[26. February 2020] Queen Patch 5

• just a basic reply but you all have to do something about quality of life for solo players and small guilds , that part of the game is steadily declining with any larger guilds and alliances just completely shutting out areas to the point of bullying almost , our guild personally has had a steady flow of completely new players ready to play the game and even excited but once they have been ganked in solo dungeons by other guilds with 6 man dungeon diving parties or are completely shut out from any tier harvesting over t5 they get rightly discouraged and have since fallen away from the game , there's been so many full on tyrant guilds out there lately its killing the game and it will continue dying at this rate,along with that me personally i think you need to do something about cultists robes either cut the healing down or something,
      paired with a spektor hood and spec its a pretty one sided fight unless you happen to be wearing a build specifically able to counter it which also kind of defeats the purpose of being able to build your own builds when one combo is that out of control, i dont know hopefully you guys figure something out soon with these issues
    • PrintsKaspian wrote:

Small Tier 7 and Tier 8 nodes now spawn fully charged (Tier 7: 3 charges, Tier 8: 2 charges)

Small Tier 7 node respawn time tripled (26100 seconds to 78300 seconds)

Small Tier 8 node respawn time doubled (68300 seconds to 126600 seconds)
      Mind baffling decision making here. Yes it was certainly annoying to only find nodes with 1/3 or 1/2, but it's a hell of a lot better than finding nothing. One small node is now on a 22 hour respawn? I don't even think the big nodes were that long of a respawn time...

Just revert it back to pre-Queen status when all nodes were big, and increase total nodes of t7/t8 in the respective zones.
    • Mytherceria wrote:

Hi everyone,

Regarding the Randomized Dungeon Loot Changes, I have forwarded your concerns about this to the devs.

Just to give a brief summary of why the changes were made: Following feedback that players were unhappy about the loot, the goal was to ensure that there would always be loot in these chests.

Since loot is provided through the Black Market system from other players crafting and selling items, the only way to ensure that the chests always contain items is to include a lot of lower value items in them, as there are not enough higher value items to fill all the chests.

An alternative to this could be to offer fewer chests, but with higher value items. Please let me know if you would prefer that and I'll get this over to the dev team.
      Yeap, i think it would be much better. Even if there would be only 1 chest per dungeon , but with valuable loot - it would be very cool. If this is possible , without hurting in-game blackmarket system , add this please.

Too much trash T4-5 items as drop is not a solution for high Tier dungeons, if this will not be changed in future. First i thought that BlackMarket needs "some time" to drop off all useless T4 items , during the first days , so it could start giving players more valuable higher tier items on the loot table. But if this is not working in such way - it is bad change.

Most people are just ignoring and deleting T4 items from inventory.
    • @Mytherceria SRDs need to both be worthwhile to run in general AND have that fun random chance for a valuable piece of loot. To what Equart said above I feel like players would rather have that occasional high tier item than they would 15 flat 4 pieces (most people literally just live that shit in the chests and do not loot it). However more importantly while the SRDs are definitely not dead content in the black zone I do feel they are under utilized. I would consider the below changes.

• Increase the silver loot per mob so the dungeon runners still get some additional value out of the run even if they get dove/killed. The occasionally big BM item drop is great but the standard SRD run also needs to at least be somewhat worthwhile as well.
      • Consider a message notification system when the total amount of people in the SRD has reached 3 or more players. This change would encourage SRDs to finally truly become the solo content Albion desperately needs. There are far to many divers ruining this content by diving with 3+ which also causes PvEers to start running these things with excessive sizes of 3+. Let's push this content to be solo as intended. Sure you could say players would abuse this system by using a scout at entrance but players ALREADY can use a scout if they so choose today. This system would also still allow players to attempt to dive or run with more than 1 it just would prevent the lopsided encounters from happening without notification. While this system would not be perfect I do think it would bring more life to SRDs.
    • So I just spent a bit of time analysing the changes of the patch in more details.

This is a comparison on a solo purple chest (rare) of the old value vs the new one

Dungeon TierT6T8
      Loot T411x moreApprox. the same*
      Loot T52.7x moreSame amount*
      Loot T61.5x less3.1x more
      Loot T711x less1.1x less
      Loot T88.5x less1.45x less

*For T4 and T5 in T8 dungeons I take for reference the new T6 amounts (since it didn't exist in T8 before).

As I said on a previous post: T6 solo dungeon loot was almost fine. A slight addition of T4 and T5 (maximum 2x more) is what would have been enough and a nerf on T7 and T8 drops accordingly.

