Zergion Online is a Fun game

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• what you guys fail to notice is that there's no balance in that regard.

15 players ganking one single player returning from deep bz to the portal is idiotic but, alas, i agree... it is a sandbox game.

However, i don't feel like gank protection is enough, in my example, i was ganked by around 15 players. At least 7 were melee.

The damage reduction and CC reduction buff to a single player versus 15 is non existant.

Being ganked is not the problem. Being ganked with ZERO chances of escaping, despite how good you are is nonsensical.

That brings back my point on why not capping alliances is a wrong move: as of now, in albion, numbers matter a lot more than skill. And that is wrong on my humble pov.

In the exemple above, using hellion jacket against at least 7 players gave my health back almost completly.... for half a second, before another huge burst of damage, and a perma stun.

Not even mentioning demon capes aoe stacks.
    • leaving the portal gate is not that hard tbh but at one point you have to come back, i don't mind it to much as it's part of the game for so long but imo it's really a poor gameplay for gankers (and obv victims) and i would never take part in such bs. That does not ask much bravery for sure but every alliance does it. Well without me !
    • Tabor wrote:

Ganking is literally the most unskilled form of PvP that exists in Albion. How do you figure a buff in this area adds value? Do you think more people will venture into the BZ if they have severely limited options of survival against groups of 8 mindlessly running around in circles or camping gates ready to pounce on any solo player they see? Ganking should exist and can even be occasionally fun. But easy mode ganking has to go.

Exactly my point.

No balance.

If you have numbers a proper debuff should balance things out.
    • Theat wrote:

Again, if you can't fight your way out of a Realm Gate map, then you don't deserve to be in the Black Zone.

This Avalon map is really really bad in one way, all the BZ guilds simply hide in their hideouts. So as Gluttony mentioned, the only "pvp" available for non-mega-alliance guilds and players is near the realm gates. If SBI caters to the pussies, whiners, carebears, and babies, (which they will), BZ will become one step closer to blue-zone. The bubble-immunities are already laughable. They last forever and halfway smart players abuse them, going in and out of exits in a zone to escape what would otherwise be certain death. However, the whiners on the forum, aren't even smart enough to figure this tactic out, and demand more immunities.

Nerfing ganking will destroy the game. Buffing ganking will improve it. Also it is one of the few areas small-guilds and small-alliances have left, because mega-alliances essentially Content-Block them out of the end-game.

I already know my position is lost. SBI will cater, and cater, and cater, and cater to the forum cry-babies, who represent less than 1% of albion players.

Eventually they will introduce "Trammel", which will destroy Albion, as it did with UO. Inevitable.

Captainrussia wrote:

In all fairness though -> Your survival instinct should tell you that you probably should not be running SRDG near the portals? Go 3-4 zones deep?SBI is already working on a re-design, probably involving the Invis shrines, like the 3 "rest city" outposts.All he does is portal gank/solo dungeon dive with a group in flat 4 or flat 5 gear with a Bloodletter (actually his recent Killboard looks a bit better then last week, when it was all flat 4 BL builds):
      albiononline2d.com/en/scoreboa…rs/6fxXcSacTuSI6Z9i-KPfDg
      Clueless as usual, Captain, do you ever tire of being wrong time and time and time again?
      • You sound like the typical subpar PvP player who gathers his buddies to camp people at the zone exists to/from the portal map. I've seen your kind plenty in the last 2 days: 6+ people who just sit in front of the zone exit points
      • I'd be curious to see you "earn your stay" in the black zones when every exit is camped by groups of 6+ people; I bet you can't
      • You really do show your true colors if you consider camping portal zones to be the only PvP available when there are 2vs2, 5vs5 HG, ZvZ and Crystal League available - or are you just that bad at PvP and have to compensate for it that way?
      • You do realize you make no sense: you favor camping portal zones as the only "real PvP" and yet you complain that mega-alliances act as content blocker towards smaller guilds? Good one
      • Any credible source for this claim of "...cater to the forum cry-babies, who represent less than 1% of albion players"?
    • Tabor wrote:

Ganking is literally the most unskilled form of PvP that exists in Albion. How do you figure a buff in this area adds value? Do you think more people will venture into the BZ if they have severely limited options of survival against groups of 8 mindlessly running around in circles or camping gates ready to pounce on any solo player they see? Ganking should exist and can even be occasionally fun. But easy mode ganking has to go.
      Bullshit.

Your opinion is what ruined Pre-Trammel Ultima Online, and is slowly destroying the integrity of Albion.

GTFO with your carebear attitude.

BUFF ganking. REMOVE bubbles and immunities.

Let the tears flow!
    • Benin wrote:

what you guys fail to notice is that there's no balance in that regard.

