Spear Inner Focus needs nerf

    • Spear Inner Focus needs nerf

      I am ready for the hoards of HG rats to pounce on this thread which will further prove my point. Inner focus being on an extreme short CD while also providing a damage AND mobility buff is all kinds of broken. As currently constructed the 1h spear has the ability to 100% dictate the pace of all their encounters with minimal effort/skill required. This build has coronavirus level infected the 2s HG scene and is also abundant in SRDs/OW now. Simply because it has great ability to both fight and run (only item that is strong in both areas hence the broken nature of it). I would suggest either double the CD or remove the mobility increase from this ability.
    • NeverGonnaGiveYouUp_ wrote:

      there is already too many ways to kill such a spear build. no need to trash one of few actually working solo pvp weapons.
      Not bashing, just looking for feedback, how do you counter the build with guardian helm or specter hood, cultist robe, avalonian sandals, 1h spear, taproot. It is tough to break through the heals and if I can, I usually can't stop them from running away.
    • Inner focus was awful to play against before (especially on diver and hellgate rat) because it made the player so mobile a lot of build could never hope to kill them. With the new avalonian sandal the build is absolutely broken.

      You can see this vid to give you an idea of the mobility/kiting potential of that build :

      In a 1v1 situation this build is incredibly safe with massive kill potential.
    • Them gankers did seem pretty bad just saying, The warbow in the first fight was so bad....Missed everything, They also could have canceled his inner focus channel, Really hard to call something OP when judging 1 player that may be better skill wise then the others, Not saying that build its self isn't OP but I can say they could have won if played correct, Also want to point out Pewpew always wears really high tier gear while them gankers seem to be on the lower IP range. I can bet I could come up with a build that could beat that build while also being in the same IP range. I'm beating a carving sword or broad(Broads E has low CD with an intrupid while also being 1handed) sword with a taproot or musiak, guarden helm, gig boots and culist robe would give that build a run for its money.

      The post was edited 6 times, last by Neef ().

    • Neef gig boots would do nothing the spear could just run away. That is the problem the build can choose to fight all outcomes it can win or simply run from fights it cannot. I can easily kill spear in my curse build if they actually attempt to fight me but 90% of the time they go full bail when they see me. I play run on my boots and desecrate but no way I can catch spear if they decide to just run.
    • Tabor wrote:

      Neef gig boots would do nothing the spear could just run away. That is the problem the build can choose to fight all outcomes it can win or simply run from fights it cannot. I can easily kill spear in my curse build if they actually attempt to fight me but 90% of the time they go full bail when they see me. I play run on my boots and desecrate but no way I can catch spear if they decide to just run.
      I thought losing was the problem? Is running away OP? I don't think so if that was true bloodletter would be OP. Running away isn't a problem, Also broad can jump to a target with its E and also carving has catch with its E also, Another option is also running the root W, Idk man. I could beat it..... i damn sure know I wouldn't let that build smash on me, If he runs fuck it alot of people run. Also if you use your gig boots at the correct time he can't run. Example if i back off him let him chase me with his inner focus and boots then pop gig and fight him hes inner focus is now on CD and he can't run from my gig boots, If he E's away I can E to him also.

      I just want to add most people smash all there skills without thinking, That is bad gameplay if you wait on some abilities it can really change the way the fight plays out.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Neef ().

    • The balance is the problem Neef the spear has all positives with big damage and mobility. BL actually has less mobility AND less damage than 1h spear which once again tells you something. And no using you gig boots at correct time means nothing against a spear. I really wonder sometimes how much you actually actively PvP with some of your comments. Have you fought many of these 1h spear builds?
    • Tabor wrote:

      The balance is the problem Neef the spear has all positives with big damage and mobility. BL actually has less mobility AND less damage than 1h spear which once again tells you something. And no using you gig boots at correct time means nothing against a spear. I really wonder sometimes how much you actually actively PvP with some of your comments. Have you fought many of these 1h spear builds?
      Lol.... 1 handed spear doesn't really have high dmg, It can put out decent damge over some time, But if played correct you can beat that build, I will duel you if you want to see me beat that build. I never said it doesn't have high mobility, But if hes running he isn't hurting you either.... not like he has DOTs
    • Dominator86 wrote:

      I agree that claymore might be the way to counter as it has mobility + interrupt. The biggest issue is probably the sandals. The 10 second cooldown is crazy low. I would theory-craft that to counter that build, you likely need to be using those sandals just to keep up.
      Yeah if anything needs the nerf its the AV sandals. Put some AV sandals on a carving and its over.

