End of solo farm keep on albion for loot

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• End of solo farm keep on albion for loot

You can see the big difference between the drop before the changelog #5 and after the changelog.

Here is an example of 10 maps drop solo dungeons T6:

Before:
      zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=20/09/24aq.jpg

After:
      zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=20/09/9ewo.jpg

Note that it is the same for all levels from T6 to T8 that i tested this afternoon.
      The only notable difference is that you drop more items T4/T5 if the chest is epique or legendary.
      And i can say in 15 dungeons my best drop is a shoes T6.1 :S :S :S :S

Have fun
    • Not making good money or even close to what you would risk for the fame run isn't good at all... that loot is complete trash.

... I didn't PvE before because it wasn't worth it, now looking at this, I won't be going anywhere near a fame farm. Jesus, who thought this was a good change? ?(

Here's loot from an 8.1 solo dungeon map:

reddit.com/r/albiononline/comm…_loot_change_81_solo_map/
      Tired of LAGGING in-game? Try ExitLag;
      Use this LINK & code 'ROBIN' for 20% off any plan!
      youtube.com/c/robinhoodrs

The post was edited 1 time, last by Robinhoodrs ().

• deipop wrote:

You can see the big difference between the drop before the changelog #5 and after the changelog.

Here is an example of 10 maps drop solo dungeons T6:

Before:
      zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=20/09/24aq.jpg

After:
      zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=20/09/9ewo.jpg

Note that it is the same for all levels from T6 to T8 that i tested this afternoon.
      The only notable difference is that you drop more items T4/T5 if the chest is epique or legendary.
      And i can say in 15 dungeons my best drop is a shoes T6.1 :S :S :S :S

Have fun
      I think the BM has not re-adjusted (yet).

Robinhoodrs wrote:

Here's loot from an 8.1 solo dungeon map:

reddit.com/r/albiononline/comm…_loot_change_81_solo_map/
      Also I thought the lowest tier loot that can drop in a dungeon is minus two (-2) tiers... so a t8 dung would at the lowest drop t6 gear? Is this a bug? @Korn
    • Rough and here i thought the loot would be better for t7 and t8 randoms. Maybe not better in lower tiers but I hope the loot in t7 and t8 is better, Before the patch it was already pretty bad. I also believe the blackmarket is hurtting alot more in caerleon because people arn't bring-ing high tier gear all the way from the BZ to the other cities then to caerleon, The current placement of the blackmarket could be a major issue reguarding loot drops.
    • Captainrussia wrote:

Also I thought the lowest tier loot that can drop in a dungeon is minus two (-2) tiers... so a t8 dung would at the lowest drop t6 gear? Is this a bug? @Korn

Hi everyone,

recently there have been a lot of concern over high value chests (e.g. Rare T8 chests) that could have no or next to no loot besides some silver bags and runes.

This change is supposed to address this issue without changing the overall value of a chest.

So as to not reduce tier 7 and 8 loot chances by too much, while at the same time increasing the chance to find anything at all, we added tier 4 and 5 loot to high tier chests.

Best regards,
      Thorn

PS: We would like to channel all feedback to this issue here: [26. February 2020] Queen Patch 5
    • Jesterbudd wrote:

That second link is trash.... did you mix the two up? I would much rather the first pool.
      So the number one top complaint about loot from chests was that there were never items. So the developers made it so that there were more items.

They didn't however make the total silver value higher, so this is the world we live in.

He is saying the second link is worse though.

deipop wrote:

It would have been more helpful if you had shown everything in the second picture. You included silver bags in the first image but not the second, for instance.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
      "The purpose of existence is simple: everything is fuel for the magmaw." —Jaji, magmaw worshipper
    • Piddle wrote:

Jesterbudd wrote:

That second link is trash.... did you mix the two up? I would much rather the first pool.
      So the number one top complaint about loot from chests was that there were never items. So the developers made it so that there were more items.
      They didn't however make the total silver value higher, so this is the world we live in.

He is saying the second link is worse though.

deipop wrote:

It would have been more helpful if you had shown everything in the second picture. You included silver bags in the first image but not the second, for instance.

I did not have enough space on the screen to put the money. As it is not the most important for me compared to what I compare
    • I tend to do mostly Greens and blues in the T5-8 zones. I get more loot playing alone than I would in a group of 5. I don't understand why there is'nt a multiplier when playing in a group (BLUES). The past 2 weeks I have gotten more T3 gear and T4 runes than ever before .