For T7 and T8 dungeons adding T4 and T5 (for T8) doesn't add value of the chests, since it's pretty much irrelevant items compared to the loot you're aiming for.
      What should have been done is a similar increase on T6 loot.
      example: instead of looting nothing (previously) or 3 T4 items (currently), the player loots 1 T6 item.

The thought process of adding lower tier items to the chest is good, but it was definetly overtuned here and an in-between should be done imo.
    • The problem with populating high tier chests with T4 is that T4 isn't seen as a reward by most people. It's seen as something not worth picking up because it takes up an entire inventory slot and its value in terms of silver/kg is super low.

So it is like winning something you didn't want in the first place. I thought they were just going to remove some of the "silver" from the T+1-2 item drops and add it to the T0 and T-1-2 item drops. Breaking the loot charts so that T8 dungeons poop out T4 loot is a little weird, and honestly bad.
      Discord: Piddle#7413 "The purpose of existence is simple: everything is fuel for the magmaw." —Jaji, magmaw worshipper
    • Tabor wrote:

@Mytherceria SRDs need to both be worthwhile to run in general AND have that fun random chance for a valuable piece of loot. To what Equart said above I feel like players would rather have that occasional high tier item than they would 15 flat 4 pieces (most people literally just live that shit in the chests and do not loot it). However more importantly while the SRDs are definitely not dead content in the black zone I do feel they are under utilized. I would consider the below changes.

• Increase the silver loot per mob so the dungeon runners still get some additional value out of the run even if they get dove/killed. The occasionally big BM item drop is great but the standard SRD run also needs to at least be somewhat worthwhile as well.
      • Consider a message notification system when the total amount of people in the SRD has reached 3 or more players. This change would encourage SRDs to finally truly become the solo content Albion desperately needs. There are far to many divers ruining this content by diving with 3+ which also causes PvEers to start running these things with excessive sizes of 3+. Let's push this content to be solo as intended. Sure you could say players would abuse this system by using a scout at entrance but players ALREADY can use a scout if they so choose today. This system would also still allow players to attempt to dive or run with more than 1 it just would prevent the lopsided encounters from happening without notification. While this system would not be perfect I do think it would bring more life to SRDs.

on the other hand, I solo dive, find one in, he is on carving, we fight he looses, and he simply runs, runs in one direction and this will end the PvP..

Soon he will get out of combat, then he will autoheal, then we will fight again, he will loose again, will again use dash of sword and boots run into one direction till full...

I had one dungeon where I had this pseudo PvP 13 times in a row

Can't we have at least for leave a channeling?? It is so lame if most people go on srd simply on carving or spear because mobility gives them unlimited vamount of chances??
    • Equart wrote:

Mytherceria wrote:

Hi everyone,

Regarding the Randomized Dungeon Loot Changes, I have forwarded your concerns about this to the devs.

Just to give a brief summary of why the changes were made: Following feedback that players were unhappy about the loot, the goal was to ensure that there would always be loot in these chests.

Since loot is provided through the Black Market system from other players crafting and selling items, the only way to ensure that the chests always contain items is to include a lot of lower value items in them, as there are not enough higher value items to fill all the chests.

An alternative to this could be to offer fewer chests, but with higher value items. Please let me know if you would prefer that and I'll get this over to the dev team.
      Yeap, i think it would be much better. Even if there would be only 1 chest per dungeon , but with valuable loot - it would be very cool. If this is possible , without hurting in-game blackmarket system , add this please.
      Too much trash T4-5 items as drop is not a solution for high Tier dungeons, if this will not be changed in future. First i thought that BlackMarket needs "some time" to drop off all useless T4 items , during the first days , so it could start giving players more valuable higher tier items on the loot table. But if this is not working in such way - it is bad change.

Most people are just ignoring and deleting T4 items from inventory.
      @Equart I don't think there needs to be one chest, the multi level dynamic generation keeps it interesting .. if all the loot was in one chest that would create a new rat problem.

2 - I don't know if the BM is fully done spewing out its overflow of t4 yet, but i will say in t7 the loot has been lackluster, and getting stacks of 3-5 t4 bags is not fun.

3 - you hit the nail on the head, empty chests didn't mean give crap loot. those bounty pieces weigh 5kg each and that t4 stuff isn't light either. Giving loot to give loot IS NOT FUN... I think they really missed the mark here, especially when you take item weight into consideration.

