Hell Gate 2s Poll

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hell Gate 2s Poll

Hey SBI that alliance poll seemed to get a ton of discussion and drove quick response/action from you so how about we get one of those bad boys in regards to the current state of 2s gates? These players drive a ton of daily content and twitch views for your game and it could be way more if you make some relatively simple tweaks.

Layout:

Circle design is shit. Get rid of it and go back to your original design back in the day where you have 2 corridors meet up in a middle area. Stop giving life to run rat run playstyles.

Gear swaps:

This prevents players from actually needing to play their comp well to beat opponents. Instead I simply inspect my opponents, swap to best counter, and proceed with win streak without much challenge. Let's increase the skill/challenge and lock the ability to swap gear once arriving inside the gate. This would make many more builds viable and drastically increase the entertainment value.

Middle Chest:

Easiest change (should be hot fixed tomorrow). To open chest it needs to be channeled for 10 seconds and loot is locked to those who open it for an additional 45 seconds to avoid rat grab and run.

Please consider some if not all of these changes or any other possibilities to limit the rat plague that has infested this content. These gates could be so much more than what we have today.
    • Throatcutter wrote:

I agree, 2s Gates a ruined by people running full rat builds and people carrying every possible counter they could be so good but instead most of the player base has just washed there hands of them and left them to the rats and real hardcore gaters that carry 4 sets
      I am often in there, and I meet rats

But to be honest, I am not annoyed with the rats.

It is the developer that state their focus is to ensure fight which was their design goal

But instead of making the chest channeled and break on damage they do for a very long time other things..

And the people go for the objective and rat..

So who is in charge, the people that play the sandbox or the devs that don't do the chest change??

This is why Everytime I get rated I thank the devs for ruining my 2hg experiencr ..and think for the rat - well done you deserve it
    • Also for the love of all things stop keeping these 2s gate open for 30 minutes. It makes 0 sense to keep them open this long and once again encourages the rat behavior of just poking from a distance even though you have 0 desire to fight. The content in 2s only takes 3 minutes max to generate chest and even if you consider 5 minutes for a good quality fight that should still only be like 8 minutes. Adjust this timer down drastically immediately.
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

I want all 3

I have hilarious gear swap nightmares when We and the enemy run away and redress 3 times till we finally vhave the weapons and gears to fight...

Additional 1h curse is so screwed because we run till we both guardian helmets..
      Guess you haven´t played against that stupid shit that is 2x Robe of Purity Lifetouch + 1h Curse. Gl winning as melee.

The post was edited 1 time, last by DildoSwaggings ().

• McDobs wrote:

Yes HGs need some work, I would also reduce healing after some time passes so that 2 dps combos are more viable.
      Doesn`t make sense. Healer+DPS vs 2 dps the fight is over so fast on either side that this debuff would have to be after 10 seconds - and what if the two dps kite forever and stack the debuff? Its a rat world out there brother.

The post was edited 1 time, last by DildoSwaggings ().

• DildoSwaggings wrote:

Hollywoodi wrote:

I want all 3

I have hilarious gear swap nightmares when We and the enemy run away and redress 3 times till we finally vhave the weapons and gears to fight...

Additional 1h curse is so screwed because we run till we both guardian helmets..
      Guess you haven´t played against that stupid shit that is 2x Robe of Purity Lifetouch + 1h Curse. Gl winning as melee.
      yes and? Then play 2 pike 1 shot invis ..

It is rock paper scissors.. but running behind a combo that wants swap and not fight because inconvenient setup is similar as vs rats, especially if u on the 9. Round around the pond..

Do u want to let them swap the perfect counter to you??

Depending on what it is then we run around the pond and want swap .

That is the current mechanic and it's bullshit

HG are ment to fight not to run till you have the convenient counter

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hollywoodi ().

• Hollywoodi wrote:

DildoSwaggings wrote:

Hollywoodi wrote:

I want all 3

yes and? Then play 2 pike 1 shot invis ..
      It is rock paper scissors.. but running behind a combo that wants swap and not fight because inconvenient setup is similar as vs rats, especially if u on the 9. Round around the pond..

I’m agreeing with you, it’s trash. I need to bring a Cleric Cowl, Fiend Cowl and a a Guardian Helmet to this joke that is 2s hell gates to be able to compete
    • DildoSwaggings wrote:

Hollywoodi wrote:

DildoSwaggings wrote:

Hollywoodi wrote:

I want all 3

yes and? Then play 2 pike 1 shot invis ..It is rock paper scissors.. but running behind a combo that wants swap and not fight because inconvenient setup is similar as vs rats, especially if u on the 9. Round around the pond..

I’m agreeing with you, it’s trash. I need to bring a Cleric Cowl, Fiend Cowl and a a Guardian Helmet to this joke that is 2s hell gates to be able to compete
      that is the light version. Don't forget cleric robe, fear robe, mage robe, cultist chowl. On top always pocket several weapons..

Ah and poison resist and giantify pots + mana