Combat Timer

• Combat Timer

The combat timer is way too short, anyone with slightly more mobility can use soup essentially while they're still in combat because it will kick in before your sprint even resets... it also is terrible for open world because it lets people just mount up immediately when they fall behind in a chase when realistically they should still be in combat.

Another problem with this is it makes it way too easy to swap out gear. I actually like swapping, it adds a layer of skill to the game... but this makes it ridiculously easy to reset and swap...

The post was edited 1 time, last by JonnnyBones ().

• JonnnyBones wrote:

The combat timer is way too short, anyone with slightly more mobility can use soup essentially while they're still in combat because it will kick in before your sprint even resets... it also is terrible for open world because it lets people just mount up immediately when they fall behind in a chase when realistically they should still be in combat.

Another problem with this is it makes it way too easy to swap out gear. I actually like swapping, it adds a layer of skill to the game... but this makes it ridiculously easy to reset and swap...
      holy F

Where u all crawl out

I have been arguing this for the last year without backup

And now everything I have been fighting for has tremendous amount of backup
    • I agree this is a problem, Also entering a flag area in royals should lock you into flagged mode longer after leaving, There many times where you chase people out of the area and your healer stops being able to heal you just because he didn't auto attack the other guys to stay in "flagged mode" then they just turn and murder your buddy while you can't do anything.
    • I also think the in combat timer should be extended for PvP combat, but specifically in hellgates. There is a skill to creating the space needed activate the out of combat regen, but the current timer seems to favor a mobility builds bit much. I would be in favor of adding a few more seconds to the out of combat timer in HG.

I don't see the timer as an issue in open world.

Perhaps there could be some sort of De-buff for regen. Like a "Regen-sickness". The Base timer to get out of pvp combat for regen is 20s. If a large portion of your Health is regen at once(lets say 50 or 75%) a debuff(~3min) could be applied that would require you to be out of combat 30s the next time to get the regen. The idea being if the enemy was close to gettting you down once, but you regen all your health back you would need to work harder to escape the 2nd time.

Edit: Gear Swapping could also apply the debuff i guess
    • I don't think the combat timer needs to be extended. Sounds like a gathering nerf.

Neef wrote:

Also entering a flag area in royals should lock you into flagged mode longer after leaving, There many times where you chase people out of the area and your healer stops being able to heal you just because he didn't auto attack the other guys to stay in "flagged mode"

I think the easy solution to this would be to allow the healer to "renew" their flag by healing, not just attacking.
      Fusionbomb - GM of Morbidly_Obese

T8 Axe/Sickle/Pickaxe/Skinning/Stone
      T7 Fishing

100/100/90/100 Holy Specs
    • Fusionbomb wrote:

I don't think the combat timer needs to be extended. Sounds like a gathering nerf.

Neef wrote:

Also entering a flag area in royals should lock you into flagged mode longer after leaving, There many times where you chase people out of the area and your healer stops being able to heal you just because he didn't auto attack the other guys to stay in "flagged mode"
      I think the easy solution to this would be to allow the healer to "renew" their flag by healing, not just attacking.
      Yeah that would also work as it should put the healer into pvp state as healing someone else does put you into combat and if they have the crimal buff you also get it, This would be the best option I agree.
    • combatsandwich wrote:

I also think the in combat timer should be extended for PvP combat, but specifically in hellgates.
      Definitely! ;)

combatsandwich wrote:

I don't see the timer as an issue in open world.
      I do, I've literally had 2v1s where the 2 people take turns getting out of combat and mounting up to run me out of stats.

Fusionbomb wrote:

I don't think the combat timer needs to be extended. Sounds like a gathering nerf.

Neef wrote:

I don't see why gatherers should be kept in combat longer, it could actually be a buff to gatherer's if it's taking their attackers longer to get out of combat and mount up.
    • I would create Regen sickness

If u get out of combat, it Regens as of today, but has a 60 or 90 seconds cooldown after it has fully regened you or breaks on damage

So after it regened u once, it is on CD

U could still solo FF, you could still be regened, as it was supposed but, this stupid crazy Regen would be gone

Also skipping would be much more tricky as it should

On top - why does agro break so early? It destroy so much tanking, interesting fame farming, hellgate would be much more interesting, srd skip .etc...u simply go two steps away ..and mob says.."okay see you".. that is so lame

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hollywoodi ().