Limiting Alliances to Guild size - Test starting February 26th

• Predictions of what is going to happen post this change (will come back to see how accurate these are):

• Mega purge of guild rosters for non-top end guilds of their alts, casual and newer members into "Academy" guilds. Entrance standards for guilds will be raised and more players placed into academy based guilds hoping for their chance to join a main guild.
    • Stricter enforcement of play times and regular purges of inactive members going forward by guilds. Prepare for CTA spreadsheets and close monitoring of "keeping your spot".
    • For serious guilds trying to maintain an alliance, a segmenting of "spots each guild gets for members" where there will likely be enforcement of PVP fame minimum requirements on an alliance level for people trying to join.
    • A need for kicking/moving remembers to academy guilds when veteran players taking a break return to the game, causing strain in terms of value each player brings to the guild's community.
    • Nothing fundamentally will change in terms of the mega-guilds owning the vast majority of the map. BA, CIR, and others will NAP with guilds (likely the ones currently in their alliances) and still divide up the map as they currently do with the more powerful guilds overwhelming any guilds with coordinated territory/hideout attacks against "weaker" guilds who do not have the political relationships to form a reasonable defense.
    • A significant consolidation of veteran players in a handful of guilds and an increasing disparity between newer guilds and "mega-guilds". Playing in a newer guild will be a way of trying to obtain the stats to jump to a mega-guild versus of joining a guild that you would like to be a part of their community, play/grow with.
    • It will be significantly harder for newer guilds to join alliances with experienced guilds and be any level of competitive. This will lead many newer guilds to collapse as their members leave and feed into more established guilds, ultimately making more people quit the game.
    Ultimately I see this system changing very little in the political landscape of the game while making veteran/established guilds significantly stronger and coalescing the more veteran players into a smaller concentration of a handful of guilds. Newer players will spend most of their time "working on a resume" so they can get into one of these guilds versus which will make startup guilds even harder than they currently are as members consistently jump ship to the advice of people on reddit who are advising people to "join top end guilds to fully experience Albion".
  • MarauderShields wrote:

I think it's cute how the mega alliance players are crying about how this will hurt the casual guilds and players. Since when did you all start letting people into your guilds that didn't have 10mil+ fame and require players to do 10+ minimum CTA's a week? Mega Alliances and the guilds competing for the top season spots aren't interested in new/casual players other than to feast on their dead bodies. That hasn't changed in the past year that i have played.

The competitive guilds and alliances will adapt just fine...they may just have to look over their shoulder a bit more and wont be able to rally 300+ people to destroy a random hideout that is in the second stage of Construction 3 zones away from their territory. BooHoo!!!

Mean while, the smaller guilds wont be affected that much since they were already at a disadvantage going into the black zones in small numbers. But maybe, now that territories aren't held and stripped by super alliances, gatherers will be able to slip into territories of guilds that don't have a presence at a specific game time and get some resources. Time will tell.
    Yeah, its funny how suddenly they are worried about small guilds surviving.
  • Good Morning
    I play Albion Online every day for more than 5 hours, but due to my low-performance computer I cannot participate in zvz, I mainly do crafts, take out resources and do dungeons. I help with the zvz in what I can and I maintain a very good relationship with that family that is my guild.
    So now with the new update they are forcing all crafting and gathers in an undervalued way to leave their guilds and alliances leaving no protection in a world of pvp
    I find that Albion is giving the crafter and undervalued a long time undervalued, for example the fame of crafteo does not go to any challenge or is taken into account at all.
    I love Albion and the friendships I've made in it, I hope they can do something about it, such as making guild roles count for something. those who are crafter and gather who do not count as fighters and cannot participate in official zvz nor count as fighters of the alliance.
    I know you are able to create something that satisfies all Albion Oline users.
    Thank you for your work and effort in bringing us this wonderful world.

Buenos días
    Yo juego Albion Online todos los días más de 5 horas, pero debido a mi computadora de bajo rendimiento no puedo participar en zvz, principalmente hago artesanías, saco recursos y hago dungeons. Ayudo con las zvz en lo que puedo y mantengo muy buena relación con esa familia que es mi gremio.
    Entonces ahora con la nueva actualización están obligando a todos los crafting y gathers de forma subvalorada a abandonar sus gremios y alianzas quedando sin amparo en un mundo de pvp
    Encuentro que Albion está dajando muy infravalorado a los crafter y gather desde hace tiempo, por ejemplo la fama de crafteo no va a ningún desafio ni se tiene en cuenta para nada.
    Amo albion y las amistades que he hecho en el, espero que puedan hacer algo al respecto como por ejemplo hacer que los roles de los gremios puedan contar para algo. los que son crafter y gather que no cuenten como luchadores y no puedan participar en zvz oficiales ni cuenten como luchadores de la alianza.
    Sé que son capaces de crear algo que nossatisfaga a todos los usuarios de Albion Oline.
    Gracias por su trabajo y esfuerzo en traernos este maravilloso mundo.
  • Vindrax wrote:

