Unused Cursed SCULL (rebalance)

• Unused Cursed SCULL (rebalance)

Hello everyone, lets talk about Curse.

Firstly, this is a very interesting spec and I really like to play. Curse is a interesting mechanics, and even more interesting synergies with other classes in PvE and PvP.
      You can play on curse in HG, solo, ZvZ, Hce and other activites. I can talk for a long time about this class, but let's focus on the main problem (IMHO) its a ZvZ.

Today only one staff use in ZvZ its a damnation staff, but only one for zerg, and it's all!

We have one staff in curse spec that not use at all activity, becose other curse staff and other specs have more powerful and useful "E". Yes, u can take skull and go with him in any activity but if u take any other weapon u will be more effective.

Lets see some numbers (sorry for rus client, but i think we need only numbers)
      Take the same class weapon in other specs.

We can say that brimstone is a meta DPS in ZVZ, but i think Wailing good two, its less damage but more distance and instant cast.
      What we have on Skull? =O O =O 1116 damage - not bad! But stop, its not instant damage ?( . And u can very easy dodge this damage with any safe that you have. :(

Usually you will get 2-3 seconds for the players but no more, this is half of these numbers.
      And this is really a weak skill in today's realities.

But we have other problem with this item, its scale DPS dependence on IP. Only part of the damage depends on the IP, 2 percent against players remain unchanged :huh: .

So we talk about ZvZ but for PvE its bad too, without 2%, we have 792 Damage vs 1430 Damage on Brimstone even Brimstone isn't good for PvE, the Cursed Skull even worse.

This thread not about make a second brimstone out of a Cursed Skull, NO! :cursing:

The logic of curse spec is exotic mexanics and helpful buff and debuff, its very intresting support with normal damage. So, for this item we need not buff damage and make new meta.
      I dont like play on meta, but we need make Skull usefull in ZvZ for our game now.

How? I think we can speak about it and obviosly its need testing. I think you need to rebalance the skull not in the direction of more damage, but in the direction of the debuff or interesting mechanics in the direction of supporting your zerg.
      For example if in area of Huinting Screams ('E') stay enemy player this area continues to operate after 6 seconds to for example 12.
      Or puts a dark curse on players with less than 50% HP, puts 2 dark curses on those with less than 25%. But we remember problem of scale damage depends on IP.

Maybe some debaff such as silence, stun, slow, in the area it is impossible for enemies to use the abilities of boots or any item. :D

But all of them and other same ideas need to test and discuss. Not need make meta , not need imbalance wepon, only need make usefull and helpfull for ZvZ, maybe PvE, but curse have other good stuff for PvE.

What you think about this ? Plz answer in coments, when and how offen u see Cursed Skull in open world?
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

1h curse solo, small scale 2hg
      Skull small scale 2hg
      Great curse 5on5
      Damnation ZvZ

And stick to one threat
      You dont understand me in previous topic, its ur view that skull is good in small scale, but view without arguments and number its nothing
      People can play with skull in any activity as i say, but if they took any other weapon for this activity thay will be more effectivity.

So i wait ur arguments and proofs, now its bla bla bla

Demonic also play in 2hg but its really need vs double heal in 5hg and in 2hg, so also u can play with demonic vs double dd and u can win, but its not prove that weapon is good. As i say Demonic is specifically stuff vs double heal and in this case it work fine.

But skull not good in any activity, u say about small scale, i say about 1h, u can use great curse too, and many other weapon that more effective bocause "E" of skull its weak skill, i compare with weapon on ZvZ, but in direction of small scale its true too. Its not me say, that say number

And as u can see skull in open world (2hg too) is very rare weapon, because is less effective than other.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Filyshka ().

