiber ,154 t5 fiber ,38 t4 ,3 6.1 hide ,28 t5 hide,9 t4 hide , 20 6.1 w ,94 6.0 woo ,16 5.1 woo,151 5.0 ,13 4.1 ,95 4.0w, 5000 silver and 4500 stonemask

I am super confused as to why you are gathering.. tier 6 and below? Is there something i'm missing? What changed for Tier 6 and below between pre queen and post queen?
      I'm pretty sure this entire thread is about the changes to tier 7 and tier 8 made between pre queen and post queen. Please correct me if i'm wrong!
      Edit: I was wrong lul

I have gone through Queen and post Queen patch notes and isolated all changes regarding gathering to provide some context as to what changes were made:
      Images
      • queengatheringchanges1.png

108.39 kB, 1,464×1,105, viewed 69 times

The post was edited 6 times, last by DangerouslySarah ().

• i did 2 rounds of 30 minutes t8 gathering

the t8 zone next to Arthurs rest.
      try 1: 680.000 silver worth
      try2 1.350.000 silver worth (incredibly close to getting ganked).

I prefer gathering t6 and t7 and not t8 due to the fact that they new layout is better for gankers. Now there is just one zone to gather in, so if there is a organised ganking party you cant just go somewhere else and effectively that ganking group has 5 times less area to cover to catch gatherers.

T8 gathering is a lottery and t6/7 gathering is consistent. It totally depends on your mood and then finding that one big node. The only difference in the above 2 scenarios is that i found no 23 tick node in try one, only the 3 hit ones. Basically one big node is half a million, and then you can get an enchanted one and its golden.

But i dont like t8 gathering anymore as i feel that having to be in one zone only, simpyl favours an organised ganking group to much.

/F
    • Sinatra.SUN wrote:

Eternalhaze wrote:

Thanks for doing the test Frank.

I do wish you had done a t8 zone though, as that's where the issue really rears it's head in my opinion.
      literally the post above yours i showed results for 2 times 30 minutes t8 zone gathering :)
      Oh, I must have misread. When you said no 23 tick node, I assumed you were talking about t7.

How much t8 did you walk out with? I see you did silver value, but what nodes did you find and what was the total amount of t8 gathered?
      I like the gathering just the way it is, though there’s so much risk at portal/zone entrance that I do not go out to gather much anymore

I’ve only started playing a few weeks ago, so I can’t compare.

3) From where do you start your gathering? (From an Outpost, a royal city, an outland city...?)
      I start my gathering from a Royal City.

4) Where do you gather? (What tier and what biome, deep in the outland center or on the royals)
      I gather Fiber. Tier 5 & 6 in Yellow and Black zones. I go deep into Outland

I use Harvester T4.1 gear. I wear it for the mild buff to gathering and it’s defensive/escape abilities.

Limited zone entrance/exits make ganking easy. Not sure why everyone in the game simply doesn’t camp these to get rich . . . Instead of these narrow “doorways” into and out of a tile, the entire boundary between tiles needs to be a “doorway” aside from some natural barriers to create some chokes. Make gankers hunt, not camp for easy loot.

7) How did the resource change from Patch 5 impact your experience? If I was playing then I’m not sure, I don’t know any differences.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Hickle ().

I don't.

Largely negative.

Merlyn's Rest, Lymhurst, Caerleon, or Hideout (Greenshore Bay/Wetgrave Bog.)

Where DO I gather? I don't know if I can really call myself a gatherer anymore because the rewards don't justify the risk in the Outlands. I've retreated to gathering outside of Caerleon due to the relative safety and rates of enchantment, and when it comes to crafting I've resorted to transmuting pre-Queen stockpiles either to enchant or elevate tier.

T8 so I can gather as much t8 as I can and not get one-shot by mobs.

My biggest gripe with the current situation is that the introduction of hideouts has effectively made every zone in the game a portal zone where hostiles are free to kill you and deposit. Rinse and repeat. The farther the gatherer goes from their point of origin the higher the risk of loss, yet there is little to no risk in preying on nearby gatherers because there is no travel. Small guild gatherers have been hit particularly hard at least in part because there are few windows of opportunity to gather in a minimally hostile environment while also making themselves available for CTAs... and sleep.

7) How did the resource change from Patch 5 impact your experience?
      t8 no change b/c no nodes. t7 felt like I did manage to come back with more.

