Spear Inner Focus needs nerf

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• With the same skill level , and similar gear power/ spec, strategy +1 player will be always the strongest.
      This build is just better generally, then most others, because of its universality. Its really strong on 1 v 1 situation, preatty solid on ganking and running, if enemy dont have specific counter its not so hard to 1 v 2 especially against physical dmg dealers. Only negative is the price.
      For solo players its IMO the best build available in this patch, that's why it's becoming so popular.
      I still think that something should be changed. (I would personally give delay on treatment with cultist robe, and nerf avalonian boots). However, I would do it only after SBI introduces content for solo players that gives them a chance for good pvp. Currently, this build is a necessary response on group of gankers prevailing in every solo content location.
    • Obviously this build can be countered and killed. The issue with it is the following :

1 : if you don't have the right set of skill, you can't hope to kill it nor to run from it. Even if you outnumber it, it will still be able to kill you. There is no hope to kill, to disengage or to make the spear player flee. N+1 shouldn't be an answer to anything, but at least it should give you protection against solo player. Same goes for ip. This build don't give a shit about item tiers or number advantage. You either have the right tool to counter him, or die. Dosen't matter if you are 4 and he is alone, or if you have 250 ip more than him.

2 : It have everything a solo player can hope for : extreme mobility, high sustain, high tankiness. When you play solo, you usually have to make choice and commit to certain skill, giving up on other. Like, if I want mobility, I loose damage or tankiness. But this build dosen't have to choose, meaning that in a 1v1 situation, it will always at least have as many tools as you, most likely more.

As an example, I have a solo build designed for high mobility. If I face this build, I STILL can't escape it because it (most likely) has as much mobility as I. Yet it also has a lot of tankiness, and a lot of kill potential, that i don't have. So I'm unable to kill him.

Most likely, in a 1v1 situation, this build will win. Dosen't matter the skill gap or the ip gap between the two player, this build played right is just mechanically gonna win. The issue here is not that it counter or kill some build, but simply that with an unfavorable build, you will loose to this build almost certainly, and that most build out there in the game ARE unfavorable build.

3 : It's incredibly safe. It dosen't matter if the build is crazy expensive, because if you play it right and don't yolo your way in 1vX fight (wich you could reasonably do with this build as insane as it seems), you just won't die. So a lot of user don't back on using 8.1 spear, 8.1 helm, T6.3 robe, T6.3taproot,simply because the build is safe and give so much kill potential that it pay itself in the very unlikely case where you die. Most build out there don't bring 8.1 gear to the blackzone because it just dosen't pay itself, there will always be N+1 situation where you might loose it. This build is an exeption, and so the player that run it can reasonably outgear you.
    • Albion pew pew mainly uses this build with 400 this build already has gotten 4 nerfs, sandals of purity, cultist robe is getting nerfed, scholar sandals got nerfed, and spear already isn’t that high of burst against full builds, it’s a poke build .
      He also has literally 400 specs, most copy cats of the build dont, the levitate is just extremely potential.
      Also it’s a cast, get interrupt or purge, tah dah. Now inner focus is useless, this is literally 80% of the time what straight up forces this build to run away from that fight.
      purge and interrupts.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sgtbloodelf ().

• Sgtbloodelf wrote:

Tabor wrote:

Any even half knowledgeable spear user does not channel his W right on your face so your purge/interrupt means jack. They typically use E or feet to create space and then W to be way gone. This is what they do the second they feel any hint of danger.
      are you stupid? Purge him after he uses it rofl, it’s a active.

Not bashing just wondering, what weapon/armor has the ability to purge every 10 seconds. I think you need to be able to purge that much to keep up with the cooldown of the sandals.
    • Dominator86 wrote:

Sgtbloodelf wrote:

Tabor wrote:

Any even half knowledgeable spear user does not channel his W right on your face so your purge/interrupt means jack. They typically use E or feet to create space and then W to be way gone. This is what they do the second they feel any hint of danger.
      are you stupid? Purge him after he uses it rofl, it’s a active.
      Not bashing just wondering, what weapon/armor has the ability to purge every 10 seconds. I think you need to be able to purge that much to keep up with the cooldown of the sandals.
      you can’t purge sandals, but you can purge the inner focus. Also fiend hood cools down pretty fast to counter it. Let me correct myself there. Also Avalonian gear is meant to be powerful, just stating that, as for 10 second cd, i assume that’s with food, cool down should be higher is all I can say
    • Inner Focus makes spear the fastest weapon in the game. But remeber it can be countered. Thats why its only played solo and small scale, where the chance of people bringing the counter is low. I think cutting numbers from 8% to 5% is an overnerf. The attribute would be almost 40% lower! I think its too much and u cut the spears too hard so that they wont be played at all.
      Please go from 8% to 6% at least and test this first instead of a radical nerf. And at the same time think of alternitives. The spear right now has no spot where it shines, besides the mobility from Inner Focus. Not in 5v5, nor in ZvZ it is played. It gets literally beaten by swords in any context. Glaive is like a forgotten relict that nobody cares for.

Conclusion: Yes nerf Inner Foucs but dont go too far. At the same time think about making the spear line in general more attractive again. :thumbsup: