Cultist Robe Levitate needs nerf

• Cultist Robe Levitate needs nerf

this item singlehandedly wins 2v1s and 1v1s in solo dungeons. Doesn't matter how skilled you are, if your build doesnt have interrupt and only does physical, cultist wins 90% of the time. Please nerf this god awful item, even i have to wear it just to feel safe. Give others a fighting chance. At least remove the invulnerability when channeling and increase the cooldown.

Edit: and the mad disrespect when you're about to die and you start T-posing in front of your enemy that can't do anything is hilarious, please nerf this broken thing.

Edit Edit: It doesn't feel good to win with it, it doesn't feel good to lose against it. The win was decided by that item alone, not by skill.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Yehudiel ().

• 1.) Cultist robe is QUITE an expensive item to begin with
      2.) Interrupts, silence, knockbacks and magic can easily crush the levitate from the R - the T-pose is just priceless lmfao

3.) If you know you can't win against your enemy (because his build just outright counters you) why are you trying to force yourself? "Skill" in this game isn't based on "mechanical" skill, it's based on "knowing whether you can take a fight or not" If you can't, you run, if you can, you fight.

If your build isn't good with mobility, try to make some friends for group content since you can't force every build to work against everyone on any given situation. That's just not how it works...

P.S I came from competitive FPS genre of games, and believe me, this type of game does not reward mechanically skilled players. It rewards smart players who take advantage of the game's mechanics and has very good understanding of their character's limits.

Just knowing when you can take a fight v.s when you can't will help you go a long way.

It's only OP if there's currently NOTHING in the game that could counter / stop it.
    • Lets assume my friend, you have the interrupt to stop the levitate

That is fine, but remember, I have more than the robe..

I have purity sandals, a dash and inner focus

Now I do one thing, I charge up my inner focus, if u use your interrupt on this, then I use my robe, if u don't use it, I run out of range of u interrupt and levitate then

Oh, you have 2 interrupts, that is fine, after u broke my inner focus, I use my sandals of purity, and I doubt u have 3 interrupts

If u do, the CD of my purity and inner focus is granted, lower as u interrupt, so, whatever you do, I cultist up and u dead

In case u have a counter, I simply not come back..

And to be honest, an answer, because I think the guy asked nicely like "learn 2 play" is really if u ask me a bannable offence. It is so much disrespect against the poster who put effort in and has not been any offensive, so much toxicity without any reason.. but well I am neither the police nor the judge nor do I make the rules.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hollywoodi ().

• Theat wrote:

If you aren't running 2 interrupts and don't know how to time burst damage, then you deserve to die.
      NO MORE NERFS!
      welp,

2 interrupt u need or u die

Curse, nope not 2 interrupts
      Spear, hmm just max one
      Dagger, max one
      Nature, hmm no

So basically u say, stop run these weapons because these don't have 2 interrupts??

Really?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Evas_Flarelight: Reworded one line, removed statements about another forumer. ().

• Hollywoodi wrote:

Theat wrote:

If you aren't running 2 interrupts and don't know how to time burst damage, then you deserve to die.
      NO MORE NERFS!
      welp, you are sgtbloodelfs brother?
      2 interrupt u need or u deserve to die

Curse, nope not 2 interrupts
      Spear, hmm just max one
      Dagger, max one
      Nature, hmm no

So basically u say, stop run these weapons because these don't have 2 interrupts??

Really?

That's the sgtbloodel award of this week..
      You must need 1 interrupt at low CD or 2 and used in rotations, if not then enough sustain, Cultist Robe is still going to be used after nerf.
    • To everyone that complain about the item cost, i remember to everyone this game has a PLAYER DRIVEN ECONOMY, this means that if an item is very expensive is because everyone is using it, and this could be already a good indicator of how much this item is abused. Second thing, it's very lame complaing about an item nerf without even looking at what is nerfed: 1% less on tick has almost 0 impact on the gameplay. Let's look at the active spell: Physical damage immunity, Hp recover AND mana recover, with a 30 sec cd. Others chest pieces with similar use are Hellion and Mercenary jacket: 40 sec cd for the first, 60 for the lucky second. PLUS, for these 2 you need to DEAL DAMAGE to get your recover, meanwhile with cultist robe you can SIT AND LAUGH. If someone is gonna say that you don't need an interrupt for them, you can just run a purge skill in your weapon, head or chest slot (and you don't even need 2 of them, because cd on each one is so high you can kill someone before the spell is up again). Oh wait, there's specter hood! I can run it to outplay the fool who only bring one purge item! Guess what? You can run it also with cultist robe! So you will have 2 sequential potential uses, and the third one after 30 sec! This is actually insane. To be fair enough, they should make the cd AT LEAST 60 sec, or remove mana recover AND phisical damage immunity, just buffing a bit the hp recover to do not make dungeon divers cry too much.
    • I almost completly stopped writing in game forums, because they are poisoned with stupidity, false elitism and ignorance. And this thread is an example. Even the most obvious thing is denyed by people who argue against a meaningful change just for the sake of being against and protecting "muhhh stuff".

Of course cultist robe is overpowered as fk. The only thing that really balances it is its price. And the price IS a strong indicator that it is overpowered.

