Red flag hunting Faction flag in yellow zone

• Korn wrote:

1. Change the system such that red flagged players can be executed in yellow zones. That would fix the issue. The downside is that it would prevent the open world knockdown PvP between reds that can in theory happen in yellow zones. Does anybody here have a good feeling for how popular this actually is?

This is the option I'd like to see. It's a minimal change, fixes the issue, and makes world-sense (outlaws shouldn't get the protection of laws).

The caveat is that I wouldn't want conditional-flagged blue players to be executable.

Korn wrote:

2. Change the system such that red flagged players cannot attack faction players in yellow zones. That would be very odd in our view as it's quite inconsistent.

Yep, this option seems odd. :)

Korn wrote:

3. Change the system such that faction warfare in itself in yellow and blue zones becomes knockdown only. Rewards for being faction flagged in yellow and blue would be lowered and would be increased in the red zones accordingly. We'd also set up a solution that still allows trade packs to be looted just as before. What's interesting here is that - come the improved faciton warfare system planned in one of our upcoming updates - it could become a very good training ground to help players to eventually transition to full loot PvP proper.

I don't like this option for several reasons:
      • A great deal of faction-flagged content already happens outside cities, and it's extremely easy to join (throw on some gear, flag up, and walk outside). This proposal would stifle that (I can't see zergs going at it just for knockdown silver). Pushing the full-loot PvP to the red zones would, I believe, result in fewer players participating.
      • The system in which faction-flagging reorients the entire Royals to full-loot PvP is awesome. I've always liked it since I started, and I still think it's a brilliant design. I'd hate to see that lost.
      • Subjecting faction-flagged PvP to only being full-loot in the red zones would break immersion for me: it makes sense that the Royals are fighting each other everywhere, including to the doorsteps of the enemy cities.
      • As a new player, I enjoyed being in blue/yellow zones and watching faction-flagged zergs go at it in full-loot PvP. Call it a low risk, real-time learning experience. If full-loot faction flagging moved to the red zones only, that would be lost.
    • Korn wrote:

Another option:

4. Treat "red flagged" as a pseudo-faction. This means that "reds" can kill faction flagged players and be killed by them, also in blue and yellow zones. The key difference is though that reds can of course still attack reds, and that reds would be subject to the reputation system.
      Don't do this. I can already see new players being tricked into marking red then getting killed off.
    • Korn wrote:

Hey there,

we are aware of this issues and are looking at various ways this could be fixed.

There are different ways in principle to tackle this. Here are a few possibilities - all with pros and cons:

1. Change the system such that red flagged players can be executed in yellow zones. That would fix the issue. The downside is that it would prevent the open world knockdown PvP between reds that can in theory happen in yellow zones. Does anybody here have a good feeling for how popular this actually is?

2. Change the system such that red flagged players cannot attack faction players in yellow zones. That would be very odd in our view as it's quite inconsistent.

3. Change the system such that faction warfare in itself in yellow and blue zones becomes knockdown only. Rewards for being faction flagged in yellow and blue would be lowered and would be increased in the red zones accordingly. We'd also set up a solution that still allows trade packs to be looted just as before. What's interesting here is that - come the improved faciton warfare system planned in one of our upcoming updates - it could become a very good training ground to help players to eventually transition to full loot PvP proper.

Which one of these would you prefer and why? Any other ideas? Please let us know.
      ah yes, let people lose thousands if not millions to a exploit and not immediately implant the change for something common sense, nice to know SBI doesn’t care
      Legit just do number two, blue zones and yellow zones are meant to be safe contestments, and risk for faction flagged, not for red players. They want that content go red or flagged, christ.
      Or punish another piece of content over your failure to fix a simple exploit. If you make it lootable then guess what starts happening? Oh those same people start going after anyone, zz
      Wait another two months SBI to care I guess

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sgtbloodelf ().

• Korn wrote:

Hey there,

we are aware of this issues and are looking at various ways this could be fixed.

There are different ways in principle to tackle this. Here are a few possibilities - all with pros and cons:

This fix this issues .

Korn wrote:

Another option:

4. Treat "red flagged" as a pseudo-faction. This means that "reds" can kill faction flagged players and be killed by them, also in blue and yellow zones. The key difference is though that reds can of course still attack reds, and that reds would be subject to the reputation system.
      So u wanna reds kiling new players in blue zone ?

The post was edited 1 time, last by dfgfdg ().

• @Korn

I think your fourth option is nice but then you have to accept the fact that a red-flagged player may be downed by blue guys and then executed by faction-flagged players which basically means you created the reverse problem.
      That's why people have suggested an immunity to execute during the 3 mn down time if downed by another player on a yellow zone. Of course the pks may just adapt and tag / untag while in red zones without adding this measure.
      If you want more people to practise in the yellow zones, give them more space and perhaps turn the former territory "squares" back to conditionnal pvp (with an additional chest or a higher density of resources).
    • dfgfdg wrote:

Korn wrote:

Hey there,

This fix this issues .

Korn wrote:

Another option:

They wont be-able to kill blue players with option 4.
    • Korn wrote:

Another option:

I would support this.

Volnay wrote:

@Korn

I think your fourth option is nice but then you have to accept the fact that a red-flagged player may be downed by blue guys and then executed by faction-flagged players which basically means you created the reverse problem.
      That's why people have suggested an immunity to execute during the 3 mn down time if downed by another player on a yellow zone. Of course the pks may just adapt and tag / untag while in red zones without adding this measure.
      Valid points. Hostile flags have the option to take on and remove their flag in any zone, to they can play around taking a risk in the yellow zone(something faction can't currently do). I think this would establish a preference for Red zones for hostile players since spending time in yellow zones would be more dangerous. A reduction in the Criminal status applied upon flagging might be helpful so Hostile flags can stop their activity to return to their home city in the royals without being forced to risk a yellow zones and taking excessive risk. An automatic de-flag from hostile status on death might be a good idea too so people don't accidently forget to deflag and get killed by blues at their home gate.

