Zergion Online is a Fun game

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• sandstorm22 wrote:

Doowie wrote:

This thread is turning into my morning read with coffee!
      Agree it is entertaining. Especially the guy that is role-playing as an obnoxious know it all defending and promoting 15v1 encounters. It has to be a role-play because no one could actually be such an ignorant twat. Could they?
      As opposed to you who demands and cries "it's not faiiirrr!!!" in a full-loot pvp game?

My arrogance is only a small fraction of this entitlement-attitude I'm arguing against.
    • SBI in one of the forum topics announced that they are planning to do something with portal ganking, and in next update give some love small scale and solo players. So looks like, BZ's vision where players can play alone or in a small group and gankers learn to hunt for victims and really gank is prefered by game developers.

It's nice to know that times will come back when gankers need some skill and move around the map :)
    • sandstorm22 wrote:

Doowie wrote:

Agree it is entertaining. Especially the guy that is role-playing as an obnoxious know it all defending and promoting 15v1 encounters. It has to be a role-play because no one could actually be such an ignorant twat. Could they?
      Promoting 15v1 and telling people to L2P imagine that.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Owlsane ().

• Theat wrote:

Owlsane wrote:

Ikcen wrote:

So, go play Path of Exile, which in fact is not a MMO, but a FOA game. You are not a victim, you are a noob. Learn to play the game.
      You're cute.
      He's right though.
      You're a victim, a lil bitch.

Crying? No, I'm not crying. I'm not the one who tries to change the entire game because I died 1v15. That's you. My counter-arguments is to prevent Albion Online going the Trammel UO route.

You, LordSilva, CaptainRussia, are the little pricks trying to nerf the game and turn black zone into blue zone.

To repeat my conclusion, if you can't survive black zone, you don't deserve to be there. LEARN 2 PLAY
      In 2 days i did 65m in loot from my Portal ganking. I am completely against this gank portal situation, because it is bad for the game, and if you do not understand the real reason why I am saying this it is because you do not understand Albion Online. And that's your problem because you are the one who will have to adapt to the evolution of the game.
    • Niefart wrote:

SBI in one of the forum topics announced that they are planning to do something with portal ganking, and in next update give some love small scale and solo players. So looks like, BZ's vision where players can play alone or in a small group and gankers learn to hunt for victims and really gank is prefered by game developers.

It's nice to know that times will come back when gankers need some skill and move around the map :)
      I'm aware of this.

SBI is giving into little whiners, and slowly turning the black zone into blue zone, because of posters like you, Owlsane, LordSilva, CaptainRussia -- some of the worst players/representatives of Albion community.

Ganking should be *BUFFED*, not nerfed. Buffing ganking and pvp will strengthen Albion in the long run. Nerfing it, only weakens the game further.
    • Theat wrote:

Niefart wrote:

SBI in one of the forum topics announced that they are planning to do something with portal ganking, and in next update give some love small scale and solo players. So looks like, BZ's vision where players can play alone or in a small group and gankers learn to hunt for victims and really gank is prefered by game developers.

I'm aware of this.
      SBI is giving into little whiners, and slowly turning the black zone into blue zone, because of posters like you, Owlsane, LordSilva, CaptainRussia -- some of the worst players/representatives of Albion community.

Ganking should be *BUFFED*, not nerfed. Buffing ganking and pvp will strengthen Albion in the long run. Nerfing it, only weakens the game further.
      Its fun because either you can't read comprehension or you know that you are such a weak player that without portal ganking you can't play pvp.
      For 90% of the "life" of the game, there was no ganking portal, players entered BZ and ganked there, ganked and slowly learned from their mistakes, just as gankers learned how to catch and where to look for their victims. Only recently the BZ map change brought this cancer, which is the ganking portal in the current form, so like returning to the time before the previous big patch, to the old methods of ganking "turning the black zone into blue zone". This is just a fix to correct recent deficiencies and restore BZ to its original form. Ah, and it's just your opinion that there should be a selection of who can and who should not enter through the portal. On the Albion site there have long been links to guides approved by the SBI. In one of them, as far as I remember, they recommend trying their luck at BZ just after geting t4. So give yourself this nonsense.
      I'm not saying that ganking is supposed to be nerfied, I also think it should be buffered, but this really demanding skill, where ganking is similar in number to the victims and they must try to find, catch and kill the victim.Personally, I would like to see bnuffy for small scale ganks squads and at the same time introduce an increased trash rate with an increasing number of players.
      Yes, besides, the only crying and complaining person in this topic is you, because you lose your source of income and that it was harmful to the game, and it was completely not subject to the risk vs reward principle, you're not interested at all.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Niefart ().

