[Building Suggestion] - Tavern

    • [Building Suggestion] - Tavern

      Hi

      As a person who very often does group events I would like to propose a building called the "Tavern".

      The idea behind the Tavern is to solve an un-fun aspect of Albion which is waiting for other players. It can be frustrating when you have to wait in a hideout or a city for 30min just trying to find/wait a group to do activities with.



      The idea is a place where players can sit down, relax and chat with other players.While they wait they will passively gain a buff called "Good mood".
      The buff "Good mood" slowly stacks over time (similar to gathering buff) and provides a small fame bonus buff after leaving the tavern.

      Example:
      For each minute you sit at the tavern you get a X% bonus fame up to a max of Y% (waiting for 30 minutes) which lasts up to 2 hours.

      Although the bonus fame buff won't be big, it at least gives players some benefit of having to wait in the game and not feel punished for it. Additionally, it could be a great way to create more social content in the game.
    • Worros wrote:

      If they offer this sitting in the tavern becomes a must before each FF. You will not get players talking there. Tavern would be full of AFK people stacking up the buff for their next outing.
      As I mentioned, the buff will not be strong.
      It will be good enough that you won't feel punished for waiting but will not be as effective if you just go straight away to FF.

      Ex: Getting a 5% Fame Buff for 2 hours is really bad if you are waiting for 30min.
    • OceanSpirit wrote:

      Worros wrote:

      If they offer this sitting in the tavern becomes a must before each FF. You will not get players talking there. Tavern would be full of AFK people stacking up the buff for their next outing.
      As I mentioned, the buff will not be strong.It will be good enough that you won't feel punished for waiting but will not be as effective if you just go straight away to FF.

      Ex: Getting a 5% Fame Buff for 2 hours is really bad if you are waiting for 30min.
      Even if it was 1% it would become mandatory. People will afk there non stop.

      Don't get me wrong. I like the idea of the inn / tavern but giving a fame buff would be too much. Maybe dmg and dmg reduction against mobs?
    • I like the idea, There could be a board in the center which linked to the party finder system (Which needs a major rework and my suggestions on that can be found on this post Party Finder Change ) with also having another Message type board for guild recruiting with a silver cost this would allow guilds to post things about there guild and the type of players they are looking for would be nice, Another cool option would be to have a 3rd "Guild" board that listed all guilds because currently finding guilds without being in a guild is a pain and the G list when not in a guild only shows "Top" or Older guilds, There is no complete list other then maybe the season board which doesn't help new players looking for a guild. This could also be the start of a new destiny board line called "Dancing" and "Music" lines for entertainment and maybe giving buffs out for people around them playing music and dancing in the traven only or set locations only. Theses buffs could depend on the dance and type of song being played and players would need to "watch" the dancer or song player to get the buff this would range from small XP buffs for PVE to small dmg buffs for PVE to mob dps being lowered, Really tons of options there. Could also offer some buffs for crafting and gathering. Would be a great way to bring players together.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Neef ().

    • Ok hopefully i dont pop everyones bubble with this, but WoW did this already.

      AFK in town and you build bonus exp for your next level based on how long ur offline..

      HERE is the key to balancing it, The first time they tried to do it they put in a playtime nerf instead, you would get less than 100% xp unless you took a break.
      everyone was pissed. So instead they nerfed xp to do the same thing but you had to have a xp buff to get full xp.... no one noticed how odd... but they nerfed the whole games xp then gave them a buff, which really means they did an activity nerf as intended. just skinned it as a buff.


      I would like more RP elements, however idk that this one fits the game... i would say get food buffs from their, but markets have food so why would u have it?

      Perhaps if they institute drinks, and you could buy limited time buffs that are different, and you could only get them by going to a tavern... even so only RPers would use it to RP everyone else would just walk in and grab it...

      Perhaps if you select a drink then have to drink it over a period at a table, with a group then maybe people would choose to not get it ,and some would choose to get it...

      I think drinks would be the way to go.. selecting fame, or silver drop, or cd, or mana regen, or something to go up by a small percent would be ok i think.
    • blappo wrote:

      Ok hopefully i dont pop everyones bubble with this, but WoW did this already.

      AFK in town and you build bonus exp for your next level based on how long ur offline..

      HERE is the key to balancing it, The first time they tried to do it they put in a playtime nerf instead, you would get less than 100% xp unless you took a break.
      everyone was pissed. So instead they nerfed xp to do the same thing but you had to have a xp buff to get full xp.... no one noticed how odd... but they nerfed the whole games xp then gave them a buff, which really means they did an activity nerf as intended. just skinned it as a buff.


      I would like more RP elements, however idk that this one fits the game... i would say get food buffs from their, but markets have food so why would u have it?

      Perhaps if they institute drinks, and you could buy limited time buffs that are different, and you could only get them by going to a tavern... even so only RPers would use it to RP everyone else would just walk in and grab it...

      Perhaps if you select a drink then have to drink it over a period at a table, with a group then maybe people would choose to not get it ,and some would choose to get it...

      I think drinks would be the way to go.. selecting fame, or silver drop, or cd, or mana regen, or something to go up by a small percent would be ok i think.
      Thats why my dancing and song buff system works soo much better, Like in Starwars Galaxies, It worked great while that game also had food and drink buffs, But the buffs from watching dancers or instrument players would give different types of buffs and this was only allowed in the cantine. It created alot of RP for theses cantines and also allowed players to get to know other players while "hanging" out in the cantine for a bit. Theses cantines were in every city and player city.
    • Worros wrote:

      Even if it was 1% it would become mandatory. People will afk there non stop.
      Don't get me wrong. I like the idea of the inn / tavern but giving a fame buff would be too much. Maybe dmg and dmg reduction against mobs?
      I don't think it would become mandatory. The worst case scenario "abuse" is someone leaving their computer on while they are sleep at night to get a 5% fame buff for 2 hours (and even then there are ways to prevent afk like mini games). Some possible ideas could also be ales/beers that players can drink. Possibly different effects? Like maybe a fame buff, or a silver buff, or a damage reduction buff, etc.

      Ravenar wrote:

      I like the idea of a Tavern building. But I would see it more a physical LFG place instead of giving a boost. Maybe some could use it to recruit people to their guild... Maybe a in-game message board with a silver fee?

      Not sure if people would use it. Or if people would use it too much and it would be a lagfest place :D

      I think the main point should be that it provides players that are either afk or waiting a designated place to provide a form of "passive content" for the game. There could be taverns with special ales that can be bought that provide effects similar to food, a place to find groups physically, maybe a small board where you can pin a message for your guild on recruiting for a silver price. (Of course, you can also pay an extra fee if you want to put your message ontop of an older one)



















      @Neef
      I really like the ideas you suggested with dancing, music and in general the idea of "soft skills" that aren't powerful, but at least interesting and fun. It'd really add more to the whole "sandbox" of the game.

      @blappo
      Yeah I agree that having drink could be a cool option. It can act as a silver sink and at the same time maybe it can compromise the buffs? For example, each alcoholic drink you consume gives a stack of a buff (with a cap). However if you drink too much too fast you get sick and lose all your bonuses.
    • I really like the Tavern idea from an RP perspective: What is currently lacking is a gathering point for story development which is not overcrowded but easily accessible.

      How about making one plot available per major city for player rent, where a "Tavern" can be rented. Ideally somewhat further down the cities plot areas.
      The owner could offer Drinks through a shop window (like any other existing merchant building). Drinks could have both cosmectical and/or buff element.

      People that are interested in "social interaction/roleplay" (actually using the /s or /e) have a public go-to point which is not too close to banks and markets.