Zergion Online is a Fun game

    • Tabor wrote:

      The majority of people calling for the portal zone changes are not asking for ganking as a whole to go away. It just should not be happening in such high frequency in the STARTER black zone areas and the limited entry spots players are forced to use right now because of the poor BZ design. Ganking should be happening out in the BZ somewhere while people are playing content of some sort not simply the first 20 seconds of trying to walk into the BZ. I 100% agree that ganking PvP is popular because well frankly it does not require much skill or even much coordination so it will always be a popular activity for the masses. However it just needs to toned down in the portal zones because once again we will stunt BZ activity if the damn entry zone ends up being the first impression of what players see.

      Another fix they could do is just add another realm gate to each city that takes players straight to a T7 zone. This would end up taking most of the gankers to that location instead as well as limited the insane amount of zone travel required these days to reach most high tier zones. The risk would be high here for those choosing the quicker travel portal so the reward would be much less travel time needed. It would also free up the lower tier entry BZ portals for the more risk adverse/newer players. I still think "zone exit" camping in general needs to be looked at in some fashion. Strategically setting up gank spots in a zone somewhere you think would be high travel takes at least a modicum of skill but setting up at an exit you know players have no choice but to use takes all the skill and risk away because you can also just simply exit if a group walks up to fight you.
      ^this
    • Benin wrote:

      It's fun because if you are not in a zerg you can be ganked by not 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 players, but 15 players hunting SOLO`s near the portal exiting the black zone. It`s fun because there`s no CC protection agaisnt huge numbers, so i can be perma stunned.


      But no no no skill matters, i killed 10 before going down with all my loot. 15 vs 1, what a fun game.
      Find more people, fight back. This is the core of the game, you cannot just play it solo, you have to be social. When you are 1 vs 15, this is your fault, because these 15 players communicated and organized. And indeed, that makes the game fun. Much more fun than the so called MMO games where everyone plays solo and nobody really cares what the other people do.
    • Ikcen wrote:

      Benin wrote:

      It's fun because if you are not in a zerg you can be ganked by not 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 players, but 15 players hunting SOLO`s near the portal exiting the black zone. It`s fun because there`s no CC protection agaisnt huge numbers, so i can be perma stunned.


      But no no no skill matters, i killed 10 before going down with all my loot. 15 vs 1, what a fun game.
      Find more people, fight back. This is the core of the game, you cannot just play it solo, you have to be social. When you are 1 vs 15, this is your fault, because these 15 players communicated and organized. And indeed, that makes the game fun. Much more fun than the so called MMO games where everyone plays solo and nobody really cares what the other people do.
      Whats the fun of killing a soloer with 10+ gankers? Are you just to afraid to do 10vs10 or other more equal fights?

      In every MMO i played there are soloers, even the old ones like DAOC, not every player is intrested in group play or they just dont have time for it.

      Fact is that AO have a big solo community and they deserve a spot in this game to, and not only in the royals.
    • Ikcen wrote:

      Benin wrote:

      It's fun because if you are not in a zerg you can be ganked by not 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 players, but 15 players hunting SOLO`s near the portal exiting the black zone. It`s fun because there`s no CC protection agaisnt huge numbers, so i can be perma stunned.


      But no no no skill matters, i killed 10 before going down with all my loot. 15 vs 1, what a fun game.
      Find more people, fight back. This is the core of the game, you cannot just play it solo, you have to be social. When you are 1 vs 15, this is your fault, because these 15 players communicated and organized. And indeed, that makes the game fun. Much more fun than the so called MMO games where everyone plays solo and nobody really cares what the other people do.
      I do not agree with this statement. This game is not only for ZvZ and fighting in groups of 10+ people.Since its creation, it has advertised itself as a sandbox where you can do whatever you want, play solo, in small groups, be a gaterer, crafter and participate in the epic battles of hundreds of players.Simply over time, changes in mechanics and the influx of players, the SBI cannot keep up with modifying the game so that all these activities are easily accessible to the average player at once. Currently, N + 1 and mega alliance dominate the world of Albion, effectively blocking content for solo players and small guilds.The fact can sometimes group up to deal with a harassing large group but the problem is that currently you would have to do it all the time, unable to take the content that we are really interested in. Not to mention that the life of a gaterer from outside the mega alliance is very hard especially in prime time (because of work and family some cannot afford to play at other times).


      By the way, in the future I would like to see how SBI creates questionnaire available after logging into account in game, where each player selects 2-3 answers about the content he is most interested in. Based on the players' voice, the developers would place more emphasis on the most popular options. Of course, this would not mean that the rest will not be updated at all, just the most popular = desired by most aspects of the game would get more attention / time when creating next patches. I bet that small scale pvp would lead in this poll leaving your ZvZ, group group ganking and my solo player far behind.
    • Ikcen wrote:

      Benin wrote:

      It's fun because if you are not in a zerg you can be ganked by not 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 players, but 15 players hunting SOLO`s near the portal exiting the black zone. It`s fun because there`s no CC protection agaisnt huge numbers, so i can be perma stunned.


