[26. February 2020] Queen Patch 5

• @Eltharyon Gathering before this patch was better because atleast you were able to get the 1/3 t7 nodes or 1/2 t8 nodes and your gathering session you atleast got something. Now with this patch ive roamed full zones and saw 0 t7/8 nodes even up and returned with nothing. This new gathering system allows a few gatherers to gather at reset or zone reset and they will know when to come back to gather again which was like it was before prequeen. The original queen gathering allowed for people to log in whenever and still have a chance to go out and get those t7/8 resources, yeah they wouldnt be full nodes but atleast you were getting some resources and not wasting your time.
    • Eltharyon wrote:

fballarino wrote:

Why do we have T6 crap in T8 maps now ?
      Tier 6 resources were re-added back into Tier 8 clusters because this was requested by many players. Do you have any concerns about this change?

Robinhoodrs wrote:

Wtf are those resource changes, jesus... it just keeps getting worse. Pissed I wasted so much LP on T8 tree gathering now.
      This feedback is directly based on the feedback collected from various gathering players who were unhappy about T7/T8 resources only spawning partially full in the Queen update. It should be obvious that its not possible to increase the amount spawned whithout decreasing respawn rate to avoid flooding the markets with high end resources. Total amount of resources spawning has not changed in this patch. Could you explain what exactly you're upset about?
      1) No concerns, just not a single line in the patch notes. Can't wait to be slowed every 2 seconds by lizards that no one kills because you know, you go to T8 maps to gather T8 and not T6, that's why you have put T6 zones next to T8
      2) The single stack respawn was actually a cool thing, now either you do maintenance and get 1/2 big nodes and few smalls or you are again cut out of the T8 cartel. YAY!, if you actually spent 1hr gathering you'd realize that this change is very very very bad for casual gatherers.

The post was edited 1 time, last by fballarino ().

• Now that the chests are gated by killing mobs, how about removing all the silver assigned to RD mobs and putting everything into the chests.

I don't really expect drops other than Tomes of Insight from an occasional mob anyhow, and it will make the chests more impressive.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
      Did he who made the Lamb make thee?
    • Piddle the chests "gated" by mobs is only partially true. As I am diving I am noticing several mobs still up but the final chest is down so players are starting to figure out they do not actually need to clear as much as people originally thought. I instead think they should drastically increase the amount of silver on each mob to encourage the dungeons to be ran which also increases the reward due to the risk.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tabor ().

• If you weren't going to change the small nodes back to all big nodes then you should have never made the change to make small nodes spwn full, We never requested to make small nodes spawn full, Most of us just wanted the old system back, Though I would rather have the small nodes the way they were before this patch as I feel I got alot more mats then I got back when it was all big nodes but the change to small nodes spawning full is just bad, It will take so long to get a small node to spawn its almost if not the same timer as the big nodes which you almost never find, The small nodes will now pretty much just stay empty and only the lucky few would find the nodes full will get mats, The old 1 stack at a time was much better because atleast you got something because the respwn timers were always active, Now its pretty much a waiting game for the system to build up to 3 stacks when before atleast when the 1 stack was rdy it would just spwn and we could atleast gather something. Now since the node "hides" the stacks while waiting to become full it will cause the zone to be empty on t7 and t8 alot more then before, Please change this system back to before this patch it is a much better system. @Eltharyon This change was why I was scared to comment on the gathering system altogether because I was scared you would make it worse and well I guess I was right and you did. next time please post the planned changes so we can see them before they are added, If they were posted I didn't see it anywhere and I look at the forum everyday.

With the new change if say 1 gather, Gathers every t8 in one zone that t8 zone will have NO t8 for over 24 Hours which means no other gather can get t8 from that zone for 24Hours to me that is just nuts.

Please return the 1 stack timers, Or at the very least make half the small nodes spawn full and the other half spawn 1 stack at a time.

The post was edited 10 times, last by Neef ().

• Tabor wrote:

Piddle the chests "gated" by mobs is only partially true. As I am diving I am noticing several mobs still up but the final chest is down so players are starting to figure out they do not actually need to clear as much as people originally thought. I instead think they should drastically increase the amount of silver on each mob to encourage the dungeons to be ran which also increases the reward due to the risk.
      That doesn't solve anything though. Like the literal issue that everything revolves around is chest loot.