Predictions of what is going to happen post this change (will come back to see how accurate these are):

• Mega purge of guild rosters for non-top end guilds of their alts, casual and newer members into "Academy" guilds. Entrance standards for guilds will be raised and more players placed into academy based guilds hoping for their chance to join a main guild.
    • Stricter enforcement of play times and regular purges of inactive members going forward by guilds. Prepare for CTA spreadsheets and close monitoring of "keeping your spot".
    • For serious guilds trying to maintain an alliance, a segmenting of "spots each guild gets for members" where there will likely be enforcement of PVP fame minimum requirements on an alliance level for people trying to join.
    • A need for kicking/moving remembers to academy guilds when veteran players taking a break return to the game, causing strain in terms of value each player brings to the guild's community.
    • Nothing fundamentally will change in terms of the mega-guilds owning the vast majority of the map. BA, CIR, and others will NAP with guilds (likely the ones currently in their alliances) and still divide up the map as they currently do with the more powerful guilds overwhelming any guilds with coordinated territory/hideout attacks against "weaker" guilds who do not have the political relationships to form a reasonable defense.
    • A significant consolidation of veteran players in a handful of guilds and an increasing disparity between newer guilds and "mega-guilds". Playing in a newer guild will be a way of trying to obtain the stats to jump to a mega-guild versus of joining a guild that you would like to be a part of their community, play/grow with.
    • It will be significantly harder for newer guilds to join alliances with experienced guilds and be any level of competitive. This will lead many newer guilds to collapse as their members leave and feed into more established guilds, ultimately making more people quit the game.
    Ultimately I see this system changing very little in the political landscape of the game while making veteran/established guilds significantly stronger and coalescing the more veteran players into a smaller concentration of a handful of guilds. Newer players will spend most of their time "working on a resume" so they can get into one of these guilds versus which will make startup guilds even harder than they currently are as members consistently jump ship to the advice of people on reddit who are advising people to "join top end guilds to fully experience Albion".
    Do not know what guild or alliance you are in but those things you listed are going on now among the top guilds/alliances, I see it all the time, like nearly everyday someone is kicked or threatened based on performance, IP, fame level, activity, pvp fame for the week, so on n so on. So this basically changes nothing that isnt already happening.
  • RakBR wrote:

MarauderShields wrote:

I think it's cute how the mega alliance players are crying about how this will hurt the casual guilds and players. Since when did you all start letting people into your guilds that didn't have 10mil+ fame and require players to do 10+ minimum CTA's a week? Mega Alliances and the guilds competing for the top season spots aren't interested in new/casual players other than to feast on their dead bodies. That hasn't changed in the past year that i have played.

The competitive guilds and alliances will adapt just fine...they may just have to look over their shoulder a bit more and wont be able to rally 300+ people to destroy a random hideout that is in the second stage of Construction 3 zones away from their territory. BooHoo!!!

Mean while, the smaller guilds wont be affected that much since they were already at a disadvantage going into the black zones in small numbers. But maybe, now that territories aren't held and stripped by super alliances, gatherers will be able to slip into territories of guilds that don't have a presence at a specific game time and get some resources. Time will tell.
    Yeah, its funny how suddenly they are worried about small guilds surviving.
    lol right?
    some of these people complaining have literally been attacking and wiping out smaller guilds hideouts for the past week + and suddenly they come on here and say that this will hurt the guilds they are killing or have killed already.
    Absolute insanity!!
  • FriendlyFire wrote:

FrozenIce wrote:

How are you going to do this in the middle of a season
    Lol they are supposed to wait to fix the game 2+ months because you wanted to hand-hold your way to a season win via a mega-alliance?

TheBacon wrote:

I absolute hate this on that reason, we take new players in our guild also dedicated crafters / gatherers
    Oh no, depriving new players the opportunity to gather and craft for you.. the tragedy.
    Ok elitist dick, try and recruit players when veterans are gone, people join guilds and alliance for social aspects, check your self dude really, entitlement
  • Guilds have always been capped at 300 players. Why? Shouldn’t this same logic apply to an alliance? If not, then the guilds shouldn’t have been capped in the first place. This is something that should have existed long ago if you look at why guilds have a cap.

People play full loot pvp games like Albion because they are challenging. When you introduce mega alliances to the game who bully others through strength in numbers it somewhat eliminates that challenge for them as well as the fun for the smaller groups. Guild caps protect these core values of the game by preventing that from happening, alliance caps do the same and should have been part of the game before it got this out of control.

