Taking bets: what are the chances of the upcoming portal ganking fix to not fix the root causes?

• Taking bets: what are the chances of the upcoming portal ganking fix to not fix the root causes?

Current state:
      • Only 3 portals per faction
      • Portals are too close to each other
      • Tile map design leads to only 4 entry/exit points at max to other tiles which can be camped easily
      • Inability to use an entry/exit point if you're in combat
      Most likely fix for the portal ganking:
      • Some sort of buff/mechanic which enables a player to get from the portal to an exit point of the portal tile without being able to get ganked
      What it most likely won't fix:
      • Only the use-case "Player is getting ganked in the portal tile while moving to an exit point" will be fixed, but not the subsequent use-case of "Gankers will now just sit in front of the entry points towards the portal tile, because the ganking fix won't apply there"

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lofthild ().

• Theat wrote:

Ganking cannot and should not be "fixed".

If gankers were pushed off or away from the Realm-gates, they would simply be on the next map over, on lock down.
      That's fine though, because it means they have to cover more exits and zones. The realmgate tile needs to be safe/safer to travel through to get into and out of content.
      Discord: Piddle#7413 "The purpose of existence is simple: everything is fuel for the magmaw." —Jaji, magmaw worshipper
    • Hummertime wrote:

Why fix what isn't broken. There are real issues in the game that need a closer look. If u dont want to get ganked or even see red names on your screen go back to the blue zones. Theres better content for you there.
      The problem isn't ganking or seeing reds, Its the mindless ganking of portal zone exits, If you cannot enter the blackzone without knowing you need to rebubble to get past the gankers then you will never make it passed them, It is a major issue for new players because they don't understand how to double bubble to get past them, This is a map and game design flaw, If players can't get into the blackzone whats the point of even having the portal at all?

PS. I don't ever get portal ganked because I am a vet player who knows how to double bubble, That isn't the problem, The problem is for new players who do not yet understand this and will never understand it because they give up after trying a few times and just think the game is broken and either quits or returns to the royals, This is a problem for the blackzone population, If we never get new players the game WILL DIE.

The overall fix needs to be SHIELD areas around the exit in portal zones AND MORE EXITS for the zones connected to the portal zones, That way it is much harder to just camp all the gates, The more options to use the better chances players will have, Currently most zones next to the portals only have 1 gate exit, This is a major problem if portal camping is fixed and not the connected zones then the gankers will just move to the next connected zone and camp the 1 exit gate there, We need more exit gates around the portals to make it harder to lock down theses zones. If players want to lock down 4 or 5 exits let them do it atleast they will have to work for it, But camping 1 exit gate is just to easy. Also when you have a group come clear the campers they just mount up and run so they basicly do this all day with 90% no risk, Its not good game design and It will lead to the death of the blackzone population. It has already made all zones near the center pretty much dead inless your in a mega-allliance because every other player is just getting killed in the portal zone itself.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Neef ().

• I tell you my prediction:

They will put the invis fountain from the bz cities to the royal cities and call it a solution - same as for bz cities

We have told them that being invis inside the town is no solution as the invis in the final version is gone after zone

They have ignored this - now you can run around invis in the bz cities (YaY!!!) But get invis right after u arrive in BZ

My prediction is, they will implement this solution..

People will then ask, same as we did in BZ cities, where the protection is, then they will if enough ask see the issue and put the invis fountain in the bz..

Then this invis status that last 30 seconds will be used by gankers to gank gatherer coming back and their will be further complains

Then they will finally move the portal and spread these more out..

This is my prediction..
    • Neef wrote:

Hummertime wrote:

Why fix what isn't broken. There are real issues in the game that need a closer look. If u dont want to get ganked or even see red names on your screen go back to the blue zones. Theres better content for you there.
      The problem isn't ganking or seeing reds, Its the mindless ganking of portal zone exits, If you cannot enter the blackzone without knowing you need to rebubble to get past the gankers then you will never make it passed them, It is a major issue for new players because they don't understand how to double bubble to get past them, This is a map and game design flaw, If players can't get into the blackzone whats the point of even having the portal at all?
      PS. I don't ever get portal ganked because I am a vet player who knows how to double bubble, That isn't the problem, The problem is for new players who do not yet understand this and will never understand it because they give up after trying a few times and just think the game is broken and either quits or returns to the royals, This is a problem for the blackzone population, If we never get new players the game WILL DIE.

