Zergion Online is a Fun game

• Zergion Online is a Fun game

It's fun because if you are not in a zerg you can be ganked by not 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 players, but 15 players hunting SOLO`s near the portal exiting the black zone. It`s fun because there`s no CC protection agaisnt huge numbers, so i can be perma stunned.

But no no no skill matters, i killed 10 before going down with all my loot. 15 vs 1, what a fun game.
    • The downside to portal camping is it will reduce the number of people entering that zone, once people start to communicate the problem. However; this isn't something that Sandbox really needs to address as there is no violation of the rules or abuse of the gameplay mechanics.

Just remember that players will find ways around systems to protect players from being ganked, be it finding another choke point or something, which puts the advantage of the situation in their favour.

But in my personal opinion ganking is part of a PvP game and has been since the days I played Ultima Online.
      Forum Rules
      Contact customer support via: support@albiononline.com

The post was edited 1 time, last by Doowie ().

• Theat apparently just wants this to be a dead game or is just trolling I cannot tell which with his nonsensical responses. Bad mechanics leading to brain dead PvP = bad because player base drops off a cliff. As an avid PvPer (which is all I do) I want MORE target available to kill which I will not have until some of these design flaws are addressed.
    • GluttonySDS wrote:

Go clear gankers or just use the portal theyre not ganking.... people are portal ganking more now because it is the ONE place you will be gauranteed to find people on a map that is way too big.

Run 50 zones and see 10 people (most of whom run right into hideout) or patrol 2 zones and see 50 people.... its an easy decision.
      The problem is when all the portals are being ganked and also the proximity between the portals, here in fort sterling I have seen ganker groups in more than 1 portal simultaneously.
    • Benin wrote:

It's fun because if you are not in a zerg you can be ganked by not 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 players, but 15 players hunting SOLO`s near the portal exiting the black zone. It`s fun because there`s no CC protection agaisnt huge numbers, so i can be perma stunned.

But no no no skill matters, i killed 10 before going down with all my loot. 15 vs 1, what a fun game.
      In all fairness though -> Your survival instinct should tell you that you probably should not be running SRDG near the portals? Go 3-4 zones deep?

Sinatra.SUN wrote:

The rampant portal camping is idiotic, and quite incredible that SBI doesnt adress it.

just make 3 entrances into the portal zones instead of 1. Creating a choke where everyone has to go when going back to town is pretty weird design.
      SBI is already working on a re-design, probably involving the Invis shrines, like the 3 "rest city" outposts.

Theat wrote:

They should remove bubbles from realm gates and exits.

Ganking should be buffed, not nerfed.

Bad idea SBI.

Tabor wrote:

Theat apparently just wants this to be a dead game or is just trolling I cannot tell which with his nonsensical responses.
      All he does is portal gank/solo dungeon dive with a group in flat 4 or flat 5 gear with a Bloodletter (actually his recent Killboard looks a bit better then last week, when it was all flat 4 BL builds):

albiononline2d.com/en/scoreboa…rs/6fxXcSacTuSI6Z9i-KPfDg
    • "Use the portal" their not ganking would be a decent option when that opportunity is available. The statement to just mass people to kill the gankers is a ridiculous one that the majority of people do not have the ability to do even if they wanted. Second even if you did waste time and energy massing a group the gankers just tuck tale and temporarily run since they do not want an actual fight. To expect the player base to go through that time and energy to simply step foot in the BZ is insanity. Makes much more sense to change the "easy mode" ganking of those zones instead and stop providing incentives for unskilled play.
    • Again, if you can't fight your way out of a Realm Gate map, then you don't deserve to be in the Black Zone.

This Avalon map is really really bad in one way, all the BZ guilds simply hide in their hideouts. So as Gluttony mentioned, the only "pvp" available for non-mega-alliance guilds and players is near the realm gates. If SBI caters to the pussies, whiners, carebears, and babies, (which they will), BZ will become one step closer to blue-zone. The bubble-immunities are already laughable. They last forever and halfway smart players abuse them, going in and out of exits in a zone to escape what would otherwise be certain death. However, the whiners on the forum, aren't even smart enough to figure this tactic out, and demand more immunities.

Nerfing ganking will destroy the game. Buffing ganking will improve it. Also it is one of the few areas small-guilds and small-alliances have left, because mega-alliances essentially Content-Block them out of the end-game.

I already know my position is lost. SBI will cater, and cater, and cater, and cater to the forum cry-babies, who represent less than 1% of albion players.

Eventually they will introduce "Trammel", which will destroy Albion, as it did with UO. Inevitable.

Captainrussia wrote:

In all fairness though -> Your survival instinct should tell you that you probably should not be running SRDG near the portals? Go 3-4 zones deep?SBI is already working on a re-design, probably involving the Invis shrines, like the 3 "rest city" outposts.All he does is portal gank/solo dungeon dive with a group in flat 4 or flat 5 gear with a Bloodletter (actually his recent Killboard looks a bit better then last week, when it was all flat 4 BL builds):
      albiononline2d.com/en/scoreboa…rs/6fxXcSacTuSI6Z9i-KPfDg
      Clueless as usual, Captain, do you ever tire of being wrong time and time and time again?
    • Ganking is literally the most unskilled form of PvP that exists in Albion. How do you figure a buff in this area adds value? Do you think more people will venture into the BZ if they have severely limited options of survival against groups of 8 mindlessly running around in circles or camping gates ready to pounce on any solo player they see? Ganking should exist and can even be occasionally fun. But easy mode ganking has to go.