New to the game, is it the rightone for us?

    • New to the game, is it the rightone for us?

      Hello!

      Im Proton, and I have a Gaming Comunity of about 120 players, we are looking for a new mmo in in which to focus for the next few years.
      We have seen this game, and graphically we like it very much and also pvp seems very nice. Yes, we are pvp oriented, we hates pve grinding and and everything related to pve.

      We don't know the mechanic of Albion but i could tell you what we are looking for:

      - No korean grind, We saw that the game is German so it should be not a problem.

      - Quick and rewarded pvp like BGs or instanced fights that can be done in group or in solo, i see some videos of arena and seems nice. Most of us are busy for family, work and study, so we don't have time to "serch" pvp. The instance pvp is the most impotant part for us, and that is what distinguishes a good game from a bad one. The model could be ranked of WoW or GW2.


      - An open world where you can gather and then craft with the risk of find somone else ready to fight us with full loot.

      - An open world where the zerging doesn't dominate and there is space for small groups.

      I think that's all, I hope to receive many answers from you.

      See you

      Proton.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by ProtonAlpha ().

    • It is free, so why not try it and if you don't like it leave again.
      I play the game as a solo player, but there is a lot of ZvZ, GvG, 5v5, 2v2, solo, Hellgates, Crytal realm, etc content
      There are also BGs - but that's most for practicing your pvp skill, as the rewards mediocre.
      The grind is not bad at all - you can get competitive with an armor/weapon set in a couple of days - to max it out can take a lot longer - for example you can grind 90% of the power of a weapon in a week and 100% in about 4 months.
      In open world big zergs get a debuff, so smaller groups are encouraged.

      I would also suggest that you watch some content on Twitch and see if you like it.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Rendeer ().

    • Hi Proton,

      Not, this is not the game for you and your comunity.

      Point 1, if you want to do pvp you have to do lot of pve. Without it you can't fight against nobody in open world. Doing pvp you can't exp your build.
      Point 2, the instanced pvp in Albion Online is the bad ever seen. Arena system isnt ranked and rewarded, to do hgs you need other 4 or 1 person, and it is isn't quick, you can't do it when you want and also if you find other person it' s not sure to enter inside. There is not matchmaking pvp system, if not for Arenas that are useless.
      Point 3, there aren't pvp content for solo players, you could go into the world looking for someone to fight but it's a big loss, because you will find only gatherars and they will run away from you . It seems this is not you are asking for.
      POint 4, Open world is a Zerg fest.

      Look my recent post on albion and you will understand somthing:

      Why I don't want to play anymore

      The post was edited 4 times, last by Chiattone ().

    • ProtonAlpha wrote:

      No korean grind, We saw that the game is German so it should be not a problem.
      Albion PvE makes you go into risky zones (PvP full loot zones) to get the best reward in exp (fame) and loot.
      The PvE is pretty fast as soon as you understand the system: in a week you can be using decent gear for PvP, before that: you can already engage in PvP as soon as you reach T4 (which should be 1h playtime) but you'll at disadvantage against most players.

      ProtonAlpha wrote:

      Quick and rewarded pvp like BGs or instanced fights that can be done in group or in solo
      The instances you will find are usually 5v5 or 2v2. Most of them are full loot except Arena which is a "side feature" (basically devs don't focus on it & it gives almost nothing but a 5v5 fight with no risk).
      Most of the game activities & instances are full loot PvP oriented.
      For the solo content, you can go in the open world solo, but the game is pretty hard this way and its pretty much activities while "waiting for the group to login".

      ProtonAlpha wrote:

      An open world where you can gather and then craft with the risk of find somone else ready to fight us with full loot.
      Thats a thing for sure.

      ProtonAlpha wrote:

      An open world where the zerging doesn't dominate and there is space for small groups.
      The game has a problem since a long time that devs are trying to address (and was also one of the focus of the last update): the Alliances. Basically players united are too strong and it kinda "forces" everyone who aims to be competitive to join an alliance leading to power blocks leading to others to join ...
      Devs will try a radical change on the 26th Feb. where they limit the in game alliance feature to 300 characters, so we have to wait and see how it will go.
      Here is the thread forum.albiononline.com/index.p…t-starting-February-26th/
      All that to say that the game is currently dominated by bigger groups preventing you from doing a lot of competitive activities as a smaller entity.
    • Thanks to all for the fast replay.

