Limiting Alliances to Guild size - Test starting February 26th

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

  • With the changes coming to remove alliances, I will probably stop playing Albion! I love the people I play with in ym alliance, but I enjoy being part of a seperate guild. There is a lot of us, having less than 300 people being allied will hurt us because we are not as skilled as other players that can work together, even if they are not in an alliance mechanically.
    If you fall behind, you're left behind. Keep to the pirates code!
  • MarauderShields wrote:

    In my experience, Guilds in this game fall into categories along the following lines
    This classification is just wrong.
    Doesn't matter how many members the guild has, but the size of the raid it can field every prime time every day of the season.

    Casual and semi-casual guilds can field 20-60 members once a day at best. Elite guilds can field 100-200 four times a day. That's the "problem" which can't be solved by the proposed patch.

    The post was edited 1 time, last by Gerrit ().

  • Best change we could dream about. Why are you guys so good at listening to the community!? What's the secret?

    Please, continue doing what u do! Fully support all your initiatives, especially I like that you are doing this aggresively, testing the changes right during the season because IMO this change should've come even with queen.

    10 dead mega alliances out of 10.

    Would be also great to have the system counting accounts instead of characters when calculating the limits for both guilds and alliances.

    The post was edited 1 time, last by wishr ().

  • wishr wrote:

    Best change we could dream about. Why are you guys so good at listening to the community!? What's the secret?

    Please, continue doing what u do! Fully support all your initiatives, especially I like that you are doing this aggresively, testing the changes right during the season because IMO this change should've come even with queen.

    10 dead mega alliances out of 10.

    Would be also great to have the system counting accounts instead of characters when calculating the limits for both guilds and alliances.
    they so good in listening because this time RT was bypassed

    Same with AMA

    For me - RT is the issue
  • TheStallion001 wrote:

    With the changes coming to remove alliances, I will probably stop playing Albion! I love the people I play with in ym alliance, but I enjoy being part of a seperate guild. There is a lot of us, having less than 300 people being allied will hurt us because we are not as skilled as other players that can work together, even if they are not in an alliance mechanically.
    So you're complaining about not being good enough to play without a lot of people backing you up? This change is an opportunity for small guilds to band up together and actually do something big on their own. Now every small guild will get some content intead of either being in a huge safety net without a single worry/ trying to make it alone and getting crushed by the people on the safety net.
  • Theat wrote:

    Good idea,

    But limit alliances to 600-900, would be more realistic and practical.
    We considered these options as well.

    However, keep in mind that this is a test.

    A cap of 300 for the test will make sure that we get very conclusive results. With a cap of 900, say, there is a risk that not much would change, making the information gotten from the test less useful.

    Rather than having a situation where we go for 900 and then, if that does not work that well, trying out 300 after that, we'd rather start out with 300 and see what happens.

    Based on that, we'd evaluate the impact quickly adapt based on that.
  • Korn wrote:

    Theat wrote:

    Good idea,

    But limit alliances to 600-900, would be more realistic and practical.
    We considered these options as well.
    However, keep in mind that this is a test.

    A cap of 300 for the test will make sure that we get very conclusive results. With a cap of 900, say, there is a risk that not much would change, making the information gotten from the test less useful.

    Rather than having a situation where we go for 900 and then, if that does not work that well, trying out 300 after that, we'd rather start out with 300 and see what happens.

    Based on that, we'd evaluate the impact quickly adapt based on that.
    This 'test' benefits those who you claim it's aimed at disrupting. Smaller and/or casual guilds/alliances stand to lose their position in the black zone with literally no way of teaming up against elite guilds who want everything. Sure, split these elite alliances up so now no one can do anything against them still but at least they won't share an alliance tag right? It's not like they're going to fight eachother now you took away their alliance tag lol.