Atleast SBI is doing something now and listening to the community.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Dip ().

• Congratulations, now you made the most big allys dreams come true, no more share points, no more decrease % on zerg, they still gonna be organized, strong and together. People who dont want play politics on this game of thrones will gonna pay even more... remember most of all content in this game come from big allys, and the income too, because WAR cost GOLD,SILVER and MONEY. If this crying babys want a easy fight and no hard work, stay on RED.

Wait and see!
  • Hollywoodi wrote:

Can we have one additional change please in this test??

In BZ u don't see guild and nametag??

Then it is no naps any more..

And the last risk is gone..
    LISTEN TO THIS MAN. But to not fuck over small parties make it so that nametags dissappear only shortly before and during a zone's active time! That will make effectively coordinating NAP guilds fighting in one zone impossible.

But in all honesty, who here doesn't agree that 20v20 fights are the most fun and everything after that declines in quality? Why do these big alliance leaders keep forcing us to mass up like we do? Why do we not spread out and fight many zones at the same time? Then all this wouldn't be such an issue and we wouldn't have 300 people stuck in queue legitimately not playing the game while the biggest baddest 400 fight it out for an hour!

To be clear, I advocated for alliance limits in the past, even here on the forums and nobody cared. I think this is going too far and ultimately not make underlying issue and better. You want to limit the politicising. But you're not encouraging more small scale stuff which to my opinion is actually what would make the game a LOT better. You need to discourage 200v200 fights and encourage small fights to make for an enjoyable experience. This change won't do that.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Harun ().

• Xezqez wrote:

Vindrax wrote:

Predictions of what is going to happen post this change (will come back to see how accurate these are):

Do not know what guild or alliance you are in but those things you listed are going on now among the top guilds/alliances, I see it all the time, like nearly everyday someone is kicked or threatened based on performance, IP, fame level, activity, pvp fame for the week, so on n so on. So this basically changes nothing that isnt already happening.
    Which is basically the point, it's just going to exacerbate things though to a significantly higher level then they are now. Nothing will fundamentally change in terms of who is controlling the map, only that how selective guilds will be forced to be as guilds need to consolidate to get under the 300 person cap.

I'm in the BEE alliance and we have a number of guilds here working together and we're fighting with everyone around Lymhurst including POE, SOLID, DONT, RANG. We don't have the structure of a BA where we are all under one banner. So when this change hits we now have to pick how can we downsize our alliance that is made up of multiple guilds to field the strongest team. Do we kick all of our newer players? Merge guilds? Set up multiple alliance tags? Go our separate ways? We have been reasonably competitive in our area of the map fighting groups roughly our size. Now we're being asked to decide how we "divide up our community" which in the end is likely going to hurt the more casual/less experienced players the most.
  • SlothSDS wrote:

Albion is like a bottle of fine wine that will only get better with age. This change is a great example of this.

Should probably limit the number of people within a guild to 100 also. That way you can still have a three max guilds in an alliance.

Maybe this will make people less concerned about flexing numbers(where 75% are looting in the backline) and more concerned about focusing on the "CORE" of guilds.
    Yea SBI got manipulated by shitters, so they keep manipulation go on.
    I hope shitters will cry more now. Coth get in the strong guild was much harder then join strong alliance. See you on the battlefields.

BTW, don't forget to remove zerg debuff, if there is no big alliances, you should not punish big guilds.

The post was edited 2 times, last by iRawr ().

• Hollywoodi wrote:

Can we have one additional change please in this test??

In BZ u don't see guild and nametag??

Then it is no naps any more..

And the last risk is gone..
    implementing something like this is actually genius to go along with this change. Hide guild tags please SBI, this will make it even harder for people to abuse the new system with little to no impact on the rest of the game/gameplay.
  • Xezqez wrote:

Raogun wrote:

con ese límite de jugadores por alianza realmente no tendrá sentido hacer una alianza, tuvieron que limitar el número de gremios por alianza en lugar del número de jugadores, después del cambio los pequeños gremios serán dejados a un lado, y perderán cualquier ayuda que hayan tenido en un alián Ce
    Debería haber leído todo el postLos gremios pequeños aún pueden acoirse, no todos los gremios tienen 300 personas y no todos los gremios quieren fusionarse en un gremio zerg
    Well friend, if I read the whole post and immediately take out the accounts, the small guilds within the alliances will be left aside, what weight will have 2 or 3 small guilds against an entire hordcore guild? instead of trying to correct others think of the big picture, it was better to limit the number of guilds per alliance than the number of players