      For what I understood, from your advices, specially from @Chiattone and @Gugusteh and reading posts on forum and also reddit, this is not the mmo for us.
      It seems that the only one pvp instanced content accessible to all are these hell gates but they aren't a fast and solo content. All the other pvp is extremely casual and dependent from a group.
      In 2020 we expect a complete product that allows you to play pvp alone if you have little time one evening or do not want to be in a group. IHMO going around to the world looking for someone that maybe could fight against me is not a pvp content.
      So the big problem is the lack of raked pvp system, then that the progression of armor and weapon can't be made in pvp. Why to exp my sword I must go in a boring dungeon or kill mobs for hours? why I can't do an arena exp my sword and then go to open world to fight? Other games offer you the opportunity to exp your personage as you want, this game not.
      We notice a very nice combat system, gathering system and crafting system, and full loot, but isn't anough if contents are missing. This game game can't be considered pvp focused.

      Thanks again for your attention.
    • ProtonAlpha wrote:

      Thanks to all for the fast replay.

      For what I understood, from your advices, specially from @Chiattone and @Gugusteh and reading posts on forum and also reddit, this is not the mmo for us.
      It seems that the only one pvp instanced content accessible to all are these hell gates but they aren't a fast and solo content. All the other pvp is extremely casual and dependent from a group.
      In 2020 we expect a complete product that allows you to play pvp alone if you have little time one evening or do not want to be in a group. IHMO going around to the world looking for someone that maybe could fight against me is not a pvp content.
      So the big problem is the lack of raked pvp system, then that the progression of armor and weapon can't be made in pvp. Why to exp my sword I must go in a boring dungeon or kill mobs for hours? why I can't do an arena exp my sword and then go to open world to fight? Other games offer you the opportunity to exp your personage as you want, this game not.
      We notice a very nice combat system, gathering system and crafting system, and full loot, but isn't anough if contents are missing. This game game can't be considered pvp focused.

      Thanks again for your attention.
      Yes, this is your feeling about the game, and this is also the feeling of lots of players that left it (as me) or would like to try it they are not attracted by the game, because it hasn't contents for solo players. Very sad, but true.
      Our core comunity don't want instanced rewarded pvp, they prefer to see an emplty game, dominated by the Zerg mentality, that probably without a modernization it will be destined to die soon.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Chiattone ().

    • Chiattone wrote:

      ProtonAlpha wrote:

      Thanks to all for the fast replay.

      For what I understood, from your advices, specially from @Chiattone and @Gugusteh and reading posts on forum and also reddit, this is not the mmo for us.
      It seems that the only one pvp instanced content accessible to all are these hell gates but they aren't a fast and solo content. All the other pvp is extremely casual and dependent from a group.
      In 2020 we expect a complete product that allows you to play pvp alone if you have little time one evening or do not want to be in a group. IHMO going around to the world looking for someone that maybe could fight against me is not a pvp content.
      So the big problem is the lack of raked pvp system, then that the progression of armor and weapon can't be made in pvp. Why to exp my sword I must go in a boring dungeon or kill mobs for hours? why I can't do an arena exp my sword and then go to open world to fight? Other games offer you the opportunity to exp your personage as you want, this game not.
      We notice a very nice combat system, gathering system and crafting system, and full loot, but isn't anough if contents are missing. This game game can't be considered pvp focused.

      Thanks again for your attention.
      Yes, this is your feeling about the game, and this is also the feeling of lots of players that left it (as me) or would like to try it they are not attracted by the game, because it hasn't contents for solo players. Very sad, but true.Our core comunity don't want instanced rewarded pvp, they prefer to see an emplty game, dominated by the Zerg mentality, that probably without a modernization it will be destined to die soon.
      Actually can't exist an mmo without fast instanced pvp, the only with a worthy population was Ultima Online, DAOC and EVE Online, but we are speaking about years and years ago, where there wasn't others pvp mmo to play. After WOW all changes and also people have other needs.
    • Seems like there is a bit of misunderstanding in your post so, i'll break that down.

      ProtonAlpha wrote:

      It seems that the only one pvp instanced content accessible to all are these hell gates but they aren't a fast (..)
      Hellgates are pretty fast to go for, just group as 2 or 5, find a portal and go.

