New to the game, is it the rightone for us?

• Chiattone wrote:

ProtonAlpha wrote:

Neef wrote:

Funny thing is I thought you had 120 players, Wouldn't finding 5 people for crystals or HG's 2v2 or 5v5 be easy if you bring 120 players, Seems a bit weird to me, Game is 100% worth the try no MMO with PVP will allow you just to be great @ pvp with 100% no PVE grind, There is also solo random pve dungs to help with that and also group randoms to help level, You can also get alot of fame from just 2v2 HGs and 5v5 HGs, You could also do arenas for fast pvp because you can solo Qu or party Qu, To me if you really have 120 players you will love this game, also if you don't have 120 players you will be fine just join a guild.
      yeah we are 120 players but not all want to grind in pve, not all want to do timegated contents, most of all wants solo and fast contents. This game seems to be far from oldguys friendly mentality we have. I asked if this game has contents for players that must not depend by other players, and it's cleary sad that the answer is not. We were playing GW2 (it has all that i wrote except for the full loot,but doesn't metter) that is perfect for what we want, but as I told before, we are old and the pvp is too quick and frenetic for us. In Albion seems the perfect pvp for us but in the wrong structure. It's a sin, because if managed better could be a big bomb.
      I m playing GW2 too but I don't think the pvp is so frenetic, I don't know how old you are but I m almost 36 and i consider myself old :D
      It's clear that if Albion had the structure of GW2 I will play Albion, because i prefer the moba/slow fighting style of it and also the full loot in open world is a plus.
      I'm 29 almost 30 and I play only a few hours a day most the time and I play solo more then with my guild, I added some stuff to my post above that can be done as a solo pvper. (Not the post in the quote)
    • Neef wrote:

ProtonAlpha wrote:

Neef wrote:

Funny thing is I thought you had 120 players, Wouldn't finding 5 people for crystals or HG's 2v2 or 5v5 be easy if you bring 120 players, Seems a bit weird to me, Game is 100% worth the try no MMO with PVP will allow you just to be great @ pvp with 100% no PVE grind, There is also solo random pve dungs to help with that and also group randoms to help level, You can also get alot of fame from just 2v2 HGs and 5v5 HGs, You could also do arenas for fast pvp because you can solo Qu or party Qu, To me if you really have 120 players you will love this game, also if you don't have 120 players you will be fine just join a guild.
      yeah we are 120 players but not all want to grind in pve, not all want to do timegated contents, most of all wants solo and fast contents. This game seems to be far from oldguys friendly mentality we have. I asked if this game has contents for players that must not depend by other players, and it's cleary sad that the answer is not. We were playing GW2 (it has all that i wrote except for the full loot,but doesn't metter) that is perfect for what we want, but as I told before, we are old and the pvp is too quick and frenetic for us. In Albion seems the perfect pvp for us but in the wrong structure. It's a sin, because if managed better could be a big bomb.
      Just try it, I don't understand what the problem is, You can solo pvp and you can solo pve, and to be 100% honest with you it wont take you but a few days to a week of doing solo pve dungs(And thats with very low playtime if you played 1 day for 5 to 10 hours you could be pvp rdy) to get into a decent char level on the gear you are using and then drop the pve totally and go right and only to pvp, The PVE grind in this game has only gotten faster and you don't need to be t8 or 100 spec to be good at pvp and kill players, Fuck you can kill players on a new alt within a few hours by getting to t4 and using 4.2 to 4.3 gear, Don't listen to theses fuckers here that said don't try the game, Its 100% free try it for a few days and go from there, I know you will find it alot better then you think, Also I do tons of things solo its not a problem.

LootGoblin wrote:

Why are the 120 people not trying it out for themselves if they like it? Watch some guides, ask around on the discord or help chat ingame to figure out the different mechanics and what's there to do in regarding PvP and whatever they like.

We looked a lot of videos, I try to propose it and convince them to play but the common thinking is that is useless to invest time in a game without battlegrounds, ranked arena system and solo pvp instanced contents.
    • Hell gates are great content (besides the rat problem in 2s you encounter roughly 40% of the time) for small groups. One of the challenges with 2s gates is they are not efficiently accessible anymore to there target audience. If you own hideouts this is great you can simply drop off your loot and jump in again. However most hideout owning guilds (not all) expect you to ZvZ all the time thus pulling you away from your desired content.

