Why you made these robes the best armors in the game?

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Why you made these robes the best armors in the game?

      Could someone explain what is that "brilliant" idea behind the move cleric, mage and cultist robes to be the best armors in the game? The robes - I mean ROBEs, give ultimate defense and great attack. It simply make no sense, but yeah what in the minds of the developers makes sense anyway.

      The post was edited 3 times, last by Ikcen ().

    • Yeah what Luq said above is what makes this robe not terribly OP. You at least need to have SOME skill in order to benefit from the invulnerability by triggering it correctly to begin with. It is also a fairly long CD so not much consistent utility from it.
    • Tabor wrote:

      Yeah what Luq said above is what makes this robe not terribly OP. You at least need to have SOME skill in order to benefit from the invulnerability by triggering it correctly to begin with. It is also a fairly long CD so not much consistent utility from it.
      Yeah, probably so many players run with cleric robes now, because they are very skillful. You both do not deny the simple fact that the developers made that robe to be the best armor in the game. I do not claim it is overpowered - you say it. I say a robe to be the best armor is simply stupid.
    • @Ikcen
      Calm down, its not that good.
      Each armor piece has their uses. Cleric is better for dg clearing for some builds, mage is way better for pvp since it purges enemies.

      It gives not the ultimate defense, when you start playing higher level gameplay u will see.
      This robe is only good for continuous dps burst windows, like if some1 charges some high dmg burst skill and u use it, it wont block the skill, but u will take the dmg and then proc the so called "ultimate defense", not that good dead right?
    • Luquee wrote:

      I believe it was created primarily to be used in zvz tactics where perfect timing leads to victory.
      Well, it is also the perfect armor to dive, solo gank, group gank, and avalonian dungeons, the perfect armor for any DPS, and it is a cleric robe. The developers could change any skill of any gear. What they did simply makes no sense.

      The robe gives 45% attack bonus, 70% hitpoints regeneration bonus, the amount of HP as a soldier armor, and fairly lower defenses, but if you add the skill with instant cast, invincibility for 3 seconds, healing, and 30% attack bonus - what you get is OP nonsense. And yes, you need to fit to the timing to use it, like you do with all the skills in this game.
    • Ikcen wrote:

      Well, it is also the perfect armor to dive, solo gank, group gank, and avalonian dungeons, the perfect armor for any DPS, and it is a cleric robe. The developers could change any skill of any gear. What they did simply makes no sense.
      The robe gives 45% attack bonus, 70% hitpoints regeneration bonus, the amount of HP as a soldier armor, and fairly lower defenses, but if you add the skill with instant cast, invincibility for 3 seconds, healing, and 30% attack bonus - what you get is OP nonsense. And yes, you need to fit to the timing to use it, like you do with all the skills in this game.


      as I said. Thats not how it works, u should open ur mind alittle bit. Try duo diving me with 2 clerics t7 and I will kill u both solo with t5 flat eqs and mage robe.
    • I would not even say cleric robes are heavily used. Sure in ZvZ I suppose because that fighting is all about just running in dropping E and getting out again. Some use in 5v5 but just as much mage robe and purity robe. Even with 2s gates not seeing a high propensity of cleric robe or when I dive solo dungeons. Not sure what you mean about heavily used.
    • hFly wrote:

      Ikcen wrote:

      Well, it is also the perfect armor to dive, solo gank, group gank, and avalonian dungeons, the perfect armor for any DPS, and it is a cleric robe. The developers could change any skill of any gear. What they did simply makes no sense.
      The robe gives 45% attack bonus, 70% hitpoints regeneration bonus, the amount of HP as a soldier armor, and fairly lower defenses, but if you add the skill with instant cast, invincibility for 3 seconds, healing, and 30% attack bonus - what you get is OP nonsense. And yes, you need to fit to the timing to use it, like you do with all the skills in this game.

      as I said. Thats not how it works, u should open ur mind alittle bit. Try duo diving me with 2 clerics t7 and I will kill u both solo with t5 flat eqs and mage robe.
      OK, you are the best. So after the nonsense please explain what does not work like I say? The robe is not very useful for the clerics or any healer. But for DPS it is insane. It gives you 3 seconds invincibility, 75% attack bonus and healing. The cast cannot be interrupted like it could with the cultist. And honestly, you will do nothing with mage robe if the opponent has a slightest idea how to use cleric.

      Also if you notice we are talking only about robes here, which shows a lot about the stage of mind of the developers.
    • Who say I do not?


      Tabor wrote:

      If you want to argue leather armors are weak you could certainly do that and I would agree. But I think that is a buff needed on them not nerfs to cloth (except purity definitely needs to be toned down).
      You are simply wrong, and I will tell you why. If the developers make the leather better, then they have to make the plate better, then the weapons better and etc. So they have to make everything more powerful, and that will break any balance in the game. So the right solution often is to nerf the things.

      Also they already kind of broke the balance. The lightest defense should be related with the biggest attack and vice versa. So on theory - the robe should provide lightest defense in combination with biggest aoe magic attack or ability power for the healers. The leather armor should provide moderate defense with moderate attack for the DPS. And the plate armor should provide biggest defense with smallest attack for the tanks.

      But what they do is - biggest attack - robes, biggest defense - robes, biggest ability power - robes.

      Cleric robe combines attack bonus, invincibility and great healing bonus.

      Cultist robe - attack bonus, partial invincibility and great healing.

      Mage robe - attack bonus, attack power as you can purge the enemy defenses and defense power as you can purge the enemy attack skills.

      Any of these robes breaks the balance.

      And it is not so hard to be fixed. The purge should be shorter, the levitation should be longer, with smaller healing per second, and the shield should not give additional attack and healing, or it should not give invincibility.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Ikcen ().

    • Fusionbomb wrote:

      the link to your profile
      unless you have an alt whose name ur willing 2 share
      So go talk with the link to my profile. He may answer you.


      Tabor wrote:

      If you want to argue leather armors are weak you could certainly do that and I would agree. But I think that is a buff needed on them not nerfs to cloth (except purity definitely needs to be toned down).
      Also the robe should have only magic attack modifier, because now even the fact any DPS can use the attack bonus of the robe breaks the balance in the game. There should be a clear difference among DPS and AOE damage dealers.
    • That robe is the only reason my character doesn't outright die instantly the moment he's focused.

      Do you want every caster/ranged/daggers build to have a Cleric Cowl glued on at all times so they don't die to a breeze?

      At least it doesn't let you just zoom offscreen while recovering HP, resetting fights at will, like a certain other robe.
    • Idebenn wrote:

      Yeah, I also prefer the Mage Robe for something small-scale and somewhat organized. Cleric Robe is great to survive mindless zergs and tunnel vision focus fire, providing you have a movement skill to use along with it.
      So you deny these robes are overpowered? I do not understand what you want to say. I do not claim these robes and specially the cleric robe are bad. Quite the opposite.

      Maybe I shall change the title - why these 3 robes are the best armors in the game? As which is the best is debatable.

      Also I notice, nobody denies what I wrote here about these robes.

      They simply break the main rule of the balance - defense should be inversely proportional to the attack.