[4. March 2020] Queen Patch 6

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [4. March 2020] Queen Patch 6

Queen Patch 6 - Ver. 1.16.393 / REV 161355 - 4 March 2020

Alliance Rejoin Cooldown Changes

• Patch 5 introduced a 3-day cooldown for leaving and rejoining the same alliance. (This existed alongside the 7-day cooldown on joining a new alliance that was already in the game.)
      • With today's patch, the duration of this cooldown has been updated:
        • Alliance Rejoin Cooldown: 3 Days → 7 Days
      Knockdown Loot Loss Changes
      Items without a durability stat will no longer be destroyed upon knockdown.
      Previously, the following behavior occurred:
      • Items with durability: 5% durability loss
      • Items without durability: 10% destruction chance
      After Patch 6:
      • Items with durability: 5% durability loss (no change)
      • Items without durability: immune to destruction
      This change is intended to help introduce newer players to combat without item loss (i.e. in yellow zones), and to avoid situations where players were confused about what happened to items. It should also improve the overall loot experience in Elite Dungeons, where a large percent of loot was previously destroyed by being knocked down repeatedly.

Item destruction rate and durability loss rate upon death (killed by another player, suicide, etc.) are not affected by this change.

Respawn Penalty in Hideouts
      Introduced a feature that will delay players from leaving a Hideout set as "Home" after respawning there multiple times. The effect has a 10-minute cooldown, meaning after 10 minutes without dying and respawning in a Hideout the counter returns to zero.

Time penalties:
      • First Respawn: no penalty
      • Second Respawn: 30 seconds
      • Third Respawn: 60 seconds
      • Fourth Respawn: 120 seconds
      • Fifth Respawn or more: 240 seconds
      This is intended to prevent overuse of repeated-suicide defense strategies when defending Hideouts.

Travel Cost Modifier Changes
      • Adjusted travel cost modifiers for resources, laborer journals, and luxury goods
      • In most cases these were reduced by half, in the case of some T2 journals these were slightly increased
      • This will also result in a significant overall reduction to recovery costs for these items from Hideouts
      • Please note that this is only a first step in reviewing fast travel cost modifiers - we will continue to review these costs, and may adjust them further in future patches
      Elite Dungeon Changes
      • Avalonian Artifacts:
        • All Avalonian boss chests now have a chance to give Avalonian Artifacts
        • Slightly lowered rate of Avalonian Artifacts received from final boss (Sir Bedivere)
        • Overall, this means that the drop rate of Avalonian Artifacts for any given dungeon will be approximately twice what it was before
      • Health and damage of all Avalonian enemies reduced by 14%
      Other Changes
      • Players can now join the Smart Cluster Queue while mounted
      • Changed visibility of Steelplate Cougar from "hidden" to "locked" in mount skins UI
      Fixes
      • Hellgate final boss / chest notification now correctly displays 1-minute countdown
      • Fixed an issue where characters from other guilds in the friends list would sometimes display incorrect avatar, avatar ring, and "last seen" duration
      • Fixed an issue where Shoes of Tenacity (Avalonian Leather Armor) spell "Blind Spot" would deal damage twice when used with Spinning Blades
      • Undead Governor (Undead Randomized Dungeon Boss): Hitbox of Spinning Skull area has been corrected, and the spell now applies spell immunity to the correct target
      • Additional minor graphical, terrain, animation, UI, audio, and localization fixes
    • PrintsKaspian wrote:

Knockdown Loot Loss Changes
      Items without a durability stat will no longer be destroyed upon knockdown.
      Previously, the following behavior occurred:

Items with durability: 5% durability loss

Items without durability: 10% destruction chance
      After Patch 6:

Items with durability: 5% durability loss (no change)

Items without durability: immune to destruction

PrintsKaspian wrote:

Item destruction rate and durability loss rate upon death (killed by another player, suicide, etc.) are not affected by this change.

Not that it's a huge deal, but this just feels like another unnecessary change to appease casual players. With this change, you're lessening the consequences for failing at the game specifically in a PVE setting.

To take it a step further - why would you make this change only for knockdowns yet keep the % destruction for player kills. Just doesn't seem right to only do one and not both if you're going to do it at all.

PrintsKaspian wrote:

Introduced a feature that will delay players from leaving a Hideout set as "Home" after respawning there multiple times. The effect has a 10-minute cooldown, meaning after 10 minutes without dying and respawning in a Hideout the counter returns to zero.
      I think this is a solid change to stop flat four suiciding for hideout defense, but it kind of eliminates some sand from the box in doing so. I don't enjoy any of the current conquest system so it doesn't affect me personally; as an outsider looking in it just seems wonky.