Volnay wrote:

If you want more people to practise in the yellow zones, give them more space and perhaps turn the former territory "squares" back to conditionnal pvp (with an additional chest or a higher density of resources).

Option 4 would make no-risk open practice options more limited. Treasure sites and Inis Mon would be the best areas for practice. (assuming getting downed in one of these regions did not apply a vulnerability to faction players)

I do think an open world scrim option would be employed if added. My previous ZvZ guilds used the City Scrim option without caps to practice engages and work on coordination, but the map is all lanes and chokes and is a poor representation of fluid open world fights. If you are worried about the loss of a safe practice area I think the addition of open would scrim maps could fill that role.
    • Worros wrote:

Korn wrote:

Another option:

Don't do this. I can already see new players being tricked into marking red then getting killed off.
      1) Like Worros said, this is a big change for new players who expect yellow to be safe to flag

2) new issue will be blues knocking down reds and any factions finishing them off

There are only a handful of yellow zones left. Just make it so that either
      1) no execution in yellow, lower faction benefits
      2) execution immunity if knocked down by red.

@Korn
      IGN/Discord : Ravenar#2076
      Join Albion
    • Korn wrote:

Hey there,

Which one of these would you prefer and why? Any other ideas? Please let us know.
      With how populated the yellow zones are I am surpised to always find some reds practicing ganking in there solo or small groups. Respect! (I guess :huh: )
      IGN/Discord : Ravenar#2076
      Join Albion
    • Ravenar wrote:

Korn wrote:

Hey there,

With how populated the yellow zones are I am surpised to always find some reds practicing ganking in there solo or small groups. Respect! (I guess :huh: )
      In the past I have only seen yellow zone for practice in rare occurrences. And only once remember being chased as a blue. I decided to go check the yellow zones off Cities to re-evaluate and see if use of yellow for practice is more prevalent than I thought.

Lymhurst-youtu.be/AA1QWeHhkms

No practice, just abuse. Unfortunate, ill go check Bridge.

Bridge-youtu.be/ZRaVyh972no

Some people getting some good low risk PvP in over the treasure site. And then more reds abusing the hostile flag. Next City.

Martlock- youtu.be/5gSEOdoIB0I

A faction fight!

These fights outside the city are a lot of fun. This is the reason I want to see Full loot maintained between faction in yellow at all costs.

Unfortunately there a quite a few reds interfering with battle mounts at no risk to themselves.

Thetford-youtu.be/VotgLSlov60

Just another group abusing hostile flag.

Fort -You can skip this one. its really just me talking to myself youtu.be/MfzO7IDr8K8

I was unable to locate reds to determine their motives.

This was just a quick pass though the portal zones to see what was out there.

I hope I'm not going overboard with the videos. I know when your working on the game you might not have the best exposure to the play of the game. I just want to get you a quick snapshot of what I see.

The loot in the Treasure sites is lack luster, but I always see it opened. As long as that stays around, newer players will have some avenue to go test themselves as they work themselves up to take on more risk.
    • What if faction warfare replaced flag warfare?

That is, you can no longer just "flag red". Flagging up is done by joining a faction.
      • Faction A vs Faction B: current rules
      • Faction A vs Faction A: current rules
      • Faction vs "no faction" players: same rules as flagged vs unflagged
        • In a red zone, Faction players can kill "no faction" players and loot them.
        • In a yellow zone, Faction players can down "no faction" players but can't kill them or loot them.
        • In a blue zone, Faction players can't do anything to "no faction" players
      • "No faction" vs Faction: same rules as unflagged vs flagged
      • "No faction" vs "No faction": same rules as unflagged vs unflagged

Seems to me, the flagging system is unnecessary and we should just go full on faction flagging.
    • dfgfdg wrote:

How would reds kill new players in the blue zone? You mean faction flagged new players? If you faction flag and lose a t3 or flat 4 set - wouldn't that be a very good (almost "gradual") and cheap lesson and an introduction to full loot PVP that is to come in more dangerous Red and Black Zones?

Ravenar wrote:

2) new issue will be blues knocking down reds and any factions finishing them off
      That should be a much smaller "issue" (really a non-issue) and people flagged red - should be well aware of what the F* they're doing.
      I love emergent gameplay! Currently only 2 games on the entire MMO market offer that: Eve Online and Albion.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Captainrussia ().

• Korn wrote:

Hey there,

i personally would approve of the first one cause then people will be faction flagging to only kill these punks around and also enabled full loot pvp will also make it worth it
      like i would personally always step out flagged or faction to just kill in yellow zone
      i would like to see the first idea getting full fledged working
      about why not the second option....
      if the flagged peole would not be anle to kill the faction ones it would reduce the ones even flagging
      why not the third
      'basic knockout would be interesting but i am sure around 20% flagged people are there for loot.
      one last idea i think might work is that
      it might require a bit of rework of the mini map
      like the static in the centre of a yellow zone we could have a non restricted pvp zone with full loot enabled and complete kill no knowckouts (except for the non flagged they should loose 10%of durability), you could put most of the enchanted gathering material in the centre to make it juicy for faction flagged people and even mark this place as an area where you get double faction points making it even worth it it would really attract the gathers and the flagged players for good loot.
      thanks