Why you made these robes the best armors in the game?

    • Captainrussia wrote:

      OP is a newbie
      albiononline2d.com/en/scoreboa…rs/Jiz1OQrCT9yzDz96vFdpRg

      If only because he refuses to use the best armor in the game.
      And why the best armor in the game is a robe, which have bonus attack as it should be the lightest kind of armor? It is not about my choice or your choice. It is about the game. But you are like a kid, who knows nothing about the game.

      Idebenn wrote:

      You could apply the same to basically every single equipment type, 3 out of 6 are almost guaranteed to be subpar.
      So you claim half of the gear is equal to these 3 robes? Still nobody denies - the developers broke the main rule of the balance - the defense should be inversely proportional to the attack provided by any gear.
    • Idebenn wrote:

      There are factors other than "defense" and "attack". The way the abilities are used/work, the timing, the ways to counter or avoid them, the scenarios they excel or suck at, and so on. Balancing isn't as simple as you think it to be, and perfect balancing is not possible anyway as things are often subjective.
      You think as a player. If you remove the animation illusion you will get, there are only three factors - defense, attack and timing. It is not so complicated. The main issues with the balance are the players abilities, connection latency and payers hardware.

      And the main rule is - the defense should be inversely proportional to the attack. And you can see it here, as the lightest armors - robes give biggest attack bonus, and vice versa with the plate armors.

      We call them armors, but in fact they are just textures and certain stats.

      The problem with these three robes is not only they break the main rule, they also have pretty quirky timings. For example the cleric has the longest invincibility, the mage has longer duration then most defensive and and many offensive skills, the cultist provides pretty fast healing. Everything with these armors is made wrong. And that is why they are used so much. In fact the "strongest" gear in the game - the avalonian is pretty lame in comparison with these robes.
    • Ikcen wrote:

      Idebenn wrote:

      Yeah, I also prefer the Mage Robe for something small-scale and somewhat organized. Cleric Robe is great to survive mindless zergs and tunnel vision focus fire, providing you have a movement skill to use along with it.
      So you deny these robes are overpowered? I do not understand what you want to say. I do not claim these robes and specially the cleric robe are bad. Quite the opposite.
      Maybe I shall change the title - why these 3 robes are the best armors in the game? As which is the best is debatable.

      Also I notice, nobody denies what I wrote here about these robes.

      They simply break the main rule of the balance - defense should be inversely proportional to the attack.
      Nothing is OP against a counter build. Cleric robe is USELESS against Mage robe / Fiend cowl / Any other purge

      Cleric robe is easily purgeable (requires proper timing to use)
      Mage robe doesn't give you invincibility, the extra resistance won't compare to a plate user's defense.
      Scholar robe is a 40+-second cd mana-efficient burst with zero defensive type of armor

      Cultist is interruptable and takes damage from magical sources that can render its healing useless under a demon cape's lava [as an example of magic] (when timed appropriately)

      What most people need is LESS nerfs and MORE brains

      The game has already provided us the mechanics and different sets of items to counter other items...

      1.) If it's rendered useless by a counter build or an existing mechanic in the game, it should NOT be nerfed
      2.) We should look into "buffing" items that are least used because they are practically underwhelming compared to what is approved and accepted to be more "efficient and viable" options of gear

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Zyrex ().

    • Ikcen wrote:

      Captainrussia wrote:

      OP is a newbie
      albiononline2d.com/en/scoreboa…rs/Jiz1OQrCT9yzDz96vFdpRg

      If only because he refuses to use the best armor in the game.
      And why the best armor in the game is a robe, which have bonus attack as it should be the lightest kind of armor? It is not about my choice or your choice. It is about the game. But you are like a kid, who knows nothing about the game.
      I would have agreed with you if you posted something more concrete and with better explanation. Cloth armor in general is very strong (its better then leather, and I think that is a problem), but its not just the Cleric Robe.

      That is why Im disagreeing with you. Its not just Cleric Robe.