PrintsKaspian wrote:

Travel Cost Modifier Changes

Adjusted travel cost modifiers for resources, laborer journals, and luxury goods

In most cases these were reduced by half, in the case of some T2 journals these were slightly increased

This will also result in a significant overall reduction to recovery costs for these items from Hideouts

Please note that this is only a first step in reviewing fast travel cost modifiers - we will continue to review these costs, and may adjust them further in future patches
      I'm happy to see a very small step in regards to hideout recovery of items, but to be frank there's a long rode ahead to balance this entirely.
    • PrintsKaspian wrote:

Time penalties:
      • First Respawn: no penalty
      • Second Respawn: 30 seconds
      • Third Respawn: 60 seconds
      • Fourth Respawn: 120 seconds
      • Fifth Respawn or more: 240 seconds
      This is intended to prevent overuse of repeated-suicide defense strategies when defending Hideouts.
      We love zergs, we don't want ANYBODY to ABUSE a strategy to troll them and protecting their hideout in the process.

Zergs can "abuse" disarray but small groups can't "abuse" a strategy.

Claps SBI, claps.
    • PrintsKaspian wrote:

Time penalties:

First Respawn: no penalty
      Second Respawn: 30 seconds
      Third Respawn: 60 seconds
      Fourth Respawn: 120 seconds
      Fifth Respawn or more: 240 seconds

Okay, now I want to know what will be done to help defending one hideouts.

So far all players know that as soon as a defence ZvZ is lost, whether it's a tower or a hideout, there's almost nothing that can be done. The attacker is just hitting with his hammers, and the defender is going to stand still.

So I ask again, what now?
      @Korn @PrintsKaspian @Eltharyon @Thorn-Delwyn nd all the other DEVs
    • LordSilva wrote:

PrintsKaspian wrote:

Time penalties:

First Respawn: no penalty
      Second Respawn: 30 seconds
      Third Respawn: 60 seconds
      Fourth Respawn: 120 seconds
      Fifth Respawn or more: 240 seconds

Okay, now I want to know what will be done to help defending one hideouts.
      So far all players know that as soon as a defence ZvZ is lost, whether it's a tower or a hideout, there's almost nothing that can be done. The attacker is just hitting with his hammers, and the defender is going to stand still.

So I ask again, what now?
      @Korn @PrintsKaspian @Eltharyon @Thorn-Delwyn nd all the other DEVs
      ya,,, sry the uninteded cobsequence of my strategy stopping BA 1 time from crushing our hideout, causes a terrible patch because they wont listen to me since im not on the round table.... there is a much better solution to stopping my strategy also... there is a hard counter to my strategy just no one ever figured it out even tho it is obvious
    • blappo wrote:

ya,,, sry the uninteded cobsequence of my strategy stopping BA 1 time from crushing our hideout, causes a terrible patch because they wont listen to me since im not on the round table.... there is a much better solution to stopping my strategy also... there is a hard counter to my strategy just no one ever figured it out even tho it is obvious
      Now we have a funny situation. A defence that takes 20 minutes, a system that takes less than 5 to lose a shield, and another system that at best prevents you from playing between 1 to 3 minutes during those 5 that takes to lose a shield.

Which means it's easier to evict any guild from their hideouts.
    • So change to make it easier to destroy Hideouts making this even more one-sided than it already is?!

Knowing several guilds who are the remaining groups (not part of mega-ally/coalitions that rule the map still) under mega-blob pushes to evict them on a context they could never fight them back on proper ZvZ,the only chance was actually repeat suicide to win time, now it's game over pack your bags and get deported back to the royal continent. How dare you settle on the Outlands you smaller / more casual groups of players? Says SBI (despite saying the exact opposite pre-queen). :P

I guess SBI is still controlled by the few top ZvZ guilds on the Roundtable, there is no way this complaint comes from anyone else but those guilds as they are pretty much the only ones who are doing things as destroying hideouts. Very disappointed @PrintsKaspian @Korn & any other devs involved on this decision.

I would support this decision if there were changes that give a chance for this groups to defend their hideout in the face of huge zergs camping the entrance, at this moment, there is zero chance, even if you regroup inside and come out you won't be able to regroup and position properly to counter anything, you'll move a bit, loose bubble and get nuked by wide AOE spam due to the very short range, so only chance you have is win the first ZvZ fight because if you don't and respawn on the HO there is almost nothing you can do against enemy camping with very large numbers. The number of shields and all mean nothing when this is the meta.

The post was edited 10 times, last by TheBacon ().

• I have not respawned from an hideout, I have no guild, get ganked after an hour of solo fame farming, get a 7:50min penalty, how the hell do you guys have it work.
      This is just infuriating and incomprehensible that gankees get further punished.
      There's obviously something flawed/not working as intended in your system.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Skolven ().