Mercenary Laborers

• Economy
    • Georg51 wrote:

Just add a proc to return runes, souls, and relics with the merc laboror books of their corresponding tier, and boom they become profitable.

Easy fix, easy to balance, wont make them op
      Yeah would be nice, I believe at one point in time this is how merc labors worked, They gave runes, souls. Don't think relic's were around yet when this was a thing, But yeah I believe something needs to be done, Make it harder to fill different tiers like crafting and refining ones. If its a t7 journal then you must kill t7+ mobs. Make the fame higher to fill a book also. Make it more balanced and people will use them, Currently the reward is like nothing and isn't worth the limited bag slots we have.
    • Fusionbomb wrote:

Runes/souls addition is better than nothing.

I personally like the idea of multiplying the fame requirement/silver reward. Seems pretty straight forward and an easy change.
      Agreed. It should be at least better than buying filled journals for craftsmen laborers and getting materials for literally 0 risk. People will carry the journals with them and there will be a risk of losing them. I am also okay with them increasing the journal cost greatly to increase risk-reward.
    • Merc journals should give more silver. Even 5x of the amount they give now. Maybe just have base silver there static along with possibility to get runes/relics/souls of merc tier which increases with happiness.

Base silver should be way higher though or then runes/souls/relics should be somewhat decent amount to stay on par with other laborers. Runes/Souls/Relics on T6-8 are somewhat expensive so that could cover up the profitability of merc journals.

I mean with other laborers you can make more profit even if you buy full journals off market and just send your laborers to do them.

Merc journals should require way more Fame. Look at fishermen journals or gathering journals. Those require quite long time to fill up even with gathering gears and max specs and maybe even avalonian tools. When/if merc journals get fixed. They should add up fame requirement 5x or even 10x. So it takes longer to fill them. Now you can do 1 floor of dungeon and fill up 10+ merc journals. If it was around 1 floor > 1 merc journal filled or so. Then it seems reasonable. Meaning fame req. should be like 10x of what it is now.

Not everyone crafts or gathers. Merc journals should be for those dungeon grinders.

I dont grind so much. i Mostly craft/gather, but still i think Merc laborers are just garbage.

Prices on blocks etc are rising all the time so Mercs are becoming less and less good while other journals still give good profit and pay back house costs quite quickly.

Oh fun thing is that if you compare laborer journals in market. Gathering and crafting laborer journals actually give you good profit even if you buy them as full.

while Mercenary journals (full) cost more way more than what they can give if rng is on your side and you get max reward... :D whats the thing about that?

The post was edited 2 times, last by JikiBoo ().

• Could return tomes.
      Mercs are geared towards players that prefer combat over econ, so it would make sense and actually benefit the players to reward them with small amount's of fame.
      IDK why the runes/souls return was scrapped, and i like this idea as i often enchant my gear, but fame returns seems like a good fit for the merc laborers.
    • True. silver could stay same as it is now if they also gave untradeable fame tomes. 2k fame ones for example in bulk depending on tier. Maybe T8 could actually give tomes of insight.

But still. some more silver. Even double would be good. Like i said above. If you look at markets. It doesnt make sense that full books cost more than what you can get with max rewards. even empty book cost more.
    • Very easy fix for this would be same as with fishing journals aka you can fill up journals with any tier mob.

You wouldnt have to go to t8 bz to fill up t8 journals. as T7-8 merc journals are "worth it" most. you could fill them up even at t4 blue zone even if its slower.

this way if you wanted that "less risky" way to still do mercs on higher tiers. You could just do hunter cd or what ever. hide gathering etc would fill them up too slowly.

On top of that. If silver stays same. Imo fame should be cut to half or so. Though enabling to fill them up on any tier would be good.

I mean filling up some journals is fine, but like i said above. Filling up even lets say 33, 66 or even 99 (3islands) worth of journals each day is quite big chore. You cannot buy them because (full) journals tend to cost more than what you can get.

while any other journal you canbuy as full and still make profit. Yes even gathering ones bring profit even if you buy all journals as full.

So my suggestion is to make merc journals tier free or atleast enable 2-3 tier lower mobs to fill up fame. Ie. T8 journals require t5-6 mobs to fill. Or make it even 1-2 tier lower aka t6 or even t7.

T8 zones are very rare and riskiest of them all. Also those areas are controlled by big guilds/alliances and you will die with high chances if you go there without being in those guilds/alliances. By enabling even 1tier lower mobs to fill those journals up. you could do it with a bit less risk and give more options for filling them up.

Ideally it would be 2 or even 3 tier lower mobs enabled to fill up journals.

Still mercs would be least profitable laborers, but enable them to be used more effectively. Worth it more then.