If you do not belong to a hideout guild you are narrowed down to running gates from one of the 3 available BZ cities or from the limited Royals 2s portals. This is because you have extremely limited WCs now in the OW so you are cucked in having a reasonable way to run gates. It is pretty insane to expect a 2s team to run 3 zones to run a 2s gate for 3 minutes only to run 3 zones back to drop off loot etc.
    • Since playing solo is apparently in question here, I'll just mention that I'm a terrible player (who rarely solos)... yet I have these vids demonstrating the solo content available to be had:

youtube.com/watch?v=wgXBrQFHwFw&feature=emb_title

youtube.com/watch?v=aIshBGOEr5Y&feature=emb_title

youtube.com/watch?v=Mbv5fbIDEik&feature=emb_title
      Fusionbomb - GM of Morbidly_Obese

T8 Axe/Sickle/Pickaxe/Skinning/Stone
      T7 Fishing

100/100/90/100 Holy Specs
    • Tabor wrote:

Hell gates are great content (besides the rat problem in 2s you encounter roughly 40% of the time) for small groups. One of the challenges with 2s gates is they are not efficiently accessible anymore to there target audience. If you own hideouts this is great you can simply drop off your loot and jump in again. However most hideout owning guilds (not all) expect you to ZvZ all the time thus pulling you away from your desired content.

If you do not belong to a hideout guild you are narrowed down to running gates from one of the 3 available BZ cities or from the limited Royals 2s portals. This is because you have extremely limited WCs now in the OW so you are cucked in having a reasonable way to run gates. It is pretty insane to expect a 2s team to run 3 zones to run a 2s gate for 3 minutes only to run 3 zones back to drop off loot etc.
      I mean there are WC's in the blackzone that are t5 zones or t7 zones with 2v2 gates, Can also use thoses....
    • We saw also some video of solo players, but is all random situations and most of the time outnumbered.
      It's not like: "today i want log in and i want to be sure to do 2 hours of instanced pvp 5v5, 2v2 or 3v3 or 1v1, where there is a purpose in what i do, i don't must think to find the right zone, i don't must run for minutes and minutes around maps and waste my time"

As I wrote before:

ProtonAlpha wrote:

We looked a lot of videos, I try to propose it and convince them to play but the common thinking is that is useless to invest time in a game without battlegrounds, ranked arena system and solo pvp instanced contents.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ProtonAlpha ().

• ProtonAlpha wrote:

We saw also some video of solo players, but is all random situations and most of the time outnumbered.
      It's not like: "today i want log in and i want to be sure to do 2 hours of instanced pvp 5v5, 2v2 or 3v3 or 1v1, where there is a purpose in what i do, i don't must think to find the right zone, i don't must run for minutes and minutes around maps and waste my time"

As I wrote before:

ProtonAlpha wrote:

yeah i understood what you mean, and it is all of is missing in Albion.
    • I play solo PvP about 70% of the time and the remaining 30% I spend in 2s gates. Solo PvP can be lucrative diving the T8 big guild SRDs but yes you will have stretches where you just do not find much content and also yes you will definitely draw attention when you kill players in the zerg zone. However game environment wise Albion still appears to be the best available full loot MMO option even though they do not do themselves much favors.
    • there will be a hard grind regardless if you want to get strong content especially for black zone and end game, otherwise this game can be played as causal as you please, arena is rewarding but requires some intellect of your builds, hard core expeditions, expeditions, hell gates, map dungeons, group dungeons, Avalonian dungeons, etc there’s a lot of content
    • OP I don't think this game is for you.

Not because of your original list of things that interest you, it has all those features, but from your responses and seemingly overwhelming desire to be spoon fed your 'contents'.

I am an older gamer (mid 40's) I mostly play solo, very small groups and have no problems whatso ever of getting in PvP fights within 5-10 mins of logging in. And that is if I'm in my PvE area doing my 'farming'
      If you want to be PvP focussed then you can 'live' in the PvP area that is full loot 100% killer time. You can find action the moment you leave your 'town' or you can go and hunt down your victims.

Albion has all the content you have asked for in some way or form. I just don't think you are actually wanting it as you describe. I think you are more suited to a LoL type of game from your responses to the info you have been given.
      I'm a bomb technician...… If you see me running, try to keep up!
    • So mates, Yesterday evening/night I tried the game with others 5 friends and 1 guy (friend of one of ther others guys) that has played Albion for 1 year and he left it because bored.
      We reached level t4, with the help of this man, we got dressed with 4.3 gear and we started our adventures.
      I can give you my conclusion:
      - open world pvp : pvp is too much situational, sometimes you can find fight soon, simetimes you need more than 20 min to find someone. I m speaking about zones without flag system (we don't like this system, if a zone is considered pvp you should do it without penalties or swithing a flag, so the world shoud be divided in pvp and not pvp zones) naturally, we notice that most of people run away, also in 1v1 situation. Our fights mainly has been played in flagged system maps, inside the random single and group dungeons, but in 1 hours of roaming we had only 2 fights, most of them were farmed or empty.
      - hell gates for 2 persons, they are interesting but inside we found 7 times of 8 attempts, single players that tries to steal the central box, if think it is not pvp but a very annoying situation. Our friends explain us that there are some way to counter them, but why I go to have a 2vs2 content and I have to think to how counter a man that think only to run and run around.
      - hell gates for 5 persons, they are interesting, but you need always a group of 5 and there isn't an automatic party creator. You have to fight outside against other people, mostly of time undernumbered or with some idiots that go over there with the only intent to don't let you go inside the portal. Too much intricate system to do an instanced pvp.
      - Arenas, very nice content, i liked the fast and automatic matchaking system, also in solo queue. But... the rewards??? are you joking ??? a book with an ridiculous exp, poor bag of silver and 3 tokens for only the 3 matches won in a day. Now I understand what said with the words "not rewarded"... anyway also a rank system is needed, a classification, a matchmaking balanced of how you are classified.
      I think it's very ridiculous to have an arena system like that and not ranked/rewarded system.

