Solo dungeon trade-off: Alert when someone enters, but lose ability to teleport out anywhere

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Solo dungeon trade-off: Alert when someone enters, but lose ability to teleport out anywhere

Title may seem a little wacky, but consider it for a minute.

Changes:
      • When someone enters a solo dungeon, anyone inside the dungeon is alerted.
      • Players can no longer teleport out anywhere inside a dungeon. A new teleport exit is added at the boss room.

To me personally the most annoying part by far about being dove in solo dungeons is not being ready. Wrong spells, spells on cooldown, even low health fighting mobs. I don't mind a fight, even 1v2. I've taken them often voluntarily, but it's different when you're in the middle of fighting mobs. So the first change has a clear purpose: let the person in the dungeon get ready.

Of course, this would let anyone teleport and dodge all gankers if the only change was being alerted. Thus the rules of the dungeon have to be changed a bit, and not let the players warn just immediately exit (though if they've finished the dungeon they will be able to). I actually think this benefits both parties by making fair fights more likely. Sure, the person being ganked benefits primarily, but it also eliminates the tactic of simply having "skip" gear to dive past mobs and A out when you see enemies. If you're willing to dedicate a slot or two for this strategy, it's a reasonably reliable way to escape.

No running to A out, no catching people half health. I don't the think the rate a ganker contacts someone in a solo dungeon would change much at all, but it would make for far more fair fights when it happens.

These changes could honestly make solo-dungeons the premier solo pvp content. Two players inside a dungeon ready to kill each other. Not too unlike a hellgate. Right now solo-dungeons are mostly just ganks. Easy change, huge benefit. Let's do it SBI.
    • The "i can be attacked when i'm not ready" is not the most annoying point for me, what is annoying me the most is to be ganked by 3, 4, 5 people....
      The 1v2 challenge is something i could like, people coming at 2 are usually bad and that's why they are not coming alone, so you can have your chance fighting a 1v2.
      Maybe the solution for that could be to put a maximum in the number of people coming in the solo dunjeon instance, like for Hellgates -> i like the hellgates for that.
      Membre de la communauté de chasseurs de prime Organisation-X
    • iRawr wrote:

2 vs 1? Huh. How about 3+ vs 1 in 8/10 dungeons?
      And if they know the victim can not a-out it will be just 10/10 of 3+ divers in srd.
      This is a good potential issue so let's break this down. How often does a large group like that make contact with someone in the dungeon, and then that person is able to escape and A out?

In my experience: almost never. If someone is built with an escape set I think it would be possible, but basically everyone is either 1. Geared to maximize fame farm for credits or 2. Geared to fame farm the stuff they want.

So if we accept that 98% of the time if 3+ people jump someone doing a solo dungeon they die anyway, then warning them but removing the ability to teleport out won't hurt. It might even help. Imagine you have a couple of extra pieces of gear, and when you get the 4th "player has entered dungeon" alert you swap to attempt and run past them. Maybe not a great chance, but no worse than what we have now.

Ssassar wrote:

Maybe the solution for that could be to put a maximum in the number of people coming in the solo dunjeon instance
      The issue I've heard with that is people using alts/friends to make the dungeon full and be safe. I don't know how to get around it, but whether 4 people diving is fixed or not, I think this can improve solo dungeons.
    • FriendlyFire wrote:

iRawr wrote:

2 vs 1? Huh. How about 3+ vs 1 in 8/10 dungeons?
      And if they know the victim can not a-out it will be just 10/10 of 3+ divers in srd.
      This is a good potential issue so let's break this down. How often does a large group like that make contact with someone in the dungeon, and then that person is able to escape and A out?
      In my experience: almost never. If someone is built with an escape set I think it would be possible, but basically everyone is either 1. Geared to maximize fame farm for credits or 2. Geared to fame farm the stuff they want.

So if we accept that 98% of the time if 3+ people jump someone doing a solo dungeon they die anyway, then warning them but removing the ability to teleport out won't hurt. It might even help. Imagine you have a couple of extra pieces of gear, and when you get the 4th "player has entered dungeon" alert you swap to attempt and run past them. Maybe not a great chance, but no worse than what we have now.

Ssassar wrote:

Maybe the solution for that could be to put a maximum in the number of people coming in the solo dunjeon instance
      The issue I've heard with that is people using alts/friends to make the dungeon full and be safe. I don't know how to get around it, but whether 4 people diving is fixed or not, I think this can improve solo dungeons.
      Its interesting how you wanna remove a-out, but dont like the idea of maximize the divers party. Its actually easy to do, infinite players can go to the srd, but only if they are red for each-other.
      So if divers will be in party - only one of them can enter.
      If they in same guild/alliance - only one can enter also.
      So that make sure solo dungeon got just solo players inside, but also can be dived just by solo players.