Thank you for asking! Best of luck!
    • Sinatra.SUN wrote:

Im a somewhat casual gatherer myself with around 10 mil gathering fame and all t8 tools unlocked, and it fits my playstyle totally fine and i susspect that the ones hurting are mainly full time gatherers
      Everyone who knows me, knows I am primarily a gatherer with 90 million gathering fame. I loved the changes queen has brought and I've been gathering in Albion since 2015. I think it is really good for the game that the t7/t8 materials are now getting spread over more people instead of the few controlling them. It has to be good for the long term health of the game.
    • Anisa wrote:

Sinatra.SUN wrote:

Im a somewhat casual gatherer myself with around 10 mil gathering fame and all t8 tools unlocked, and it fits my playstyle totally fine and i susspect that the ones hurting are mainly full time gatherers
      Everyone who knows me, knows I am primarily a gatherer with 90 million gathering fame. I loved the changes queen has brought and I've been gathering in Albion since 2015. I think it is really good for the game that the t7/t8 materials are now getting spread over more people instead of the few controlling them. It has to be good for the long term health of the game.
      When is the last time you were ganked while gathering, and what were the conditions??
    • Theat wrote:

Anisa wrote:

Sinatra.SUN wrote:

When is the last time you were ganked while gathering, and what were the conditions??
      I gather while i'm doing other things like feeding guild territories but I am solo in the black zone about 6 hours a day. The last time I got killed was 3 invis gankers in a tunnel 2 weeks ago and the time before that was like 20 arch in an arch zone that I was traveling through 3 weeks ago and before that was like way back before halloween last year.
    • Yeah anisa but u waste 100 more time to transport. , u get 1 % of what u get before . U dont get gank because u are with the 2309p485093408593094530-4658345976098435760983457609845705693573498673285897-847657589458697435760-932457809-43850-94386-0439583-094850-934568=4398646059 alliance of BA with 90 % of the actif people in that sector ( i think the number is right , maybe more )

Soo sorry anisa , but cant compare your situation with the rest of the server .

Solo gatherer , lonewolf gatherer , small guild , small alliance , NORMAL PEOPLE ( not SQUAD , ARMORS or what ever the name now ) all other ,
    • Buldozer wrote:

Yeah anisa but u waste 100 more time to transport. , u get 1 % of what u get before . U dont get gank because u are with the 2309p485093408593094530-4658345976098435760983457609845705693573498673285897-847657589458697435760-932457809-43850-94386-0439583-094850-934568=4398646059 alliance of BA with 90 % of the actif people in that sector ( i think the number is right , maybe more )

Soo sorry anisa , but cant compare your situation with the rest of the server .

Solo gatherer , lonewolf gatherer , small guild , small alliance , NORMAL PEOPLE ( not SQUAD , ARMORS or what ever the name now ) all other ,
      So if I was to leave BA would my opinion matter more? Because my opinion will not change no matter my circumstance.
    • As i see it, it boils down to how much silver worth a gatherer should generate pr hour while gathering.

I have done quite a few different tests now and i gain between 1 million to 4 million silver pr hour of gathering. 1 million with low tier gathering in non optimal and 5 million with t7/t8 gathering with a couple good nodes. The worst hour of t8 gathering ive had was 2.5 million silver/hour
      On top of that are the jackpots and the eventual deaths.

I dont think its bad at all
    • 1) so far very good, just getting back into the game and doing black zone gathering, I get chased around occasionally but I never get actually ganked, most dangerous is going to/from portal, though the bubble shield helps a lot.
      2) I see more people, but the total value per minute of gathering has gone up a lot.
      3) royal city, items are cheaper than caerleon and I'm a (mostly) solo player so black zone bases are not an option afaik.
      4) t7 zones, I can't gather t8 quite yet but when I can I will move to them, maybe the rate of competent gankers is much higher? I don't know yet.
      5) t6 because I haven't unlocked t7 yet. no avalonian because it costs waaaay too much at low tiers, I will probably upgrade to avalonian once I hit t8.
      6) as above, avalonian tools are not even an option to be considered until higher tiers. where's my risk/reward when that tool is never even going to pay for itself before I upgrade it?
      7) royals are no longer the optimal place for me to gather, so that's neat, I like black zone better :)