Suggestion to the dissaray/alliance dodging

    • Suggestion to the dissaray/alliance dodging

      Hi there,

      i have a suggestion for outlands zvz gameplay, that based on what i have seen could make a big change.

      Lore preface.
      One of the big Challenges in warfare is seperating friend from foe. Army banners was the method , and then of course there might be particular famous soldiers like Achilles that would stand out.

      This suggestion is meant to be on top of the already proposed changes with territory debuff and higher disarray and aims to hurt the workarounds as well as adding a bit of flavour and fame for top pvpers.

      please read all below before screaming.
      1. The moment disarray kicks in, all players lose their name,guild and alliance tag.
      2. A banner can be bought for 500 siphon energy and it will show your guild icon as a classic banner, and worn in the off hand.
      3. players can get famous enough in battle to have their identity shown and more depending on amount of pvp fame.
      The fame used for this will be reset at every territory reset.
      5 million pvp fame : Character name shows
      10 mil pvp fame: guild name shows.
      20 million pvp fame - whole groups names are shown.
      30 million pvp fame - whole groups names and guilds are shown
      40 million pvp fame - all players in the guild will have shown their name
      50 million pvp fame. The whole guild will have shown their name and guild.
      60 million pvp fame. The whole guilds will have name, guild and alliance name shown.

      what does this create?.
      This makes it much Much harder to play for large alliances that try to circumvent dissaray and territory penalties.
      This also allows individual players to get visible rewards for high pvp fame of the month, and not only good for one self but also for the guilds and alliances and makes the top pvpers stand out for fame and recognition as well.

      Note.
      i know you could fakefarm pvp fame which is why im not so sure about the guildwide buff, but faking 60 million fame for the month without being obvious about is expensive and it will go away next reset so possibly not worth it.


      In closing this idea is inspired by the aggresor clap on blue army due to having turned nametags off, and the line of thought that this is the exact challenge with multipart wars. Hence the tough general rule, but with possible guildbanners and recognition for top pvp’ers.

      Im pretty sure it would have significant effect

      Frank
    • Ok but here is the problem, it hurts littleguys trying to fight together, smaller guilds will not hit those fame numbers as you need to be in tons of conflict, against people with good gear, the people who do that already are much more likely to get that.


      i would rather see names only, shut off guild tags completely. the only way to see who the guilds are is inspecting them or knowing their names. would shut down large NAP

      you dont need 'fame' to be famous, simply be famous in you group.
    • blappo wrote:

      Ok but here is the problem, it hurts littleguys trying to fight together, smaller guilds will not hit those fame numbers as you need to be in tons of conflict, against people with good gear, the people who do that already are much more likely to get that.
      Are you saying that the littleguys, smaller guilds etc will be the ones dodging the dissaray and territory penalties after the 10th territory?.

      Can you really argue that those small unknown guys trying to fight together will have more than 10 territories in outlands, and this trying to dodge the rules?.
      In this solution those little guys will have a huge advantage as they will be green to each other, and all the benefits - and this would help those a ton.

      The smaller guilds dont need those fame numbers because they will either be allied, in which case they are all green and cannot attack each other, OR they will be unallied and small enough not have the disaray debuff kicking in, in which case all the names ,guild and alliances are there.

      Could you name a specific, and somewhat realistic example of how this would hurt the little guy, instead of the opposite?
    • Sinatra.SUN wrote:

      blappo wrote:

      Ok but here is the problem, it hurts littleguys trying to fight together, smaller guilds will not hit those fame numbers as you need to be in tons of conflict, against people with good gear, the people who do that already are much more likely to get that.
      Are you saying that the littleguys, smaller guilds etc will be the ones dodging the dissaray and territory penalties after the 10th territory?.
      Can you really argue that those small unknown guys trying to fight together will have more than 10 territories in outlands, and this trying to dodge the rules?.
      In this solution those little guys will have a huge advantage as they will be green to each other, and all the benefits - and this would help those a ton.

      The smaller guilds dont need those fame numbers because they will either be allied, in which case they are all green and cannot attack each other, OR they will be unallied and small enough not have the disaray debuff kicking in, in which case all the names ,guild and alliances are there.

      Could you name a specific, and somewhat realistic example of how this would hurt the little guy, instead of the opposite?
      example i fight in naps, but we have disarray, however are not big fish, we use nap to fight off 1941.

      ur system 1941 would be seeing tags and we would be blind as the little guys
    • so in your scenario you are little guys, parked in several alliances working together against 1941?.

      If you are several alliances joining together against a single alliance you are not a little guy anymore.

      feel free to explain a system you see that wouldnt hurt a multialliance collaboration that you describe, and that would still disincentivise dodging territory debuff and disaray for the major players.
    • Sinatra.SUN wrote:

      so in your scenario you are little guys, parked in several alliances working together against 1941?.

      If you are several alliances joining together against a single alliance you are not a little guy anymore.

      feel free to explain a system you see that wouldnt hurt a multialliance collaboration that you describe, and that would still disincentivise dodging territory debuff and disaray for the major players.
      if 1941 has 41 terri and we have 5 we are little, we cant mass their numbers so we work with other small groups.

      I am not suggesting anything to avoid the dodge, i dont care if they do it, but ur suggestion hurts us and not them.
    • Sinatra.SUN wrote:

      yes if you work with a lot of small groups in other alliances, that are not in your actual group , then it will hurt you as well.

      That is where you could consider making an alliance.
      we are an alliance but against alliance 2-3 times our size, it is not easy to just bring new guilds into alliance as they have their own goals and wont submit to anothers will, but the common goal is beating giant assholes. otherwise we are happy to fight each other in real battles 120v120, then push the people who dont fight real battles out of the area 300v120.