I don't disagree that the way the chests are gated in RDs is sort of unfortunate, but the dungeons very obviously have had people come through them, and the big problem with the old way was that you literally had no idea you were about to do 10 minutes work for barely any reward, and now people don't have to waste as much time.

They could also consider just rolling back the -10% to loot that got implemented when gold inflation was crazy. BM pulses used to be equal to the Items IV, but they changed it to .9 * IV a while ago, and so you get, presumably 10% less loot now, or it drops 10% less often. It's all a little vague and the language the developers use is at times "confusing", and the mechanics that they refer to are not always well understood in the first place.
    • Eltharyon wrote:

fballarino wrote:

Why do we have T6 crap in T8 maps now ?
      Tier 6 resources were re-added back into Tier 8 clusters because this was requested by many players. Do you have any concerns about this change?

Robinhoodrs wrote:

Wtf are those resource changes, jesus... it just keeps getting worse. Pissed I wasted so much LP on T8 tree gathering now.
      This feedback is directly based on the feedback collected from various gathering players who were unhappy about T7/T8 resources only spawning partially full in the Queen update. It should be obvious that its not possible to increase the amount spawned whithout decreasing respawn rate to avoid flooding the markets with high end resources. Total amount of resources spawning has not changed in this patch. Could you explain what exactly you're upset about?
      Just next to the t8 zones there are low tier zones that people can find t6 resources however they want not sure about the logic behind putting t6 resources back in the highend maps. Even for reds and terri owners highend map associated with t7 and t8 resources only one of the good changes about the Queen Update to be honest. No matter how I look on this topic the only positive side of this change is we can have aspect in high tier maps now and guess what everyone goes into low tier maps looking for aspect cuz high tier maps always popular, probably only one getting aspects would be the territorry owners since they are the most actvie in the map which will lead similar situation as pre-queen in my opinion. Quite not happy about the spawn timer change as well. The nodes were changed into small and spawn timers aligned as it is in the purpose of disturbuting the gathering in many different hands. Taking the power from few gatherers and giving out chance to not terri owners to sneak in map and gather some for themselves. Now that the spawn timer change every gatherer knows when is best for gathering - right after daily maintenece XD. now that we have bigger spawn time we wont be seeing as much as t8 avalible few hours after maint - it was fine even with 1 stack able to find somethings which also means distrubuting the resources among many gatherers. All of these changes about gathering sounds like big step back to pre-queen. For me this sounds like complaint from big gatherers rather than "many players".

The post was edited 2 times, last by Pherolie ().

• Xolok wrote:

I don't understand all the angry comments about gathering... I find this change amazing as a gatherer. Going around only popping 1 nodes was the most annoying thing. Now you actually get a reward for finding a node. I guess there will just always be people complaining...
      Thank you for the changes!
      1 stack is better then wating 24 hours for 3/2 stacks, Better to get 1 stack every few hours then wait for it to build up.
    • Haven't post here for years but i had to say this is a realy bad patch gathering wise (running around empty map does not feel good at all, so u have to log at reset or get the timer or you're rekt) and srd loot wise ( players feel there's not enough loot ? fine let us give them load of useless flat T4 item that most ppl won't ever bother to pick up) . Seriously who come with such idea ? :/
    • Eltharyon wrote:

Yes i have seen 0 posts in the feedback forums requesting this....

It leads me to believe once again you let the round table shape the game ignoring everyone else.

They are the only people surrounded by zones that have little to no T6 in them who would ask for this. Thus you buff the mega alliances for the .... 5th time since queen idk hard to keep count. Seriously are you trying to get everyone to stop playing, nerf those bitches into the ground
    • blappo wrote:

Eltharyon wrote:

Yes i have seen 0 posts in the feedback forums requesting this....
      It leads me to believe once again you let the round table shape the game ignoring everyone else.

