Axes need more Utility

• Ravname wrote:

Satyrns wrote:

@Ravname

But you don't understand the point.
      The build is specific for what it does - AOE Damage BS, mobs or not. (Greataxe)
      Why are you trying to change it, into something it is not supposed to be?
      You are literally comparing Galatines (which is a ZvZ weapon) with Greataxe (Which is small scale, mostly PVE weapon).

If you don't think there is enough mobility for 1v1 PVP, or something, then just change it.
      Please remind me again where i compared Greataxe to a Galatine?Or where "i try to make it into something it's not" ?

I have a feeling you misunderstand me or you simply don't read what i write or have wrote in this discussion.

And to be clear here, i don't fairly care if something is meta or not. As i play a lot of non Meta Builds. What i care about is, if Weapon's are entirely outshadowed in their on Weapon Tree (Axes) or are fundamentally flawed and don't fit into their Weapon Tree, because the kit doesn't synergise/provide a smooth foundation.(i.e. 1h Dagger).

You don't see a smooth foundation between Axe's AOE Q + Raging Blades + Bayblade? It's one of the most Synergised things that can be, Every skill has AOE + It stacks bleed + Increased 20% damage(if solo opponent) 40% if you manage to get 10 stacks.
    • Satyrns wrote:

Ravname wrote:

Satyrns wrote:

You don't see a smooth foundation between Axe's AOE Q + Raging Blades + Bayblade? It's one of the most Synergised things that can be, Every skill has AOE + It stacks bleed + Increased 20% damage(if solo opponent) 40% if you manage to get 10 stacks.

It is not a smooth foundation, is just damage added to other damage. There is no real synergy. It would be like saying Royal robe has a good synergy with Permafrost Prism (random example) just because it improves your damage. It's not a synergy, is a buff. I would actually delete raging blades from the game to get an axe's tree rework. Same thing with Adrenaline boost: ofc it has a "good synergy", it's just a mvm speed and damage buff! It could be ok on EVERY weapon! What i'd like to see is giving to axes in general a bit more of identity. Right now, they can be just used to fame farm hoping that no one will dive you, because you will automaticly lose. If you want to keep them a fame farm tree, at least give them some tools to survive gankers. Not fight, just survive to run away.
    • Satyrns wrote:

For PVE - sure... it works. But pretty much anything works for PVE... you could run 1h dagger in PVE (HCE single target DPS anyone?) and do pretty well...

what matters is - PVP. And as I already described, axes have some use in 5v5, but thats about it... 1v1 might be ok (as long as enemy does not have cultist robe - and no, you are not goinna be running Judi boots in OW) and ZvZ sucks b/c Bearpaws get interrupted and overall need a longer frontal cone AOE.
    • talking about bearpaws they also need to fix the bug that make you aoe in the opposite direction (fortunately not often), or maybe i do something wrong idk :o . And yeah i would like that the weapon i choose to spec 400/400 have some more utility that farming fame credit for other spec that i can actualy use in pvp :D . (yes halberd are okay in 5v5)
    • Bada wrote:

talking about bearpaws they also need to fix the bug that make you aoe in the opposite direction (fortunately not often), or maybe i do something wrong idk :o . And yeah i would like that the weapon i choose to spec 400/400 have some more utility that farming fame credit for other spec that i can actualy use in pvp :D . (yes halberd are okay in 5v5)
      If it was a consistent bug when you have to make a define set of moves and keypress, i would asked to not fix this but making it part of the mechanic (skillcap increased).

Since it's not the case then yeah it should be fixed.