Cut all Season points, for all OW content and territory control, by HALF

• Cut all Season points, for all OW content and territory control, by HALF

If we are going to continue this dark comedy that is AO an filled with mega alliances. A world in which everyone admits that nothing is working as intended or desired. We should start asking ourselves why the developers are just shoveling rewards at it and the guilds.

If the system is broken, stop rewarding all the people who are using it to simply harvest game rewards for themselves. There is absolutely no reason that the rewards should be anything near as high as they stand now. It's been the same anti-competitive mess for years. The fact that some groups slide up a spot at the end of the season, or others drop a few spots, doesn't mean anything. It's been the same core organizations since the dawn of time. Occasionally disband and reform under new branding, but we are still talking about the same people doing the same thing, and being rewarded for it like they have been fighting tooth and nail not to be run out of the game.

People will still fight over the season objectives even if you cut the rewards in half. It may not be the same people doing it, but if you put loot out there, up for grabs, people will fight over it. It may not be the same veteran backed mega-alliances though. Which is a GREAT thing. If the rewards for the season are so astronomical that the richest and largest groups are willing to do anything and everything to hold on to control of their developer designed guild welfare payment system, then lets take a look at that welfare payment system.

Every season point is also siphoned energy. Take a moment and go add up the season points of the largest guilds and calculate that as a sum in silver terms. But, hold on first, that is just the beginning remember. These poor guys aren't just fighting over those billions of silver. At the end of the season SBI also hands out battle mounts to the guild leader and his 299 best friends. So sum that up and add it to all the siphoned energy. We can ignore the income generated from holding territories or rent they charge other players and guilds. It's too hard to estimate, but it exists as well.

Everyone, the 80% and the 20% all agree that alliances are not working correctly.

If the entire organizational structure for the part of the game that revolves around the season and its rewards is not functioning correctly, and we all agree about it. Why are the rewards so astronomical. Would any reasonable person give the same prizes out for a rigged game as for a competitive one? I don't know of any. But here we are filling the pockets of the very people who are circumventing and abusing every possible mechanic they can to get the slightest bit ahead of their competitors, who are behaving no differently than they are.

Don't for even a MOMENT think that no one will fight in a world with less rewards. That is a complete fiction. In a world in which 40 guys dive an RD to murder a handful of players, don't pretend that we need to reward people billions of silver to suit up and fight people. Players are constantly telling everyone about how the rewards don't matter to them at all, that they are just there for the fights, and I choose to believe them

Cut the rewards. Remove a percentage of these people who are just there to get rich off the broken systems of the game. Make the game better for everyone.
      Discord: Piddle#7413 "The purpose of existence is simple: everything is fuel for the magmaw." —Jaji, magmaw worshipper
    • Ravenar wrote:

Just a sidenote, I got 600 siphoned energy on my solo guild last season. I guess I got to level 2? :D

I was bit less casual than before I suppose, doing quite a bit of solo random dungeons.

I have no idea how many the mega guilds get?
      300+split per each guild, so if you have 20 guilds, and you level up 1 season, you get 300x20 with the split ratio, however that works. So probably 10,000 per guild every 2-3 level ups, which is like..3.3k is like 10m.. so probably lots of money...if you sell it xd. I really don’t know how the split works, but I know you get a insane amount even with split, and if you have a ton of guilds leveling...then yeah.. you make enough to buy probably your guild all mammoths twice by season end without a pinch if your big.
      But I may be wrong with the split and numbers, but know it’s significant amounts atleast in the millions of silver value
    • Sgtbloodelf wrote:

Ravenar wrote:

Just a sidenote, I got 600 siphoned energy on my solo guild last season. I guess I got to level 2? :D

I was bit less casual than before I suppose, doing quite a bit of solo random dungeons.

300+split per each guild, so if you have 20 guilds, and you level up 1 season, you get 300x20 with the split ratio, however that works. So probably 10,000 per guild every 2-3 level ups, which is like..3.3k is like 10m.. so probably lots of money...if you sell it xd. I really don’t know how the split works, but I know you get a insane amount even with split, and if you have a ton of guilds leveling...then yeah.. you make enough to buy probably your guild all mammoths twice by season end without a pinch if your big.But I may be wrong with the split and numbers, but know it’s significant amounts atleast in the millions of silver value
      That's not how levels, splitting, or math work.
    • SirusX715 wrote:

Sgtbloodelf wrote:

Ravenar wrote:

300+split per each guild, so if you have 20 guilds, and you level up 1 season, you get 300x20 with the split ratio, however that works. So probably 10,000 per guild every 2-3 level ups, which is like..3.3k is like 10m.. so probably lots of money...if you sell it xd. I really don’t know how the split works, but I know you get a insane amount even with split, and if you have a ton of guilds leveling...then yeah.. you make enough to buy probably your guild all mammoths twice by season end without a pinch if your big.But I may be wrong with the split and numbers, but know it’s significant amounts atleast in the millions of silver value
      That's not how levels, splitting, or math work.
      I said I don’t know xd, but you still get 300 and it splits sooo
    • Ravenar wrote:

I hadn't really intended to hit the guild challenge point system with this idea, but I am not opposed either. I was thinking more about blob content and mage raiding.