• Curse Skull is one of my fav curse weapon and I can say its not totally bad, You can really get some nice E's when players are grouped together or you work with your tank or tanks to drop your E right when a Root or Stun goes down, I do really well in most Arena's with the weapon, Now I have been wanting to take this weapon to ZvZ's but this is where I feel you may be correct, The weapon needs just alittle more in either dmg or support buffs, I would say any kind of buff could bring this weapon into the light because it is just a bit under powered atm, Though I still feel you can use this weapon and it is pretty decent, Also as far as PVE goes I use it in SRD's alot and it does have decent to good clear speed.

EDIT: Also want to point out Wailing only does over 1k dmg if you get lucky and hit more then 2 to 3 players in a straight line, So at the end of the day Wailing isn't the best Zvz option in most cases, Siege or Wheeping bows are much better ATM then wailing.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Neef ().

• Neef wrote:

Curse Skull is one of my fav curse weapon and I can say its not totally bad, You can really get some nice E's when players are grouped together or you work with your tank or tanks to drop your E right when a Root or Stun goes down, I do really well in most Arena's with the weapon, Now I have been wanting to take this weapon to ZvZ's but this is where I feel you may be correct, The weapon needs just alittle more in either dmg or support buffs, I would say any kind of buff could bring this weapon into the light because it is just a bit under powered atm, Though I still feel you can use this weapon and it is pretty decent, Also as far as PVE goes I use it in SRD's alot and it does have decent to good clear speed.

EDIT: Also want to point out Wailing only does over 1k dmg if you get lucky and hit more then 2 to 3 players in a straight line, So at the end of the day Wailing isn't the best Zvz option in most cases, Siege or Wheeping bows are much better ATM then wwailing.
      So thx for comments, yes i take dmg of wailing after 4 pierce, but in zvz, u wait when ur tank catch stucking enemy and use ur spell, on gvg fight no problem of mass people today. And i dont talk about that more people ur catch in ur skill area that more damage ur deal.
      Often i see on ZvZ how one brimstone kill more than 10 people with only one meteor.

I take brim and wailing coz its soul art too, its the same class of weapon

U can going in solo or group rd with any wep, but its will be more slow. But i dont think that it critical, curse have other good stuff for pve.
      EDIT
      And yes wailing its not top zvz weapon but its weapon wich i often see on gvg battle, because it have sense.
      Good intant damage and very good distance. Or u can use long bow.
      If we talk about crossbow u can use Wheeping and Siege, its two good weapon for zvz with diferent mechanics but its really usefull.
      Wheeping on my view its a meta in ZvZ, that SBI provide some changes with him.

But when we talk about curse, take damnation... Okay its need only one on zerg. And what other people with curse? They take crossbow or bow and other weapon...
      Look bad if we speak about "support" spec
      If we take the second support - arcane that have really more problems than curse. We can see 3 arcane weapon on battle in ZvZ.

And i want make for curse only the second weapon, which u can use in ZvZ.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Filyshka ().

• Brimstone isnt instant, the damage comes after a short delay where you have a chance to dodge it if you react immediately. Wailing bow damage is only good when you hit 3+ enemies, and it doesn't benefit as well from AOE escalation as other weapons.

I do agree cursed skull is a bit weak, even in small scale 2v2, I feel it's just the constant pressure of my Q's + grudge that wins fights there and my E is a nice to have but not the difference maker.

Perhaps make the area of effect larger or make the damage tick every 0.5s so that you get more value out of it before people simply walk out of it.
      AO Quick Reference Guide
      Discord: Grimhawke#9254

• I agree Cursed Skull is on a rough spot but could do better.

Issues are of a variety, but for example, because it's a damage over time that lingers on an area, is very hard to use with % damage boosters. That alone puts it behind other options. Also, the % hp damage is good, but not good enough. If you stand the full 6 seconds on this it should hurt BADLY. I have a suggestion to handle this.
      Make the % hp stack on a debuff that explodes after 1 second or 0.5 seconds of you leaving the area. And make it work like this.
      You get X stacks every tick where X is the amount of times you took stacks.
      1 tick is +1 stack
      2 tick is +2 stack
      3 tick is +3 stack
      4 tick is +4 stack
      5 tick is +5 stack
      6 tick is +6 stack.

