Testserver Patch Notes - Queen Patch 6

• In essence no:
      • Portal ganking fix
      • Dungeon loot drop fix
      To me it seems you're really disconnected from the issues of your customers - or even worse, you don't even know and/or play your own game.

I might as well let my sub lapse as both points are part of the core functionality for a solo PvE player like myself.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Lofthild ().

• Lofthild wrote:

In essence no:
      • Portal ganking fix
      • Dungeon loot drop fix
      To me it seems you're really disconnected from the issues of your customers - or even worse, you don't even know and/or play your own game.

I might as well let my sub lapse as both points are part of the core functionality for a solo PvE player like myself.
      Both of these issues are at the top of our priority list.

Please keep in mind that they are complex matters that require proper testing before being rolled out. We will get these sorted as fast as possible.
    • PrintsKaspian wrote:

Respawn Penalty in Hideouts

We are introducing a feature that will delay players from leaving a Hideout set as "Home" after respawning there multiple times. The effect has a 10-minute cooldown, meaning after 10 minutes without dying and respawning in a Hideout the counter returns to zero.
      Time penalties:

First Respawn: no penalty

Second Respawn: 30 seconds

Third Respawn: 60 seconds

Fourth Respawn: 120 seconds

Fifth Respawn or more: 240 seconds
      This is intended to prevent overuse of repeated-suicide defense strategies when defending Hideouts.
      No, this does not address that issue.

This creates an issue, 2 guilds of equal size fighting this would be fine, however this is because the same number of players inside each of their hideouts would be affected.

If a guild is attacking a guild with only 20-30 players to defend they will be killed and a much larger % of them will be affected by this cooldown than a larger guild.

Thus this is a massive buff to any defending hideout with more player IE it is a buff to N+1 . .. smh i have already posted about this topic there is a FAR better solution.

It is simple there are multiple weapons that maximize this defense, and i will point out there are 100% effective hard counters to it as well.

100% effective!

The biggest issue is a T4 set of said weapons and armor is just as effective as a T8.3 MP set is. This is because most of the items in the game do not scale.

Stalker hoods, martlock capes, knight armors, fisherman caps, locus E, merc hoods, knight helms, soldier boots, mercenary shoes, guardian boots, cleric sandals, mage sandals, scholar sandals, assassin shoes, hunter shoes, fort sterling capes, bridgewatch capes, undead capes, all of these item have no scaling on their active ability.

If there is to be any penalty it should be 5,10,15,20 seconds and thats it. why ... there is already a much bigger problem with respawning out of a hideout... you have no ability to move from the spot you stand to position yourself for a fight anyway. it is instant death to move.

The post was edited 1 time, last by blappo ().

• Gugusteh wrote:

PrintsKaspian wrote:

Health and damage of all Avalonian enemies reduced by 14%
      I don't really think thats necessary. Beside the "small white wizards" most of the mobs are pretty much balanced and just represent a challenge. The dungeons are however unworthy because of the low fame and the loot being just medium.
      My problem with Avalorian Dg is that it is almost impeditive to melee dps. I mean, lots of mobs have specific skillsagaonat melee distance atks.

Plz rethink this, its worst then high tier hce, where the impeditive was only the efficiency, not realy all mobs had melee distance specific skills
    • Kyrw wrote:

Gugusteh wrote:

PrintsKaspian wrote:

I don't really think thats necessary. Beside the "small white wizards" most of the mobs are pretty much balanced and just represent a challenge. The dungeons are however unworthy because of the low fame and the loot being just medium.
      My problem with Avalorian Dg is that it is almost impeditive to melee dps. I mean, lots of mobs have specific skillsagaonat melee distance atks.
      Plz rethink this, its worst then high tier hce, where the impeditive was only the efficiency, not realy all mobs had melee distance specific skills
      Its challenging PvE content, hence why Melee dps aren't optimized but it's totally unworthy because even with the rewards buffed here and the last time, it's way less interesting than running group RDs.
      They are making the dungeons "easier" but don't fix the core issue which is the bad rewards.

