Limiting Alliances to Guild size - Test starting February 26th

• Great update, this will help my smaller guild, NVIDIA at competing with some bigger alliances (6,000+ players). We've had good luck in small-scale pvp, faction wars, but when there's only 12 of us and T76+ blob of ARCH in the outlands it does reduce competition.

Plus let's keep in mind two important things:

1. Albion Game engine is built in Unity
    2. Server stops rendering players and animations after 300+ users in the same area

If the game server can't even render the players and animations then there has to be an update to reduce the amount of players.

Albion should implement more 'tunnel's and 'single way roads' between zones to help stop zergs from bomb rushing through. If a zerg has to run through these narrow chokes it can just take 10 players to slow them down tremendously and spread fights across zones.
    Youtube Tametheark
  • Thank you for this update SBI, I think it's going in the right direction and I'm also glad that it's happening soon rather than on the next big update.

I'm sure a lot of guilds are going to handhold at the start but I personally think that the hand holding will die down once all the top guilds realize what they are missing as far as territory access and castle control go especially when it cuts into season rewards if that is what they value.

For those that think former alliance guilds are going to be able to gang up on other large guilds, then let's assume that POE vs. Squad continues. They are legit going to have to plan and come up with a strategy when each side has 3 guilds in one zone, it's not as simple as banging it out in one large cluster. Who would have thought that ZvZ could actually get a skill buff rather than just going in one direction to take down a blob? It's amazing and in the end, I think it's going to be a lot of fun and much better than what is currently going on.
  • This situation happen because you removed the GvG content, REMOVED not reduced.

I've played more than 5/6 hrs per day from may 2019 and now with your changes im slowing stop playing.
    I enjoyed the market, making billion buying and selling. No longer available as before (carleon is diing) monomarket as was carleon with red zone was perfect.
    I enjoyed fighting in Hellgates, now a dead content. Actualy you only find rats inside
    I enjoyed GvG. REMOVED. An entire content removed for no reason

You removed the GvG to balance a game that was altready balanced. All blaming OOPS because they got so many territories doing GvG but in the end.. They didnt reach the 1° rank for 3 season in a row.
    And now in this horrible season you are even removing alliance. That's even funny!

BEFORE this patch every player could enjoy his playstile; gatherer, merchant, crafter GvG'er, ZvZ'er.. but now you are forcing people to ZvZ now even without an alliance

Post Scriptum: The new patch seems like horse simulator, change my mind
  • Sinatra.SUN wrote:

@TheBacon

dude you have a 2600 man alliance (bacons) coordinating with a 700 man alliance (Surf) AND another 700 man alliance (newby) against a 300 man guild (sun).

I am pretty sure it will have a effect on your collaboration, and im more than sure that it has a effect for the 300 man guild that your combined forces is fighting.

You might be right and it changes nothing, but as the one representing the solo guild (me), i am incredibly happy to at least have increased chances in fighting your giant nutcup
    Solo guild that is funny as hell. You broke an agreement worked with 404 alliance and Poe to attack our hideout that is some spin right there frank....
  • Voltel wrote:

Sinatra.SUN wrote:

@TheBacon

dude you have a 2600 man alliance (bacons) coordinating with a 700 man alliance (Surf) AND another 700 man alliance (newby) against a 300 man guild (sun).

I am pretty sure it will have a effect on your collaboration, and im more than sure that it has a effect for the 300 man guild that your combined forces is fighting.

You might be right and it changes nothing, but as the one representing the solo guild (me), i am incredibly happy to at least have increased chances in fighting your giant nutcup
    Solo guild that is funny as hell. You broke an agreement worked with 404 alliance and Poe to attack our hideout that is some spin right there frank...
    You seem pretty uninformed for a person that leads albion news
    Dont worry though, Shozen doesnt know shit either
  • Let’s be clear what will happen here . Let’s say top guild a, for example BA, will produce a 300 man guild. It will take its 300 best, most active players and form one guild .

At 1800 utc it will fight another 300 man guild over a Terry or a hideout and it will wipe them , because they are not as good, not as coherent and not as well organised ... at 2000 utc another guild of 300, shall we call them freemen , will fight another solo 300 guild and wipe them ... there is no friendly fire here ... only 350 people are allowed on a zone at one time, so they have more than enough numbers ... at 2200 utc another 300 man guild let’s calm them black order , will again have organised its 300 best players and will wipe another guild over a territory or hideout ... no friendly fire here ... at 0000 utc etc etc etc ... at 0200 another guild .. let’s call it conflict will wipe ... none of these will fight each other and they will control all Terry’s and hideouts ...
    Nothing has changed except the names ...

for ba/ freemen/ black order / conflict substitute crimson reborn/ crimson newborn / hammer and sickle/ scoiatel/ yaga/ bloco/

nothing will changed except guilds will be even more elite , non elite players will be dropped and leave the game , non elite guilds will get tired of being wiped and will leave the game ...

Small guilds will not do better , joining small guilds together will not work, the same alliances that control Terry’s now will continue to do so

At least at the moment the 2 big alliances fight each other.

This will not rebalance the game.
  • shaghag wrote:

Let’s be clear what will happen here . Let’s say top guild a, for example BA, will produce a 300 man guild. It will take its 300 best, most active players and form one guild .

At 1800 utc it will fight another 300 man guild over a Terry or a hideout and it will wipe them , because they are not as good, not as coherent and not as well organised ... at 2000 utc another guild of 300, shall we call them freemen , will fight another solo 300 guild and wipe them ... there is no friendly fire here ... only 350 people are allowed on a zone at one time, so they have more than enough numbers ... at 2200 utc another 300 man guild let’s calm them black order , will again have organised its 300 best players and will wipe another guild over a territory or hideout ... no friendly fire here ... at 0000 utc etc etc etc ... at 0200 another guild .. let’s call it conflict will wipe ... none of these will fight each other and they will control all Terry’s and hideouts ...

for ba/ freemen/ black order / conflict substitute crimson reborn/ crimson newborn / hammer and sickle/ scoiatel/ yaga/ bloco/

nothing will changed except guilds will be even more elite , non elite players will be dropped and leave the game , non elite guilds will get tired of being wiped and will leave the game ...

Small guilds will not do better , joining small guilds together will not work, the same alliances that control Terry’s now will continue to do so

you think their 300 man blob is going to be everywhere at once? you act like the rest of the game is gonna stay where they are and not back launch on their shit. It's one guild. With no alliances, you're gonna see more launches.
  • shaghag wrote:

Let’s be clear what will happen here . Let’s say top guild a, for example BA, will produce a 300 man guild. It will take its 300 best, most active players and form one guild .

nice try