    How about do what queen was supposed to do and give elite guilds no reason at all to smash on smaller or casual guilds on the outer regions of the map. Use some actual brain power to address the real issues instead of continuous mistakes? You can please your new players and old players at the same time, stop trying to please only the new players who have no idea and especially stop thinking the forums or reddit represents your in-game community. 800 out of 350,000 and you act on it... damn.
    Join our guild https://discord.gg/pejawjG
  • I'm fully on board with the approach. Any change that actually addresses the issue is going to be disruptive because it's redefining such a big part of the game. Better to rip off the bandaid and figure it out quickly than to take ages moving cautiously while most of the player population continues to suffer.

    I also appreciate the strategic timing of doing this around a reset day, hopefully this will help us find the right solution even faster.
  • Korn wrote:

    Theat wrote:

    Good idea,

    But limit alliances to 600-900, would be more realistic and practical.
    We considered these options as well.
    However, keep in mind that this is a test.
    I don't understand why this test is done mid season after we commit to areas based on the groups we're playing with. Give us refunds if we want for our hideouts and moves for our islands again. My guild might have made completely different changes. But it's ok
    .. it's just a test for a mmo that we pay for nbd. It's a live game, not some beta test
  • TheKlux wrote:

    Korn wrote:

    Theat wrote:

    Good idea,

    But limit alliances to 600-900, would be more realistic and practical.
    We considered these options as well.However, keep in mind that this is a test.

    A cap of 300 for the test will make sure that we get very conclusive results. With a cap of 900, say, there is a risk that not much would change, making the information gotten from the test less useful.

    Rather than having a situation where we go for 900 and then, if that does not work that well, trying out 300 after that, we'd rather start out with 300 and see what happens.

    Based on that, we'd evaluate the impact quickly adapt based on that.
    This 'test' benefits those who you claim it's aimed at disrupting. Smaller and/or casual guilds/alliances stand to lose their position in the black zone with literally no way of teaming up against elite guilds who want everything. Sure, split these elite alliances up so now no one can do anything against them still but at least they won't share an alliance tag right? It's not like they're going to fight eachother now you took away their alliance tag lol.
    How about do what queen was supposed to do and give elite guilds no reason at all to smash on smaller or casual guilds on the outer regions of the map. Use some actual brain power to address the real issues instead of continuous mistakes? You can please your new players and old players at the same time, stop trying to please only the new players who have no idea and especially stop thinking the forums or reddit represents your in-game community. 800 out of 350,000 and you act on it... damn.


    So same thing that have keep happen constently for for 3 week will keep happening ? Worth the try ! From my side seing 400 brazilian poe blob coming every night for the last 2 week and wipe or 120 zerg . So i dont know what you means by " smal guild cannot defend anymore after 26 " open your eye it already the problem its why we vote for that. All small guild are already getting kick out of bz so we got nothing to lose really
  • haraj wrote:

    Why are you testing stuff in the middle of a season?
    Waiting until the end of the season carries the risk of the alliance issue getting worse. It would also become more ingrained, meaning that a shake up could have more side effects than it has if we carry on the test while things are still fresh.

    We aim to get conclusive test results quickly. How?
    1. We'll see how the invasion day goes under the new conditions.
    2. We'll closely watch what happens after the invasion day
    3. We'll collect feedback from the player base, also asking specifically what their preferences are once they have experienced first hand what an alliance cap means for the game.

    Based on that, there is a list of options available, such as:
    - keeping the cap
    - adjusting the cap
    - removing the cap again
    - one of the above, but with additional changes such as making the cap account based and not character based
    - other ideas

    In any event, one thing is for sure: we'll have found an answer to the years old - and hotly debated - question whether capping ("removing") alliances will be good or bad for the game. That knowledge - and the conclusions to be drawn from it - will help us to determine the right solutions to the "alliance problem" going forward.
  • I am all for this change but changes need to be made on effort needed to maintain control of the top T8 BZ zones as well. They currently provide the highest reward but require the same amount and time to defend as the T5 outer rim zones. The difficulty needs to be increased dramatically to defend T8 zones with decreasing difficultly as you drop tiers. This should keep the most competitive guildd fighting over T8 and leave room for starter guilds to fight over T5/T6 etc.