I truly hope the loot has increased over all and not just smooshed so more crap is taking up my bag space, I would be happy to get I T6-8 in If I did 10 dungeons but as it stands I have to do around 30-40 to get that one item.

The falling value of all items under T6 really hurts the grind of doing dungeons, from my perspective.

I will update later on after I have a few days to kinda gauge what has really changed but from the above pictures it seem like they just don't give you drops you would use or sell just more blues to trash. Ether way I enjoy the game but it's just pushing me away from PVE content.
      This is the fault in relying on a player base to supply the market I guess.
    • The major issue here is not the loot itself but the Blackmarket access overall. @Eltharyon The amount of t6+ items being sold to the blackmarket itself has decreased by over 50% I'm willing to bet this with my life.
      Because people arn't bringing items from the Blackzone to the royal
      cities with portals then bringing them to caerleon, Its to much work for
      the reward which in return is only hurting the blackmarket, The
      blackmarket needs to be moved to a better location for easy access its
      simply to far.

Example, The blackmarket before queen was located in Caerleon which
      caerleon had the Merica portal which was the highest tier zones with the
      best t8, This made the location for the blackmarket perfect, Now with
      caerleon having no portal no one is bringing t8 mats or t7 mats and no
      one is crafting t8 or t7 gear in caerleon which means t8 and t7 gear
      isn't being sold to the blackmarket which in return is making theses
      tiers really rare to drop because the blackmarket just doesn't have the
      t7 and t8 supply it needs. The problem wasn't the loot tables the problem IS and still is the blackmarket location.
    • Neef wrote:

The major issue here is not the loot itself but the Blackmarket access overall. @Eltharyon The amount of t6+ items being sold to the blackmarket itself has decreased by over 50% I'm willing to bet this with my life.
      Because people arn't bringing items from the Blackzone to the royal
      cities with portals then bringing them to caerleon, Its to much work for
      the reward which in return is only hurting the blackmarket, The
      blackmarket needs to be moved to a better location for easy access its
      simply to far.

Example, The blackmarket before queen was located in Caerleon which
      caerleon had the Merica portal which was the highest tier zones with the
      best t8, This made the location for the blackmarket perfect, Now with
      caerleon having no portal no one is bringing t8 mats or t7 mats and no
      one is crafting t8 or t7 gear in caerleon which means t8 and t7 gear
      isn't being sold to the blackmarket which in return is making theses
      tiers really rare to drop because the blackmarket just doesn't have the
      t7 and t8 supply it needs. The problem wasn't the loot tables the problem IS and still is the blackmarket location.
      What's preventing players from accessing the black market location?

Fear. Working as intended. Don't like it? Pack up some goods and ferry them over to Caerleon.

The problem is the players, not the game.
      T8 All Gatherer - T8 All Refiner - T8 Rare Animal Breeder

Newbie questions are welcome! <3 <3

Referral Link: Play for free today!
    • Crane wrote:

The problem is the players, not the game.
      The problem is both. People are wildly lazy and risk averse in this game. If they spent 1/10th the time riding an ox to caerleon, that they do on RDs, they would never be on the forums complaining about loot.

That said the game is responsible because the BM does exist. If loot wasn't based off of varied and conflicting other interests in the game we wouldn't have these weird loot cycles brought about because of it being the BMs job to handle.

BM should stay where it is though. As long as the BM gives the best prices, it should be gated by both risk and the time/effort involved in getting stuff there.

Get done lazy little crafters! No longer will you be overly rewarded for camping one cities markets. Welcome to AO the logistics and supply chain simulation. You will have to wait for contracts so that you can trick/reward other players/suckers into doing the menial tasks you are too lazy or scared to. Such as riding through 2 red zones by yourself.

MUAHAHAHAHA muahahahahaha! <cough>

Sorry, about that.
      "The purpose of existence is simple: everything is fuel for the magmaw." —Jaji, magmaw worshipper
    • Jesterbudd wrote:

A lot of new players don't even know the BM is a thing tho
      I actively talk about the BM in any new-ish player crafting thread anywhere I see it, because of that. But, I don't usually have to because someone else has already.

So I agree with your statement, and think that the game does a poor job of making players aware of the BM and exactly what, and how, it does it. But, the barrier to entry for that knowledge is publicly asking for any crafting tips/tricks, or what a new player needs to know about crafting, and you get told about it. That's not really a huge effort.

You can even just "search" the forums or reddit for crafting and find dozens of instances of threads with crafting in the title, and people talking about the BM.