Initially I was not happy after the queen update, but over time my sample set was fine...

But yesterday i was unhappy'ish with my 2 t7 Legendary Chests, although the 2nd one was "tollerable"-

leg-chest.pnglegchest2.png
    • Mytherceria wrote:

Olá a todos,
      O que outras pessoas estão dizendo
      Com relação às alterações aleatórias nos itens de Masmorra , encaminhei suas preocupações sobre isso para os desenvolvedores.
      Apenas para um breve resumo do motivo pelo qual as alterações foram feitas: Após o feedback de quem os jogadores estavam descontentes com a saque, o objetivo era garantir que sempre houvesse saque saque nessas baús.
      Como o saque é fornecido pelo sistema do Mercado Negro de outros jogadores que fabricam e vendem itens, uma única maneira de garantir que os itens sempre contenham itens é incluir vários itens de menor valor, pois não há itens de maior valor disponível para todos os itens baús.
      Uma alternativa a isso poderia ser oferecer menos dinheiro, mas com itens de maior valor. Por favor, deixe-me saber se você prefere isso e eu vou passar isso para uma equipe de desenvolvimento eh
      This is a reflection of the high level collection. With fewer resources available, such as creating equipment to supply the trunks

The post was edited 1 time, last by Gladsttone ().

• Hollywoodi wrote:

Tabor wrote:

@Mytherceria SRDs need to both be worthwhile to run in general AND have that fun random chance for a valuable piece of loot. To what Equart said above I feel like players would rather have that occasional high tier item than they would 15 flat 4 pieces (most people literally just live that shit in the chests and do not loot it). However more importantly while the SRDs are definitely not dead content in the black zone I do feel they are under utilized. I would consider the below changes.

on the other hand, I solo dive, find one in, he is on carving, we fight he looses, and he simply runs, runs in one direction and this will end the PvP..
      Soon he will get out of combat, then he will autoheal, then we will fight again, he will loose again, will again use dash of sword and boots run into one direction till full...

Can't we have at least for leave a channeling?? It is so lame if most people go on srd simply on carving or spear because mobility gives them unlimited vamount of chances??
      To be fair - were you running an "all DPS" build with no to little mobility and no catch? (or worse - a build with no mobility, no catch and no DPS, but all sustain? Like Nature)

Im asking, because balance comes with certain builds... and knowing the meta (knowing/predicting how many Carvings you will run into, if Carving is currently meta, and it is) should be telling you what build(s) to bring to counter them.
    • The current changes to the loot drop and chest drop are really on the bad side. Grinded at T7 SRD for 12 hours and all I got was mostly t4 silvers, t4 bags and about 3 T7 flat gear and 5 T6 gears mostly that are cheap like Knight Helmet that won't even break 30k, this just gives no rewards whatso ever for the risk you are taking, as if the previous loot chance wasn't that bad enough already with the changes from caerleon. The drop rate is so bad, I feel like I'm playing an asian MMO.

The post was edited 1 time, last by EngrishMy1stLanguage ().

• Captainrussia wrote:

Hollywoodi wrote:

Tabor wrote:

on the other hand, I solo dive, find one in, he is on carving, we fight he looses, and he simply runs, runs in one direction and this will end the PvP..Soon he will get out of combat, then he will autoheal, then we will fight again, he will loose again, will again use dash of sword and boots run into one direction till full...

To be fair - were you running an "all DPS" build with no to little mobility and no catch? (or worse - a build with no mobility, no catch and no DPS, but all sustain? Like Nature)
      Im asking, because balance comes with certain builds... and knowing the meta (knowing/predicting how many Carvings you will run into, if Carving is currently meta, and it is) should be telling you what build(s) to bring to counter them.
      Unfortunately it is not like that, to run a counter to carving

U can run 3 builds more or less, that is spear bloodletter or carving maybe axe, too and if the carving is on demon u need run purge helm to be able to catch..
      But if u waste u helmet with purge u will not win the fight..
      Basically, you dress the mobility or it will be an endless stream of attack, loose, run, heal, next try ..I do not have an issue with run once and then I can farm on, my issue is the 10+ retry hoping for a mistake on the other side..which is boring

It is similar as if u in hg, rat cannot win or get loot and griefs you for 20 mins..

That is carving and related on higher mobility..and this basic principle of unlimited trys ..is what is lame

And no, did not run nature, as nature is still reflect bugged

@Captainrussia

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hollywoodi ().