Unfair Death while passing through the Yellow Zone [Bug in move displacement algorithm]

• I am deeply disappointed that Albion online allows this behavior and even encourages it by not taking action against the perpetrators and helping the victims.
      The red zone warning is deactivated once you learn what it is because it is part of the tutorial. It really disappoints me in the deepest that they justify with a tutorial option how they are exploiting a bug to harm the players.
      When I bought the albion online I did it because I liked its mechanics and its fair way to balance the powers, it hurts that now I see that the importance of weight in the character only affects the one who loads resources but not the one who attacks you and moves you through everything a map. what a disappointment
    • Xermiz wrote:

Owlsane wrote:

Xermiz wrote:

Doowie wrote:

How much are you exactly losing each death?
      this is my dead albiononline.com/en/killboard/kill/67326334i lost more than 50M I have lost the fruit of more than 6 months of work in Albion in the hands of poe for this error and nobody is responsible, I feel very disappointed with all this and I want my items returned because I lost them due to an error in the gameplay.That is destroying the gameplay in the yellow zone, something that is even against the terms of albion, I love the Albion Online and I would like to contribute to improve it, I made a suggestion to improve displacement algorithms and later I will give you more ideas of which maybe some like.
      I need you to quote exactly where it's written in the ToS that this kind of move it's not allowed.Also : settings -> always notification when entering a red pvp zone and you will never ever get caught by this type of technique.
      I really don't know where he says this movement is not allowed, but I know that several years ago they banned several people for removing the players that made HCE from the cities and taking them to a dangerous area, which is the same situation.As for the notification of entering the red zone, it was created as part of the tutorial from the beginning, not as a way to avoid being taken to the danger zone. The notifications of the game are to help the new ones understand the danger if they enter a dangerous zone because nowhere does it say that if they move you through the yellow zone Albion is not responsible and you have to mark a notification to avoid being killed?
      It is also a catastrophic mistake that if you cannot move because you are overweight then another person can force you to move.
      I don' recall anybody being banned at that time but they fixed that issue because it was clearly an exploit of a specific spell (now fixed) that allowed pushing a blue player in a safe zone into a redzone. Even at that time we adviced people to put that "notification before entering pvp area on".

Comparing the yellow zone pushing tactic to the HCE exploit is completely dumb as the yellow zone is actually a PvP zone and by being in that zone you agreed to be a potential victim of non-consensual PvP in any form or shape.

I agree that people using this tactic are scums but first that's acceptable by the game's rule (being a scum) and last, to solve "this issue" people either has to set the "notification for pvp areas on" or SBI has to remove a quite large roster of potential spell that can push you into a zone and we all know which one of the 2 solutions the majority and SBI will chose.
    • Fusionbomb wrote:

Owlsane wrote:

I don' recall anybody being banned at that time
      [RESOLVED] Moving players out of cities
      see Elsa's footnote
      Nothing told that actually somebody got banned dude and that's why i've stated this. She only said that if you get caught after this warning it's a ban.

Anyway still, 2 very different context uncomparable. The strat, although very scumy, is not an enough reason to begin removing or reworking displacement spells. In that stance i am strictly and uterly against it as you have enough tools to deny them (hilariously the same tools for the old exploit in safe areas) and a waste of resources that can be used for solving serious issues. Now i completely agree that movement displacement should not work on overweight people.
    • It is 2 completely different Storys

2 years ago u joined a hce group, waited that someone in u group went afk and geysir this one while u party out in red zone

Difference:

You voluntary enter PvP zone, an enemy attacks and moves you, you are not afk, during this fight you get moved into a full loot zone, and you actively agreed in u settings that u want this to happen..
    • While I 100% agree it is borderline pathetic the amount of players currently taking advantage of yellow zone players right now I also have to say the current design allows you to avoid death in a few ways.

*Set your options to prompt for entry in red zone.

*If you forgot to set this setting you still have the safe bubble once being pushed in the red zone. Simply remount and run back to yellow while in bubble.
    • Tabor wrote:

While I 100% agree it is borderline pathetic the amount of players currently taking advantage of yellow zone players right now I also have to say the current design allows you to avoid death in a few ways.

*Set your options to prompt for entry in red zone.