• Nah im start playing Albion on 1st day, then game leave early access. I was intrested in game before, but I I didn't want to support EA (dont like this metod of distribution).
      And yes earlier, there were also people ganking portals but they were mainly weak players learning to play. The old construction of the maps and the distance between the portals meant that they could be handled with no problem. They also did not occupy all city portals for most of the day.
      Formerly the most dangerous were direwolf squads. It is true that they also attacked several people using the fact that these expensive and then the fastest mounts, in combination with pre reworked BL gave a drastic advantage over players who could not afford the wolf, but they at least had the skill to find a player on the map instead wait in the place where he MUST appear.

BTW u all time call old players elites, at the same time, you don't want new players to have access to BZ. Looks like uhave some complexes on this background ;)
    • Doowie wrote:

CassX wrote:

Doowie wrote:

If you're really doing this over morning coffee, I feel sorry for you.
      Nah no need to be sorry, it's either reading the news about what is happening in the world, which is just as depressing.
      This isn't news though, it's the same every day..
      Like a lot of roosters coming together in one dump and fighting.
      :D
      Some people don't realize AO is just a game. :)
    • +1 80% of my deaths are to portal campers, like lets be honest its impossible to gank correctly without numbers since the off screen name tag update/gallop buff, and having your mount out next to you (gathers or simply killing some dire wolves or something).

I feel completely safe as soon as i leave the portal zone, its kinda a joke how safe you are.
    • Theat wrote:

Niefart wrote:

Only recently the BZ map change brought this cancer,
      Oh, I get it, you're a new player with no experience of the last 2 years of Albion.
      Now it all makes sense.

If you were a veteran of Albion, you would know what you just said is an outright lie.
      loool
      You started playing this game with a completed separation of zones, you don't understand anything about what is really a black zone completely connected to the map of the red zones as we had in Beta1, that was doing Gank properly, not this crap with everything made easy and the victims delivered on a tray.

All the changes caused in the game and which affect the activity of Gank, are caused by the gankers themselves, because we are extremists and when something works, we take it to the extreme.
      In all games, when something is extreme, it takes a nerf. Sorry, now stop crying and learn to adapt.
    • Portal ganking is needed in this game.

It is on a similar level as any other Zerg gameplay except it is the one with lowest skill requirements..

Imagine 90% of the players are casuals, someone like some of the posters ..

No skill, already on a challenge to play warbow kite or claws on reflect and Merc chest .almost overchallenged to chain claws

And u have the black zone ..where at least some people partially know what they do

They would be never successful in anything u cannot outnumber, but let's talk commercial, we need their money to let our game run..

And in order they spend the money they need some sort of successful PvP. So let Theat gank, and win some, if it is overwhelming ..increase portal range deeper in BZ

But we need some success for low skill people that they pay for the game we are playing..

So we need the option to 10 on 1..
    • Well, it was inded a very long read.
      @Theat, relax and try to be civilized, this is not the pigsty you live in. If you wanna be heard and respected you need to learn to respect aswell.

As for the topic:
      The portal ganking is bad when you are returning from the run you are doing right? You rarely get caught when you leave the portal, it's when you try to get back to the city with loot.

The solution is kinda simple:
      1st - Add Town Port Scrolls based on the map you are. (T5 scrolls you can TP back home from T5 maps, etc). As for the costs should be around 100k per tier starting from T5. (T5 = 100k, T6 = 200k, etc...).
      They could be dropped from places like Crystal League, that is not from the BZ, forcing players that want to drop this portals to be more safe in the BZ to have to buy them or go enjoy more from the game other than bz. Or even Hellgates.
      This would remove the high end portal ganking and the only ones that are caught are the ones with low profit, this world not ban the portal ganking but lower the profit from then, that would discourage then to continue like this, and these pts would roam the map to gank.
      Portal gankers could even buy lots of them to inflate the market and make TP not worth.

2nd - Buff resources from blackzone.
      If the first is accepted the node (respawn rate / resource count) should be increased a little, since the population from bz would increase.