      There are also scheduled 5v5 instances called Crystals that give you a match full loot with the possibility to bring multiple sets of gear, for rewards in silver / exp and other loots (the higher in ranking, the better).

      ProtonAlpha wrote:

      IHMO going around to the world looking for someone that maybe could fight against me is not a pvp content.
      That's I think the main issue here. You can find some " PvP hotspots" on the map and people will try to contest them, but it's usually also contested by groups of 2+ and thats what makes solo life hard.

      ProtonAlpha wrote:

      then that the progression of armor and weapon can't be made in pvp. Why to exp my sword I must go in a boring dungeon or kill mobs for hours?
      The thing you don't consider is that while you can't get "fame for your items by PvPing, PvE follows the risk vs reward concept. So if you want to get a lot of fame, you want to go in areas where PvP will most likely happen (hence mixing both). Hellgates are one of the best places to level up for that reason, since you will be paired against a team most of the time.

      ProtonAlpha wrote:

      This game game can't be considered pvp focused.
      Well... the whole game is actually centered around PvP. All the economy works because players kill each other and most activities lead to / are fuelled by PvP

      Anyway, the decision is yours and I respect it, I wish you the best of luck !
    • Gugusteh wrote:

      Hellgates are pretty fast to go for, just group as 2 or 5, find a portal and go.
      There are also scheduled 5v5 instances called Crystals that give you a match full loot with the possibility to bring multiple sets of gear, for rewards in silver / exp and other loots (the higher in ranking, the better).
      I don't consider it as a fast content because you must find a team or a partner, go in open world and fight to enter into a portal with the possibility to find peolple that are gathering or farming mobs that can disturb you when are you making it. I was seeing, 1 hour ago, a twitch live where 2 players, in an 45 min of trying, did only 1 hell gate and inside they found 1 player that only run around and was uncatchable. This is not a valid pvp content.


      Gugusteh wrote:

      That's I think the main issue here. You can find some " PvP hotspots" on the map and people will try to contest them, but it's usually also contested by groups of 2+ and thats what makes solo life hard.
      That means it is not adapted for solo players.

      Gugusteh wrote:

      The thing you don't consider is that while you can't get "fame for your items by PvPing, PvE follows the risk vs reward concept. So if you want to get a lot of fame, you want to go in areas where PvP will most likely happen (hence mixing both). Hellgates are one of the best places to level up for that reason, since you will be paired against a team most of the time.
      Maybe you can find pvp during pve, like in WOW contetest zones, but you can't exp with it and if you are not good ( especially at the beginning I believe) you loose your loot and your time, you are not specialized, you have bad equip, so how you can compete with other expert players?

      Gugusteh wrote:

      Well... the whole game is actually centered around PvP. All the economy works because players kill each other and most activities lead to / are fuelled by PvP
      Anyway, the decision is yours and I respect it, I wish you the best of luck !
      I consider an mmo pvp focussed a place when i can start instantly to do pvp and doing it i receive rewards, doesn't metter about specialization or equip.
    • Gugusteh wrote:

      Seems like there is a bit of misunderstanding in your post so, i'll break that down.

      ProtonAlpha wrote:

      It seems that the only one pvp instanced content accessible to all are these hell gates but they aren't a fast (..)
      Hellgates are pretty fast to go for, just group as 2 or 5, find a portal and go.
      There are also scheduled 5v5 instances called Crystals that give you a match full loot with the possibility to bring multiple sets of gear, for rewards in silver / exp and other loots (the higher in ranking, the better).
      Crystals are not fast pvp contents, you have to find a team that works fine and do lots of practice before to start them, you are group addicted.Then thare's no ranking system and they are only at certain times.
    • ProtonAlpha wrote:

      Gugusteh wrote:

      Hellgates are pretty fast to go for, just group as 2 or 5, find a portal and go.
      There are also scheduled 5v5 instances called Crystals that give you a match full loot with the possibility to bring multiple sets of gear, for rewards in silver / exp and other loots (the higher in ranking, the better).
      I don't consider it as a fast content because you must find a team or a partner, go in open world and fight to enter into a portal with the possibility to find peolple that are gathering or farming mobs that can disturb you when are you making it. I was seeing, 1 hour ago, a twitch live where 2 players, in an 45 min of trying, did only 1 hell gate and inside they found 1 player that only run around and was uncatchable. This is not a valid pvp content.