15 players ganking one single player returning from deep bz to the portal is idiotic but, alas, i agree... it is a sandbox game.

However, i don't feel like gank protection is enough, in my example, i was ganked by around 15 players. At least 7 were melee.

The damage reduction and CC reduction buff to a single player versus 15 is non existant.

Being ganked is not the problem. Being ganked with ZERO chances of escaping, despite how good you are is nonsensical.

That brings back my point on why not capping alliances is a wrong move: as of now, in albion, numbers matter a lot more than skill. And that is wrong on my humble pov.

In the exemple above, using hellion jacket against at least 7 players gave my health back almost completly.... for half a second, before another huge burst of damage, and a perma stun.

So join a guild and quit playing solo.

Lofthild wrote:

Theat wrote:

Again, if you can't fight your way out of a Realm Gate map, then you don't deserve to be in the Black Zone.

This Avalon map is really really bad in one way, all the BZ guilds simply hide in their hideouts. So as Gluttony mentioned, the only "pvp" available for non-mega-alliance guilds and players is near the realm gates. If SBI caters to the pussies, whiners, carebears, and babies, (which they will), BZ will become one step closer to blue-zone. The bubble-immunities are already laughable. They last forever and halfway smart players abuse them, going in and out of exits in a zone to escape what would otherwise be certain death. However, the whiners on the forum, aren't even smart enough to figure this tactic out, and demand more immunities.

Nerfing ganking will destroy the game. Buffing ganking will improve it. Also it is one of the few areas small-guilds and small-alliances have left, because mega-alliances essentially Content-Block them out of the end-game.

I already know my position is lost. SBI will cater, and cater, and cater, and cater to the forum cry-babies, who represent less than 1% of albion players.

Eventually they will introduce "Trammel", which will destroy Albion, as it did with UO. Inevitable.

Captainrussia wrote:

In all fairness though -> Your survival instinct should tell you that you probably should not be running SRDG near the portals? Go 3-4 zones deep?SBI is already working on a re-design, probably involving the Invis shrines, like the 3 "rest city" outposts.All he does is portal gank/solo dungeon dive with a group in flat 4 or flat 5 gear with a Bloodletter (actually his recent Killboard looks a bit better then last week, when it was all flat 4 BL builds):
      Clueless as usual, Captain, do you ever tire of being wrong time and time and time again?
      • You sound like the typical subpar PvP player who gathers his buddies to camp people at the zone exists to/from the portal map. I've seen your kind plenty in the last 2 days: 6+ people who just sit in front of the zone exit points
      • I'd be curious to see you "earn your stay" in the black zones when every exit is camped by groups of 6+ people; I bet you can't
      • You really do show your true colors if you consider camping portal zones to be the only PvP available when there are 2vs2, 5vs5 HG, ZvZ and Crystal League available - or are you just that bad at PvP and have to compensate for it that way?
      • You do realize you make no sense: you favor camping portal zones as the only "real PvP" and yet you complain that mega-alliances act as content blocker towards smaller guilds? Good one
      • Any credible source for this claim of "...cater to the forum cry-babies, who represent less than 1% of albion players"?

Wrong as usual.

I've done everything in this game, solo, 2v2, small group, 5v5, gvg, 10v10, 20v20, 100v100, 200v200. I started a new-player friendly guild and teach new players how to survive in this game, because I want to give access to content. This game is about KNOWLEDGE and SKILL. Those crying, are usually solo players, carebears, town-sitters, who believe they are ENTITLED to the black zone. You're NOT. You have to work for it, and work hard. It takes months and over a year to become 'comfortable' in the black zone. There is a huge barrier-of-entry, and this is a GOOD thing about the game. It should be RAISED, not lowered. Ganking is often the first step players take to go into the black zone.

There are many, many methods to deter gankers. The first is to GROUP UP and learn to fight together. This is another thing you and your type are refusing to do. Again, it's entitlement-attitude. Solo players, new players, small inexperienced groups, believe you are ENTITLED to the black zone.

You're not.

Join a veteran guild. Learn the game. Learn the methods. Learn the skills. Learn to associate guilds and alliances. Learn what times of the day are active, learn when they are inactive.

LEARN, instead of bitching and crying on the forum.

But the whining is loudest. The LEARNING is hardest.
    • Theat wrote:

Benin wrote:

Lofthild wrote:

Theat wrote:

Captainrussia wrote:

Wrong as usual.

I've done everything in this game, solo, 2v2, small group, 5v5, gvg, 10v10, 20v20, 100v100, 200v200. I started a new-player friendly guild and teach new players how to survive in this game, because I want to give access to content. This game is about KNOWLEDGE and SKILL. Those crying, are usually solo players, carebears, town-sitters, who believe they are ENTITLED to the black zone. You're NOT. You have to work for it, and work hard. It takes months and over a year to become 'comfortable' in the black zone. There is a huge barrier-of-entry, and this is a GOOD thing about the game. It should be RAISED, not lowered. Ganking is often the first step players take to go into the black zone.