My final conclusion, I can confirm my sensations, this is a niche game, all pvp is too much situational and dictated by the fate, which in the long run can lead to boredom. Pvp contents must be revised, specially 2v2 hell gates and arena system. The first (hg for 2 persons) should be exclusively for who wants to fight 2v2, the second (arena) needs more rewarding system. I suggest to developers to see GW2 system, where playing in arena you can find crafting material, aesthetic objects and tomes of knowledge (with one of it you can reach 1 lv) and there is a classification wth awards and a matchmaking based on classification.

This is not a game that made us want to pllay in future.
    • ProtonAlpha wrote:

My final conclusion, I can confirm my sensations, this is a niche game, all pvp is too much situational and dictated by the fate, which in the long run can lead to boredom. Pvp contents must be revised, specially 2v2 hell gates and arena system. The first (hg for 2 persons) should be exclusively for who wants to fight 2v2, the second (arena) needs more rewarding system. I suggest to developers to see GW2 system, where playing in arena you can find crafting material, aesthetic objects and tomes of knowledge (with one of it you can reach 1 lv) and there is a classification wth awards and a matchmaking based on classification.

yes you hit the mark of the actyually main problems.
    • ProtonAlpha wrote:

So mates, Yesterday evening/night I tried the game with others 5 friends and 1 guy (friend of one of ther others guys) that has played Albion for 1 year and he left it because bored.
      We reached level t4, with the help of this man, we got dressed with 4.3 gear and we started our adventures.
      I can give you my conclusion:
      - open world pvp : pvp is too much situational, sometimes you can find fight soon, simetimes you need more than 20 min to find someone. I m speaking about zones without flag system (we don't like this system, if a zone is considered pvp you should do it without penalties or swithing a flag, so the world shoud be divided in pvp and not pvp zones) naturally, we notice that most of people run away, also in 1v1 situation. Our fights mainly has been played in flagged system maps, inside the random single and group dungeons, but in 1 hours of roaming we had only 2 fights, most of them were farmed or empty.
      - hell gates for 2 persons, they are interesting but inside we found 7 times of 8 attempts, single players that tries to steal the central box, if think it is not pvp but a very annoying situation. Our friends explain us that there are some way to counter them, but why I go to have a 2vs2 content and I have to think to how counter a man that think only to run and run around.
      - hell gates for 5 persons, they are interesting, but you need always a group of 5 and there isn't an automatic party creator. You have to fight outside against other people, mostly of time undernumbered or with some idiots that go over there with the only intent to don't let you go inside the portal. Too much intricate system to do an instanced pvp.
      - Arenas, very nice content, i liked the fast and automatic matchaking system, also in solo queue. But... the rewards??? are you joking ??? a book with an ridiculous exp, poor bag of silver and 3 tokens for only the 3 matches won in a day. Now I understand what said with the words "not rewarded"... anyway also a rank system is needed, a classification, a matchmaking balanced of how you are classified.
      I think it's very ridiculous to have an arena system like that and not ranked/rewarded system.

Like most who commented above. This is not the game for you.

Hope you find one you do like.
      I'm a bomb technician...… If you see me running, try to keep up!
    • The Albion player base has a very tribal mindset and the game mechanics reinforce that. In a full loot atmosphere, the potential to be baited/betrayed by your group is very punishing. That means players stick to parties within thier guild or alliance for the majority of content. That severely cuts down the total player pool available to you for the meaningful content in the game. You can't just log in at a random time, hit a button to queue for a hg, and be be doing the content with players within a few minutes.

Flagging is only required for royal continent pvp. Most of the game world is an area that requires no flagging to pvp. The red zones that it sounds like you visited are popular with smaller pvp minded groups looking for easier kills. The royal continent is supposed to be the area where more cross guild/alliance content is quickly available, but the devs need to put more time into it make it a more fulfilling playstyle. We've been promised a royal continent overhaul, but have not been given details or a timeline. The game has some of the basic elements there with group finder and factions, but there isn't enough depth or rewards yet.