      As a primarily leather user - I have switched to Cloth (at least for solo Farm + Solo PVP), as I agree - cloth is too strong. But I don't use cleric robe, for different reasons, but I don't believe that's its the "strongest armor in the game".
    • Captainrussia wrote:

      Ikcen wrote:

      Captainrussia wrote:

      OP is a newbie
      albiononline2d.com/en/scoreboa…rs/Jiz1OQrCT9yzDz96vFdpRg

      If only because he refuses to use the best armor in the game.
      And why the best armor in the game is a robe, which have bonus attack as it should be the lightest kind of armor? It is not about my choice or your choice. It is about the game. But you are like a kid, who knows nothing about the game.
      I would have agreed with you if you posted something more concrete and with better explanation. Cloth armor in general is very strong (its better then leather, and I think that is a problem), but its not just the Cleric Robe.
      That is why Im disagreeing with you. Its not just Cleric Robe.

      As a primarily leather user - I have switched to Cloth (at least for solo Farm + Solo PVP), as I agree - cloth is too strong. But I don't use cleric robe, for different reasons, but I don't believe that's its the "strongest armor in the game".
      As you made a good point, and it is debatable which robe is the best armor - I changed the topic.

      Zyrex wrote:

      Ikcen wrote:

      Idebenn wrote:

      Yeah, I also prefer the Mage Robe for something small-scale and somewhat organized. Cleric Robe is great to survive mindless zergs and tunnel vision focus fire, providing you have a movement skill to use along with it.
      So you deny these robes are overpowered? I do not understand what you want to say. I do not claim these robes and specially the cleric robe are bad. Quite the opposite.Maybe I shall change the title - why these 3 robes are the best armors in the game? As which is the best is debatable.

      Also I notice, nobody denies what I wrote here about these robes.

      They simply break the main rule of the balance - defense should be inversely proportional to the attack.
      Nothing is OP against a counter build. Cleric robe is USELESS against Mage robe / Fiend cowl / Any other purge
      Cleric robe is easily purgeable (requires proper timing to use)
      Mage robe doesn't give you invincibility, the extra resistance won't compare to a plate user's defense.
      Scholar robe is a 40+-second cd mana-efficient burst with zero defensive type of armor

      Cultist is interruptable and takes damage from magical sources that can render its healing useless under a demon cape's lava [as an example of magic] (when timed appropriately)

      What most people need is LESS nerfs and MORE brains

      The game has already provided us the mechanics and different sets of items to counter other items...

      1.) If it's rendered useless by a counter build or an existing mechanic in the game, it should NOT be nerfed
      2.) We should look into "buffing" items that are least used because they are practically underwhelming compared to what is approved and accepted to be more "efficient and viable" options of gear
      It seems you not understand the meaning of OP. Or you put every possible gear in your inventory just in case :) Also - cleric is purgeable - it has not other flaws. And with proper helmet and 6 sec. invincibility and 75% attack it guarantee you the win. The mage - 5-10 sec purge, cannot be interrupted, leaves the opponent without any defensive or attacking skills. Cultist - it can be interrupted with some skills, and you take damage with other skills indeed. But in general, specially if you make it twice - the second time gives you full bonus. And all these robes give big magic and physical attack bonuses.

      You claim the gear should not be nerfed, but in fact it shall, as if the devs make everything else more powerful, they will crash completely any balance in the game. That mistake was made in many games. Most marketing specialists agree with you, till the players start to leave the game in large numbers.

      And you do not deny these three robes are the best armors. Also you do not deny they break the rule that defense should be inversely proportional to the attack.What you say is - let make everything more powerful, which is simply stupid solution.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Ikcen ().

    • Ikcen wrote:

      Captainrussia wrote:

      Ikcen wrote:

      Captainrussia wrote:

      OP is a newbie
      albiononline2d.com/en/scoreboa…rs/Jiz1OQrCT9yzDz96vFdpRg

      If only because he refuses to use the best armor in the game.
      And why the best armor in the game is a robe, which have bonus attack as it should be the lightest kind of armor? It is not about my choice or your choice. It is about the game. But you are like a kid, who knows nothing about the game.
      I would have agreed with you if you posted something more concrete and with better explanation. Cloth armor in general is very strong (its better then leather, and I think that is a problem), but its not just the Cleric Robe.That is why Im disagreeing with you. Its not just Cleric Robe.