      EDIT: Really has nothing to do with spear, If you took the spear out and put in a sword you would be calling the sword OP, The sandels are the real problem not the weapon.

      The post was edited 3 times, last by Neef ().

    • Dominator86 wrote:

      Carving is good. I likely would still go claymore for the stun on its E. I think you need to be able to interrupt/stop both the cultist robe and the inner focus. With claymore, you can do that (I think) assuming you use interrupt on w.
      Yeah I mean all the swords are good, Hell broad could prob work better then the claymore with low CD and the interrupt also. being 1 handed also helps... 3 stacks your movement speed is already really good then add in the AV boots and man you could move around really well. I keep talking about carving because it has the most mobility over the other swords, that with stacks and its super good. You could also get more movespeed with the second W that gives what 1 stack 20% movespeed and something else... Kinda like innerfocus alone.

      The post was edited 3 times, last by Neef ().

    • Sithi wrote:

      Inner focus was awful to play against before (especially on diver and hellgate rat) because it made the player so mobile a lot of build could never hope to kill them. With the new avalonian sandal the build is absolutely broken.

      You can see this vid to give you an idea of the mobility/kiting potential of that build :

      In a 1v1 situation this build is incredibly safe with massive kill potential.
      14:02 in that vid, he gets locked down, all channels interrupted. only reason he survives is invis, and had they brought a stalker hood he would have died easily
    • Imo its is bit OP, but currently it is one of the few builds that allows you to play solo in BZ. (My last 20 fight in SRD was: 3 1v1, 5 1v2, 6 1v3 and and 6 1v 4+ enemy). Only the mobility and survivability of this build sometimes allows you to survive and escape. So nerf is necessary but with him, let some solo content resistant to N +1 strategy.
      BTW nerfing spear will not help, ppl will just switch 1H spear to Carving sword( 3x Cheroic Charge, Iron Will, Fearless Strike). Problematic items is new Avalonian boots and combo mobility + cultist robe.
      Boots have too low CD, and against cultist Robe if u are mele and enemy have mobility, interrupt will not help.
    • Niefart wrote:

      Imo its is bit OP, but currently it is one of the few builds that allows you to play solo in BZ. (My last 20 fight in SRD was: 3 1v1, 5 1v2, 6 1v3 and and 6 1v 4+ enemy). Only the mobility and survivability of this build sometimes allows you to survive and escape. So nerf is necessary but with him, let some solo content resistant to N +1 strategy.
      BTW nerfing spear will not help, ppl will just switch 1H spear to Carving sword( 3x Cheroic Charge, Iron Will, Fearless Strike). Problematic items is new Avalonian boots and combo mobility + cultist robe.
      Boots have too low CD, and against cultist Robe if u are mele and enemy have mobility, interrupt will not help.
      It's not OP against players with the same skill level running proper ganking builds that focus on "locking" targets down with silence and having high mobility sets to chase.

      (Let me give you an easy example to counter his avalonian boots... Pike with Demon helm + Hunter shoes (Channel inner focus, use demon helm - use hunter shoes and sprint right towards him * land the auto attack to proc the silence and that should stop the Ava boots, locking him down for a few seconds if you have a claw, he can also use his E to cc and dps him while he's silenced (paired best with demon cape)

      You can put that 1h spear on the hands of a scrub and he won't be able to 1vX a group that knows what they're doing, maybe if the scrub was facing scrubs also he can make scrub plays.

      Put it in the hands of a skilled player and he will be able to make some plays, but there will be limits to that, specially if he was to face a group of his level.

      Albion Pewpew knows full well what he's doing and yet he's also aware that he can still die if he's to face a group of his skill level running proper sets to lock him down.

      In that video it only shows a bunch of potato gankers that could easily die to a pog-log build because they probably didn't know that they can get 1-shot clapped clumping on 1 guy.