Time for iOS Beta to get an UPGRADE!

• Time for iOS Beta to get an UPGRADE!

The Albion Mobile Client has been in TestFlight for absolutely FOREVER!!!
      But from what I can see from people using the mobile client on youtube. It's pretty much a finished product...
      Why the gigantic hesitation in releasing it?

Tile the App "ALBION ONLINE: Public Beta"
      Then no one expects a finished product, you can expand your testing user base proably from 10K to 100K and get ALOT more bug reports and Test on ALOT more hardware. PLUS it gives your users access to the dang thing which is realy all any of us want...

I don't think anyone is going to be trying to do PVP on their phone but I'm sure we all want to gather some stuff or manage our island while we are on lunch.

You also get out from the testflight restrictions. AND once you finish it you dont have to do an entire resubmit of the app to apple you just submit a rename.
    • Apple softwares can be a huge pain to deal with, I suppose that has to deal with the huge delay to an official Apple Store release.

I play the game only on IOS, on a huge iPad: I would like to do more PvP, for example, but the PC interface is far superior when it comes to combat, specially PvP; I can even hook a bluetooth keyboard and a mouse to the iPad, but due to IOS limitations, it's still inferior compared to the PC. It would be great if the Albion app could find ways around those limitations (trying to emulate a PC right click, for example).

In terms of errors, the problems I notice the most are related to the animations, specifically the ones related to combat skills (they are not shown, I died few times from invisible attacks); besides that, and the long wait for the updates to be release, I don't notice many more bugs; the game runs smoothly.
    • I play on iPhone XR(not supported) but I’m still in Beta thank goodness. It feel close to the PC version but I never do pvp since my screen is small. Lol I see no bugs, my iPhone just has heat issues because ultra graphics looks great on phone. If my phone doesn’t crash Albion at least four times I’m not playing enough. In my crash report I tell them I’m on iPhone and don’t worry about my crash numbers, it’s kind of self inflicted.
    • GeneralHiro wrote:

The Albion Mobile Client has been in TestFlight for absolutely FOREVER!!!
      But from what I can see from people using the mobile client on youtube. It's pretty much a finished product...
      Why the gigantic hesitation in releasing it?

Tile the App "ALBION ONLINE: Public Beta"
      Then no one expects a finished product, you can expand your testing user base proably from 10K to 100K and get ALOT more bug reports and Test on ALOT more hardware. PLUS it gives your users access to the dang thing which is realy all any of us want...

I don't think anyone is going to be trying to do PVP on their phone but I'm sure we all want to gather some stuff or manage our island while we are on lunch.

You also get out from the testflight restrictions. AND once you finish it you dont have to do an entire resubmit of the app to apple you just submit a rename.
      I have actually done some arena stuff over the years and never felt a problem on my iPad. I'm sure this wouldn't be for everyone, but I at one point made it to Tier 10 Bronze on Vainglory which is close to the highest tier you can get (Tier 10 Gold being the absolute highest) and it was all touch/tap eSports mechanics. So, I found even PvPing on the touch controls with Albion to be super comfortable.... I'd obviously say computer for the massive PvP stuff though.

Durnik wrote:

I have been waiting for iOS release since i got 2 kick starter accounts for my wife and myself. We are pretty casual and would play a lot more if we had it on our iOS devices. Hoping they move towards beta / release soon : )

From what i have seen with all the updates the mobile version looks pretty good
      Same. I have actually played on and off since it's release and I'm not joking when I say it's been almost entirely on iOS Testflight. Sure I'm an Albion casual player and I've spent maybe $50 over the years but I have a list of friends that have asked me how to play and simply couldn't because of it's lack of access. Had I been able to get all my friends there's no telling how much money we would have collectively spent over the years and we definitely wouldn't have been casual players.