There are many, many methods to deter gankers. The first is to GROUP UP and learn to fight together. This is another thing you and your type are refusing to do. Again, it's entitlement-attitude. Solo players, new players, small inexperienced groups, believe you are ENTITLED to the black zone.

You're not.

Join a veteran guild. Learn the game. Learn the methods. Learn the skills. Learn to associate guilds and alliances. Learn what times of the day are active, learn when they are inactive.

hmm funny

You have 3 statement:

A) l2p
      B) get better
      C) Noob

Right now it is the C) theme..

Too bad u cannot downvote here
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

hmm funny
      You have 3 statement:

A) l2p
      B) get better
      C) Noob

Right now it is the C) theme..

Too bad u cannot downvote here
      Indeed, we should downvote all the whiners who die in BZ, running solo on tier 4 mounts, crying on the forums.

Albion is a good teacher. You can only do so much solo, in-game and IRL. You need to learn to work with others.

But, I know, it's asking far too much from this kind.... low-expectations. Whining is easiest-mode.
    • You by no means should have to be a "vet" player just to enter the T5 BZ. Once again this is the design flaw. The entrance to the BZ and surrounding low tier zones should absolutely not be where the majority of PvP happens that should be in the T7 and T8 zones. The reward is much higher in current design in end game zones but those same zones currently carry the lowest risk of death while portal zones have 0 reward and have the highest risk of death. That makes no logical sense. Player behavior will always be dictated by available mechanics and design.
    • Tabor wrote:

You by no means should have to be a "vet" player just to enter the T5 BZ. Once again this is the design flaw. The entrance to the BZ and surrounding low tier zones should absolutely not be where the majority of PvP happens that should be in the T7 and T8 zones. The reward is much higher in current design in end game zones but those same zones currently carry the lowest risk of death while portal zones have 0 reward and have the highest risk of death. That makes no logical sense. Player behavior will always be dictated by available mechanics and design.
      No, it's not a flaw. It's a perk. It's the essence of Albion.

If you can't survive the Black Zone, then GET OUT and STAY OUT.

For those who adapt, survive, love pvp, love challenge, learn to play.

Many of us our fighting everyday for our *RIGHT* to be there.

If you want access to BZ, you go through US. Ask permission, maybe you'll get it.

...maybe not.
    • I'm still surprised that we have a boomer like @Theat that played during the old days of ganking when most of the time you would actually see 1v1 n' shit in the blackzone frequently like it was the main thing as pvp content.

Feels like he become a weak man and decided to throw his mentality into the cuck route of joining a guild to bang with 20 each night to slap some random that passed by.

I'll wait to see this type of content to be destroyed hard and won't forget to smirk on your face when the day will come.

Before you throw your victim's card of "GNEU GNEU GNEU u carebear, week and nub l2pl2pl2pl2p retared piece of shit go kill yourself" i will agree with ganking needing to be buffed but guess what the only thing that should be buffed is actually n+0 fights or every fights where the victims or gankers are winning undernumbered. Winning by n+20 cuck gameplay should never ever be rewarded and should be the biggest waste of their time ever so i will support 100% the trash rate scaling depending of n+x fights, multiple portals, size increasing gates, etc etc

The post was edited 2 times, last by Owlsane ().

• Owlsane wrote:

I'm still surprised that we have a boomer like @Theat that played during the old days of ganking when most of the time you would actually see 1v1 n' shit in the blackzone frequently like it was the main thing as pvp content.

Feels like he become a weak man and decided to throw his mentality into the cuck route of joining a guild to bang with 20 each night to slap some random that passed by.

I'll wait to see this type of content to be destroyed hard and won't forget to smirk on your face when the day will come.

Before you throw your victim's card of "GNEU GNEU GNEU u carebear, week and nub l2pl2pl2pl2p retared piece of shit go kill yourself" i will agree with ganking needing to be buffed but guess what the only thing that should be buffed is actually n+0 fights or every fights where the victims or gankers are winning undernumbered. Winning by n+20 cuck gameplay should never ever be rewarded and should be the biggest waste of their time ever so i will support 100% the trash rate scaling depending of n+x fights, multiple portals, size increasing gates, etc etc
      Ridiculous. Nice straw-man argument.

I spend my time teaching new-players how to PVP and survive. Is it my fault that my gank groups grow to 4, to 6, to 8, to 12, because they are successful and new players want to learn? No, it's not my fault. And I will continue to do so. Last I checked, you are one of the Elitists with your Hideouts, safe-zones, and terries deep in BZ, Owlsane. Who's the hypocrite here?

