Crossbow sniper build viable?

    • Crossbow sniper build viable?

      I've read that the crossbow E skill Snipe is the highest single target dps spell in the game.
      If paired with mage robe for that extra 50%, cloth sandals and cowl for that 3.5% extra dps, and maybe even beef stew with 13.5% dps bonus, it should almost be able to one shot players and mobs.
      This is all theory tho.
      Is there any actual scenario where the crossbow with full cloth armor is viable? PvE? PvP? That of the sniper seems like a super specialized and niche role in a game like albion and I'm not sure if there would be any guild out there willing to have one in their ranks for group content.
    • Sniper is a viable role in ZvZs. They are usually beamed though (arcane W) for extra damage.

      But you can try to do it solo with; royal hood, scholar robe and royal sandals.

      You want scholar robe instead of mage robe because of the cast time.

      Don't expect to be one-shotting anyone though unless you're close to 400 spec and beamed. But you may be able to finish them off with an extra channel of Q.

      You just need to make sure you're hitting someone that doesn't have zerg buff (someone that hasn't been hit in a while)
    • Captainrussia wrote:

      tried searching Youtube? Should be couple (if not plenty) of videos there.

      I know Oaktree used run one, and there was another guy as recent as Nov-Dec time using 1 shot xbow snipe build...
      I did search, but mostly we are talking about videos that are quite dated and with all the changes I can't know how this build (or anything similar to it) would fit in the current meta
    • Phosphia wrote:

      Sniper is a viable role in ZvZs. They are usually beamed though (arcane W) for extra damage.

      But you can try to do it solo with; royal hood, scholar robe and royal sandals.

      You want scholar robe instead of mage robe because of the cast time.

      Don't expect to be one-shotting anyone though unless you're close to 400 spec and beamed. But you may be able to finish them off with an extra channel of Q.

      You just need to make sure you're hitting someone that doesn't have zerg buff (someone that hasn't been hit in a while)
      no it ain’t, it sucks in zvz, siege and weeping are zvz, sometimes heavy and light, never normal, normal is good for 20 man maybe, but it’s excellent in 1v1 and small groups for high burst hits, q auto fire, W sunder, scholar robes, royal sandals, stalker hood, viola you just made one of the deadliest one shot builds
      Sniper is maybe good in zvz for back line or poke, but if the enemy team has arcane and nature it doesn’t do shit
    • Sgtbloodelf wrote:

      Phosphia wrote:

      Sniper is a viable role in ZvZs. They are usually beamed though (arcane W) for extra damage.

      But you can try to do it solo with; royal hood, scholar robe and royal sandals.

      You want scholar robe instead of mage robe because of the cast time.

      Don't expect to be one-shotting anyone though unless you're close to 400 spec and beamed. But you may be able to finish them off with an extra channel of Q.

      You just need to make sure you're hitting someone that doesn't have zerg buff (someone that hasn't been hit in a while)
      no it ain’t, it sucks in zvz, siege and weeping are zvz, sometimes heavy and light, never normal, normal is good for 20 man maybe, but it’s excellent in 1v1 and small groups for high burst hits, q auto fire, W sunder, scholar robes, royal sandals, stalker hood, viola you just made one of the deadliest one shot buildsSniper is maybe good in zvz for back line or poke, but if the enemy team has arcane and nature it doesn’t do shit
      Why is schoilar robe so much better than mage? I understand that it has a spell for reduction of cast time but is it better than the +10% dps of mage robe?
    • teopower89 wrote:

      Sgtbloodelf wrote:

      Phosphia wrote:

      Sniper is a viable role in ZvZs. They are usually beamed though (arcane W) for extra damage.

      But you can try to do it solo with; royal hood, scholar robe and royal sandals.

      You want scholar robe instead of mage robe because of the cast time.

      Don't expect to be one-shotting anyone though unless you're close to 400 spec and beamed. But you may be able to finish them off with an extra channel of Q.

      You just need to make sure you're hitting someone that doesn't have zerg buff (someone that hasn't been hit in a while)
      no it ain’t, it sucks in zvz, siege and weeping are zvz, sometimes heavy and light, never normal, normal is good for 20 man maybe, but it’s excellent in 1v1 and small groups for high burst hits, q auto fire, W sunder, scholar robes, royal sandals, stalker hood, viola you just made one of the deadliest one shot buildsSniper is maybe good in zvz for back line or poke, but if the enemy team has arcane and nature it doesn’t do shit
      Why is schoilar robe so much better than mage? I understand that it has a spell for reduction of cast time but is it better than the +10% dps of mage robe?
      yes, you can out dps the mage robe with the bonus+double tap builds, otherwise you lost viable time for cds and you can get stunned, etc realistically I can get two sniper shots off before I can with mage with probably the same amount of dps with specs or passive, you want to use mage for light, heavy, etc
      There are a few different combos but the most typical one for normal crossbow is Guardian helm, Scholar robe, and scholar sandals, but I usually just use scholar robe and swap others for dps, I started crossbow and was clearing two tiers above me pretty well, it isn’t the best weapon ofc because of its cast and dps output because of that, but it definitely is one of the strongest

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Sgtbloodelf ().

