1. Change the system such that red flagged players can be executed in yellow zones. That would fix the issue. The downside is that it would prevent the open world knockdown PvP between reds that can in theory happen in yellow zones. Does anybody here have a good feeling for how popular this actually is?
2. Change the system such that red flagged players cannot attack faction players in yellow zones. That would be very odd in our view as it's quite inconsistent.
3. Change the system such that faction warfare in itself in yellow and blue zones becomes knockdown only. Rewards for being faction flagged in yellow and blue would be lowered and would be increased in the red zones accordingly. We'd also set up a solution that still allows trade packs to be looted just as before. What's interesting here is that - come the improved faciton warfare system planned in one of our upcoming updates - it could become a very good training ground to help players to eventually transition to full loot PvP proper.
Which one of these would you prefer and why? Any other ideas? Please let us know.
4. Treat "red flagged" as a pseudo-faction. This means that "reds" can kill faction flagged players and be killed by them, also in blue and yellow zones. The key difference is though that reds can of course still attack reds, and that reds would be subject to the reputation system.
1. Yes, this is very popular. Personally - i do not see a big problem in it , but for new players/casual players it is really a bad mechanic. People are abusing it more and more often , that's why it must be fixed soon as you can. About your fist suggestion @Korn - yes it will fix it, but it is a bad way, i see tones of people every day , they are testing builds and just having casual PvP fun. So that's why it is bad.
2. Same , this will fix the problem. But will change PvP concept , which i personally don't like.
3. Do not even think about it. Let me explain why , people everyday gathering in Faction Zergs and siege enemy Faction cities - it leads to non stop fights , where even solo/small groups can have lot's of fun. I'll tell you even more - people from EvE Online and other games - log into Albion just to participate in such full loot/random zerg Faction fights. It is actually a miracle , how people transform this into a fun content - sandbox as it is. If i were you SBI - i would develop(upgrade) this idea into something bigger. it is really a fun content.
4.This is a bad idea too. It wil ruin core concept of casual PvP fun . It will flip flop this situation , where Faction people will hunt PK newbies. And will stop newbies from trying to make any PvP activity in yellow zones, since they will understand how risky it is. Which will lead to less casual PvP activity , and this is bad.
So among all suggestions , the only good option - is the second one/2.0 But as said before - i do not like it too.
I got my own suggestion.
- When PK players hit you(yellow zone) - you will get a buff , which will give you protection from faction execution if you die during it's duration. So you will be able to get up with protection bubble buff and run away.
- Duration of this buff will be 60 seconds. And will refresh if PK player attack you (or use any CC ability) again in yellow zone. P.S It will refresh ONLY IF PK hits you , otherwise people might abuse it hardly.
- This buff will end instantly if you change claster.
- Even If you die on last seconds of it's duration - your execution will not be possible. It will be just always active during your "stand up time"
- And the most important thing - you will get this buff only if you are solo/without a group. Otherwise this mechanic might ruin gameplay for lot's of people who are just having fun and trying to fight, like in my example with city sieges.
- You will not be able to get this buff for 5 mins , when you left group. This will protect this system from abusing it too.
Reason why there is restrictions and rules - is because in 90% only solo/new/casual players suffer from such mechanic. Hope my feedback was useful.
Btw @Korn Think about upgrades for city sieges, the only thing your team is need to do - is to upgrade it a bit and inspire people to do it more often. It could be transformed into something huge and epic , and the most important - content for everyone.
The post was edited 2 times, last by Equart ().