      Gugusteh wrote:

      That's I think the main issue here. You can find some " PvP hotspots" on the map and people will try to contest them, but it's usually also contested by groups of 2+ and thats what makes solo life hard.
      That means it is not adapted for solo players.

      Gugusteh wrote:

      The thing you don't consider is that while you can't get "fame for your items by PvPing, PvE follows the risk vs reward concept. So if you want to get a lot of fame, you want to go in areas where PvP will most likely happen (hence mixing both). Hellgates are one of the best places to level up for that reason, since you will be paired against a team most of the time.
      Maybe you can find pvp during pve, like in WOW contetest zones, but you can't exp with it and if you are not good ( especially at the beginning I believe) you loose your loot and your time, you are not specialized, you have bad equip, so how you can compete with other expert players?

      Gugusteh wrote:

      Well... the whole game is actually centered around PvP. All the economy works because players kill each other and most activities lead to / are fuelled by PvP
      Anyway, the decision is yours and I respect it, I wish you the best of luck !
      I consider an mmo pvp focussed a place when i can start instantly to do pvp and doing it i receive rewards, doesn't metter about specialization or equip.
      Well i think the full loot isn't for you then, there is no such thing as reward in full loot in Albion if equipment doesn't matter.
      It's definetly not the kind of game you're looking for from what I can see in your wishes.


      Chiattone wrote:

      Crystals are not fast pvp contents, you have to find a team that works fine and do lots of practice before to start them, you are group addicted.Then thare's no ranking system and they are only at certain times.
      You can go in as a PUG team and still got a decent chance to achieve something.
      The lowest levels have really low IP caps where you can go in 4.1 with low specs (low cost).
      What I called rank = level, just another term here.
      Finally "only at certain times" is what I meant by scheduled.
    • Gugusteh wrote:

      Chiattone wrote:

      Crystals are not fast pvp contents, you have to find a team that works fine and do lots of practice before to start them, you are group addicted.Then thare's no ranking system and they are only at certain times.
      You can go in as a PUG team and still got a decent chance to achieve something.The lowest levels have really low IP caps where you can go in 4.1 with low specs (low cost).
      What I called rank = level, just another term here.
      Finally "only at certain times" is what I meant by scheduled.
      So I can log in when i want during the day and do Crystal? Not, first because is scheduled, second isn't easy and fast to find a PUG team that want a 4.1 noob with low spec.

      Gugusteh wrote:

      Well i think the full loot isn't for you then, there is no such thing as reward in full loot in Albion if equipment doesn't matter.It's definetly not the kind of game you're looking for from what I can see in your wishes.
      Why cant exist a game where you can do an istanced pvp where equip doesn't metter and an open world where it is important like the masteries?
      Both the things = more players than now...

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Chiattone ().

    • Funny thing is I thought you had 120 players, Wouldn't finding 5 people for crystals or HG's 2v2 or 5v5 be easy if you bring 120 players, Seems a bit weird to me, Game is 100% worth the try no MMO with PVP will allow you just to be great @ pvp with 100% no PVE grind, There is also solo random pve dungs to help with that and also group randoms to help level, You can also get alot of fame from just 2v2 HGs and 5v5 HGs, You could also do arenas for fast pvp because you can solo Qu or party Qu, To me if you really have 120 players you will love this game, also if you don't have 120 players you will be fine just join a guild.
    • Chiattone wrote:

      So I can log in when i want during the day and do Crystal?
      I never said that...

      Chiattone wrote:

      Why cant exist a game where you can do an istanced pvp where equip doesn't metter and an open world where it is important like the masteries?
      Both the things = more players than now...
      I'm not here to argue with you on that here, since it's totally off this thread. But feel free to create a new thread to debate on this.
    • Neef wrote:

