Regarding 3rd Party Software and Network Traffic (aka: do not cheat.) [Update: 16:45 UTC, 26.02.20]

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Regarding 3rd Party Software and Network Traffic (aka: do not cheat.) [Update: 16:45 UTC, 26.02.20]

Hey there,

Sometimes cheat makers claim that their tools are allowed. Don't believe them. We want to make sure you are aware what additional tools you are allowed to use and which not. The following is most definitely not allowed:
    • Anything that gives you a direct benefit in PvE, gathering, or PvP is not allowed. For example, this includes any type of auto-inspect tool or any type of radar tool that displays the in-game nametags on a separate minimap. It would also include any type of "auto-scouting" tool that generates a discord message if it spots a player or something like that.
    • In general, anything that modifies the game client, for example through automated scripts, or by displaying extra information to the player in the client, is not allowed.
    • When it comes to data gathering / data mining, we are usually fine with a website aggregating Albion market data if they do so
      • i) using technical means approved by us, and
      • ii) without negatively affecting our servers when collecting the data, and
      • iii) as long as the data is made available on a website and not, for example, through an in-game modification or overlay, and
      • iv) if it does not provide a real-time in-game advantage.
    There are of course a number of cases of "clearly okay" and "clearly cheating", there are also a limitless number of possible fringe cases. Thus: if you are unsure if a certain type of software or tool is allowed or not to be used with Albion Online, please ask us, telling us exactly what specific thing you'd like to use or do. Because if you use a prohibited tool, we will ban you.

How to ask?

Please email support@albiononline.com with the name and details of the software or specific thing you'd like to use or do, and they will respond accordingly.

Happy Friday! ^^

Update (16:45 UTC, 26.02.20):

Mytherceria wrote:

Hi everyone,

Seeing as there has been a fair amount of interest in this topic, we have decided to move all requests to clarify what is and isn't allowed to support@albiononline.com

Just to give you some examples: Albion Online 2D and Albion Data Project are generally ok to use for now, but if the scope of the software changes in the future, then please be aware that our stance on it might change too. So when in doubt, always check with in with support.

We have also reviewed that posting links to said software in this thread may not be the appropriate channel to address this. Therefore, I have removed those links from your posts and closed this thread.

Please contact support if you wish seek clarification on a specific software.

Mytherceria#3744
  • Hey Ms. Community Manager (couldn't help myself),

There are some tools I'd like to get clearance for:

1. Albion Data Client: (deleted)

- Collects market data from network packets;

2. Albion Market Statistics: (deleted)

- Display market statistics from the data collected above;

3. DPS Meter: (deleted)

- Collects damage data from network packets and display them overlayed in the game.

For now I believe those are the ones I'd like to get an ok for.
  • Mytherceria wrote:

• When it comes to data gathering / data mining, we are usually fine with a website aggregating Albion market data if they do so
      • i) using technical means approved by us, and
      • ii) without negatively affecting our servers when collecting the data, and
      • iii) as long as the data is made available on a website and not, for example, through an in-game modification or overlay, and
      • iv) if it does not provide a real-time in-game advantage.

Just for the sake of information, most Loot Logger programs are fine, right? Example: (deleted)
    It just reads network packets (i), which means it doesn't affect your servers (ii), doesn't have an in-game mod or overlay (iii), and doesn't provide real-time advantage because it's the same as just reading the loot tab in real-time (iv).
  • @Mytherceria
    @Talion

Are Auto-Loot Scripts in PvP allowed?
    I'm asking because it would seem that they'd obviously be an instant ban due to how game breaking they are.And yet, I see them being blatantly abused each and every day, from examples on the reddit, to unironical in-guild humor of how blatant the use of auto loot scripts are.

I'm not just asking you to clarify if auto loot scripts are ban worthy or not, I'm asking why aren't you even remotely enforcing the banning of auto loot scripts that are used more than any other exploit in your game?
  • Hi everyone, mazurwiktor, author of albion-online-stats there.

First of all @Mytherceria thank you for creating such post, I would like to see aostats approved since a lot of people are enjoying it. Also, from the begging, policy of this add-on was to not charm and do not cheat.

Currently, since lot's of people want to contribute with add-on development I'm working on more generic and easy to use API. Current implementation was done as a learning process how the game is working. Soon every add-on logic will be implemented in python so everyone can contribute.

I would like to see support for such API in official client, similarly like its achieved in World of Warcraft. If you'd give me an opportunity I'm seeing myself in implementing such feature in official Albion game. But I believe this is out of scope of this topic.

@Mytherceria @Talion if there is anything that would prevents this utility from going officially legal please let me know, I would apply changes as soon as possible.

Ravenar wrote:

felipe128 wrote:

3. DPS Meter: (deleted)

- Collects damage data from network packets and display them overlayed in the game.
    This would be cool to have purely for pve and theory crafting purposes (too lazy to work with spreadsheets). Does the overlay part modify the client, though? That would make it not allowed, right?
    The overlay works like external applicaltion with opacity and always on top behaviour. It doesn't even know that there is Albion game/process, therefore no client modification.
  • Mytherceria wrote:

• iv) we will ban you.

Happy Friday! ^^

WedrowyczJakub wrote:

The overlay works like external applicaltion with opacity and always on top behaviour. It doesn't even know that there is Albion game/process, therefore no client modification.

It seems overlay was mentioned as not aalowed already...
    IGN/Discord : Ravenar#2076
    Join Albion
  • Ravenar wrote:

Mytherceria wrote:

• iv) we will ban you.

Happy Friday! ^^

WedrowyczJakub wrote:

It seems overlay was mentioned as not aalowed already...
    What I ment was that it is external window (like a browser) which can be placed on top of game, but it can be as well placed in other display. Therefore it is not an overlay on top of game.

Btw. You can setup your browser in exactly the same manner.