PS. There's still plenty of 1v1 and good fights, if you have the patience to look for them and try them. But you would know that, if you weren't an Elitist.
    • Theat wrote:

Benin wrote:

Lofthild wrote:

Theat wrote:

Captainrussia wrote:

Wrong as usual.

You're not.

• You claim to have done everything there is, but portal ganking in a group is "the only PvP" available?
      • Enlighten me where the skill is in "Bring as many people as you can to gank solo/small groups"
      • It takes a few days to get comfortable in BZ, as the only thing you have to adjust for are mindless gank groups camping portal zones or entry point to/from the portal zones
      • Just earlier you complained how mega-alliances act as a content-blocker towards smaller guilds, and now you advocate for more barriers? You make 0 sense
      • Your "recommendations" are intriguing:
        • First you tell people playing a sandbox that they HAVE to group up to be able to withstand the constant portal ganking
        • Then you use the good old ad hominem of them "refusing" and being "entitled" if they're not doing that
        • I'm entitled to have counter-plays against 10vs1 portal ganking groups, as right now there are only 3 portals per faction, I can't use a zone exit/entry while being attacked etc.
      • I'm pretty confident in my knowledge after playing for 1 months, but I can't counter-play obvious game shortcomings which are exploited
      • Btw: you really shouldn't label other opinions "whining" when you fail to withstand a simple test of coherence("mega-alliances act as a content-blocker towards smaller guilds" // "We need more barriers-of-entry")

I forgot the best part: do you "deserve to be" in the black zone, or do you have to rely on a big group to protect you from gankers?
      If it's the latter you clearly don't "deserve to be" in the black zone.
    • Doowie wrote:

The downside to portal camping is it will reduce the number of people entering that zone, once people start to communicate the problem. However; this isn't something that Sandbox really needs to address as there is no violation of the rules or abuse of the gameplay mechanics.

Just remember that players will find ways around systems to protect players from being ganked, be it finding another choke point or something, which puts the advantage of the situation in their favour.

But in my personal opinion ganking is part of a PvP game and has been since the days I played Ultima Online.
      I agree with you - but this time SBI was a little short sighted(?) when they designed these portal zones...

... and since the update is new and big, some mistakes along the way could have happened, the lack of multiple exits is a flaw in their design and needs to be addressed.

The post was edited 1 time, last by DildoSwaggings ().

• Theat wrote:

Ridiculous. Nice straw-man argument.
      I spend my time teaching new-players how to PVP and survive. Is it my fault that my gank groups grow to 4, to 6, to 8, to 12, because they are successful and new players want to learn? No, it's not my fault. And I will continue to do so. Last I checked, you are one of the Elitists with your Hideouts, safe-zones, and terries deep in BZ, Owlsane. Who's the hypocrite here?

PS. There's still plenty of 1v1 and good fights, if you have the patience to look for them and try them. But you would know that, if you weren't an Elitist.
      Show me the results of your research about me being an ellitist with a hideout, safe zones, terries deep in bz. Expose me and my hypocrisy.

I'm quite confident that either you have nothing and all is sweet talk or your last check on me was like 2 years ago OMEGALUL.

Pretty much everybody knows that between me and you the real hypocrite and ellitist is by far you.

Now prove me wrong.
    • You can't prove negatives, so ridiculous of you to demand it.

Look, there's a stark-difference between new players, solos, versus elitists and mega-alliances (Owlsane) in the Black Zone. I have run with the Elitists for a long time. So I know how you operate. Since Season 6, I've mostly been playing with new players to the game. I spend most of my time teaching them and getting them ZVZ-ready. So I'm not an Elitist, like you Owlsane. I'm anti-Elitist, in this sense. Have you ever spent time showing new-players the ropes? Definitely not. However, that is your choice. And your choice represents what the forum and reddit has been bitching about for weeks. The bottom-half of the game population, wants to nerf Mega-alliances, nerf monopolies, etc. And there are good reasons for it.

As mentioned here and elsewhere, the Mega-alliances are more powerful than ever. If a new-player wants to go into the black zone, the Elitists are all hiding in Hideouts. Black Zone is safer for end-game players than ever before. Black Zone is harder and more dangerous for new-players than ever before. Are SBI "fixing" it? No, they're making it worse. And by nerfing Ganking, they're going to continue to make matters worse. Ganking is one of the last remaining BZ activities that new-players have, and can do, and can learn, before small guilds and alliances are completely shut-out of the Black Zone.

You and the other whiners in this thread, don't have a clue, because you represent two opposite ends of the division. Elitists vs Noobs. So if you don't have a valid criticism, or can't point-out the real problems and mechanics of the games, your opinion doesn't mean shit.