      Funny thing is I thought you had 120 players, Wouldn't finding 5 people for crystals or HG's 2v2 or 5v5 be easy if you bring 120 players, Seems a bit weird to me, Game is 100% worth the try no MMO with PVP will allow you just to be great @ pvp with 100% no PVE grind, There is also solo random pve dungs to help with that and also group randoms to help level, You can also get alot of fame from just 2v2 HGs and 5v5 HGs, You could also do arenas for fast pvp because you can solo Qu or party Qu, To me if you really have 120 players you will love this game, also if you don't have 120 players you will be fine just join a guild.
      yeah we are 120 players but not all want to grind in pve, not all want to do timegated contents, most of all wants solo and fast contents. This game seems to be far from oldguys friendly mentality we have. I asked if this game has contents for players that must not depend by other players, and it's cleary sad that the answer is not. We were playing GW2 (it has all that i wrote except for the full loot,but doesn't metter) that is perfect for what we want, but as I told before, we are old and the pvp is too quick and frenetic for us. In Albion seems the perfect pvp for us but in the wrong structure. It's a sin, because if managed better could be a big bomb.
    • ProtonAlpha wrote:

      Neef wrote:

      Funny thing is I thought you had 120 players, Wouldn't finding 5 people for crystals or HG's 2v2 or 5v5 be easy if you bring 120 players, Seems a bit weird to me, Game is 100% worth the try no MMO with PVP will allow you just to be great @ pvp with 100% no PVE grind, There is also solo random pve dungs to help with that and also group randoms to help level, You can also get alot of fame from just 2v2 HGs and 5v5 HGs, You could also do arenas for fast pvp because you can solo Qu or party Qu, To me if you really have 120 players you will love this game, also if you don't have 120 players you will be fine just join a guild.
      yeah we are 120 players but not all want to grind in pve, not all want to do timegated contents, most of all wants solo and fast contents. This game seems to be far from oldguys friendly mentality we have. I asked if this game has contents for players that must not depend by other players, and it's cleary sad that the answer is not. We were playing GW2 (it has all that i wrote except for the full loot,but doesn't metter) that is perfect for what we want, but as I told before, we are old and the pvp is too quick and frenetic for us. In Albion seems the perfect pvp for us but in the wrong structure. It's a sin, because if managed better could be a big bomb.
      Just try it, I don't understand what the problem is, You can solo pvp and you can solo pve, and to be 100% honest with you it wont take you but a few days to a week of doing solo pve dungs(And thats with very low playtime if you played 1 day for 5 to 10 hours you could be pvp rdy) to get into a decent char level on the gear you are using and then drop the pve totally and go right and only to pvp, The PVE grind in this game has only gotten faster and you don't need to be t8 or 100 spec to be good at pvp and kill players, Fuck you can kill players on a new alt within a few hours by getting to t4 and using 4.2 to 4.3 gear, Don't listen to theses fuckers here that said don't try the game, Its 100% free try it for a few days and go from there, I know you will find it alot better then you think, Also I do tons of things solo its not a problem. Also want to add that the red zones are great solo pvp content just head to the warcamp area's and there are always people fighting each other in the flag area around the warcamps and faction flagging and diving t7 solo randoms in red zones, Great content for solo players.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Neef ().

    • ProtonAlpha wrote:

      Neef wrote:

      Funny thing is I thought you had 120 players, Wouldn't finding 5 people for crystals or HG's 2v2 or 5v5 be easy if you bring 120 players, Seems a bit weird to me, Game is 100% worth the try no MMO with PVP will allow you just to be great @ pvp with 100% no PVE grind, There is also solo random pve dungs to help with that and also group randoms to help level, You can also get alot of fame from just 2v2 HGs and 5v5 HGs, You could also do arenas for fast pvp because you can solo Qu or party Qu, To me if you really have 120 players you will love this game, also if you don't have 120 players you will be fine just join a guild.
      yeah we are 120 players but not all want to grind in pve, not all want to do timegated contents, most of all wants solo and fast contents. This game seems to be far from oldguys friendly mentality we have. I asked if this game has contents for players that must not depend by other players, and it's cleary sad that the answer is not. We were playing GW2 (it has all that i wrote except for the full loot,but doesn't metter) that is perfect for what we want, but as I told before, we are old and the pvp is too quick and frenetic for us. In Albion seems the perfect pvp for us but in the wrong structure. It's a sin, because if managed better could be a big bomb.
      I m playing GW2 too but I don't think the pvp is so frenetic, I don't know how old you are but I m almost 36 and i consider myself old :D

      It's clear that if Albion had the structure of GW2 I will play Albion, because i prefer the moba/slow fighting style of it and also the full loot in open world is a plus.