      As a primarily leather user - I have switched to Cloth (at least for solo Farm + Solo PVP), as I agree - cloth is too strong. But I don't use cleric robe, for different reasons, but I don't believe that's its the "strongest armor in the game".
      As you made a good point, and it is debatable which robe is the best armor - I changed the topic.

      Zyrex wrote:

      Ikcen wrote:

      Idebenn wrote:

      Yeah, I also prefer the Mage Robe for something small-scale and somewhat organized. Cleric Robe is great to survive mindless zergs and tunnel vision focus fire, providing you have a movement skill to use along with it.
      So you deny these robes are overpowered? I do not understand what you want to say. I do not claim these robes and specially the cleric robe are bad. Quite the opposite.Maybe I shall change the title - why these 3 robes are the best armors in the game? As which is the best is debatable.
      Also I notice, nobody denies what I wrote here about these robes.

      They simply break the main rule of the balance - defense should be inversely proportional to the attack.
      Nothing is OP against a counter build. Cleric robe is USELESS against Mage robe / Fiend cowl / Any other purgeCleric robe is easily purgeable (requires proper timing to use)
      Mage robe doesn't give you invincibility, the extra resistance won't compare to a plate user's defense.
      Scholar robe is a 40+-second cd mana-efficient burst with zero defensive type of armor

      Cultist is interruptable and takes damage from magical sources that can render its healing useless under a demon cape's lava [as an example of magic] (when timed appropriately)

      What most people need is LESS nerfs and MORE brains

      The game has already provided us the mechanics and different sets of items to counter other items...

      1.) If it's rendered useless by a counter build or an existing mechanic in the game, it should NOT be nerfed
      2.) We should look into "buffing" items that are least used because they are practically underwhelming compared to what is approved and accepted to be more "efficient and viable" options of gear
      It seems you not understand the meaning of OP. Or you put every possible gear in your inventory just in case :) Also - cleric is purgeable - it has not other flaws. And with proper helmet and 6 sec. invincibility and 75% attack it guarantee you the win. The mage - 5-10 sec purge, cannot be interrupted, leaves the opponent without any defensive or attacking skills. Cultist - it can be interrupted with some skills, and you take damage with other skills indeed. But in general, specially if you make it twice - the second time gives you full bonus. And all these robes give big magic and physical attack bonuses.
      You claim the gear should not be nerfed, but in fact it shall, as if the devs make everything else more powerful, they will crash completely any balance in the game. That mistake was made in many games. Most marketing specialists agree with you, till the players start to leave the game in large numbers.

      And you do not deny these three robes are the best armors. Also you do not deny they break the rule that defense should be inversely proportional to the attack.What you say is - let make everything more powerful, which is simply stupid solution.
      I never said "make everything else powerful"

      Please read # 2.)

      "Buff" items that are least used - this does not equate to buff "everything and break the game balance"

      hence making your argument invalid

      and that buffing underused items to make them have better effectiveness is NOT going to, in any way, break the game.

      These "three" robes have the LEAST stat defenses in the game.

      They're basically "glasscannon" these "three" robes won't help you escape as effectively as assassin jackets do in the open world. They also cannot sustain you for longer fights, cultist is interruptable and is vulnerable to magic damage.

      They have their own uses and they won't be effective with for every situation.

      Tell me again that I do not understand the meaning of OP. Thanks

      Mage robe - 5-10 sec purge - cannot be interrupted but CAN be purged as well - leaving the user more vulnerable than ever. You point out that these robes give big magic and physical attack bonuses but you forget to mention that the defenses on these are low.
    • Zyrex wrote:

      I never said "make everything else powerful"
      Please read # 2.)

      "Buff" items that are least used - this does not equate to buff "everything and break the game balance"

      hence making your argument invalid

      and that buffing underused items to make them have better effectiveness is NOT going to, in any way, break the game.

      These "three" robes have the LEAST stat defenses in the game.

      They're basically "glasscannon" these "three" robes won't help you escape as effectively as assassin jackets do in the open world. They also cannot sustain you for longer fights, cultist is interruptable and is vulnerable to magic damage.

