Current state of Gathering

• i also feel like the mammoth drop rates are not adequate to the size of the player base and just few of inner circle guilds are sitting on the supply

consider increasing the drop rate for mammoth calfs and increasing the spawn rate of critters no matter the time of the day I go for T8 Desert it's all gathered up I do not want to wirte timers on paper
      Im więcej ludzi na ZvZ tym Surfy i Poe będą mniej hajsu chcieli za nie wyjebanie waszej ziemianki. Wojna Polsko Polska AO. Wesołe Ziemniaczki.
    • Hello,

1) Incomplete (personally speaking). This is my experience of gathering so far. I am T8 harvester that grinds T4 fiber (hemp).
      2) I started playing the game after the Queen patch.
      3) Thetford
      4) Dewleaf Fen
      5) T8 harvester gear with T8 avalonian sickle. They provide me with 90% bonus gathering yield. When combined with the 50% I get passively from the destiny board and 15% from pork pie, I have 155% bonus gathering yield. Thanks to that and the speed with which I harvest, I am able to gather 2,5k hemp every 20-25 minutes (when I am with premium). Without premium it is every 25-30 minutes.
      6) I see no benefit in gathering in the outlands or red zones. I always run the risk of losing my gathered resources + gear + mount. In red zones since there aren't many roads gankers often camp the 2 exits. If I want to make actual profit I have to pick a mount that can carry weight because there is no point in going back and forth for every 150 skyflower and 50 red leaf I manage to gather. But if you are with a mount that carries a lot of wieght, there is a high chance that by the time you are full there will be gate gankers camping both exits. The ghostly boar is the best mount because of its invisibility ability but it costs 5-6 hours worth of grind which I am not willing to risk for a potential small benefit.
      7) I started playing after that Patch.

I am a solo player. In order to join guilds that have hideouts in black zones I am required to have a couple of milions fame for killing players which I don't have. The arena is the only PvP that I participate in and it gives no PvP fame
      Life is Heaven & Hell is Living

The post was edited 4 times, last by Apotosariel: Typo ().

• Gathering is fine. Grow balls and try out other zones on the map. I started cycling through the T8 zones in my area, and end up with good returns. The zones I visit provide me zero security.

When you go out ganking, are you guaranteed sweet juicy kills? No. You might end up killing shit in flat 6.
      When you go out gathering, are you guaranteed the sweet juicy nodes? Not anymore.

Avalonian tools? You make me cry. You shouldn't be using Avalonian tools.
      T8 All Gatherer - T8 All Refiner - T8 Rare Animal Breeder

Newbie questions are welcome! <3 <3

Referral Link: Play for free today!
    • @Crane
      That's one of the reasons why I wouldn't go back to gathering higher tiers. Nodes are depleted and I am at risk. When people are ganking they are in a group and although they might not get a lot of loot their risk of dying is not as high as that of a gatherer. I am unexperienced but I don't think the benefits of becoming experienced are worth it for me. I don't think it is about growing balls. I am simply being rational. I dislike setbacks. I'd rather take itslow and steady when I am working toward a goal than risk it all for relatively small gain. I might risk it only when the income is drastically different. I came back 3 days ago because I heard the news about the avalonian weapons and roads, I had 700k silver. Yesterday started grinding, today at noon had enough to buy premium. By the end of tomorrow I will have enough silver to buy the resources I need to level up my cloth armor from t7 to t8. Sunday is free day so I can farm more than usual, will get enough to max cloth helmet and shoes. With the start of next week I will begin focusing on leveling up my cloth refining. I have a plan with checkpoints and in order to go everything smoothy I tent to avoid all types of randomness.

Avalonian tools are worth it, expecially when I come across a 4.3 resource. Even if I don't, I can gather around 35k-40k hemp until its durability gets to 52-50% at which point I spend 120k for repair. 1k hemp is worth around that much, varies in cities. With the 20% from the sickle, I have earned more.
    • I am t8 fiber gatherer, wood, and ore. I liked gathering before the small nodes, at least before if I found a node it was almost always full and i'd get a good chunk of change from it.
      Now I run around and just get one or two ticks every 5-10 minutes. Maybe it's the zone I'm in but I liked much better when there was just large nodes of t7/t8.
    • Apotosariel wrote:

@Crane
      That's one of the reasons why I wouldn't go back to gathering higher tiers. Nodes are depleted and I am at risk. When people are ganking they are in a group and although they might not get a lot of loot their risk of dying is not as high as that of a gatherer. I am unexperienced but I don't think the benefits of becoming experienced are worth it for me. I don't think it is about growing balls. I am simply being rational. I dislike setbacks. I'd rather take itslow and steady when I am working toward a goal than risk it all for relatively small gain. I might risk it only when the income is drastically different. I came back 3 days ago because I heard the news about the avalonian weapons and roads, I had 700k silver. Yesterday started grinding, today at noon had enough to buy premium. By the end of tomorrow I will have enough silver to buy the resources I need to level up my cloth armor from t7 to t8. Sunday is free day so I can farm more than usual, will get enough to max cloth helmet and shoes. With the start of next week I will begin focusing on leveling up my cloth refining. I have a plan with checkpoints and in order to go everything smoothy I tent to avoid all types of randomness.

Avalonian tools are worth it, expecially when I come across a 4.3 resource. Even if I don't, I can gather around 35k-40k hemp until its durability gets to 52-50% at which point I spend 120k for repair. 1k hemp is worth around that much, varies in cities. With the 20% from the sickle, I have earned more.
      Nobody caring about 4.3 my brother.

Funny you don't mention anything about the risk of death. Oh blue zone. Got it.
      T8 All Gatherer - T8 All Refiner - T8 Rare Animal Breeder

Newbie questions are welcome! <3 <3

Referral Link: Play for free today!
    • Crane wrote:

Nobody caring about 4.3 my brother.
      Funny you don't mention anything about the risk of death. Oh blue zone. Got it.

850k from one flower and I could have gotten more if I had spotted the hemp sooner.
      It kind of surprising that you even said it. The game's crafting system requires you to have t4 resource at any upper stage and level of crafting. The demand will always remain high.

I could and I would faction flag only when the rewards are worth the risk.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Apotosariel ().

• Crane wrote:

Hey kiddo, that isn't one flower. You get 4 ticks. At best your looking at maybe 16 pieces (4 each tick, im a max gatherer, I know the numbers).

Again, nobody gives a shit about your 4.3.
      It's one flower. The enchantment lasts for about 40-50 mins and unlike higher tier resources, hemp restores its ticks a lot faster. Per tick I get between 5 or 7 because the gathering yield varies.
      By following basic principals of logic you can conclude that 4.3 resource are more rewarding than t8.0. The average price is higher in lymhurst by 1k for the last month. If you fail to do that, arguing with you any further would be pointless.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Apotosariel ().