Prevent player corpses from turning into skeletons (maybe a toggle option). One practical and one aesthetic reason

• Prevent player corpses from turning into skeletons (maybe a toggle option). One practical and one aesthetic reason

It’s a minor gripe with this already amazing game, but it is a gripe nevertheless. I’d like it for player corpses to not turn into skeletons when the victim respawns. Essentially, keep them naked on the ground. I say this for two reasons, one practical and one aesthetic.

Practical reason to keeping player corpses naked rather than turning into skeletons:

It’s a massive quality of life change as looting after the combat is over is significantly easier. How many times after a ZvZ is over do you go back to loot the enemies only to have to waste time with checking every single loot bag because you can’t tell which loot bag is empty or not. It’s a great pain having to do it for every single bag, and sometimes you end up skipping over loot because you can’t be bothered to check the 30 or so bags on the ground, because you just assume it’s all picked clean. I’ve certainly found a few bags over the past couple days that are full of loot but have been skipped, and I’m sure I’m not the only one.

Now, it’s not going to alleviate every single problem, as it’s not going to help with non-equipped items, but being able to tell with a glance that a corpse still has armor on is way easier than checking every single glowing bag only to find trash.

Aesthetic reasoning:

I find it much more appealing to see flesh and blood corpses on the ground rather than skeletons. Seeing a lot of skeletons on the field reminds me of a battle that took place long ago, even though it didn’t. It took place just a couple minutes ago. It makes the end of a ZvZ that much better, to some people anyways.

And also, I like the look of flesh corpses better than skeletons. I think the models look way better, and it’s just more pleasing to look at

Anyways, it’s a pretty low-priority suggestion compared to the bugs and balance issues, but I’d be the happiest person in Albion if it ever got implemented sometime in the future, or at the very least taken into consideration.