Are Hideouts Usually Attacked During Setup?

• Are Hideouts Usually Attacked During Setup?

New to trying anything in the BZ, I just wanted to know if it's common for hideouts to be attacked during the setup phase or what not, or if they're just left alone for the most part. I see zones with no hideouts in them so I just assumed not many smaller guilds can scrape the resources together to try it.
    • for the most part... yes.

I mean... placing a Hideout without communicating with the the Watchtower owners is like setting up a missile battery on the border with another country - its instantly perceived as a threat.

There are some tricks on placing the Hideout and having it live through the 20 min set up time, but you have to be very clever about where you place it (a lot depends on the neighboring zones, etc...)
    • Captainrussia wrote:

for the most part... yes.

I mean... placing a Hideout without communicating with the the Watchtower owners is like setting up a missile battery on the border with another country - its instantly perceived as a threat.

There are some tricks on placing the Hideout and having it live through the 20 min set up time, but you have to be very clever about where you place it (a lot depends on the neighboring zones, etc...)
      So since that's the case and with the battle times being as they are, hiring people to help defend would most likely be too expensive to keep up for anything long term..?
    • ichimo wrote:

Captainrussia wrote:

for the most part... yes.

So since that's the case and with the battle times being as they are, hiring people to help defend would most likely be too expensive to keep up for anything long term..?
      Its a player driven economy. You could theoretically hire people - I think money is not the issue, but trust.

If you can figure out a way to generate money with your Hideout - then paying any kind of upkeep for defense or to hire mercenaries - theoretically - should be a thing. Ahhh... the beauty of a sandbox game!
    • You definitely can survive initial 20 minutes of vulnerability by carefully picking time and place.

Surviving next day vulnerability is much more complicated because territory owner probably will come to destroy it.

Anyway, if you want your hideout to survive more than several days, you have to fight for it. Or find someone to fight for it, territory owner's rivals could be interested.

Another option is to reach an agreement with a territory owner. Rent prices are not that high today.
    • Gerrit wrote:

You definitely can survive initial 20 minutes of vulnerability by carefully picking time and place.

Surviving next day vulnerability is much more complicated because territory owner probably will come to destroy it.

Anyway, if you want your hideout to survive more than several days, you have to fight for it. Or find someone to fight for it, territory owner's rivals could be interested.

Another option is to reach an agreement with a territory owner. Rent prices are not that high today.
      Yeah, I've been asking territory owners but I never get a response from any of the guild leaders, haven't even got something like a list of demands they want met or what not...
    • ichimo wrote:

Yeah, I've been asking territory owners but I never get a response from any of the guild leaders, haven't even got something like a list of demands they want met or what not...
      I'm aware of several renting programmes. Demands are like 0.5-1 mil silver per day for t5-t6 zone, 5 mil per day for t8 zone or if you are combat oriented you could have t8 zone by fielding at least 10 players every day in 1400ip gear to fight for your landlord.

I belive that the best way to reach territory owners is to join guild's discord and ask for an officer.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Gerrit ().