*If you forgot to set this setting you still have the safe bubble once being pushed in the red zone. Simply remount and run back to yellow while in bubble.
      I was also killed the same way (40 mio inventory and mammoth itself) but to your second point of remounting and reentering yellow. they will just down your mount again in seconds )since they have battle mount' when bubble is gone and move you back.

I now have my prompt to entry red zone on again but i am wondering what will happen if I cant enter red... they probally down me fully and keep doing that until inventory is almost gone with the 10% trashing.

From my pov its totally an exploid and should be fixed.
      Until then I might just hit some ppl up to do same trick and earn my stuff back that way.
    • You are correct the current YZ design does allow for "griefing" defined as repeatably downing the same target inflicting durability damage. Typically this would not happen on mammoths I am pretty sure these few groups have just recently taken it upon themselves because they assume they can trick the player into getting killed in red. If you tell them right when they start attacking that hey guys I have the warning message they might just move on. But if they decided to just hunt mammoths in YZ to knock down that would not be exploit it would be your standard griefing that unfortunately comes with any PvP game.

If this become a chronic problem SBI could consider removing the durability loss on knock downs but it feels like there needs to be some sort of impact to getting downed. With your original immunity after getting up you should be able to make it to your desired zones before to many downs.
    • Out of curiosity, if i did see a group using this tactic to push someone towards an exit, is there a way that i can engage them without flagging up myself? Could i create a party with the victim and then attack the flagged players? Just curious...because if there was a way, i would totally run the trade routes near my city with a crew and look for opportunities to turn the tables on these guys...maybe drive them through the gate to their death.

My old pappy always used to say, "there is no more deeply satisfying religious experience... than cheatin' on a cheater."
      - Maverick
    • Hey Marauder yes you absolutely could attack them as they attempted to take down the mammoth. They would be hard flagged so you would not need to worry about flagging yourself. However you would have no way to "force" them into the red zone because they would not have the incapacitated mobility issue like the overweight mammoth riders.
    • Tabor wrote:

Hey Marauder yes you absolutely could attack them as they attempted to take down the mammoth. They would be hard flagged so you would not need to worry about flagging yourself. However you would have no way to "force" them into the red zone because they would not have the incapacitated mobility issue like the overweight mammoth riders.
      Tabor & Fusionbomb, thanks for confirming. I do all my PvP in the Outlands, so i'm not really familiar with the nuances of flagging up.

Regaurding getting them into the red zone, I was thinking more along the lines of using a combination of stuns and pulls/flings to get them through the portal, but yeah its probably a long shot. They'd have to be really close to the portal entry themselves for it to work, and then they would have to panic and do something stupid on the other side. Honestly I'd be happy just ruing their day by preventing them from profiting off another victim. A long time ago I had a passerby help me when i was getting repeatedly knocked down in a yellow zone by a griever...so i feel like i need to pay it forward one of these days.
    • @MarauderShields You could put a group together to "police" the yellow zones by just knocking down the gankers over and over, Once they see you arn't leaving they will leave themselfs, Really it comes down to camping the campers. You could also wait for them to push an overweight player in the redzone then come in behided them and kill them all right before the mammoth guy loses his bubble in the red zone. Meaning wait for them to push the poor overweight guy into the redzone then kill them while there in the redzone themselfs. Just remember to not let them see you before there shields drop or they will just run, Once they push the guy in wait a bit so you know there shields will be down because they will most likely attack early and lose the shield before the timer runs out anyways.

PS. Have 1 windwall guy stand right at the red zone exit when you go in so if they try to run back into the yellow zone your windwall guy can just knock them back.

PS2. Set the bait, Have one of your guys "play" the victom by bringing an ox or something and by being over weight with just junk, Bait them into attacking him have them push him into the redzone then he can call when there shields are down and when to come in.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Neef ().

• Tabor wrote:

You are correct the current YZ design does allow for "griefing" defined as repeatably downing the same target inflicting durability damage.

This can be avoided by logging out (which is what I did). Not a great solution, granted, but if you're carrying expensive inventory, it can save you a lot of silver.

Also, you can then log in on an alt and check the area later to see if they're camping where you logged (which is also what I did). If the alt is on the same account as the toon you logged, you can also check your red zone entry settings (I think that's account-wide, at least it looked that way when I checked).

I've now recalibrated my mammoth transport routes to not include yellows.