    • Sgtbloodelf wrote:

      teopower89 wrote:

      Sgtbloodelf wrote:

      Phosphia wrote:

      Sniper is a viable role in ZvZs. They are usually beamed though (arcane W) for extra damage.

      But you can try to do it solo with; royal hood, scholar robe and royal sandals.

      You want scholar robe instead of mage robe because of the cast time.

      Don't expect to be one-shotting anyone though unless you're close to 400 spec and beamed. But you may be able to finish them off with an extra channel of Q.

      You just need to make sure you're hitting someone that doesn't have zerg buff (someone that hasn't been hit in a while)
      no it ain’t, it sucks in zvz, siege and weeping are zvz, sometimes heavy and light, never normal, normal is good for 20 man maybe, but it’s excellent in 1v1 and small groups for high burst hits, q auto fire, W sunder, scholar robes, royal sandals, stalker hood, viola you just made one of the deadliest one shot buildsSniper is maybe good in zvz for back line or poke, but if the enemy team has arcane and nature it doesn’t do shit
      Why is schoilar robe so much better than mage? I understand that it has a spell for reduction of cast time but is it better than the +10% dps of mage robe?
      yes, you can out dps the mage robe with the bonus+double tap builds, otherwise you lost viable time for cds and you can get stunned, etc realistically I can get two sniper shots off before I can with mage with probably the same amount of dps with specs or passive, you want to use mage for light, heavy, etcThere are a few different combos but the most typical one for normal crossbow is Guardian helm, Scholar robe, and scholar sandals, but I usually just use scholar robe and swap others for dps, I started crossbow and was clearing two tiers above me pretty well, it isn’t the best weapon ofc because of its cast and dps output because of that, but it definitely is one of the strongest
      when you say not the best but one of the strongest, to what kind of content do you refer to?
      And regarding the scholar robe i understand now why cast time is more important than dps, so why not using a cloth cowl too? They all have a passive for cast time reduction.
    • teopower89 wrote:

      Sgtbloodelf wrote:

      teopower89 wrote:

      Sgtbloodelf wrote:

      Phosphia wrote:

      Sniper is a viable role in ZvZs. They are usually beamed though (arcane W) for extra damage.

      But you can try to do it solo with; royal hood, scholar robe and royal sandals.

      You want scholar robe instead of mage robe because of the cast time.

      Don't expect to be one-shotting anyone though unless you're close to 400 spec and beamed. But you may be able to finish them off with an extra channel of Q.

      You just need to make sure you're hitting someone that doesn't have zerg buff (someone that hasn't been hit in a while)
      no it ain’t, it sucks in zvz, siege and weeping are zvz, sometimes heavy and light, never normal, normal is good for 20 man maybe, but it’s excellent in 1v1 and small groups for high burst hits, q auto fire, W sunder, scholar robes, royal sandals, stalker hood, viola you just made one of the deadliest one shot buildsSniper is maybe good in zvz for back line or poke, but if the enemy team has arcane and nature it doesn’t do shit
      Why is schoilar robe so much better than mage? I understand that it has a spell for reduction of cast time but is it better than the +10% dps of mage robe?
      yes, you can out dps the mage robe with the bonus+double tap builds, otherwise you lost viable time for cds and you can get stunned, etc realistically I can get two sniper shots off before I can with mage with probably the same amount of dps with specs or passive, you want to use mage for light, heavy, etcThere are a few different combos but the most typical one for normal crossbow is Guardian helm, Scholar robe, and scholar sandals, but I usually just use scholar robe and swap others for dps, I started crossbow and was clearing two tiers above me pretty well, it isn’t the best weapon ofc because of its cast and dps output because of that, but it definitely is one of the strongest
      when you say not the best but one of the strongest, to what kind of content do you refer to?And regarding the scholar robe i understand now why cast time is more important than dps, so why not using a cloth cowl too? They all have a passive for cast time reduction.
      1. It’s strong for PvP and pve Group, ok in pve solo, of course there will be better choices for each field, light is most certainly better for wearing down but requires two items to be spec’d, but if your looking for a standard easy weapon to take its one of them, it is punishing because crossbow has a lot of counters, but it also can be rewarding due to the fact you can one shot but leather and cloth armor users with it and sunder.
      2. You could, but when it comes to cooldown reduction on armor you don’t as much want that unless your using say Royal cowl (Which only the abilities passives on it are good, the forbidden energy or whatever is useless for crossbow) but leather helms such as Royal Hood, or Stalker Hood allow you to take a damage passive, and maximize your damage output, while your scholar robe handles cooldowns. If you play your cards a fight will end in ten seconds maximum. Crossbow can’t sub stain past that
    • Sgtbloodelf wrote:

      teopower89 wrote:

      Sgtbloodelf wrote:

      teopower89 wrote:

      Sgtbloodelf wrote:

      Phosphia wrote:

      Sniper is a viable role in ZvZs. They are usually beamed though (arcane W) for extra damage.

