Cancelled Limited Alliance Test and the Impacts..

• Cancelled Limited Alliance Test and the Impacts..

I think the placement of hideouts for one is garbage. Hell, the name implies its a hidden fort. Hence, "hideout.". Regardless though, me and a few buddies returned to this game, renewed our premium and started recruiting to take part in this limited alliance test. We placed our hideout on Friday in a 5-9:00 UTC zone at 8:37. We were pretty discreet about placing the hideout to begin with. I carried it out 3 days prior on a spectral boar and stashed it in the WC. Within 5 minutes of placing it, the owning alliance showed up and started poking at us. within 10 minutes a second alliance showed up and tried to destroy it. With only have 7 players there to defend it, we somehow managed to fend off the attack, and enter phase two.

On the second day, I get PM'd saying "We are going to demolish your hideout for not "complying" with our fees. Most of my guild disbanded prior to the queen update due to our frustration with the Merge or be kicked mentality of larger alliances brought on by the point sharing system. Regardless, we were hopeful of these soon to be changes and were excited to take part in something that encouraged small time guilds to get a foot hold.

Unfortunately, No Queue (34 member guild) will not have a hideout, and were greeted by a t3 blob to "greet" us at our nearly established hideout. At least change the name to "Fort" rather than a "hideout"

I'm fully prepared for the hate filled responses of "4mil is reasonable, 250k /day is reasonable". Yet, there is nothing keeping them to that, and if the territory flips than we'd be screwed regardless. Just would have been nice to at least experience a hideout and utilize what it has.. er... had to offer.
    • jwhite179 wrote:

With only have 7 players there to defend it, we somehow managed to fend off the attack, and enter phase two.
      So every 7 players should get a personal hideout in bz? Seriously?

If you expected that alliance cap would give 7 men army any way to have an independent hideout, you are delusional and don't know this game.

P.S. [ARCH] If your small guild/alliance wants a hideout (NOT TROLLING)

The post was edited 2 times, last by Gerrit ().

• Gerrit wrote:

Hollywoodi wrote:

Now they fully depend on you, because the system gives them zero chance to defend it..
      The system or their unwillingness to defend? 20 dedicated people is definitely a force in bz. Would be welcomed to 2-nd tier territory holding alliances.
      You have to fight or to pay to live in bz and it's ok.
      and in Martlock you just have to PM me on discord instead of fighting/paying for a hideout.... it cant get much easier than that for small guilds.
    • jwhite179 wrote:

At least change the name to "Fort" rather than a "hideout"
      Why? You can hide in it. In fact you can Hide Out in it. It beggars belief that people get so caught up with semantics. Although to be fair I’ve been guilty of that myself with the roaming mobs, but it really doesn’t matter.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter

The post was edited 1 time, last by Midgard ().

• I didn't got the idea of placing hideout for small guilds. What are you guys planing to do with the hideouts there? with no money, there is no different between a hideout and a bank in bz. U can use bz city for that. Please let me know what are you guys planing with the hideouts? I really want to know.
      It is like wasting money for nothing. instead of placing hideouts, u guys can go around kick some people ass in bz. People dont always go around with ZvZ gear, there are always gatherer, newbie, etc... in any big alliance

The post was edited 3 times, last by ZzzDevilVNzzZ ().

• To the OP first off I 100% agree the hideout system is garbage and that was more on the devs for poor communication. Hideouts are no where near meant for small guilds and barely even medium guilds due to the behavior you mentioned above of the big alliance demands. With all that said I do not think they have any plans on changing this so I would recommend basing out of one of the BZ cities with your group. Yes the Markets are shit right now and frankly always probably will be because of the no stations (this public hideout BS is not working before those people try to chime in). However now that they at least fixed the fast travel you can simply run a bunch of gear out from the Royals to the BZ city of your choice every 5 days or so as a group for some safety and live out of there and still enjoy the BZ zones around them.
    • The devs caved plain and simple. The whole “they were culling the casuals” excuse is just that an excuse to hide behind. This game would benefit from more small guilds that have a real impact on pvp, but they are choose the 4-5 large alliances as the premiere gameplay instead. The mmo landscape is littered with dead mmo corpses from similar approaches over the years. Lets hope AO does not become another in a long line of bad dev decisions because they are out of touch with their average customer.
    • I believe the dev-team should limit the fee charge.

Like it becomes automatically fee, If your guild own the territory and see another guild setting up a hideout, your guild leader can charge the fee over that hideout.
      That guild leader will see the demanding hideout fee, its up to him/her accept or not.