Its easy to fix the entire issue and get nice solo pvp content. But even you just dont want it, but want make the 3+ ppl srd divers groups live easier and garaged rewarded.
    • iRawr wrote:

Its interesting how you wanna remove a-out, but dont like the idea of maximize the divers party. Its actually easy to do, infinite players can go to the srd, but only if they are red for each-other.
      So if divers will be in party - only one of them can enter.
      If they in same guild/alliance - only one can enter also.
      So that make sure solo dungeon got just solo players inside, but also can be dived just by solo players.

Its easy to fix the entire issue and get nice solo pvp content. But even you just dont want it, but want make the 3+ ppl srd divers groups live easier and garaged rewarded.
      You're ignoring what I've said entirely, but let's address this real quick. You know people already drop guild/parties sometimes to gank people, right? It's not a big deal to do. You ungroup and are red, don't attack each other, and all of you can run into the dungeon together. It does add a little bit of extra effort on the gankers part, so it's not pointless. I think it's a decent idea, but let's not pretend it will solve the issue of 3+ people ganking in solo dungeons. It will help, but does not eliminate the problem. Any help is good though and I support the idea. ++

All of that said, it's not the topic of this post and my idea. I'm dived by solo players far more often than groups, and the results are basically a dice-roll based on if/what I am fighting. The idea I'm proposing fully solves the single-diver issue, leading to a fair fight in the most common case of a single person diving the dungeon. And Albion sure could some more fair 1v1s.
    • Its a rare case and pretty hard to do it, also its will be still 3+ players red to each other, so no heal for sure.
      Any way that kind of solution solve much more problems, then just remove a-out and notifications.
      Yes, some will drop guild and etc, but well its much harder, here is CD on rejoin guild, waste of season rewards, so not much ppl will do it for srd dive for sure, but you solution - just clearly motivate 3+ groups dive even more often then now. Just coth victims will not able to escape.

The post was edited 1 time, last by iRawr ().

• iRawr wrote:

Its a rare case and pretty hard to do it, also its will be still 3+ players red to each other, so no heal for sure.
      Yeah. It's kind of like the alliance change. People can still work together, but it inconveniences them notably. Though gank groups are often lots of claws (no aoe or heals) it helps.

iRawr wrote:

Any way that kind of solution solve much more problems, then just remove a-out and notifications.
      It does not, are you disagreeing with my claim that most dungeons are dived by solo players? Do you do solo-dungeons with any regularity? I'd say 80% of the time at least it's a solo player diving.

There's no conflict to the two suggested changes. I think I'll make a reddit post about this with your idea added in.

iRawr wrote:

but you solution - just clearly motivate 3+ groups dive even more often then now.
      How does it do that, exactly? My change would only make a difference if groups of 3+ attack someone farming a solo-dungeon, but the player is able to escape and A-out. I would consider that a very rare case. Worth it to remove if we can significantly improve the situations that happen 20x times as often.
    • It does not, are you disagreeing with my claim that most dungeons are dived by solo players? Do you do solo-dungeons with any regularity? I'd say 80% of the time at least it's a solo player diving.

There's no conflict to the two suggested changes. I think I'll make a reddit post about this with your idea added in.
      Not now, but when i start playing with my girlfriend we like to do t7-t8 solos in group of to players. And its not even 2 vs 2, in 80% cases we got dived.
      But well may be in t5-t6 it was different.

Any way i agree, the is no conflict in solutions, but i dont mean to push my own solution, i just want to say, there is a problem need to complex solution, more complex then yours or mine i created at time i wrote the reply.
      And if complex solution will reach the goals as:

• Creat a solo content not excludes the pvp
      • Make the srd diving more attractive for solo players, but less for 3+ small scale pvp groups who can do other content.

• Its why N+1 is such a systematic problem across all content in Albion.

Die to a solo diver running SRD start running with 2 instead. Now divers bring 3 in case 2 are running.

Get ganked by group of 4. Call up 7 friends to go 8v4 them next.

Lose a castle fight 20v30 NAP another alliance for the next day and now fight 40v30.

It will always be a problem in Albion because no mechanics exist against this behavior. Game should incentivize winning even or outnumbered fights with much more favorable trash rates and outnumbered fights should have exponentially higher trash rates the more lopsided the fight ratio gets. This would be the true risk vs reward update Albion desperately needs to move away from this just throw more numbers at it mindset.