Suggestion to RD loot

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Suggestion to RD loot

@Korn

I heard you on last nights stream on Jonhah's

The problem with your system is that the player will expect loot based on the chest. So when you find a legendary chest you expect loot.
      The gamelogic if ofc a bigger chance for loot, but thats not how its perceived.

What you should do is to make the loot roll before giving the chest color. There should be a roll for treasure, and then the chest color should represent the amount of treasure inside.
      So a non green chest will always have items in them.

As long as you make the roll after chest gets it color, you will hugely dissapoint players because fighting hard to kill a boss guarding the ultra rare legendary chest, and then opening the chest and there is no loot - that will always be a huge disapointment.

A player will always expect a more rare chest to have better loot, so the only way to stop it is to make the loot roll first and then give the chest a color based on the result.

thanks
      /F
    • Sinatra.SUN wrote:

@Korn

I heard you on last nights stream on Jonhah's

The problem with your system is that the player will expect loot based on the chest. So when you find a legendary chest you expect loot.
      The gamelogic if ofc a bigger chance for loot, but thats not how its perceived.

What you should do is to make the loot roll before giving the chest color. There should be a roll for treasure, and then the chest color should represent the amount of treasure inside.
      So a non green chest will always have items in them.

As long as you make the roll after chest gets it color, you will hugely dissapoint players because fighting hard to kill a boss guarding the ultra rare legendary chest, and then opening the chest and there is no loot - that will always be a huge disapointment.

A player will always expect a more rare chest to have better loot, so the only way to stop it is to make the loot roll first and then give the chest a color based on the result.

thanks
      /F
      Hey there,

that's a very good suggestion!

Right now, how the system works is to roll for the color first. The chest color then determines how many loot rolls there will be. In principle, it's possible that a high end chest - if it get's unlucky on the loot rolls - won't contain a lot of loot. Your suggestion would fix that. It might not be trivial from a tech point of view, and from how the black market comes into play, as you'd essentially have to make a "hidden" roll before the color of the chest is even shown.

Another idea could be that a certain subset of loot rolls made by a chest is only made on those items that the black market right now has in stock. For example, say a specific chest type had 10 rolls in total. You could have 1 of them be only on "in-stock" items and the other 9 at random. One would have to do some math modelling here first in order to make sure that it won't distort things too much.

In any event, the loot distribution topic is often complained about, we are actively looking into this.
    • I do know that the black market works well as always as im a frequent user.

but some rolls for item in stock on the more rare chests would be really good - because this is a area where perception is a problem, and its very very few players who really understand how the black market works.

Black market is a brilliant concept and execution, but this is also where you cant expect 99.9% of your playerbase will ever understand how it works.

What they do however understand is that there is nothing but fragments in the purple and legendary chests and that is severely demotivating.
    • New

I feel like you need to make the chests more quantitative instead of qualitative. Recently I've been speed running some T5 dungeons and the loot felt more rewarding compared to T8 dungeons.
      The quality was definitely lower in T5's and I am sure a single drop from a T8 would be more valuable than all these T5 drops I got but it gave a feeling of steady progression.

Simply put, the loot from T5 dungeons felt like progression, the loot from T8 dungeon felt like being lucky and hitting a jackpot.

I am not sure how others would feel about that but I think coming out of the dungeon with a couple T5.1 pieces maybe a T6 here and there every time I come out of a dungeon will feel much better than coming out with a single T8 item every 2-3 dungeon.

On the topic of chests I'd like to know whats up with tome chests. Right now I feel like I am getting purple chests more often than green tome chests which is sad because tomes is a great reward for both casual and veteran players. Casual players get faster to a decent spec and vets get fame credits for the future or they can collect it and spend it when they need to.
    • New

If a purple or gold chest in a T8 dungeon guaranteed at least 1 T8 item i might actually do them.
      same for lower tier, a t7 guarantee a t7 item, a t5 guarantees a t5 item. boom id do dungeon,

i would say blue chest 50% of the time

green 15% of the time

The other way to do it is simply double the rune tables... if i got more runes i would do more dungeons.