      But you can try to do it solo with; royal hood, scholar robe and royal sandals.

      You want scholar robe instead of mage robe because of the cast time.

      Don't expect to be one-shotting anyone though unless you're close to 400 spec and beamed. But you may be able to finish them off with an extra channel of Q.

      You just need to make sure you're hitting someone that doesn't have zerg buff (someone that hasn't been hit in a while)
      no it ain’t, it sucks in zvz, siege and weeping are zvz, sometimes heavy and light, never normal, normal is good for 20 man maybe, but it’s excellent in 1v1 and small groups for high burst hits, q auto fire, W sunder, scholar robes, royal sandals, stalker hood, viola you just made one of the deadliest one shot buildsSniper is maybe good in zvz for back line or poke, but if the enemy team has arcane and nature it doesn’t do shit
      Why is schoilar robe so much better than mage? I understand that it has a spell for reduction of cast time but is it better than the +10% dps of mage robe?
      yes, you can out dps the mage robe with the bonus+double tap builds, otherwise you lost viable time for cds and you can get stunned, etc realistically I can get two sniper shots off before I can with mage with probably the same amount of dps with specs or passive, you want to use mage for light, heavy, etcThere are a few different combos but the most typical one for normal crossbow is Guardian helm, Scholar robe, and scholar sandals, but I usually just use scholar robe and swap others for dps, I started crossbow and was clearing two tiers above me pretty well, it isn’t the best weapon ofc because of its cast and dps output because of that, but it definitely is one of the strongest
      when you say not the best but one of the strongest, to what kind of content do you refer to?And regarding the scholar robe i understand now why cast time is more important than dps, so why not using a cloth cowl too? They all have a passive for cast time reduction.
      1. It’s strong for PvP and pve Group, ok in pve solo, of course there will be better choices for each field, light is most certainly better for wearing down but requires two items to be spec’d, but if your looking for a standard easy weapon to take its one of them, it is punishing because crossbow has a lot of counters, but it also can be rewarding due to the fact you can one shot but leather and cloth armor users with it and sunder.2. You could, but when it comes to cooldown reduction on armor you don’t as much want that unless your using say Royal cowl (Which only the abilities passives on it are good, the forbidden energy or whatever is useless for crossbow) but leather helms such as Royal Hood, or Stalker Hood allow you to take a damage passive, and maximize your damage output, while your scholar robe handles cooldowns. If you play your cards a fight will end in ten seconds maximum. Crossbow can’t sub stain past that
      Sorry if I keep asking but I just want to make sure I fully understand this point.
      You say at best if sticking to cloth cowl it should get the royal one, but not because of its active ability. Then what for? If I'm not mistaken passive abilities are the same on all cloth cowls so scholar header piece should do just fine.
      And if I wanted a damage passive then I could stick once again to cloth cowls because it's higher than the one provided by leather hoods. If scholar is the way to go for both sandals and robe then what am I failing to understand regarding the head piece? Once again, sorry for being stubborn.
    • teopower89 wrote:

      Sgtbloodelf wrote:

      teopower89 wrote:

      Sgtbloodelf wrote:

      teopower89 wrote:

      Sgtbloodelf wrote:

      Phosphia wrote:

      Sniper is a viable role in ZvZs. They are usually beamed though (arcane W) for extra damage.

      But you can try to do it solo with; royal hood, scholar robe and royal sandals.

      You want scholar robe instead of mage robe because of the cast time.

      Don't expect to be one-shotting anyone though unless you're close to 400 spec and beamed. But you may be able to finish them off with an extra channel of Q.