      They have their own uses and they won't be effective with for every situation.

      Tell me again that I do not understand the meaning of OP. Thanks

      Mage robe - 5-10 sec purge - cannot be interrupted but CAN be purged as well - leaving the user more vulnerable than ever. You point out that these robes give big magic and physical attack bonuses but you forget to mention that the defenses on these are low.
      Obviously you do not understand what is OP. It is an item or skill that has a significant advantage. Which is exactly the case here.

      Also these robes has defense - definitely it is smaller, but you have to count the skills that give you things like invincibility, healing - HP is actually defense, or removing the enemy attack skills. So in fact these robes give you more defense than some plate armors.

      Finally you do not understand how the closed systems like the games work. Let say the developers buff other gear, then other items will become less usable, so they have to buff them too, and all the gear will become more powerful at a certain moment, so they have to upgrade the mobs. And during the whole process the game will be unbalanced. That is why to nerf the OP gear is always the better solution.

      As if the developers upgrade everything properly, they may reach some balance. But they can do the same by simply nerfing the OP items, with less work and with smaller risk to break completely the balance.
    • I have been playing MMO genre type of games for 10+ years and have learned that nerfing items only leads them to being less used than buffing effectiveness. People work hard and spend hundreds of hours getting a build to work and synergize and here you are crying on the forums for a Nerf until creativity no longer makes a difference in the game because of your lack of skill.

      You Assume that when devs "buff" an item, it makes other items "less used" and that they have to keep buffing to make other items more used?

      This is incorrect, it all depends on your build and how much the devs buff a certain item. Even if they buff the hell out of your cultist robe it still won't be used by "everybody". Different roles, different builds in this closed system game. Please provide a more reasonable explanation as yours do not make sense at all.

      You gonna tell a tank to play cloth because it has a purgeable 3-second invincibility skill?
    • Zyrex wrote:

      I have been playing MMO genre type of games for 10+ years and have learned that nerfing items only leads them to being less used than buffing effectiveness. People work hard and spend hundreds of hours getting a build to work and synergize and here you are crying on the forums for a Nerf until creativity no longer makes a difference in the game because of your lack of skill.

      You Assume that when devs "buff" an item, it makes other items "less used" and that they have to keep buffing to make other items more used?

      This is incorrect, it all depends on your build and how much the devs buff a certain item. Even if they buff the hell out of your cultist robe it still won't be used by "everybody". Different roles, different builds in this closed system game. Please provide a more reasonable explanation as yours do not make sense at all.

      You gonna tell a tank to play cloth because it has a purgeable 3-second invincibility skill?
      So you know C++ and how to make games? And people in Albion do not work, they play. It is a game.

      Also you could play a tank with a cleric robe, if the robe had aggression.


      Zyrex wrote:

      This "nerfing" mentality needs to stop, people need to actually learn to get better.

      It's not like this cultist robe makes you immune to ALL types of damage and allows an uninterruptible health and mana recovery ability.

      You win some you lose some. You can't win them all.
      In fact your case is a typical player mentality. Nerfing does not make the gear worse, as buffing does not make it better. The stats of the gear are question of balance. So if the devs push up the stats of a certain gear it will be improved, but only in comparison to the other gear and the mobs. This is a video game, everything is virtual. Armors and weapons are only textures. They do not have real quality to be improved.
    • Zyrex wrote:

      I have been playing MMO genre type of games for 10+ years and have learned that nerfing items only leads them to being less used than buffing effectiveness. People work hard and spend hundreds of hours getting a build to work and synergize and here you are crying on the forums for a Nerf until creativity no longer makes a difference in the game because of your lack of skill.

      You Assume that when devs "buff" an item, it makes other items "less used" and that they have to keep buffing to make other items more used?

      This is incorrect, it all depends on your build and how much the devs buff a certain item. Even if they buff the hell out of your cultist robe it still won't be used by "everybody". Different roles, different builds in this closed system game. Please provide a more reasonable explanation as yours do not make sense at all.