The argument "Muh, but you can interrupt ist and therefor it is balanced" is dumb because NUMBERS ALSO MATTER.
      Imagen there was a 10 sec channeled skill, which has a 10m AOE heal of 400/s, but can be interrupted? Still balanced, because it can be interupted? FK OFF!
      Just because something has some room for counterplay does not make it balanced, this is a pseudoargument.
      Also it is not really true, because skills dont stand on their own, but have synergies. And cultist robe synergies with HP, damage and mobility so you can run away and re-engage.

And cultist robe heals too much for its cooldown and its utility(physical damage immunity).

I dont mind about the cultist robe, but I can not accept it that people SYSTEMATICALLY LIE just because they THINK they are profiting from a false system.
      For me, the cultist robe is just boring, toxic content. Facing somebody with it id just run away because pvp is pointless.

The ONLY argument for keeping the cultist robe in its current state is that you WANT an super expansive overpowered elite item in the game. This is dabateable. Id actually be ok with it. But it is a stupid lie to say the cultist robe is not overpowered compared to other items. Stop catering to your most primitive impulses and delude your self into thinking wrong facts just because you think you gain an advantage or are to stupid to adapt to a new situation.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Nasabot ().

• Theat wrote:

NO MORE NERFS!
      What a chad, i use cultist but still ask for it's nerf, i know it's a broken thing and even i (a noob that started playing 1 month ago) can see that. This chad apparently doesn't. Imagine a frost shot warbow with cultist diver vs 2 poor melee sobs that dies just because you can chip away at their health and if they do the same, you can just run and start T-posing. This item is OP af and devs need to see that. Even with the incoming nerf, this item will still win 2v1's, because it counters too many playstyle and can be only countered by a few.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Yehudiel ().

• Yehudiel wrote:

Theat wrote:

NO MORE NERFS!
      What a chad, i use cultist but still ask for it's nerf, i know it's a broken thing and even i (a noob that started playing 1 month ago) can see that. This chad apparently doesn't. Imagine a frost shot warbow with cultist diver vs 2 poor melee sobs that dies just because you can chip away at their health and if they do the same, you can just run and start T-posing. This item is OP af and devs need to see that. Even with the incoming nerf, this item will still win 2v1's, because it counters too many playstyle and can be only countered by a few.
      So i kind of agree with both of you, but ultimately i think that Cultist Robe is not as broken as everyone may make it look like.
      Sure you have to change your Build to combat it, but even for Weapons like Axes there are plenty of Ways to stop a Cultist Robe/Interrupt it. If everyone just keeps running DPS based Builds without any regard to the current Meta or Utility/CC/whatever, then they truly deserve to lose vs Cultist Robe.

A change in the Meta, deserves a change in Perspective. If you think Great Holy is op for example, try to counter it with specific Builds, if you think Cultist Robe is broken - try to counter it with specific Builds. Rather than running the same Build over and over again (mostly the same build, just focused on dealing max dmg), expecting some different outcome everytime - that won't happen because well, uh yeah.

btw. Royal Helmet counters both Great Holy and Cultist Robe, just sayin'.
    • Certain builds excel in certain type of situations

You CANNOT force your build to overcome ALL other builds

^ This is what most people who want the Cultist robe to be nerfed want. (Since they are running builds that aren't made to "counter" the robe, they want to nerf it so they can just DPS away and win with less effort)

In my perspective:

The game is based on the preparations, type of build you run plus, how well you execute your abilities with great timing to gain the upperhand in the fights you take, as well as the gravity of how much your output can be based off your spec and item power.

it should NOT be going towards the path of: "Oh I have 400/400 spec, and I run a high dps/sustain low mobility build with no interrupts = I should win every fight automatically no matter what" - in actuality would and should lose to a build that excels in mobility and poking specially in open world scenarios.

e.g Like how most melees who don't run mobility skills should be kited to death by warbows - they ran the wrong setup, they deserve to lose
    • Zyrex wrote:

Certain builds excel in certain type of situations

You CANNOT force your build to overcome ALL other builds

^ This is what most people who want the Cultist robe to be nerfed want. (Since they are running builds that aren't made to "counter" the robe, they want to nerf it so they can just DPS away and win with less effort)

In my perspective:

The game is based on the preparations, type of build you run plus, how well you execute your abilities with great timing to gain the upperhand in the fights you take, as well as the gravity of how much your output can be based off your spec and item power.

it should NOT be going towards the path of: "Oh I have 400/400 spec, and I run a high dps/sustain low mobility build with no interrupts = I should win every fight automatically no matter what" - in actuality would and should lose to a build that excels in mobility and poking specially in open world scenarios.

e.g Like how most melees who don't run mobility skills should be kited to death by warbows - they ran the wrong setup, they deserve to lose
      You don't understand, i'm not crying because i always lose against it, i'm crying because i win too much with it, even in the arena. What point I want to hammer is, this item wins MOST matchups. This item alone, no matter the weapon or skill, a lot of the fights i would've surely lost if not using cultist. You can instantly turn around 2v1's using cultist. There are ways to counter it, sure, but it counters a lot, specially in the diving scene. Try it, dive with a build, then using the same build, change chest to cultist. You will see the jump in your success rate. I'm just calling for a nerf like increased cooldown or remove physical immunity. For how strong levitate is, it surely deserves a cooldown much higher than 45 secs. I don't want it destroyed i use it after all and makes solo dungeon easier. I just want a nerf for the damn thing.