Looking for Forum Moderators

• Looking for Forum Moderators

Hi everyone,

Good day! We are looking for additional Forum Moderators for the following Languages:

• English
      • German
      • French
      • Russian
      • Portuguese
      • Turkish
      • Spanish
      • Polish

Please note that you must also be able to speak some English for the above roles, as this is the main language we communicate in within the mod team.

For moderation in other languages than English, we will place a strong focus on content creation, such as translation of Developers’ Statements and other news, renewing old guides, assisting in forum contests and generally being helpful towards other forum members.

If you are qualified and interested please send your application to moderators@albiononline.com

You can indicate any other relevant information you prefer, but make sure to include the following:

• Character name
      • Previous forum moderation experience and duration of that experience
      • Any other experience you feel will be beneficial for this role
      • Why you would like to join the moderation team
      • Channel you want to moderate (English, Spanish, Russian, etc)
      • Other languages you speak (if any)
      • When you joined the community and how long you have been playing Albion Online
      • Average weekly playtime

Feel free to let us know if you have additional questions.

- Mytherceria & Mod Team

Mytherceria#3744
    • Hey everyone,

Thanks very much for applying, we've seen a lot of interest, which is amazing by the way!

Just wanted to let you know that we are sifting through the applications, but this might take a bit of time, as I'm still clearing the backlog for previous in-game moderation applications. So please be patient with us, we will get through it as soon as we can!

- Mytherceria & Mod Team

felipe128 wrote:

Mytherceria wrote:

generally being helpful towards other forum members.
      I guess this should be the key feature/commitment. So many unhelpful/toxic mods out there.
      Good job team, and good luck in recruiting!

Lol, well we want moderators to welcome newbies, and answer questions (where they can) that other players might have, especially beginners at the game.

Doowie wrote:

*rubs his chin*

Hmmmm.... *thinking face*

Hollywoodi wrote:

Excuse me to give You a hint

deepl.com

My experience is, that outperform 80% of native speaker in translation..it is incredible strong.

Yeah I've used this app before, it's super useful! But we still want the personal touch and support with having more people on the moderation team.

Mytherceria#3744
    • Luquee wrote:

Fusionbomb wrote:

I don't really see why it would, but I was wondering more along the lines of... naked bank duels, robbing guilds, ponzi schemes, etc. :P

although i suppose ppl that do those things probably dont help answer beginner questions on the forum, typically lol
      I agree haha, I believe the inclination to help people will be the most important.
      Unfortunately, there are many players that we consider "toxic" by the community that can present themselves as candidates.
      I believe that all the actions of these players may have someone in their choices, but I also believe that it must be difficult many times for the team to know that Player A or Player B is considered a toxic player by the community.
      Then you have the separation between forum and game, many are toxic in the game, in the forum, in the twitch, in the Mixer and the like but those know well who they are and should not even apply, lol
    • LordSilva wrote:

Luquee wrote:

Fusionbomb wrote:

I don't really see why it would, but I was wondering more along the lines of... naked bank duels, robbing guilds, ponzi schemes, etc. :P

although i suppose ppl that do those things probably dont help answer beginner questions on the forum, typically lol
      I agree haha, I believe the inclination to help people will be the most important.
      Unfortunately, there are many players that we consider "toxic" by the community that can present themselves as candidates.I believe that all the actions of these players may have someone in their choices, but I also believe that it must be difficult many times for the team to know that Player A or Player B is considered a toxic player by the community.
      Then you have the separation between forum and game, many are toxic in the game, in the forum, in the twitch, in the Mixer and the like but those know well who they are and should not even apply, lol
      Yes it must be really hard for albion's team to separate this kind of play maybe they can base themselves on past punishments and also on history in the forum and discord.

I know that even so, unfortunately some of them end up going unnoticed.
    • LordSilva wrote:

Unfortunately, there are many players that we consider "toxic" by the community that can present themselves as candidates.I believe that all the actions of these players may have someone in their choices, but I also believe that it must be difficult many times for the team to know that Player A or Player B is considered a toxic player by the community.

I understand your concern, but we do the usual background checks and keep an eye out for their activities in the community as a whole. I can't go into detail about the measures we have in place, but we are aware of the situation and do our best to prevent it from happening.

Mytherceria#3744
    • From my experience, when a "toxic" person is employed/hire either both in a paid job or in an voluntary capacity, their true character appears very quickly and they are swiftly removed from said position.

I have faith that Sandbox are doing everything within their ability to vet each application, before a decision is made on each applicant.
      Forum Rules
      Contact customer support via: support@albiononline.com
    • Consider expanding and strengthening the posting guidelines as well.

You should also consider changing the text on the post report function to include a larger group of infractions. Currently it fails to cover anything other than the top 1% of terrible behavior. The, "other questionable (racism, glorification of violence, offending, or sexist)" part is particularly amusing to me, since considering the things in the parenthesis to just be "questionable" is questionable to me. Any infraction against the posting guidelines should be reportable.

Honestly, if you added "Don't refer to other users/players in a derogatory manner." and "Posts that do not add to the discussion will be removed". And you enforce them. You will have a very small group of people very angry for a short period of time, and then the forums will be better for everyone going forward.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
    • Piddle wrote:

Consider expanding and strengthening the posting guidelines as well.

You should also consider changing the text on the post report function to include a larger group of infractions. Currently it fails to cover anything other than the top 1% of terrible behavior. The, "other questionable (racism, glorification of violence, offending, or sexist)" part is particularly amusing to me, since considering the things in the parenthesis to just be "questionable" is questionable to me. Any infraction against the posting guidelines should be reportable.

Honestly, if you added "Don't refer to other users/players in a derogatory manner." and "Posts that do not add to the discussion will be removed". And you enforce them. You will have a very small group of people very angry for a short period of time, and then the forums will be better for everyone going forward.
      Thank you for the suggestions @Piddle.