      But no no no skill matters, i killed 10 before going down with all my loot. 15 vs 1, what a fun game.
      Find more people, fight back. This is the core of the game, you cannot just play it solo, you have to be social. When you are 1 vs 15, this is your fault, because these 15 players communicated and organized. And indeed, that makes the game fun. Much more fun than the so called MMO games where everyone plays solo and nobody really cares what the other people do.
      • Clearly: it's my fault as a solo player when people like you are out ganking 15vs1 and calling it "PvP"
      • You clearly admit that 15vs1 is fun, which in turn means that you don't find balanced PvP fun(HG, Crystal League) - the question is why? Are you scared/too bad to seriously PvP and 15vs1 ganking is a substitute for that?
    • Ok let's just debunk for good all this BS i've seen from some people here in this topic :

      Ikcen wrote:

      you cannot just play it solo, you have to be social.

      Ok, let's remove every solo content avaliable in this game. Since solo gameplay shoudn't be a thing by your logic. That means good bye gathering, solo static dungeon, essence farming, treasure hunintg yati-yata-yata.
      Now i'm basically forced to just wait my friends to log in after their RL stuff to finally play the game. Great big brain move from you my friend.

      Basically your argument is completely BS, i don't know why to say more to you. I also don't know what was your brain process to even think that taking the Cashcow generic P2W MMOS that badly designed their game to reward solo gameplay was a good argument. There is not even the slightest think to even compare between Albion Online and thoses games.

      Ikcen wrote:

      When you are 1 vs 15, this is your fault, because these 15 players communicated and organized. And indeed, that makes the game fun.
      I guess it's "my fault" then. I mean yea, i used this argument for 1v3 to 1v5 gansquads but that's not the point. Should the 15 guys be rewarded with 50% chance of having the gears intact and 90% of the ressource for killing 1 dude? ABSOLUTELY not. Risk vs reward is clearly not applying correclty there and that should be fixed asap. => scaling thrash rate and ressource loss depending of the n+x factor. The game should reward skilled and risky gameplay and not braindead gameplay (and no communication with 15 people does not require high iq communication, i've been there to comfirm that it desn't require that much).

      BS debunk from Ikcen :check:

      Maszke wrote:

      Waaah i don't like this! please SBI NERF IT!!

      Honestly, can you try before crying? Thanks!
      Can you have a brain and think that people have tried? Thanks!

      Might help you not to embarass yourself you chuckelfuck.

      Theat wrote:

      Again.... there's no such thing as a "real fight". And you're foolish and naive to believe it. *EVERYBODY* looks for advantage in BZ, whether it be terrain and mobs in 1v1, or 10v1 fast mount gankers chasing down a gatherer deep in BZ.

      You and the other whiners, are simply crying, and ruining the game, as you did with GVG. You and the whiners ended your "fair" argument when Albion tears removed GVG from the game.
      How can he casually defend n+1 unfair fights and comme to us talking about us "destroying" GvG which is instanced n+0 fights without any possibilities to put n+1 factor in it? Hello, IQ check pls?

      GvG got killed? Check yo facts pls? Since Queen patch GvG got expodentially increased and everybody has access to it. GvG back then was linked to territory control. Territories control was a huge deal making that 5 dude should be on point in their gameplay. In the end, only less than 5% of the playerbase was really involved in GvG. Now that GvG is not linked to territory control but is simply a side content for guild season points, everyone that wanted to really be involved in GvG's can now do it.

      Don't come with your GvG BS argument anymore.

      Theat wrote:

      Any *nerf* to portal zones will only push the ganking to the next map, which I guarantee will be the case.
      That's the whole FUCKING POINT you muskrat. The BZ pvp should BE EVERYFUCKINGWHERE IN THE WHOLE BZ CONTINENT AND NOT 95+% ONLY ON AND AROUND PORTALZONES.
      You can't even see the problem here, i'm amazed about your non existant self-awareness about that. Pre-queen n+15 ganking was there, but funny enough it wasn't that much of an issue back then because portals wasn't all separated by 1 map. That made pvp content more sporadic. You talk about ganking getting nerfed from that but it will be buffed since more people will come to the BZ knowing that they have less odds to be fucked by 15 dudes without even getting out of the portal map.

      And like i've said before about the n+15 mongoloid gaking braindead gameplay, having no risk should not reward you at all. No risk = no reward. You should reward risk and skilled gameplay. Killing 1 dude that easily and having that much of loot is broken pvp gameplay. Now it's up to you and your friends to go and bully randoms in the BZ but clearly you should not get away with free loot like that.
      YOU COME CRY ABOUT PRE-TRAMMEL UO DESTROYING THE GAME BUT YOU'RE BASICALLY PROMOTING TO THE SAME LEVEL OF DESTROYANCE FOR ALBION ONLINE. YOU'RE A PATHETIC DISASTER TO THIS GAME.
      Heck i would be happy to just have thoses portals move 1 map further them just to force people to roam around the whole BZ just to make PvP more sporadic and present in the BZ overal. It's so sad that past the portal you have almost to none pvp action.



