Improvement to the Luxury Goods System

• Improvement to the Luxury Goods System

Luxury Goods Were created in the 1st place to promote trading between the "side cities".
      It adds an additionnal reason to do transports between 2 cities which is great, but the system lacks depth imo.
      Now in the current system, most people don't bother picking up T4 and T5 luxury goods because they just take some slots in your inventory & are usually too heavy for the silver they give.

I believe that the system has to be changed:

Proposition 1:
      • Give players the possibility to transmute 4 T4 luxury goods to T5 and 4 T5 luxury goods to T6
      • I believe this could be done in an artifact foundry (of any city).
      • I usually pick all the goods (like I pick trash items too) and store them in warcamps / my island "dump" chest but never bring them back, or I bring them last after T4 runes.
      Proposition 2:
      • An alternative would be to keep the 5 to 1 ratio but allow the transmutation to be made directly from the inventory / bank.
      • You can then just put them in your warcamp/ hideout and only transport T6 back to town.

What does that create?
      • more trading possibilities
      • more value to lower tier goods

PS: (or simply delete them?)

Edit: I added a new Idea down here (click here to go the the post) Let me know what you think

The post was edited 1 time, last by Gugusteh ().

• OceanSpirit wrote:

I think the luxury goods need an actual value besides silver and easier to stack/transport.

If they could return resources of the city (Thetford gives cloth) relative to the tier that could be interesting...

If you manage to transmute to T8 you get T8 resources of X amount.
      I believe that SBI won't add any other way beside gathering & laborers to generate raw / refined resources, but I believe that something similar could be done.
      I'll try to think of a more complex and (hopefully) interesting Idea to give them more interest beside just being special silver bags, i'll most likely create a new thread for that (that I'll link here)
    • Introduction & context:
      Luxury goods are an under-developped feature that doesn’t add the value it should.

In terms of loot :
      • The T4 luruxy goods are considered a bad loot, and they are either not picked up or picked up to be stashed and sold for cheap (usually they are giving a good margin for the people transporting them
      • The T5 are considered worth for some people and kinda act as a middle ground where they aren’t really worth a lot for the player who pick them up, but still add some value to the loot.
      • The T6 are decent / good loot but don’t really provide happiness, and most people would prefer a T6 item of the same value than a luxury good.

In general the goods are in a pretty bad place right now, and they just fill the bags or the banks.
      The problem comes partly from the lack of depth of the system and the weight of the goods.

After opening a thread on the matter here is what I got from people :
      1. Remove the goods since they add little to no value
      2. Goods are a « niche » way to make money through transport but can be profitable for people who invest in them.
      3. Goods could have more uses and would need to be more than just silver in the form of another item

So I obviously will go towards the 2 last points of feedback since the 1st one isn’t really helping much (even though if nothing is done on them, it would be accurate).

Goods must have the following attributes :
      • be droppable from any place (blackzone mobs / royal continent…)
      • be linked to the city they belong to to promote transporting them to this city
      • have a scaling value according to the tier

Objective:
      I would like to tackle multiple issues with this system since I believe it has the potential to do it :

• The lack of royal sigil generation
      • The high price of faction capes
      • The faction system lack of possibilities (partly)
      • And of course the luxury good lack of depth

Improved concept : Faction Trade packs .
      There are already the known trade missions generating extra faction hearts, but one huge problem remains :
      Faction capes have a high entry price and changing their cost would have a big impact on the economy.

Now here is the concept :

Creating a Faction Trade Pack would cost :
      1. Luxury goods from the original city
      2. Leather and Cloth of the tier of the luxury goods
      3. A cape crest of the tier of the luxury goods
      Doing a trade mission with such pack, back and forth would give :

1. A faction cape « pack » that would need to be crafted later
      2. An amount of faction points relative to the distance of the trade

Why a faction cape « pack » and not a simple cape ? To keep the interest of cape crafters.
      Crafting a cape from this pack would benefit from specs & focus with a return rate on the resources invested initially.

Now one city stays out of the equation : Caerleon.
      It has luxury good but doesn’t have a faction and a faction cape.

The idea would be similar but would generate royal sigils :
      You can create a royal pack from each faction « captain » that will have to be traded at an outpost near caerleon. The outpost where the pack has to be traded would be placed at the opposite of caerleon.
      The royal pack would cost Caerleon Luxury goods of the tier of the desired royal sigils.
      As the other packs this would have to be transported back and forth and would yield royal sigils.

In the end we end up with :

• More faction flagged transports & more trades between cities
      • A good interest for luxury goods
      • A way to reduce the price of lower capes without devaluating too much the city hearts
      • A way to produce royal sigils by « risky » activities in the royal continent

I hope this suggestion sees the day, since it would, imo solve a lot of issues at once.
      Let me know what you think of that.
    • mm in general i find almost no one want to produce royal sigil... its more of a chore.

So i do think some way to bring this into factions, and maybe a mission trades X amount for sigils...

it brings up other issues too...

faction capes that dont scale 100% need fixed > all items that dont scale need to be fixed. any item that you can bring a T4 and its as good as a T8.3MP is simply bad design
    • blappo wrote:

mm in general i find almost no one want to produce royal sigil... its more of a chore.

So i do think some way to bring this into factions, and maybe a mission trades X amount for sigils...

it brings up other issues too...

faction capes that dont scale 100% need fixed > all items that dont scale need to be fixed. any item that you can bring a T4 and its as good as a T8.3MP is simply bad design
      Royal sigils are heavily used currently for royal hoods and royal sandals which are used in most clapper builds.
      This would also allow SBI to potentially update the royal armors & introduce royal weapons.

When it comes to faction cape scaling it is another issue that has nothing to do with that and that shouldn't be brought here tbh. I'm addressing the entry cost of the capes here, not the items themselves.
    • I was thinking about hidden treasures the other day and how much they do not correlate anymore with the massive travel required in new BZ with extremely limited storage available (WCs mostly nonexistent). I think they should just convert these to straight silver reward now. Reward players for riding around in the BZ exploring right away up front instead of requiring the need to run these treasures back somewhere to sell. More incentives/rewards for people being out in the world is good and will lead to more PvP opportunities as well.