So, if you take the full 6 seconds (amazing feat, should be rewarded), is 21 stacks.

The % damage can be tuned to match this change, probably to 1% or 1.5% per stack. With 1% at 3 ticks is the same damage as now, and from 4 onwards is more. With 1.5% per stack after 2 ticks you are already doing more damage. With 1% the max % damage is 21% (Currently is 12%). With 1.5% the max damage is 31.5% max hp.

Why I suggest this change?
      Curse/Warlock fantasy on the game is curses that causes damage over time, areas of damage that gets stronger and stronger with each hit. With the addition of this mechanic, we keep Cursed Skull role as a % damage AoE dealer, but we allow it to meld the idea of strong explosion of 1h curse with its "slow moving area of death" mechanics. You still allow counterplay to it, because in a ideal scenario you will get 3 or 4 stacks at most against someone that is not moving, but will still get the benefit of good positioning and zoning.

What do you think guys?
    • Filyshka wrote:

Hello everyone, lets talk about Curse.

Firstly, this is a very interesting spec and I really like to play. Curse is a interesting mechanics, and even more interesting synergies with other classes in PvE and PvP.
      You can play on curse in HG, solo, ZvZ, Hce and other activites. I can talk for a long time about this class, but let's focus on the main problem (IMHO) its a ZvZ.

Today only one staff use in ZvZ its a damnation staff, but only one for zerg, and it's all!

We have one staff in curse spec that not use at all activity, becose other curse staff and other specs have more powerful and useful "E". Yes, u can take skull and go with him in any activity but if u take any other weapon u will be more effective.

Lets see some numbers (sorry for rus client, but i think we need only numbers)
      Take the same class weapon in other specs.

We can say that brimstone is a meta DPS in ZVZ, but i think Wailing good two, its less damage but more distance and instant cast.
      What we have on Skull? =O O =O 1116 damage - not bad! But stop, its not instant damage ?( . And u can very easy dodge this damage with any safe that you have. :(

Usually you will get 2-3 seconds for the players but no more, this is half of these numbers.
      And this is really a weak skill in today's realities.

But we have other problem with this item, its scale DPS dependence on IP. Only part of the damage depends on the IP, 2 percent against players remain unchanged :huh: .

So we talk about ZvZ but for PvE its bad too, without 2%, we have 792 Damage vs 1430 Damage on Brimstone even Brimstone isn't good for PvE, the Cursed Skull even worse.

This thread not about make a second brimstone out of a Cursed Skull, NO! :cursing:

The logic of curse spec is exotic mexanics and helpful buff and debuff, its very intresting support with normal damage. So, for this item we need not buff damage and make new meta.
      I dont like play on meta, but we need make Skull usefull in ZvZ for our game now.

How? I think we can speak about it and obviosly its need testing. I think you need to rebalance the skull not in the direction of more damage, but in the direction of the debuff or interesting mechanics in the direction of supporting your zerg.
      For example if in area of Huinting Screams ('E') stay enemy player this area continues to operate after 6 seconds to for example 12.
      Or puts a dark curse on players with less than 50% HP, puts 2 dark curses on those with less than 25%. But we remember problem of scale damage depends on IP.

Maybe some debaff such as silence, stun, slow, in the area it is impossible for enemies to use the abilities of boots or any item. :D

But all of them and other same ideas need to test and discuss. Not need make meta , not need imbalance wepon, only need make usefull and helpfull for ZvZ, maybe PvE, but curse have other good stuff for PvE.

What you think about this ? Plz answer in coments, when and how offen u see Cursed Skull in open world?
      Your numbers are innacurate as you are checking market itens.

Check directly at Destiny board. They are unnafected by IP.

Check T7 Walling, Brimstone and Cursed Skull and THEN we can talk.