Abuse of game mechanics?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Abuse of game mechanics?

Do you think that flagging as red and stunning and pushing players from yellow zone through the gate in red zone and then killing and looting them is clever use of game mechanics or the opposite - abuse of game mechanics?
      @Korn
      @Eltharyon
      The screenshot is illustration of the tactic and not of actual kill

The post was edited 2 times, last by Deadrino ().

• hi folks, I think this is a very serious exploit!

this is what just happened:
      * I was traveling with a fully loaded mammoth between cities
      * gankers dismounted me with a siege ballista
      * I'm stuck because I'm fully overloaded
      * they pushed me over the completed map into the red zone entrance via various movement spells. for example even fully overloaded my characters moves when feared.
      * there I got stuck because I enabled the red-zone notification. if this check would be disabled they would have pushed me into the red zone.
      * from there I got ganked for several minutes until my guild came for help
    • Wilm0rien wrote:

hi folks, I think this is a very serious exploit!

this is what just happened:
      * I was traveling with a fully loaded mammoth between cities
      * gankers dismounted me with a siege ballista
      * I'm stuck because I'm fully overloaded
      * they pushed me over the completed map into the red zone entrance via various movement spells. for example even fully overloaded my characters moves when feared.
      * there I got stuck because I enabled the red-zone notification. if this check would be disabled they would have pushed me into the red zone.
      * from there I got ganked for several minutes until my guild came for help
      oh sweet Eve online... how I miss you ;)

Did you pay for the permit to transport in yellow zones? ;)
    • Isn't there already a game mechanic that ties player movement speed to dash distances? Maybe they should implement that for any forced movement abilities. That way they can dismount you but can't move you. Makes sense anyways, if you can't move why would another player be able to?
    • This is a non topic

U just have to switch the "I want to confirm go red" button on and it doesn't happen..

So we discussing inability of people to push one button once in their game time to be safe for ever??

And on top, per default, this button is on safe..

They have pushed actively the "disable this feature permanent I want to have this risk on me"

And now they complain instead of putting switch back..

No!
    • The thing with some players, is that they will always try and find something to exploit, which will give them an advantage over another player. It's unfortunate that it happens, but when such exploits are reported to the developers, then they can review this situation and if actions are needed to be taken against those abusing the exploit, then such measures are taken.

But having the option to disable the entering the red zone automatically is there for players to enable or disable themselves, so if people are opening being ganked and pushed into the red zone, then yes it sucks and I highly expect this is on the list of things to correct or at least internally review. But if players are being subject to this multiple times, then unfortunately it does lay in the hands of the player(s) responsibility at the end of the day.
      Forum Rules
      Contact customer support via: support@albiononline.com
    • Doowie wrote:

The thing with some players, is that they will always try and find something to exploit, which will give them an advantage over another player. It's unfortunate that it happens, but when such exploits are reported to the developers, then they can review this situation and if actions are needed to be taken against those abusing the exploit, then such measures are taken.

But having the option to disable the entering the red zone automatically is there for players to enable or disable themselves, so if people are opening being ganked and pushed into the red zone, then yes it sucks and I highly expect this is on the list of things to correct or at least internally review. But if players are being subject to this multiple times, then unfortunately it does lay in the hands of the player(s) responsibility at the end of the day.
      True, you mean numbers?
    • you are all very experts huh? congratulations you are awesome! The question that the guy brings up is that a bunch of noob who are afraid of losing items is getting a lot of reward for little risk for abusing a mechanic, where do you not understand that? The fact that the guy used it was always his option, but it has nothing to do with the abuse of mechanics ... stop these presumptuous attitudes and tend to improve the game. wft!