What is nice is that the developers are throwing so much reward around at these people that you can trim down on it in a lot of ways. I'd prefer the cuts to be aimed as directly as possible at the top 5-10% of competitive guilds.
      Discord: Piddle#7413 "The purpose of existence is simple: everything is fuel for the magmaw." —Jaji, magmaw worshipper
    • Lots of that money is used to fund regears so that the alliances can continue fighting. Without the income, crafters would suffer as there are less orders being completed. Everyone wants to sit here and assume that people don't like the big fights based on a horribly done poll , but there IS a population that does. We have 2 separate continents, one that is for the small guilds and another for the big. I don't see why everyone is angry that the big guilds want to do end game fights. If you don't like it, stay in the Royals.
    • Then keep having the fights. If you are there for the fights then you will show up for 10 energy or 100 energy. This doesn't kill big fights, if what you are saying is true and people love them. It should rationally decrease the amount you spend on the gear you bring, but I suspect rationality only goes so far and people will still gear crutch, even over 2 silver in a bag.

I don't really buy into this "Save the crafters!" narrative. Crafting is just an endless silver printing press in AO. Which makes sense because, you are quite literally turning your own labor into video game money. You deserve a pretty good return on that. I am deranged enough to enjoy it as well, which just makes it all wonderful.

There is no 2 separate continents anymore. That is not how it works at all. Everyone exists and is able to act in both places sort of independently within the new travel system rules. You can fight in the BZ, and 5 minutes later fight in the royals, and so can anyone else. Just keep 2 sets of gear.

The developers keep making it more and more effort to jump through this season point hoop, but have increased the rewards for it over time. It's time to see the rewards as a legitimate thing to change, to change incentives in the game. Make cGvG score more points. Make guild challenge points more of a contribution. Whatever.

Why is a system that everyone agrees isn't working as intended, but have different ideas how to fix, contributing to the winner of the season so much? Why should it?
    • Piddle I would agree with this but the big boys already have billions saved up so this change would only hurt upcoming alliances (although frankly there does not appear to be any upcoming atm). I never thought I would say this but I honestly am leaning towards Albion needing a full wipe at this point. Game has gotten stale.
    • I spent 2 hours and 1 million silver average per day for guild objectives.
      Season last 85 days -> 190 hours and 85 millions.
      Guild scores 150k points (crystal) + 600 millions. 2 millions per member.
      Every member got a mount +30 millions per member.
      So average crystal member trade of 190 hours and 53 millions per season just for crystal avatar ring.
      Piddle you are wrong, The numbers are REAL.
      Top score competition is a sacrifice, not a bussiness.
      WTB skill

The post was edited 1 time, last by gmatagmis ().

• A.Frosted.Wolf wrote:

Lots of that money is used to fund regears so that the alliances can continue fighting. Without the income, crafters would suffer as there are less orders being completed. Everyone wants to sit here and assume that people don't like the big fights based on a horribly done poll , but there IS a population that does. We have 2 separate continents, one that is for the small guilds and another for the big. I don't see why everyone is angry that the big guilds want to do end game fights. If you don't like it, stay in the Royals.
      The problem with that mindset is that the black zone is where all the meaningful fame, silver and everything else in-between exists. Nothing on the Royal continent comes close to matching the gains of the black zone and at the moment it's impossible for smaller groups to make a home for themselves in those zones. Having a place to bank stuff after T7 / T8 dungeon runs is a big deal, and everyone deserves the opportunity to experience the end game PvE without mega alliances pushing them out / locking down all the good zones for themselves.

Something needs to change that makes it possible for smaller groups to survive in the black zone without having to join a mega alliance. Anyone that thinks otherwise is short sighted / greedy.

Introducing more "end game" PvE content is cool, but when most of that new content isn't available to the masses because T7 / T8 zones are often locked down fairly hard that new content isn't reaching everyone.
    • gmatagmis wrote:

I spent 2 hours and 1 million silver average per day for guild objectives.
      Season last 85 days -> 190 hours and 85 millions.
      Guild scores 150k points (crystal) + 600 millions. 2 millions per member.
      Every member got a mount +30 millions per member.
      So average crystal member trade of 190 hours and 53 millions per season just for crystal avatar ring.
      Piddle you are wrong, The numbers are REAL.
      Top score competition is a sacrifice, not a bussiness.
      Your math is pretty craptastic here. It also ignores rent, gathering, objective monopolization, etc. I also didn't say delete the season point system. I said that territory control and OW blob objectives points should be cut. Raise the points for everything else.
    • So, you are already spending more on the blob content than it is worth, and the other content is also better. So reducing the income of OW blob content won't change much for you, and raising the points for everything else will be better for you.

That is what you are saying, and why you are...against this?

Fair, enough.
    • As for rating.
      I swear, 3 players who are raiding mages in 4.1 without artifacts and capes on T3 horses for 30 min per day average during whole season will earn silver rank.
      12 - gold, and 36 crystal.
      I't all about mentality to do it.

I'll tell you more.
      Siphoned energy cost is determined not by mega alliances, but by mage rading being profitable on median level.
      WTB skill

The post was edited 4 times, last by gmatagmis ().

• It would be interesting if in making wizards we not only had to earn season points from the guild, but we also took out.

For example, considering a map that generates 50 daily points:
      We would have parameter 0 - 25 - 50

• 0 to 25 if at the end of the day the map is below 25 points, those points are lost by the dominant guild of the territory.

• 25 to 50 if at the end of the day the map is 25 and above, these points would be earned by the dominant guild in the territory. (as it is today.)

Complementing.
      This would give an objective and a space for small / medium guilds to enter into an alliance, would bring an objective for portal blobs, and would pose a further risk for guilds to maintain territories, in addition to constantly forcing the division to defend territories. It would be like drying more, using what you have and defending it, not leaving with a pacman mentality of more and more ...

The post was edited 1 time, last by Akhenaden ().