      You just need to make sure you're hitting someone that doesn't have zerg buff (someone that hasn't been hit in a while)
      no it ain’t, it sucks in zvz, siege and weeping are zvz, sometimes heavy and light, never normal, normal is good for 20 man maybe, but it’s excellent in 1v1 and small groups for high burst hits, q auto fire, W sunder, scholar robes, royal sandals, stalker hood, viola you just made one of the deadliest one shot buildsSniper is maybe good in zvz for back line or poke, but if the enemy team has arcane and nature it doesn’t do shit
      Why is schoilar robe so much better than mage? I understand that it has a spell for reduction of cast time but is it better than the +10% dps of mage robe?
      yes, you can out dps the mage robe with the bonus+double tap builds, otherwise you lost viable time for cds and you can get stunned, etc realistically I can get two sniper shots off before I can with mage with probably the same amount of dps with specs or passive, you want to use mage for light, heavy, etcThere are a few different combos but the most typical one for normal crossbow is Guardian helm, Scholar robe, and scholar sandals, but I usually just use scholar robe and swap others for dps, I started crossbow and was clearing two tiers above me pretty well, it isn’t the best weapon ofc because of its cast and dps output because of that, but it definitely is one of the strongest
      when you say not the best but one of the strongest, to what kind of content do you refer to?And regarding the scholar robe i understand now why cast time is more important than dps, so why not using a cloth cowl too? They all have a passive for cast time reduction.
      1. It’s strong for PvP and pve Group, ok in pve solo, of course there will be better choices for each field, light is most certainly better for wearing down but requires two items to be spec’d, but if your looking for a standard easy weapon to take its one of them, it is punishing because crossbow has a lot of counters, but it also can be rewarding due to the fact you can one shot but leather and cloth armor users with it and sunder.2. You could, but when it comes to cooldown reduction on armor you don’t as much want that unless your using say Royal cowl (Which only the abilities passives on it are good, the forbidden energy or whatever is useless for crossbow) but leather helms such as Royal Hood, or Stalker Hood allow you to take a damage passive, and maximize your damage output, while your scholar robe handles cooldowns. If you play your cards a fight will end in ten seconds maximum. Crossbow can’t sub stain past that
      Sorry if I keep asking but I just want to make sure I fully understand this point.You say at best if sticking to cloth cowl it should get the royal one, but not because if its active ability. Then what for? If I'm not mistaken passive abilities are the same on all cloth cowls so scholar robe should do just fine.
      And if I wanted a damage passive then I could stick once again to cloth cowls because it's higher than the one provided by leather hoods. If scholar is the way to go for both sandals and robe then what am I failing to understand regarding the head piece? Once again, sorry for being stubborn.
      passives are the same, the armor ability is not, your helmet should benefit you, if it doesn’t why I are you getting it? Royal cowl is only good for crossbow because it gives a ability damage buff, but its ability (e) is useless to your type of weapon, the passives can be used but you should try to stack them efficiently
      Let me example: If I use a Royal cowl I get like a 10% flat ability buff let’s say, that’s pretty strong, but now I have a royal equipment that doesn’t sink with my gear, and if I want to maximize my dps, it won’t do it, if I use a Royal Hood, now I can use a passive that’s a little weaker, but I’m getting a active ability and a Royal buff that now stacks, and works with my weapon, it’s essentially what syncs with your build and synergies
    • The biggest issue with the wep competitive play is 1 it's super easy to see coming so people will iframe it
      2 long cast easy to intrupt
      3 single Target damage game works more around handicap aoe easy to land makes it harder on healers etc
      Cool concept all about unique things but Albion community is pretty set in there ways and will bring a whole bag of items to counter you if needed.
      So overall takes more time to sync in a team people rage about that, does high damage aka putting it more into burst to many iframes once again between ice block and cleric robes pulling it off against high end players will be rough.

      My build for you if your set on this wep is
      1cleric helm iceblock super good
      2. If running a tank who controls you aka cc alot run purity robe so you can get off a E mixed with scholar robe for Mana reserve and faster snipe shot
      3.mage sandal's overall best can blink while casting, and goes through ironclad
      Cape lymhurst or fortsterling
      Food omelette lower cd can e more and faster cast times.
    • Sgtbloodelf wrote:

      hypnoticshadow wrote:

      The snipe build I tested and play as the most effective in damage is: mage cowl, scholar robe, crossbow, hellion shoes.
      Activate the robe, lock with hellion, sunder shot, snipe shot...finish with autofire.
      Royal hood is still better if you do it right but yeh It’s aptable
      Yeah I agree but talking about cost I think mage cowl is better, think that you add also the damage of the poison to the total and a high ip gives more damage, the royal damage is still the same even if a little bit still higher in total
    • hypnoticshadow wrote:

      Sgtbloodelf wrote:

      hypnoticshadow wrote:

      The snipe build I tested and play as the most effective in damage is: mage cowl, scholar robe, crossbow, hellion shoes.
      Activate the robe, lock with hellion, sunder shot, snipe shot...finish with autofire.
      Royal hood is still better if you do it right but yeh It’s aptable
      Yeah I agree but talking about cost I think mage cowl is better, think that you add also the damage of the poison to the total and a high ip gives more damage, the royal damage is still the same even if a little bit still higher in total
      oh yeah for cost for sure, though most you won’t find having 40-50+ ip that’ll make it obnoxious for how cheap it is, if he’s start a new though it is a good thing to start