For once we had a good PvE challenge, but it's getting changed badly ...
    • Gugusteh wrote:

PrintsKaspian wrote:

We want to achieve four goals with this change.
      1. The reduction of damage and health will open up the lowest tier of those dungeons for smaller and/or less organized groups.
      2. Loot and rewards have been indirectly buffed. You either take less time to finish or can challenge higher tier content for better rewards.
      3. High tier enchanted Elite Dungeon maps are now more viable than have been before because of them being too difficult.
      4. This should also increase the amount of Avalonian Artifacts pushed into the market.
      Ultimately this should increase attractiveness and increase the amount of players experiencing Avalonian Elite Dungeons.
    • Thorn-Delwyn wrote:

Gugusteh wrote:

PrintsKaspian wrote:

We want to achieve four goals with this change.
      1. The reduction of damage and health will open up the lowest tier of those dungeons for smaller and/or less organized groups.
      2. Loot and rewards have been indirectly buffed. You either take less time to finish or can challenge higher tier content for better rewards.
      3. High tier enchanted Elite Dungeon maps are now more viable than have been before because of them being too difficult.
      4. This should also increase the amount of Avalonian Artifacts pushed into the market.
      Ultimately this should increase attractiveness and increase the amount of players experiencing Avalonian Elite Dungeons.
      In general i think a 10% weeklong buff is just not appealing to most of us. i would rather a 100% 4 hour buff dropped as a consumable that i choose when to activate. as i could focus on using it effectively rather than spending countless hours grinding as normal and seeong little extra results ending up that i feel the buff is a waste because the time spent in that dungeon would have been better spent in 20 solos.

shorter more powerful buffs would push people to attempt to do them more than once per week.
    • blappo wrote:

In general i think a 10% weeklong buff is just not appealing to most of us. i would rather a 100% 4 hour buff dropped as a consumable that i choose when to activate. as i could focus on using it effectively rather than spending countless hours grinding as normal and seeong little extra results ending up that i feel the buff is a waste because the time spent in that dungeon would have been better spent in 20 solos.
      shorter more powerful buffs would push people to attempt to do them more than once per week.
      This so much. The only people I see doing Avalonian Dungeons are hellgate players, because they're the ones that make the most out of the fame buff.
      Everyone else isn't benefitting that much from a week-long buff because they have actual lives out of the game, the hours spent in the Avalonian Dungeon are pretty much all the hours they have to fame farm.
    • the hideout change is absolutely going to penalize a newer groups. So now we have IP based Cluster Ques that I would have to put my new players into 8.2/8.3 to have them have a chance of staying in the zone they are defending, and now even if we can stay in zone we will not have a chance against a superior force. This severely buffs attackers and severely hinders defenders. I am not sure where these changes are coming from but we literally would have had zero chance to defend our hideout in BB Plains against POE. We re-geared 7 times and sacrificed a beetle to secure our hideout the first time it was attacked. Now a group like Squak or POE can power project anywhere on the map with very little risk against a less skilled group because the defender gets no advantage really for having a hideout and living locally.
    • I dont think the core problem is that poe or squak can take down a hideout from a newbie guild , or even any guild for that matter as its the two strongest forces.

The problem is that they can do this while keeping all their top tier zones safe.
      When you leave your lands to fight somewhere else, nothing is at risk , which means that there simply are no cons to go out and trash lower tier guilds because the home values are safe.

The real problem is not that the top alliances come to the outer ring in outlands to roll small guilds, in shitty zones - the real problem is that its attractive for top alliances to squash the small ones in the outer ring due to "content".

Territories should be valuable, and the valuables should be at risk. If all siphon energy and season points spawned in a chest in the territory when the terri goes live you would have to choose, and if 5% of everything gathered in the zone would be in that chest it would be even more important.

Those having the top tier centre zones dont have to be there as its passive income, and thats the problem
    • The add to SInatra's point above the removal of OW storage options accompanied with much longer travel times in the amount of zones needed to cross to reach T7/T8 content has been a major deterrent for people to even bother trying. Once again for example if I choose to take a stroll over to Darkbough Snag I have to run at minimum 7 zones from any point whether you use the BZ city or a realm gate portal. This is a huge amount of enemy territory to run through only to also get penalized for having nowhere to drop any loot off once I secure some kills. So now I need to decide to just run BACK the 7 zones again on a regular basis to drop off or keep trying to get kills with all loot on me knowing at some point I will probably be zerged down since assuredly I have been called out after the first couple kills. The design is just not suited well or attractive for any non HO player to bother venturing into the center zones. That same issue also applies though to any other zerg BZ guilds who do not own center HO's. This leads to the center zones actually being quite safe because of how annoying it is to even bother going there to fight. It has little to do with fear of fighting the people owning center zones and much more to do with how much of a pain in the ass SBI has made it to even bother doing it with the new design. ADD back storage camps to the OW immediately. This will bring back activity to the BZ. The current BZ is dead as fuck we all see this I have to assume you are aware of this as well.