They are the only people surrounded by zones that have little to no T6 in them who would ask for this. Thus you buff the mega alliances for the .... 5th time since queen idk hard to keep count. Seriously are you trying to get everyone to stop playing, nerf those bitches into the ground
      The forums aren't the entire games population. Infinity people were mad that when gathering T7-T8, and the zone was already clear, they were spending the maximum amount of time for the minimum possible gain. With T6 added there isn't as much boom or bust mentality to gathering those areas.

It's a pure value add to the entire games gathering population, and its really hard for me to understand anyone being mad about it. Nothing was taken from anyone. They didn't steal T7-T8 nodes and make them T6. There is just now T6 in those zones. I'd argue that we need more T6 in the world to make up for the new zone arrangements anyhow.
    • Small Tier 7 node respawn time tripled (26100 seconds to 78300 seconds)

Someone please check my math, if i get this right???:
      78300 sec / 60sec = 1305 min
      1305min / 60min = 21 hours 45min.

You wan't to tell me, that now, i need to wait 21 hours and 45 minutes to cut one small T7 node (3/3)?
      Don't you think that's bizzare? What's next?
      I know! Let's add Gathering energy, like in those mobile games. So we can spend IRL money to purchase energy!

SBI has increased the price of premium, while reducing player's income through Dungeons and Gathering.
      Unless you know how to flip market, etc. You are kinda getting screwed over.

P.S I'm not a "gatherer", i just sometimes like to chop some trees, cuz i feel like it.
    • Thorn-Delwyn wrote:

Captainrussia wrote:

Also I thought the lowest tier loot that can drop in a dungeon is minus two (-2) tiers... so a t8 dung would at the lowest drop t6 gear? Is this a bug? @Korn
      Hi everyone,

recently there have been a lot of concern over high value chests (e.g. Rare T8 chests) that could have no or next to no loot besides some silver bags and runes.

This change is supposed to address this issue without changing the overall value of a chest.

So as to not reduce tier 7 and 8 loot chances by too much, while at the same time increasing the chance to find anything at all, we added tier 4 and 5 loot to high tier chests.

Best regards,
      Thorn

PS: We would like to channel all feedback to this issue here: [26. February 2020] Queen Patch 5
      Tjanks for the explanation. I think this should have been clearly explained in the patch notes (instead of ommited, and then added a side-cmment), might have turned negative perception by the playerbase into a positive one.

Adding % values, like so: "added 40% more spawn of t4, 20% more spawn of t5 and 10% more spawn of t6 items to t7-t8 RDG chests. Reduced t7 and t8 item spawns by 5%. This leads to overall the same "value-weighted average price" of gear dropped" - would have gone a long way. But anyway - thanks for the explanation. This is more clear now.
    • hi, a few things, questions, bug report, and suggestion. first, about the patch. there is now a function to help retrieve items from hideouts you no longer have access to. does this also apply to guild islands? and if so, how does it work? if this can be applied to islands I would be very grateful. my former guild's master went on a spree kicking everyone out, and he won't let anyone get their things from the bank in the island. also, about a few bugs, that may have been fixed in the new patch already, im not sure, but still want to report it. yesterday, or the day before, the top slots in my inventory were not accessible. also, a number of master sigils disappeared from my bank. and finally a suggestion, I hope they will make a skin, for a greek Corinthian helmet, like the kind that hoplites and spartans wore. helmet and armor, or even sword skins would be awesome. :)
    • Piddle wrote:

blappo wrote:

Eltharyon wrote:

Yes i have seen 0 posts in the feedback forums requesting this....It leads me to believe once again you let the round table shape the game ignoring everyone else.

The forums aren't the entire games population. Infinity people were mad that when gathering T7-T8, and the zone was already clear, they were spending the maximum amount of time for the minimum possible gain. With T6 added there isn't as much boom or bust mentality to gathering those areas.
      It's a pure value add to the entire games gathering population, and its really hard for me to understand anyone being mad about it. Nothing was taken from anyone. They didn't steal T7-T8 nodes and make them T6. There is just now T6 in those zones. I'd argue that we need more T6 in the world to make up for the new zone arrangements anyhow.
      where then are devs hearing it if not forums dumb dumb