The same way the other guild leader, can click their hideout and request to pay the hideout fee for the map owner, so its up to the map owner to accept it or not.

The fee amount, its a fixed amount setup by devs. So this way it ends the extortion too.
    • ZzzDevilVNzzZ wrote:

I didn't got the idea of placing hideout for small guilds. What are you guys planing to do with the hideouts there? with no money, there is no different between a hideout and a bank in bz. U can use bz city for that. Please let me know what are you guys planing with the hideouts? I really want to know.
      It is like wasting money for nothing. instead of placing hideouts, u guys can go around kick some people ass in bz. People dont always go around with ZvZ gear, there are always gatherer, newbie, etc... in any big alliance
      Resource return rate for vendors. For a small guild trying to boost its wealth and player base- the return rates for crafting offer unparalleled support. It's cheaper for gatherers and players to just invest into one zone. Immediate access to dungeons, resources, maybe a few zones of travel to PvP. Maybe muster up what you can to try and hit a territory for fun (no real interest in owning a zone territory tbh).

In the terms of ZvZ, it's quite difficult to train new players to properly zvz when their first encounter is 10 v 50+.. They get discouraged, they get frustrated, and they usually avoid a follow up confrontation (or they play too skittishly the next time you fight). The black zone cities are honestly terrible. There's a repair station and a bank, that's it. The Auction houses are typically 60-120% overpriced (which for a new player is ridiculous).

I firmly believe that hideouts should replace towns, and I think every guild should be restricted to One hideout /100 players in their guild. A t3 hideout has enough building slots to make a guild fully operational out of the blackzone, with only having to travel to the royals for food/potions/capes/mounts (due to lack of farm plots and access to royal rep grinds).
    • Gerrit wrote:

jwhite179 wrote:

With only have 7 players there to defend it, we somehow managed to fend off the attack, and enter phase two.
      So every 7 players should get a personal hideout in bz? Seriously?
      If you expected that alliance cap would give 7 men army any way to have an independent hideout, you are delusional and don't know this game.

The first day of placing the hideout I was uneducated on their functionality. I was under the impression that it would be "Hidden" until built. (of course being visible if stumbled upon). My guild spends every day from 5-9 in this zone gathering and working out of that warcamp. The zone time is DEAD. We've crossed maybe... 5-6 players in the past week? The moment we established that hideout, everyone and their mother goes there to get a piece of it.
    • jwhite179 wrote:

Gerrit wrote:

jwhite179 wrote:

So every 7 players should get a personal hideout in bz? Seriously?If you expected that alliance cap would give 7 men army any way to have an independent hideout, you are delusional and don't know this game.

The first day of placing the hideout I was uneducated on their functionality. I was under the impression that it would be "Hidden" until built. (of course being visible if stumbled upon). My guild spends every day from 5-9 in this zone gathering and working out of that warcamp. The zone time is DEAD. We've crossed maybe... 5-6 players in the past week? The moment we established that hideout, everyone and their mother goes there to get a piece of it.
      Why did you cut the part out where you were potty mouthing my mother and where you said "we'll secure it and smash you guys". Battle report shows 21 v 18.... pretty close numbers. If you would said this is what we can afford X we woulda worked w/ you. We have plenty of small guilds that place hideouts in our area w/ no problems.

Don't turn you acting like you're the best Albion player and finding out the hard way you're a scrub into a sob story.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
    • Leyos wrote:

jwhite179 wrote:

Gerrit wrote:

jwhite179 wrote:

So every 7 players should get a personal hideout in bz? Seriously?If you expected that alliance cap would give 7 men army any way to have an independent hideout, you are delusional and don't know this game.
      Why did you cut the part out where you were potty mouthing my mother and where you said "we'll secure it and smash you guys". Battle report shows 21 v 18.... pretty close numbers. If you would said this is what we can afford X we woulda worked w/ you. We have plenty of small guilds that place hideouts in our area w/ no problems.
      Don't turn you acting like you're the best Albion player and finding out the hard way you're a scrub into a sob story.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
      The same reason I didn't post the PM's from your guild bud, I'm not their mother. I don't take account for their actions/words.
      Your battlereport is terribly inaccurate then, because I don't even have 18 individual players in my guild to begin with. I will gladly post the guild roster if you are ever so inclined to lie.

34 members including alts, and 10+ members who haven't logged in over 5 months.

The post was edited 1 time, last by jwhite179 ().