The overall fix needs to be SHIELD areas around the exit in portal zones AND MORE EXITS for the zones connected to the portal zones, That way it is much harder to just camp all the gates, The more options to use the better chances players will have, Currently most zones next to the portals only have 1 gate exit, This is a major problem if portal camping is fixed and not the connected zones then the gankers will just move to the next connected zone and camp the 1 exit gate there, We need more exit gates around the portals to make it harder to lock down theses zones. If players want to lock down 4 or 5 exits let them do it atleast they will have to work for it, But camping 1 exit gate is just to easy. Also when you have a group come clear the campers they just mount up and run so they basicly do this all day with 90% no risk, Its not good game design and It will lead to the death of the blackzone population. It has already made all zones near the center pretty much dead inless your in a mega-allliance because every other player is just getting killed in the portal zone itself.
      • Self-made issues of SBI by opting for:
        • Tile maps with only 4 exits to other tiles, and there are not other ways to cross the tiles
        • Only 3 portals per faction, and those 3 are too close to each other
        • No repercussion/penalty for 10vs1 ganking, but there are so many options to counter that like e.g. increased chance for items to completely trash or immense resistance buff for the group-ganked player
    • Gugusteh wrote:

Would you prefer:

A. a hotfix mechanic that reduces the impact of the current portal design done (fairly) fast.
      B. a longterm change that fixes the "root issue" in 2 months.

I vote for A until B is done.
      • Queen patch 6 doesn't do anything + their only response to far is "Portal ganking will be fixed" without mentioning anything else - so my trust in them is slightly above 0
      • But yes, normally you'd take a really close look at what the root issues are, offer attempts on how you intend to fix them while communicating with your customers
    • Lofthild wrote:

Gugusteh wrote:

Would you prefer:

A. a hotfix mechanic that reduces the impact of the current portal design done (fairly) fast.

• Queen patch 6 doesn't do anything + their only response to far is "Portal ganking will be fixed" without mentioning anything else - so my trust in them is slightly above 0
      • But yes, normally you'd take a really close look at what the root issues are, offer attempts on how you intend to fix them while communicating with your customers

Almost no game does that. SBI usually gives a lot of info on what they plan to do and this always lead to people whining, even when the decision is good.

The decision is up to them, but if you wanna see specific systems to fix such issues, feel free to post that idea in feedback & suggestions, maybe it will influence their choice.
    • Gugusteh wrote:

Lofthild wrote:

Gugusteh wrote:

Would you prefer:

Almost no game does that. SBI usually gives a lot of info on what they plan to do and this always lead to people whining, even when the decision is good.
      The decision is up to them, but if you wanna see specific systems to fix such issues, feel free to post that idea in feedback & suggestions, maybe it will influence their choice.
      • Does what: look at core issues and fixing them?
      • I mean Queen Update 6 doesn't offer anything against portal ganking or the obviously broken loot tables and I've yet to hear any reasoning for that, especially when broken loot tables affect every instanced PvE content
      • Sure, the decision is up to them, but how they behave affects if a customer like myself is leaving or not - and right now they're doing really bad in terms of basic communication, offering though processes etc.
      • Oh don't worry, I'm constantly offering feedback, but the more I look the more obvious bugs, typos, dead links on the destiny board, weird tooltip formatting etc. I find, which really does paint a dire picture
    • Lofthild wrote:

• Does what: look at core issues and fixing them?
      • I mean Queen Update 6 doesn't offer anything against portal ganking or the obviously broken loot tables and I've yet to hear any reasoning for that, especially when broken loot tables affect every instanced PvE content
      • Sure, the decision is up to them, but how they behave affects if a customer like myself is leaving or not - and right now they're doing really bad in terms of basic communication, offering though processes etc.
      • Oh don't worry, I'm constantly offering feedback, but the more I look the more obvious bugs, typos, dead links on the destiny board, weird tooltip formatting etc. I find, which really does paint a dire picture

Talking about communication. Most games just don't communicate and fix the issues when it pleases them.
      They actually answered concerns about the PvE loottables and it should be fixed soon aswell: if you're really interested in that concern you should try to understand the meaning of their posts.
      And honestly idc about all the "typos dead links etc". When I talked about feedback I was talking about game mechanics issues.
      Welcome to an indie game with a small team and an infamous endless backlog.
    • Both the PvE loot tables and the portal ganking issue are at the top of our priority list and will be addressed soon, most likely with Queen patch 7 - if all goes as planned.

We want to make sure to get it right. The previous loot table fix was probably too rushed on our end, hence, it didn't go as well as we has hoped.
    • Theat wrote:

So it's an "issue" that players are dying in the black zone like morons?

What is the fix, turn black zone blue???
      Again, When most of the blackzone ganks happens in the FIRST ZONE going into the blackzone, That means there is a design flaw. Say goodbye to your mindless silver grab. Ganks need to happen all over the blackzone not just the first zone entering the blackzone which I don't call the "blackzone" myself, I call it the entrance to the blackzone.