City Plot Crafting QOL Tip: Place a box right next to your station, set access permissions and avoid the trade UI

• City Plot Crafting QOL Tip: Place a box right next to your station, set access permissions and avoid the trade UI

This is extremely useful if you have multiple alts, because it saves time.

But my quesion is:
      • Does anybody know if you can grief the owner in this set-up?
        • aka destroying the box (with materials inside) if you do not own the plot at the time? (through some sort of demolition hammer shenanigans)
      Example:

Ideally in the future, buildings should just come with a chest attached to it (that the owner can control seperately) - but thats for the future.
      Bogul#6397 - Merchants of the Mist - Founder & Head of "Management"

The post was edited 1 time, last by Bogul ().

• I don't believe you could attack this box in the city, I would think the owner would have to allow the item to be attacked in the settings like you have to do on your island or hideout, Meaning the owner must turn on "Allow people to attack this building". Simple way to find out would be to grab a hammer put it on and try to hit that box, I do like the idea of stations having a chest.
    • Neef wrote:

I don't believe you could attack this box in the city, I would think the owner would have to allow the item to be attacked in the settings like you have to do on your island or hideout, Meaning the owner must turn on "Allow people to attack this building". Simple way to find out would be to grab a hammer put it on and try to hit that box, I do like the idea of stations having a chest.
      I tried, but couldn't do it with an alt simply equipping a siege hammer.

It just changes to a cog wheel (interact) instead of the sword it changes to if the box is placed outside of the plot (on a road).

But i'm trying to make extra sure, before i put in millions of mats :P
      Bogul#6397 - Merchants of the Mist - Founder & Head of "Management"
    • Bogul wrote:

Neef wrote:

I don't believe you could attack this box in the city, I would think the owner would have to allow the item to be attacked in the settings like you have to do on your island or hideout, Meaning the owner must turn on "Allow people to attack this building". Simple way to find out would be to grab a hammer put it on and try to hit that box, I do like the idea of stations having a chest.
      I tried, but couldn't do it with an alt simply equipping a siege hammer.
      It just changes to a cog wheel (interact) instead of the sword it changes to if the box is placed outside of the plot (on a road).

But i'm trying to make extra sure, before i put in millions of mats :P
      yeah pays to double check forsure.