I tested mercs out in 99 and even 198 bulk and it was bad. You cannot fill up so many journals well every day. it takes hours to do so. While you can just buy 99 or 198 gathering / crafting journals and still make more profit vs mercs. I tested grinding t7 and t6 journals. It was bad. Only real option was to grind out T5 journals or even t4 and thats very bad silver wise per merc. avg of about 1.5k silver per merc with 150% happiness on t4 journals. grinding out 200 t4 journals a day was chore and could bring max of about 280-300k silver a day. while 200 t5 merc journals were better silver. Avg of like 2.4-2.5k silver with 150% happiness per merc. Bringing total of avg 460-500k silver a day. but even 200 T5 journals was really big chore. needs literally hardcore grinding for hours.

Now you need to keep in mind.. you could do even 200 blacksmiths. Just buy journals full and still earn 1-2m++ a day easy with zero effort. you can do same for gathering laborers.

So in that mind thats why i said above they should cut the fame requirement half if silver stays same. Its very small profit for quite a lot of time invested and very hard to do in bigger bulks and only way mercs are worth something with their tiny silver is when theyre in bulk. full island or multiple islands full of them.

The post was edited 2 times, last by JikiBoo ().

• At this point I will take any change that brings the Mercenary laborers a bit closer to the other laborer types. They've been subpar for so long it's absurd. The game's developers wouldn't even acknowledge they exist ingame and it was probably a mistake of Hellements to comment in the thread, but he's doing his best to ignore it now, so everything is back on track I suppose.
    • I know it has bin said here before by a few, but I would like to throw in with the idea of them bring Back runes, souls and relics with the added chance of getting Silver bags. To tell the truth I never liked the fact that the Merc-labor didn't contribute more to the games resource economy.
    • DogMerchant wrote:

I know it has bin said here before by a few, but I would like to throw in with the idea of them bring Back runes, souls and relics with the added chance of getting Silver bags. To tell the truth I never liked the fact that the Merc-labor didn't contribute more to the games resource economy.
      Agree! Or maybe fame tomes. After all, well, you need "fame" to use them right?
    • Georg51 wrote:

Just add a proc to return runes, souls, and relics with the merc laboror books of their corresponding tier, and boom they become profitable.

Yes Merc labourers need reworking, If they give back kinda how a fishing labourer gives back in runes, souls, relics that could be could. Not as many Obviously but instead of the rare fish you get souls/relics for the T5 T7 returns. Sharks could be the T8 relic. Plus bring back an amount of silver to cover. Have them so they can't be filled in HCE only open world and increase the amount of fame to fill them.
      [i][u][b]"Best not type too much I may get in trouble"[/b][/u][/i]
    • Zoream wrote:

Georg51 wrote:

Yes Merc labourers need reworking, If they give back kinda how a fishing labourer gives back in runes, souls, relics that could be could. Not as many Obviously but instead of the rare fish you get souls/relics for the T5 T7 returns. Sharks could be the T8 relic. Plus bring back an amount of silver to cover. Have them so they can't be filled in HCE only open world and increase the amount of fame to fill them.
      You can only fill up to T6 in HCE tho, because the mobs there are T6, so it wouldnt be so bad
    • The profit in craft workers is:

t4 = 3k per journal at 150%
      t5 = 6k per journal at 150%
      t6 = 10-12k per journal at 150%
      t7 = 20k per journal at 150%
      t8 = 40k per journal at 120%

6k in a t8 mercenary is a joke: need t8 house (around 10m investment to build) and profit is equal to t5 craft journal, it need only t6 house (around 1m investment)

dont care how much hard/time will be need to fill mercenary journals, what is important is the final profit for each jornaul be similar to others journals
    • Guilefulwolf wrote:

What about increasing the fame required to fill them in a way it would take ~ the same amount of time to fill them as the other gathering books and making the rewards also alike in silver amounts.
      The issue is you can fill INCREDIBLE ammounts of those in HCE (T6 only). Like, hundreds per run, because of the high fame. So if you make it match "that", they would be super hard to fill in any other content
    • How about reduce the relation between fame earned and fame used to fulfill the contract when killing low level rank monster?

As I see, the problem is that a T8 mercenary journal is fulfilled only when you kill a T8 monsters, that are not so common, and are in dangerous areas. Allow the journal to be fufilled by lower tier monster will allow the journal to be fulfilled too fast. So, how about a reduced rate of journal fulfilment for lower tier monster, that reduce the risk to found and kill monsters in more dangerous areas, but still take the same (or higher) amoung of time that fulfilling journals for gathering or crafting activies?

Last say, if you kill a T8 monster, you fulfill the journal with 100% of the erned fama, if you kill a T7, 10%, 1% for T6 and 0% for T5 and lower (just random choose numbers).