      BS debunk from Theat :check:

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Owlsane ().

    • Jessie wrote:

      Whats the fun of killing a soloer with 10+ gankers?
      Easy death, easy money!
      This is the only mentality of Portal gank everything else in this activity is brain death. That's why this activity is very appealing, because anyone, even with a lot of experience, can play it.

      The extremely negative side of this situation is the fact that it is these players themselves who claim that the BZ map is deserted when they are the ones that prevent the correct population of the map.
      But then when suggestions appear to minimize the impact of Portal gank on the game, they complain that we are taking the bread out of their mouths.
      We are sorry, if something is incorrect in the game, benefiting only a few, it has to be changed. We did the same with the removal of GvGs from the conquest of territories, this is an equal situation!

      And I'm glad to know that my proposal, even if it is not applied 100%, will still have a positive impact on the game.

      ps: @Owlsane plz m8, don't feed the trolls, they multiply!

      The post was edited 1 time, last by LordSilva ().

    • Owlsane wrote:



      Ikcen wrote:

      When you are 1 vs 15, this is your fault, because these 15 players communicated and organized. And indeed, that makes the game fun.
      I guess it's "my fault" then. I mean yea, i used this argument for 1v3 to 1v5 gansquads but that's not the point. Should the 15 guys be rewarded with 50% chance of having the gears intact and 90% of the ressource for killing 1 dude? ABSOLUTELY not. Risk vs reward is clearly not applying correclty there and that should be fixed asap. => scaling thrash rate and ressource loss depending of the n+x factor. The game should reward skilled and risky gameplay and not braindead gameplay (and no communication with 15 people does not require high iq communication, i've been there to comfirm that it desn't require that much).
      BS debunk from Ikcen :check:
      Yes it is your fault. I play mostly solo, it happens to be ganked. This is not fun. But this is the game. I do not cry, as it is just a game. It is my fault if I cannot join 15 players and fight back. These gankers stay there. Often most of them have debuf, and cannot use the portal. If you cannot fight back - this is your fault.

      If you cannot socialize in Albion -you are just a bad player, as socialization is an essential skill for every player in this game. And that is what makes Albion a good MMO.
    • Ikcen wrote:

      Yes it is your fault. I play mostly solo, it happens to be ganked. This is not fun. But this is the game. I do not cry, as it is just a game. It is my fault if I cannot join 15 players and fight back. These gankers stay there. Often most of them have debuf, and cannot use the portal. If you cannot fight back - this is your fault.
      If you cannot socialize in Albion -you are just a bad player, as socialization is an essential skill for every player in this game. And that is what makes Albion a good MMO.
      Still not the point. Also i'll repeat myself i've used the argument against victims too. Idk why you come back to this...feels like you can't read well enough.

      Btw each interaction with other people, regardless of what it is, trading, talking, banding, fighting with or against is in fact a socializing trait. The argument that playing solo on an MMO is in fact fallacious arguments.

      EDIT : Let's just put your argument to the test and to the ground for good with an actual popular and good MMO : Path of Exile. This game speaks for itself and just proves that banding is not everything. Now you can stop using this argument.

      Ikcen wrote:

      These gankers stay there. Often most of them have debuf, and cannot use the portal. If you cannot fight back - this is your fault.
      They stay there for a reason right? Post-queen portals are basically heaven for this type of content because it's badly designed. Each portals are 1 map away from the another. Add the braindead mentallity that cannot be changed that easily and you have a dead BZ right now where the vast majority of pvp content is around portal zones. Ironically, that wasn't that much of an issue pre-queen since portal zones wasn't hugging themselves. Ironically, pvp content was way more sporadic and for every size. How amusing.

      Now :

      Should be the bz content only involved around portal zones? No it should be everywhere in the bz
      Should 15 dudes be rewarded and getting away with the lootbag containing 50% of the gears and 90% of stackable item of 1 solo dude everytime? Absolutely not.

      Keep defending that toxic gameplay, embarass yourself.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Owlsane ().

    • Owlsane wrote:

      Ikcen wrote:

      So, go play Path of Exile, which in fact is not a MMO, but a FOA game. You are not a victim, you are a noob. Learn to play the game.
      You're cute.
      He's right though.

      You're a victim

      Crying? No, I'm not crying. I'm not the one who tries to change the entire game because I died 1v15. That's you. My counter-arguments is to prevent Albion Online going the Trammel UO route.

      You, LordSilva, CaptainRussia, are the little pricks trying to nerf the game and turn black zone into blue zone.


      To repeat my conclusion, if you can't survive black zone, you don't deserve to be there. LEARN 2 PLAY

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Evas_Flarelight: Edited out a few words. ().