      You gonna tell a tank to play cloth because it has a purgeable 3-second invincibility skill?
      Not nerfing obviously broken stuff and instead buffing everything else to its level results in one of the worst thing which can happen to a MMO: power creep.
    • I don't know why anybody would disagree robes aren't the best in the game. Not only do you get massive damage boosts that completely negate the defensive boosts or other armor types, but the abilities are absolutely ridiculous and most of them are the best defensive abilities in the entire game. It doesn't matter if they're counterable, basically everything that's not Ice Block is counterable; the fact of the matter is it's so amazingly powerful that it's carried regardless because you're still going to get the effect off. Purge Mage Robe? Who gives a shit, they already used it to purge some ability and most likely tanked a good portion of damage before you could even purge it. Cultist Robe is interruptible? Yeah, you'd have to have that interrupt first of all, and second of all it most likely 1) Still healed them to some degree and 2) negated the damage of whatever ability you used to interrupt it (like Broadsword E) drastically lowering your overall damage output.

      This just makes Robes the natural choice for basically everybody that wants to do any kind of damage, and this causes further imbalance because the abilities they have outright counter items that aren't even as good as them to begin with making said items even worse.

      When you give these abilities so many different effects it completely ruins any downside it could have possibly had. Mage Robe is always worth, there's never a situation where it wasn't useful unless the enemy had a purge and had literally nothing to be purged and purged you within a second of you putting up the ability (so you didn't benefit from the absurd defense boost); while multiple abilities on multiple different armors in the game will get essentially zero effect .1ms after you activate them because of Mage Robe (especially if they deal damage). It's just bad game design.

      It doesn't help that Jackets are absolute garbage and Armor is the single most situational thing in the game used almost exclusively for tanking.
    • All the leather chest pieces and scholar robe need a buff imo.

      For the love of god destroy the damn purity robe - it's insanely busted with almost a 30% up-time. It's the single best armor for offense and defense in controlled fights, hands down.

      Also the mage robe has been broken OP since it's rework, I wouldn't mind seeing it toned down.
    • Naah, old mage robe was trash and very limited in lots of setups. "suicide bomb" , which was pretty nice tactic to earn money in solo/small scale PvP wearing T4.0 (overcharge when it was introduced,or even without it - when there was no such feature in the game + dual daggers or any other burst damage weapon) , but overall this armor was horrible.
    • Ikcen wrote:

      The problem is even worse, as now there are many 5-8 sec skills and combos that can be counter-played only with these robes. The devs changed the timings so the players have not a choice, they must play with the robes, which is ridiculous.
      Lol, Funny thing is you don't see only robes running around do you? I see tons of people using leather cloth and plate, Plate of course is more tank based and solider armor is just in a shit place right now, But I do feel leather has some very good options and I don't feel cloth is the best, It may seem like you get better skills on robes plus the more dmg/magic dmg, But leather can do very well with its own skills also, The as jacket gives you a nice INVs with bonus to dmg when attacking right after coming out of INVs, This invs gives you a lot of options to use this skill in different cases, Also you have the hellion jacket which gives you nice life steal and healing to yourself while also making more HP with lower HP and more enemies attacking you the more you steal, Next we have stalker jacket which gives a nice AOE, Next we have the merc jacket with a good healing ability which depends on the dmg you can put out, So with builds that use bleeds or poisen or really any DOT this armor can heal you for a lot and with the right build can be very good, then we have spector jacket, This jacket is very good with the right build and can put out insane dmg if used correct, There are tons of options in this game and really it all comes down to the right build with the right combo of skills. Cloth is good but I don't think its the BEST over everything else at the end of the day. If it was the BEST and super OP everyone would be running around in cloth and that just doesn't happen. zvz is the closest to everyone using cloth and thats just 1 thing you can do ingame. Also want to add that the only reason cloth is used in zvz is because most fights are about the right moment to go in and bomb the other zerg with using cloth this makes theses bombs much more effective, Though while mostly everyone is using cloth in zvz this is why most zvz fights end very fast, That is because only tanks can take tons and tons of dmg, So if you get the right clump and everyone follows up people just get deleted, Because well they are glass cannons, So again its a trade off.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Neef ().