Limiting Alliances to Guild size - Test starting February 26th

• Munjat wrote:

Worst idea ever ... 300 players ... there's guilds that won't even be able to be in the same alliance .. It doesn't make any sense.
    Limit the number of guilds in the alliance that make sense, or like 900-1000 members (about 3 full guilds) ...
    But 300, no point, the word ALLIANCE won't even make sense anymore .
    350k players at QUEEN release, after the maj, your numbers will go down believe me.
    That is the point exactly so top 2 or 3 guilds are nut cupping vs everyone else, one alliance basically does what it wants, the guilds in alliance have no choice but to be allied if they wanna stand up to other alliances. All this needs is for these "mighty Leaders" to stand on their own 2 feet rather than hide behind nuts of a massive zerg army
  • KingMoJo wrote:

KickinMACHINE wrote:

KingMoJo wrote:

This change literally means you gave top ZvZ guilds the excuse to drop alliance and NAP to avoid the debuff issue, and all those newer alliances who banded together to stay alive will get punished even more.
    U can also finally try playing solo as the best ZvZ guild in the game, as u always wanted, nah? U'll still need 5 other strongest guilds by ur side? :/
    nothing changes for BA, just less debuff. Not going to stop working together with guilds I worked with for 2 years just because friendly fire being introduced :D
    You might once you die a few times due to some ff from some people you working with.
    Nothing is more frustrating then an ally shooting u in the back at a critical moment. I have had this exp. in Darkfall online, it also adds to the political part of the game.
    Better to stand on your own, lead by example
  • Maaraken wrote:

KingMoJo wrote:

KickinMACHINE wrote:

KingMoJo wrote:

This change literally means you gave top ZvZ guilds the excuse to drop alliance and NAP to avoid the debuff issue, and all those newer alliances who banded together to stay alive will get punished even more.
    U can also finally try playing solo as the best ZvZ guild in the game, as u always wanted, nah? U'll still need 5 other strongest guilds by ur side? :/
    nothing changes for BA, just less debuff. Not going to stop working together with guilds I worked with for 2 years just because friendly fire being introduced :D
    What would it take for you to value content over points? Just because you fight each other doesn't mean you can't be friends and work together when a bigger enemy shows up. Then go back to playing the game.
    I think 3 seasons was enough for me, I don't care about points.
    You can't explain chess moves to Pokémon GO players
  • Xarwyn wrote:

@TheBacon You may hate this reason but for a competitive guild/alliance why would we take newer members/casuals? You are more then welcome to take as many as you want, but you are not fighting SQUAK daily.
    Why shouldn't they? Creating an even more exclusive setup for newer players or non-dedicated ZvZ players on the game only LOWERS the retention rate of the game itself! This shouldn't be a full choice this is why alliance systems usually have a new player guild on the same ally as the more experienced guild, that is our setup, and this change ruins it completely.

This is sacrificing entire aspects of the game on this blind pursuit to try to downscale how the ZvZ aspect of the game has been playing out.
  • Shortcut of this change is pretty much:

When you want to fight massive alliances but end up killing smaller ones.

This is pretty much near to no change for alliances like Squad or PoE, but alliances like ARCH, Bacon, Surf etc. just got a out of nowhere news that they will die on February 26th.... mid season. Oh and also newer players, good luck with getting into Blue Army Freeman, Crimson Imperium Newborn [...].
  • This is probably the best update you could have introduced SBI. Well done for posting the poll and listening to the community. Also, this will promote more PvP to occur across the entire game map which will promote the market and use of items/equipment more (more deaths will occur) which is something I’ve noticed you guys have been aiming for in the last few updates.
  • Deadrino wrote:

This is terrible change. All the casual players will be removed from their guilds. If they can't find new one it is very likely that they will stop playing since this is not the most solo friendly game. Please think this through again.
    Exactly! How can this people be so short-sighted it's excluding even more people out of content because they won't be playing actively enough and/or dedicated to ZvZ, as that will be the 101 for any guild who wants a territory and/or hold hideouts decently.

So the only way you get on a guild with territories now, will be if you play this ONE ASPECT of the game, that is ZvZ. How the hell is this a good thing?
  • I think a change to the alliance system is urgently needed.
    However, this change goes to another extreme.

1.) The alliance size should be changed. But with 300 members, guilds cannot form an alliance. A good size would be 500 players (if only the account counts) or 1000 if each character counts.
    2.) The division of points within the alliance is a good feature and should be maintained.
    3.) Making such changes within a season is unfair and unnecessary. You had 2 months to think about it or should wait 2 months.
    4.) I did not notice the survey on the topic and I did not find 1300 votes really meaningful!
  • I don't see this changing anything? The larger alliances will break up but what they will do is to form a verbal alliance with the current guilds in there alliance. The only thing they have to be careful of Is join combat against another guild. There will probably be some friendly fire incidents but at the end of the day the larger more powerful guilds will still dominate the map. I think you need another plan!
  • FrozenIce wrote:

How are you going to do this in the middle of a season
    Lol they are supposed to wait to fix the game 2+ months because you wanted to hand-hold your way to a season win via a mega-alliance?

TheBacon wrote:

I absolute hate this on that reason, we take new players in our guild also dedicated crafters / gatherers
    Oh no, depriving new players the opportunity to gather and craft for you.. the tragedy.
  • Creo que si había muchas formas de hacer un cambio han elegido la peor posible. Esto solo dificulta mas a los gremios de nivel medio y bajo. Si lo que buscan es erradicar las mega alianzas planeen limite de personas de una alianza dentro de un mapa. algo mas o menos decente 100 200 personas. Así si se encontraría mas igualado las peleas entre alianzas